Pages:
Author

Topic: Can Bitcoin Volatility Be Controlled? - page 14. (Read 12118 times)

Activity: 756
Merit: 268
December 21, 2017, 06:22:24 PM
I have read some posts and some concerns that it is the volatility of Bitcoin that is preventing many people and many businesses to fully adopt Bitcoin. This can be the main factor why big online shopping stores are not yet adding Bitcoin into their payment facilities (though there is now a circulated petition for this but I doubt if it can make a dent).

Some are really saying that if volatility can be managed then we can see Bitcoin going mainstream. I am wondering then: Is volatility something that we should find a way to control and how do you think it can be done?
It cannot be controlled, in my opinion. Bitcoin's volatility is in nature since the market value is just dependent with its market demand. And since demand from the market changes from time to time, I conclude that its volatility also won't be controlled. Its vooatility in the first place is an advantage for active investors because they are taking advantage of the backdrops as their best timing to invest in Bitcoin.
legendary
Activity: 896
Merit: 1000
December 21, 2017, 06:07:22 PM
I have read some posts and some concerns that it is the volatility of Bitcoin that is preventing many people and many businesses to fully adopt Bitcoin. This can be the main factor why big online shopping stores are not yet adding Bitcoin into their payment facilities (though there is now a circulated petition for this but I doubt if it can make a dent).

Some are really saying that if volatility can be managed then we can see Bitcoin going mainstream. I am wondering then: Is volatility something that we should find a way to control and how do you think it can be done?
Well usually the bitcoin volatility is the results of whales on the marketplace so obviously the volatility can be control by those who has a lot of bitcoin, hundreds of them.
Activity: 223
Merit: 250
December 21, 2017, 05:46:38 PM

No! The reason why many investors are afraid to invest their money to the bitcoin because they have doubt that they can lose their money because of the volatility of thw bitcoin. They know that bitcoin is risky investment.
The fact, it is really risky. If Bitcoin is not a risk place for investment, no one ignore the opportunity to make money without any risk. But truth is never the same as our will, therefore, instead of avoid the risk of Bitcoin to ignore the chance to make money, I think we should find the solution.
Activity: 392
Merit: 100
platform for everyday business
December 20, 2017, 03:37:54 PM

As far as i know the volatility of  bitcoin is cannot be controlled or managed,because i thinks its depend on the investor  capital,if so many  bitcoiners hold there bitcoins, much more the price of bitcoin will  grow because of its lack  btc volume in the market,so in order to realease this  huge volume, the exchange sites make the price value bigger  so that the investor can sell there bitcoins they hold and back to low when so many stocks value in exchange sites.i thinks that is the playing process of the trading site's why we cannot control the volatile issues the only things that can be controlled bitcoins when it will become regulated in the global community.
Activity: 241
Merit: 11
December 20, 2017, 02:31:01 PM

No! The reason why many investors are afraid to invest their money to the bitcoin because they have doubt that they can lose their money because of the volatility of thw bitcoin. They know that bitcoin is risky investment.
Activity: 1484
Merit: 547
Pugs are the best!
December 20, 2017, 02:27:20 PM

A simple way is to use bitcoin as a currency and not as an asset. People tend to pump and dump bitcoin especially traders and whales. If bitcoin is used as a currency, for payments in stores, in gas stations, in services and many more things in our everyday living that requires money, bitcoin would have a more compact price. But it is not bound to happen. You just can't control a decentralized coin unless the government takes control of those matters.
Activity: 93
Merit: 10
December 20, 2017, 02:08:19 PM
The more the market cap grows, the less the volatility will be huge, when it will find its equilibrium price we will have a rather stable market that will take a few ¨% from time to time as the stock market
Activity: 2408
Merit: 584
December 20, 2017, 02:06:38 PM
I don't think so if it will be controlled. Base on past months and years bitcoin volatility still not stabled and it keeps on increasing. And it will be controlled by anyone maybe bitcoin will be no longer. Maybe they will control the bitcoin price too. And many investors will be quiting here in bitcoin.
Exactly it is not possible because bitcoin is giving a lot of benefits because of volatility. It is making reason why people are investing in bitcoin and they are trusting bitcoin if bitcoin will have same price and it will not be change then people will not trust bitcoin and they will quit bitcoin. It is good for us bitcoin has become volatile. It is not happening now on small scale but on very large and high scale so it is not going to be controlled.
Activity: 378
December 19, 2017, 09:00:44 AM
Bitcoin will always fluctuate as long as there are still many people who do exchange for profit, so it is very difficult to control Bitcoin volatility.
Activity: 266
Merit: 16
December 19, 2017, 07:22:20 AM
I don't think so if it will be controlled. Base on past months and years bitcoin volatility still not stabled and it keeps on increasing. And it will be controlled by anyone maybe bitcoin will be no longer. Maybe they will control the bitcoin price too. And many investors will be quiting here in bitcoin.
Activity: 47
Merit: 0
December 18, 2017, 11:36:20 PM
Bitcoin is controlled by all its users worldwide. Developers ... Volatility - The total value of the bitcoin in circulation and the number of businesses using Bitcoin is still very small compared to what it should be.
Activity: 1862
Merit: 830
December 18, 2017, 08:48:58 PM
With a market cap that reaches over $ 100 billion, I think it would be hard for anyone to make a turbulent bitcoin price. all prices due to the pure demand and stock of the users.
Obviously, and the fact that it is even getting huge every day. Highest that can ever happen is seeing the market being manipulated one way or the other by whales, but as the market cap keeps increasing, this makes it more difficult for huge manipulation to be done. However, bitcoin remains decentralized and it is just impossible for anyone to come up one day and start controlling the volatility.

I think everyone is already aware that how CME is trying to control the prices... They are putting restrictions on people.. they cannot sell more than a specific amount and things like this well this is in a way a regulation only.. also since bitcoins future is launched it will give them more a authority over the value... Being generated in the Bitcoins economy.. Thus I think it can be regulated very easily by something big enough.
Activity: 518
Merit: 100
December 18, 2017, 06:33:32 PM

I think it can't be controlled. Bitcoin's volatility is in nature. Fluctuations are always expected so it supposed to be nit surprising. The vaolatility is cause d by the market demand since its marjet value is just deoendent with the demand from the market. So with that, as the price moves, expect that same thing happens on the demand from the market.
Activity: 686
Merit: 253
December 18, 2017, 03:35:59 PM
If the prices of bitcoin are determined chiefly by the demand and supply of bitcoin on the market their and these demands and supply can be influenced by whales and those with large chunks of bitcoin and so i guess it's possible to control the volatility of bitcoin but i don't know how effective that will be because it is getting more and more decentralized ass the day goes by  with new adopters.
Activity: 490
December 18, 2017, 01:52:02 PM
It can easily be controlled if some big entity decides to buy a large amount of bitcoin to control the price, like a government or a bank
This is the only way to control bitcoin and it is possible that controlling bitcoin can happen since bitcoin now is very popular and government is threatened and if they think that they won't be able to control the people then they can just easily buy a lot of bitcoin and then control it.
Activity: 1722
Merit: 528
December 18, 2017, 01:05:19 PM
It can easily be controlled if some big entity decides to buy a large amount of bitcoin to control the price, like a government or a bank

I agree and I thought that is one of the theory of the "good satoshi" which he holds 1Million bitcoins to control the price, but from what I am seeing, the price is still volatile. And I think no one will be doing that since most of the people who holds and buy bitcoin is just aiming to get a good profit out of it's volatility. I think if bitcoin's volatility is controlled, it won't be that popular.
Activity: 1190
Merit: 111
December 18, 2017, 12:52:48 PM
I think it can't be controlled because bitcoin is based on decentralised system and there are no one to controlled it, the one that makes it volatility is the supply and demand and we can't controlled people about those things, so bitcoin will never be too stable
As of today, the volatility is getting more movement, the movement of pump in the market is unstoppable as the supplies stay as it is and people are now having interest on bitcoin, everyday more people are getting attracted to the coin which gives more demand, one more thing people now are solid to bitcoin and built their trust on the investment to get profit which when bitcoin fall even just 10 percent they are having now rush buying on the market which supplies bitcoin more power to go up.
legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1001
December 18, 2017, 12:34:29 PM
Activity: 1386
Merit: 504
December 18, 2017, 12:32:42 PM
I think it is the system that controls it but it is heavily reliant on Bitcoin's supply and demand. Hence, volatility can hardly be controlled in this kind of system. Also, Bitcoin bolsters its growth by being decentralized. I do not think many will be happy when it becomes centralized because things can substantially change. Controlling it would just be like copying the strategies of governments in regulating the supply of money that are in circulation. How and so in Bitcoin, I really would not know.
No system control the peice and it can't be manipulated by one person but i do believe it can happen like tmin the bitcoin futures. All is possible in the future lets see if they can control it among with the millions or billions of people who will use bitcoin.
Activity: 882
Merit: 506
December 18, 2017, 11:13:48 AM
I think it is the system that controls it but it is heavily reliant on Bitcoin's supply and demand. Hence, volatility can hardly be controlled in this kind of system. Also, Bitcoin bolsters its growth by being decentralized. I do not think many will be happy when it becomes centralized because things can substantially change. Controlling it would just be like copying the strategies of governments in regulating the supply of money that are in circulation. How and so in Bitcoin, I really would not know.
Pages:
Jump to: