Pages:
Author

Topic: Can Bitcoin Volatility Be Controlled? - page 17. (Read 12120 times)

Activity: 339
Merit: 102
The Exchange for EOS Community
December 04, 2017, 06:36:19 PM
I have read some posts and some concerns that it is the volatility of Bitcoin that is preventing many people and many businesses to fully adopt Bitcoin. This can be the main factor why big online shopping stores are not yet adding Bitcoin into their payment facilities (though there is now a circulated petition for this but I doubt if it can make a dent).

Some are really saying that if volatility can be managed then we can see Bitcoin going mainstream. I am wondering then: Is volatility something that we should find a way to control and how do you think it can be done?
I think the volatility can somehow be controlled but this needs a mandatory action to be done and implement it among people to support bitcoin. But as far as concerned, volatility will be just a normal scenario among cryptocurrencies so it cannot be somehow controlled since it was a natural phenomena within this type of currency.
Activity: 252
Merit: 101
Global Risk Exchange - gref.io
December 04, 2017, 06:28:31 PM
I have read some posts and some concerns that it is the volatility of Bitcoin that is preventing many people and many businesses to fully adopt Bitcoin. This can be the main factor why big online shopping stores are not yet adding Bitcoin into their payment facilities (though there is now a circulated petition for this but I doubt if it can make a dent).

Some are really saying that if volatility can be managed then we can see Bitcoin going mainstream. I am wondering then: Is volatility something that we should find a way to control and how do you think it can be done?

I don't know about managed because that implies a central party is going to take measures to make sure things don't happen which will not be the case in a free market. However, I will agree with  the fact that once more money comes in and Bitcoin is around price tag 25k the volatility should decrease and every dollar therefore should also make the volatility less imho.
Activity: 1190
Merit: 111
December 04, 2017, 04:47:58 PM
i dont think so .. votality of primary needs cant be control how can you do that to bitcoin when people now is starting to have interest on this ?
remember that supply and demand controls the price and as of now i can tell that bitcoin will rise moore than ever .
legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1025
December 04, 2017, 12:58:42 PM
I think the only thing can control the volatility of Bitcoin is Money. Money could change the supply and demand of Bitcoin so they could manage Bitcoin's price into the exactly price if you have enough money to do it.
That is where whales always come in. These are the guys that their move at once can affect the value of the market hugely but with the way things are and as the market cap is increasing by the day, there is just so little whales can really do much these days and they are also always careful not to overdo themselves, before they end up losing a lot when there are so much hungry investors trying to catch at a good price.
Activity: 1274
Merit: 261
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
December 03, 2017, 08:59:20 AM

One of Bitcoin's predominant and attractive factors is it's decentralization which paves way to its volatility.
A lot of people find this aspect a marvelous feature and to some a means to exploit. Regardless of opinion,
this raises an issue and concern to some banks, organizations and governments. Currently bitcoin's volatility
is normal, it is the appealing ingredient that makes it so interesting. Organizations will try to control, influence
manipulate and even regulate bitcoin, to how long or means is of no knowledge yet. But people still favor and
will continue to approve of this volatility and decentralization facet because it makes things more compelling.

On every market prices fluctuate! That can not be stopped cause bitcoin is traded
every day, there is no break for that. Interest rate adjustments in different countries
have the biggest effect on the value, if you know that price of bitcoin is much higher
in China will you sell your bitcoin for half of that price?
   There are many reasons why price fluctuate, with bitcoin one is important how much
money is getting in or out. To nearly determinate price you need to know how many
people in this world is buying bitcoin, and how many of them is selling. You can not
do simple math to calculate that, cause numbers are changing all the time. This is simple
explanation of economy, bitcoin price fluctuations will never stop!
Activity: 476
Merit: 108
December 03, 2017, 08:39:07 AM

One of Bitcoin's predominant and attractive factors is it's decentralization which paves way to its volatility.
A lot of people find this aspect a marvelous feature and to some a means to exploit. Regardless of opinion,
this raises an issue and concern to some banks, organizations and governments. Currently bitcoin's volatility
is normal, it is the appealing ingredient that makes it so interesting. Organizations will try to control, influence
manipulate and even regulate bitcoin, to how long or means is of no knowledge yet. But people still favor and
will continue to approve of this volatility and decentralization facet because it makes things more compelling.
Activity: 406
Merit: 100
December 03, 2017, 08:25:01 AM
Completely control No. But i believe it can be manipulated.
Bitcoin Volatility can be pumped and dumped by some groups or company which making profit by doing trading crypto currency.
It is sadly, but this is also happen on other trading business like Forex.
Since volatility was related with demand and supply, so this is too difficult being controlled.
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
December 03, 2017, 08:04:20 AM
I dont think that bitcoins volatility can be controlled, but i think theres a group of people manipulating the market price thats why its price right now is so huge.
Activity: 420
Merit: 256
اللعنة
December 03, 2017, 07:52:25 AM

Volatility, according to google dictionary, is defined as the liability to CHANGE RAPIDLY and UNPREDICTABLY, especially for the worse. So there's no way for us to control the VOLATILITY of bitcoin. Bitcoin is a DECENTRALIZED cryptocurrency, which means that no one can completely take control of it. We, the people who uses bitcoin, are the one who give a part of how bitcoin value moves, but we can't completely control its value.

Also, I don't think that bitcoin's volatility is a bane. For me, it is a boon. It's up to users on how to manage their investment on it.
Activity: 78
Merit: 10
December 03, 2017, 04:54:27 AM
I think the bitcoin volatility will not be controlled, because bitcoin is not owned by anyone. If bitcoin is controlled then perhaps bitcoin has become another coin .
legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 1008
December 03, 2017, 04:17:11 AM
I think minor investioors cannot control anything; at the same time really big players might control Bitcoin volatility.
Activity: 1134
Merit: 500
December 02, 2017, 08:44:00 AM

Bitcoin, as all the other cryptocurrency it reacts, in his evolution, to the marketplace so the volatility of it it is given not by a person or a group of persons but by the market so the volatility can't be controlled.
Activity: 1750
Merit: 118
December 02, 2017, 08:42:02 AM
Of course it can't be controlled, because of the volatility of bitcoin many of the traders get their in this concept of bitcoin even in the other altcoins that's there is happening when the the value is low its a sign to buy the coins then when the value gets increase its time sell the coin, just simple as that.

why not? bitcoin can infact be controlled. incase you didnt heard about whales? whale/s are a group of people or a single person which is verry powerful and rich enough. they buy bitcoins or altcoins in a huge amount or bulk in order for them to control and manipulate the specific market of that coin , so that they can earn a huge profit. also the demand and supply is another factor that affects the volatility of a coin.
Activity: 10
Merit: 0
December 02, 2017, 08:04:24 AM
As far as I know, the unique feature of bitcoin is that it cannot be controlled nor manipulated in any way. So, I guess my answer would be no, it cannot.
Activity: 546
Merit: 257
December 01, 2017, 08:00:54 PM
Bitcoin can't controlled with any sector, it's decentralized. We see that the price is going pump and dump. They says many people know the value of this bitcoin with volatility price.

It can be controlled by some regulator (smth like part of World Bank). These regulator can control the currency rates, that will make it more stable.

But I think that is a little overboard for those regulators since they will just be controlling the currency rates just to be sync with Bitcoin's volatility. Yes it is stable, but you did you think that it will be affecting other people who are using other currency that is more commonly used than bitcoin?

I think they will rather be choosing to control fiats and other main currencies than digital currencies like bitcoin because they know that digital currencies is not that easy to control unlike currencies. To control these digital currencies, you must hold a huge number of bitcoins in order to move the price in your desire, I think you can call those people whales.
Activity: 910
Merit: 251
December 01, 2017, 07:55:00 PM
Of course it can't be controlled, because of the volatility of bitcoin many of the traders get their in this concept of bitcoin even in the other altcoins that's there is happening when the the value is low its a sign to buy the coins then when the value gets increase its time sell the coin, just simple as that.
Activity: 3
Merit: 0
December 01, 2017, 07:37:14 PM
The only way to make Bitcoin less volatile is to share it with your freidns, family and nwtworks to make them buy it because the more money in Bitcoin, the higher it's market cap and the less volatile it can be because no single entity whether it be a multi billionaire or investment corporation could affect the price  alot then. Until then, we will continue seeing big swings of 10% like we do now.
legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000
December 01, 2017, 07:35:45 PM
For now the volatility of bitcoin is uncontrollable due to the fact that there are few holders but can only be controlled by wider adoption by the people, as the numbers of people buying and holding it increases the volume also increases hence price stability will be attained at equilibrium.
Yes i think it can be control, but will all the people accept bitcoin and then there is very little entry of the people in bitcoin.
Activity: 728
Merit: 275
December 01, 2017, 04:19:52 PM

There are just two ways to control the volatility of bitcoin. One is to make supply equal to the incoming demand which is done in the system of FIAT or it would be possible once everyone comes on bitcoin network. with limited and completed demand bitcoin could gain some stability.
legendary
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1058
December 01, 2017, 03:26:17 PM
Volatility of bitcoin and cryptocurrency cannot be controlled. In my view very few altcoins volatility were controlled just because of the team that's behind it. Some provide fake price moves to profit out of it, if the system functions in a decentralized state the volatility can't be kept under control. At times manipulation happens with the big Volume holders.
lol yes i agree , the decentralization itself pointed in bitcoin/cryptocurrency to avoid any regulation applied by one sided, controled by some groups only , people who dreaming about financial freedom will surely choose to move to use bitcoin or any other cryptocurrencies.

it is a pretty clear answer nobody can control the volatility.
thats reality,the design of cryptocurrencies is to secure and give freedom to any individual that part of this community,decentralization of bitcoin includes its volatility to be uncontrollable and thats why were growing because of that settings.and it will continue until bitcoin or crypto gone for good
I really do not get what you are driving at. However, the last time I checked it is the law of demand and supply that is mainly the cause of the volatility in the first place. So, you saying it do not always apply ?

You may need to explain yourself further. It is pure economics, the more the demand and the lesser the supply, the more the value increases and vice versa. Some may be powerful than the others by holding a whole lot of it, but a lot of that is going to change.
Pages:
Jump to: