Pages:
Author

Topic: Can Bitcoin Volatility Be Controlled? - page 21. (Read 12120 times)

Activity: 378
Merit: 100
November 20, 2017, 12:08:59 PM
as soon as the pumps and dumps continue, the volatility of it would be impossible to control. But if there would be any regulations regarding manipulation I guess that the price of it would be more stable.
Activity: 32
Merit: 0
November 20, 2017, 11:57:32 AM
I think, only special regulator, like national bank (but special one for bitcoin) can make it stable. It'll control bitcoin but also gonna make it more centralised.
Activity: 73
November 20, 2017, 11:18:45 AM
In the life, there are many kinds of people and each person uses different trading or investing methods. Example me, I am also scared the volatility of the Bitcoin price. Therefore, I only choose to investing for long term instead of buy Bitcoin and trading it as day trader.

True, it all depends on the approach. However, the volatility is precisely the reason Bitcoin is so attractive to active traders, who in turn make the market liquid for the long term investors.
Activity: 477
Merit: 250
Blockchain Just Entered The Real World
November 20, 2017, 10:44:50 AM
I have read some posts and some concerns that it is the volatility of Bitcoin that is preventing many people and many businesses to fully adopt Bitcoin. This can be the main factor why big online shopping stores are not yet adding Bitcoin into their payment facilities (though there is now a circulated petition for this but I doubt if it can make a dent).

Some are really saying that if volatility can be managed then we can see Bitcoin going mainstream. I am wondering then: Is volatility something that we should find a way to control and how do you think it can be done?
I don't think so. Bitcoin's volatility has been there from the very beginning. Another thing is bitcoin is decentralized so the change will surely occur and it will never be constant. Bitcoin's volatility is also one of the main reason why many investors are here. We may be a factor that may affect the volatility of bitcoin but controlling it is not a thing we can do. We should just keep on supporting bitcoin so the value will continue to rise.
Yes, that’s true for sure. I don’t see any reason why volatility is the problem why Bitcoin is not being accepted. The real fact is that people just don’t want to accept Bitcoin, nobody is interested, not when you have a job that earns you more than whatever it is you will be getting from Bitcoin.

Some people are busy to concentrate on Bitcoin– example– you can’t tell a doctor to leave his work and focus on assets, same thing as police officer and other busy careers.
I believed that the volatility is just an excuse for some people to avoid bitcoin because they always telling me that they don't want to get involved with bitcoin because they know that it is risky to invest in bitcoin because of the volatility and that is why they are just being close minded for this wonderful opportunity but i hope that in the future, this kind of excuse will be remove by explaining the good thins about bitcoin.
In the life, there are many kinds of people and each person uses different trading or investing methods. Example me, I am also scared the volatility of the Bitcoin price. Therefore, I only choose to investing for long term instead of buy Bitcoin and trading it as day trader.
Activity: 518
Merit: 271
November 20, 2017, 07:25:41 AM
Unfortunately, bitcoin volatility can't be controlled only the market will decide and depend on investors and since the investors had different mindsets towards to bitcoin i think the stability won't achieved but i think the volatility make bitcoin so special for us who were short term investors and attracts mkre investors because you can earn a lot of profit in short time.
Activity: 1680
Merit: 535
Bitcoin- in bullish time
November 20, 2017, 07:24:50 AM
I have read some posts and some concerns that it is the volatility of Bitcoin that is preventing many people and many businesses to fully adopt Bitcoin. This can be the main factor why big online shopping stores are not yet adding Bitcoin into their payment facilities (though there is now a circulated petition for this but I doubt if it can make a dent).

Some are really saying that if volatility can be managed then we can see Bitcoin going mainstream. I am wondering then: Is volatility something that we should find a way to control and how do you think it can be done?
I don't think so. Bitcoin's volatility has been there from the very beginning. Another thing is bitcoin is decentralized so the change will surely occur and it will never be constant. Bitcoin's volatility is also one of the main reason why many investors are here. We may be a factor that may affect the volatility of bitcoin but controlling it is not a thing we can do. We should just keep on supporting bitcoin so the value will continue to rise.
Yes, that’s true for sure. I don’t see any reason why volatility is the problem why Bitcoin is not being accepted. The real fact is that people just don’t want to accept Bitcoin, nobody is interested, not when you have a job that earns you more than whatever it is you will be getting from Bitcoin.

Some people are busy to concentrate on Bitcoin– example– you can’t tell a doctor to leave his work and focus on assets, same thing as police officer and other busy careers.
I believed that the volatility is just an excuse for some people to avoid bitcoin because they always telling me that they don't want to get involved with bitcoin because they know that it is risky to invest in bitcoin because of the volatility and that is why they are just being close minded for this wonderful opportunity but i hope that in the future, this kind of excuse will be remove by explaining the good thins about bitcoin.
legendary
Activity: 2100
Merit: 1058
November 20, 2017, 06:04:52 AM

Activity: 854
Merit: 108
November 19, 2017, 01:35:26 AM

Bitcoin volatility cant be control, it just like a storm in which it cant be control. Bitcoin is like stock exchanges in which will depend on investors, the more investors the prices will going up. For bitcoin this is the law of supply and demand in which the more will buy bitcoin the price will going up and the opposite result if bitcoin is less demand.
Activity: 36
November 19, 2017, 01:00:33 AM
When a participant becomes a lot, the volatility would become stable. It would take 20 years per at least 10 years to become so.
Activity: 383
🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀
November 19, 2017, 12:56:58 AM

We all know that bitcoin's volatility is still uncontrollable since there is no organization or groups who totally owns it. There are a lot of things happening in the market everyday so we should not totally depend on what we think the value is right now because that can rise or fall anytime. We can push the pumps by simply mining more bitcoin and by supporting all the things in it.
Activity: 728
Merit: 254
November 19, 2017, 12:49:20 AM

legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1024
November 18, 2017, 11:06:08 PM

Well I don't think so because bitcoin's volatility is here ever since and it is one of the major reasons why many people became attracted with bitcoin. Also we should remember that bitcoin is decentralized so its value is not really constant. There are a lot of things occuring in the market everyday and we should be informed and aware with that so that we won't miss a thing and we would have an idea about the pumps and dumps.
It is even one of the reasons traders from the forex market has decided to start having a taste of the crypto market. For now, we will still keep seeing high level of volatility and there is no doubt as there is still so much uncertainty surrounding bitcoin but this would change in the long run and by then the high up and down spikes would reduce.

Bitcoin remains decentralized and no one except we the users have the power to the value, so controlling the volatility is just something that would never happen except for little manipulation from whales since they have a lot to invest, but that would be at trading level.
Activity: 371
November 18, 2017, 07:19:37 PM
It's volatility cannot be controlled, as the crypto idea itself lies in the fact that no side control of operations with virtual currency is possible. Yes, it can be predicted - here you should have been constantly watching all the events that happen on crypto market.
Bitcoin known as the top and popular cryptocurrency and people invest in bitcoin to earn profit and make their future, if people invest in bitcoin then the importance will must increases and if not then of course importance will decreases simply it means that bitcoin is dependent only on the people work so volatility can be controlled.
Activity: 328
November 18, 2017, 07:18:51 PM
Certainly I can be sure that bitcoin price fluctuations are controlled by a person or group, of course they are the majority owners of bitcoin and most of them are exchanges. I'm sure there is a special way from them to get profit from bitcoin price fluctuations.
For some kind of reasons I would say yes, but eventually they cannot recklessly do it so, it because it is noticeable for some other traders and may lead to lose interest by some traders too, that is why they are also carefully choosing their actions. In terms of volatily i think its yes, while maybe few or some are taking advantage of the proce fluctuations.
I would call that manipulations at the moment and that is because the market is still a little bit volatile as a result of panic from FUD. Over time, scenarios like this will change when mass adoption is huge and people feel more comfortable to use bitcoin.

At that stage any whale that wants to control movement hugely based on what they are holding, may be doing that at their own detriment because people would be so eager to pick up the price. Moreover, it is normal to always see whales involved in every market, but what makes bitcoin different is the decentralization and once the market cap is huge, that would be hard.
Yes of course this is possible to control the volatility of bitcoin, bitcoin is the digital cryptocurrency and people worldwide invest in bitcoin that’s why bitcoin importance and price increases just its opposite if people stop investing in bitcoin then the volatility will be controlled that’s why this is simply possible in this world.
Activity: 336
November 18, 2017, 08:26:04 AM
It's volatility cannot be controlled, as the crypto idea itself lies in the fact that no side control of operations with virtual currency is possible. Yes, it can be predicted - here you should have been constantly watching all the events that happen on crypto market.
Activity: 34
November 18, 2017, 03:13:44 AM
Yes, like others thing , bitcoin's price is under controlled of 1% people of the world. Who reall have power and control everything in this world.
Activity: 3122
Merit: 672
www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games
November 18, 2017, 03:06:48 AM
Certainly I can be sure that bitcoin price fluctuations are controlled by a person or group, of course they are the majority owners of bitcoin and most of them are exchanges. I'm sure there is a special way from them to get profit from bitcoin price fluctuations.
For some kind of reasons I would say yes, but eventually they cannot recklessly do it so, it because it is noticeable for some other traders and may lead to lose interest by some traders too, that is why they are also carefully choosing their actions. In terms of volatily i think its yes, while maybe few or some are taking advantage of the proce fluctuations.
I would call that manipulations at the moment and that is because the market is still a little bit volatile as a result of panic from FUD. Over time, scenarios like this will change when mass adoption is huge and people feel more comfortable to use bitcoin.

At that stage any whale that wants to control movement hugely based on what they are holding, may be doing that at their own detriment because people would be so eager to pick up the price. Moreover, it is normal to always see whales involved in every market, but what makes bitcoin different is the decentralization and once the market cap is huge, that would be hard.
Activity: 602
Merit: 129
November 16, 2017, 06:11:01 AM

Yes you can if you can also controls people lol. It is quite impossible even for some dictatorship country because you will have to control all the users in bitcoin to do that so it is impossible. Users are the one that makes bitcoin so much expensive for now leaving all that to investors might be impossible but profitable though if users are added youll get a tremendous amount of money.
Activity: 1974
Merit: 453
November 16, 2017, 06:05:28 AM
Honestly, it is impossible to control the volatility of bitcoin. The reason being, early adopters still hold a lot of bitcoin resulting in maximum number of people transacting in the remainder amount of the bitcoin holdings. If for some reason, any of the early investors, decide to bail out , there will be huge crash in the prices of bitcoin. Hence, truly it will be impossible to control the volatility of bitcoin. However, in reality, there is minimal chance of any large holder to ever dump bitcoins in such a manner as bitcoin will always be a huge cash cow for them. Smiley
Activity: 124
November 16, 2017, 05:44:31 AM
No.Bitcoin volatility cannot be controlled.As long as it has investors here and there.There will always its ups and downs.Maybe in the near future it can be but its like stocks also that we cannot predict if its higher or lower.
it can be lowered. Regulations will make cryptocurrencies used everywhere in the world and that will make the price more stable.
Pages:
Jump to: