Pages:
Author

Topic: Can Crypto be more valuable than gold? - page 12. (Read 5086 times)

Activity: 1372
Merit: 275
April 23, 2021, 07:28:09 AM
Gold and Crypto are different investment instruments. in terms of investment category. Both are currently equally valuable and are being invested by many. investment category in cryptocurrency is quite high whereas gold is not a high risk. of form also differ between physical and non-physical. but in terms of trust, gold is more trusted because it has been around for a long time and cryptocurrency is a new investment for now
Activity: 333
Merit: 105
www.cd3d.app
April 23, 2021, 07:25:21 AM
At present, the growth of crypto market is much higher than that of gold. If this kind of growth continues, people will start buying crypto by selling gold. But crypto is more volatile and uncertain. Today the value of Bitcoin is $55k, after a week it may decrease to $30k. Gold's security is much higher than that.
Activity: 757
Merit: 101
April 23, 2021, 04:50:25 AM
There is no denying that today BTC is more valuable than gold, but gold has a higher level of security than BTC, because gold is real, and its price moves steadily and normally, whereas bitcoin is a digital currency that is not real.  Which has a very high risk, but bitcoin can also provide large returns in a short time,
Activity: 1260
Merit: 100
April 22, 2021, 10:41:47 PM
I don't know how you compare them, but right now the capitalization of gold is much larger than that of Bitcoin.
If you invest the same amount at a specific time, you can make relative conclusions about the value of the crypto you have listed with more valuable gold. I believe in gold stability over crypto because I have seen the loss in a downtrend from 2018 to 2020.
I would choose both gold and crypto to hold instead of 1 of 2.

I think we should compare Gold market capitalization and the marketcap of all cryptocurrency, not only bitcoin.
If crypto market capitalization is larger than gold marketcap, then crypto is really more valuable than gold.
The most different between crypto and gold is the volatility, gold = stable enough, crypto = volatile.
Activity: 571
Merit: 11
April 22, 2021, 05:09:55 PM
I think there is a serious possibility that this will happen, if you consider that today's young people are videogame players in large numbers, they know how to use a smartphone from an early age and these skills will lead them in investments and will find the use of cryptocurrencies much more comfortable and immediate compared to gold.
Activity: 2072
Merit: 529
Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting
April 22, 2021, 04:49:41 PM
Gold to me seems to be comleting its life cycle, there was a time when Cowries use to be valuable it is no more, though Gold will retain its value due to the demand for Jewelries and taste from high class people in the society but it will no longer be seen as the Store of Value that it is now. Crypto has come to take the front seat
Activity: 536
Merit: 15
April 22, 2021, 04:18:35 PM
I think Cryptocurrency (especially Bitcoin) will be more valuable than gold. And the reason for this is because bitcoin is limited in supply (unlike gold that is being mined and discovered regularly). There is only a limited number of bitcoin that could ever be created, which follows the simple law of demand and supply, "when supply is limited demand would surely increase".
Activity: 1204
Merit: 250
April 22, 2021, 03:16:09 PM
bitcoin will be more valuable than gold for sure. More people are putting their money in this digital asset instead of gold because it is lighter, convenient and faster. You can transfer bitcoin around the world without any boundary. It might take a long time for bitcoin to succesfully surpass gold but it is worth to wait
Now in general Bitcoin has surpassed gold in terms of its price, but in terms of risk I don't think it can be surpassed because gold is still very safe to store when someone already has it, unlike Bitcoin if you store it in the wrong place, then you will experience loss. and that includes a very big risk.
Activity: 619
April 21, 2021, 03:21:21 PM
bitcoin will be more valuable than gold for sure. More people are putting their money in this digital asset instead of gold because it is lighter, convenient and faster. You can transfer bitcoin around the world without any boundary. It might take a long time for bitcoin to succesfully surpass gold but it is worth to wait
April 21, 2021, 03:15:24 PM
Cryptocurrencies are already more valuable than solid gold
The last time i checked, 1 BTC is worth more than 1 bar of 24k gold and this is only just 13 years since BTC was 1st created
The price will inevitably still go a lot higher and while gold will retain value better since its price is far less volatile, BTC will be a lot more valuable than it is today
Yes, in general the price of Gold is more suitable to be said to be stable because the changes are only very small in size and often stay at the same price for a very long duration, in contrast to Bitcoin which continues to experience price increases in seconds, so basically the more valuable ones remain in both although one is more expensive and one is cheaper.
Activity: 854
Merit: 21
April 20, 2021, 06:29:50 PM
Cryptocurrencies are already more valuable than solid gold
The last time i checked, 1 BTC is worth more than 1 bar of 24k gold and this is only just 13 years since BTC was 1st created
The price will inevitably still go a lot higher and while gold will retain value better since its price is far less volatile, BTC will be a lot more valuable than it is today
April 20, 2021, 03:51:34 PM
Government isn't just "bad". It depends on the government of course, but having something that rivals with the offerings from the government and the financial industry is important for the global and social equilibrium.
Why do you think that is important? because at this time there are still many governments in different countries that do not like offers that deviate from state regulations, so they also do not want to compete even though this can have an effect on global and social balance.
Activity: 713
Merit: 252
April 20, 2021, 05:19:19 AM
Of course, just look at the bitcoin price mate, bitcoin ATH price is above $60k which is high.
Now cryptocurrency bull run is happening, crypto is getting more precious and i would say it is more valuable than gold.
Although there are countless useless coins in cryptocurrency, the top coins on the market are really valuable.

It may also be a question of preference. Perhaps some people value it more to have a bunch of ounces of gold in their based instead of having to deal with digital technology.

Very subjective, but younger people will almost certainly prefer Bitcoin over gold.

If you are an old guy and you have to deal with private keys and stuff, maybe you just don't want the hassle.
Activity: 1638
Merit: 251
Hexhash.xyz
April 19, 2021, 08:28:58 AM
Of course, just look at the bitcoin price mate, bitcoin ATH price is above $60k which is high.
Now cryptocurrency bull run is happening, crypto is getting more precious and i would say it is more valuable than gold.
Although there are countless useless coins in cryptocurrency, the top coins on the market are really valuable.
Activity: 713
Merit: 252
April 18, 2021, 02:42:58 PM
Cypto will be worth more than gold for certain at some point in time in the future. Are you talking of a specific coin or the whole market cap for all cryptos? I think even Bitcoin can go beyond gold's market cap.
Bitcoin is more valuable than gold, this is because bitcoin can't be controlled by the government and is different from gold. Decentralization is a price that can be labeled much better than gold. When bitcoin can provide financial management freedom for its users, that is where bitcoin is more valuable than gold in my opinion. In terms of value, one unit of bitcoin today is probably the equivalent of 1 kg of gold. But decentralization is the real price that users want.

Government isn't just "bad". It depends on the government of course, but having something that rivals with the offerings from the government and the financial industry is important for the global and social equilibrium.
Activity: 1246
Merit: 263
SmartFi - EARN, LEND & TRADE
April 18, 2021, 01:17:13 PM
I don't know how you compare them, but right now the capitalization of gold is much larger than that of Bitcoin.
If you invest the same amount at a specific time, you can make relative conclusions about the value of the crypto you have listed with more valuable gold. I believe in gold stability over crypto because I have seen the loss in a downtrend from 2018 to 2020.
I would choose both gold and crypto to hold instead of 1 of 2.
April 18, 2021, 12:33:09 PM
Well it depends how long you plan to hold it. With crypto going to grow in next 5-10years it's better to hold BTC since for sure it will rise in value over bigger period of time.
That is clear, but there are also other tokens that are better to hold in the long run than BTC, because the benefits will also be almost the same as for us holding BTC, for example like holding 10 units of ETH from 2018 to the present, obviously the benefits are fantastic I think.
Activity: 183
Merit: 10
https://vulcanforged.com/
April 15, 2021, 06:55:41 PM
Cypto will be worth more than gold for certain at some point in time in the future. Are you talking of a specific coin or the whole market cap for all cryptos? I think even Bitcoin can go beyond gold's market cap.
Bitcoin is more valuable than gold, this is because bitcoin can't be controlled by the government and is different from gold. Decentralization is a price that can be labeled much better than gold. When bitcoin can provide financial management freedom for its users, that is where bitcoin is more valuable than gold in my opinion. In terms of value, one unit of bitcoin today is probably the equivalent of 1 kg of gold. But decentralization is the real price that users want.

Bitcoin already passed the value of Gold. Though both asset are a good investment. But I must say, Bitcoin is now more valuable than Gold because of the surge in price this year from last year. Bitcoin increases very fast that is why people are more into Bitcoin than Gold. You know, many people are impatient that they want a quick profit.
Activity: 1904
Merit: 138
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
April 15, 2021, 06:22:04 PM
For me, cryptocurrency and gold are very different products that cannot compete with each other. After all, gold is such a metal that you can touch and admire. And cryptocurrency is a digital asset that can drop to zero at any moment and doesn't even cost a cent. So, these are two products that are very different and do not compare with each other.

And if I may add, without gold, miners can't mine bitcoin. Because look at all the hardwares and equipment used for mining, one of the vital components is gold. So there is really no reason to compare these two. Maybe if you are talking about the market value, but when you talk about its vital uses. A lot of electronic gadgets are relying on gold. They are 2 different things with different reasons why they exist.
Activity: 1876
Merit: 5
April 15, 2021, 06:16:45 PM
For me, cryptocurrency and gold are very different products that cannot compete with each other. After all, gold is such a metal that you can touch and admire. And cryptocurrency is a digital asset that can drop to zero at any moment and doesn't even cost a cent. So, these are two products that are very different and do not compare with each other.
Pages:
Jump to: