Pages:
Author

Topic: Can Crypto be more valuable than gold? - page 27. (Read 5086 times)

Activity: 37
Merit: 0
September 10, 2020, 02:02:00 AM
Yes this is possible because the price of cryptocurrency is increasing exponentially but the price of gold is increasing slowly and sometimes it starts decreasing and the most important things is cryptocurrency can stored digitally but in gold you have to keep it physically which is dangerous sometimes
Activity: 462
Merit: 250
Only the best is The be best...
September 10, 2020, 01:06:13 AM
I don't think so , gold is as old as humanity and people are using it thousands of years, it is the best electrical conductive and many other features which cryptocurrency could never have, because it doesn't, have a physical existence, and of course, you can buy almost everything with gold but not many people know crypto.
Activity: 2268
Merit: 263
September 10, 2020, 01:04:40 AM
At the present time now, when we talk about the price of bitcoin it is obviously higher than Gold. That's because of the volatility and whale investors who decided to support Bitcoin worldwide. But I cannot say that Gold is not valuable of course it remains valuable because a country without a gold backup is a poor country in my opinion only.
If you want to compare Gold with Bitcoin, then don't look at one side only like the price per unit, because before Bitcoin, Gold was already valuable in terms of world value, and everyone would know that precious metals like Gold are very good things. value and always experience a steady increase in price every year even though the duration of the increase always lasts for a long time, and even if there is a price decline, it only occurs in a small number, in contrast to Bitcoin which usually decreases in large numbers even though it is very reasonable because when Bitcoin has increased in price it is also a large number.
Activity: 518
Merit: 11
September 10, 2020, 12:29:04 AM
I have thought that one key advantage crypto (bitcoin, litecoin, Dash, monero etc.) has over gold is that its supply level is fixed and transparent, but can this or features make crypto more valuable than gold?

At the present time now, when we talk about the price of bitcoin it is obviously higher than Gold. That's because of the volatility and whale investors who decided to support Bitcoin worldwide. But I cannot say that Gold is not valuable of course it remains valuable because a country without a gold backup is a poor country in my opinion only.
Activity: 337
Merit: 250
September 09, 2020, 10:55:48 PM
I think in the future, bitcoin may be more valuable than gold. because as technology develops, people will switch to new technology, including in terms of payments and investments. and at that time, the most valuable asset in the hand was crypto. because apart from being a means of payment, also as an investment and trading. besides, many new projects will emerge to support the development of technology and that will make the value of crypto itself rise.
popularity just might. but in terms of durability and usage, I don't think so. gold is still becoming more valuable and important to the world economy. gold is stronger to date, and we can't compare something that has a different market.
Market volatility may cause gold to lose value one day and investors will tend to trust Bitcoin more.

Until now, investors have had very different mindsets and generally speaking, gold and bitcoin will always coexist in this world. I cannot compare as both are very good assets to hold but I'm sure Bitcoin will rule one day.
Activity: 346
Merit: 100
September 09, 2020, 10:33:33 PM
They are two different thing but yet the most valuable to the human right now. Gold has being found many years back then and being used for many kind of reason in daily life till today.. Cryptos has being found for 10+ years now and has being increased it values because of the peoples nowadays has being using the internet a lot and using cryptos a lot for buying and selling stuff in the internet. Two different thing but very in need for daily life.
Activity: 1274
Merit: 500
September 09, 2020, 10:20:51 PM
I think in the future, bitcoin may be more valuable than gold. because as technology develops, people will switch to new technology, including in terms of payments and investments. and at that time, the most valuable asset in the hand was crypto. because apart from being a means of payment, also as an investment and trading. besides, many new projects will emerge to support the development of technology and that will make the value of crypto itself rise.
This is what I have been waiting for because Bitcoin is actually becoming the investment trend that many investors expect and can be easily managed without anyone controlling.

Gold may still be a safe asset for everyone, but certainly only obsolete investors will love this option. I put my faith in Bitcoin because this coin will definitely change the world one day and will be an asset for everyone to consider.
Activity: 113
Merit: 1
September 08, 2020, 03:01:24 PM
I think it more of adoption. If people turn to understand and use crypto in their daily lives, crypto will become more valuable. What we are lacking now is merchants accepting crypto. We have a few buts we need the majority. I believe things will be better with payment platforms like NOWPayments working hard to help merchants in processing crypto payments. 
Activity: 1456
Merit: 148
September 08, 2020, 02:42:00 PM
I have thought that one key advantage crypto (bitcoin, litecoin, Dash, monero etc.) has over gold is that its supply level is fixed and transparent, but can this or features make crypto more valuable than gold?
Definitely, these features will bring the future of cryptocurrencies into the limelight of the masses.  Gold is good but can't be compare to cryptocurrency with fixed supply, the decentralization of the cryptocurrency industry will made this industry superior to  gold IMO. Cryptocurrencies will be the future of currency and transactions because of it transparency compare to our modern days financial system.
Activity: 854
Merit: 264
Crypto is not a religion but i like it
September 08, 2020, 11:29:03 AM
Can't and won't - just because you're comparing two completely different things.
Gold is not just a tool for investment. This is also
1) technical material
2) decoration
3) minting of commemorative coins
and other applications for billions of people.
What about cryptocurrency? That's it. Much smaller user base.
The final value of a thing consists not only of its price but also of its general demand. So I don't think that one day cryptocurrencies will become more valuable than gold, I'm sorry
You are right, what is far different is the much smaller user base for cryptocurrency compared to gold. we can already see some crypto also collaborating with gold or gold mining. some even claim they are digital gold. but do we see such crypto survive well in the crypto market and have stable development so far?

I really like the idea of working with gold companies. This is a good development of such things as metal Bank deposits and I see good potential here.
The main thing that such tokens shoudnt to turn into garbage due to some greedy/stupid decisions of owners and then they will have a very good future.
Activity: 33
September 07, 2020, 11:10:35 AM
Crypto is a new world that would gap so many bridges among human race. Saying Crypto can't be valuable than gold is like saying post office letter can be valuable than email. At some in time revolution of money would began or let me say has already began and Crypto would be the king of all. Congrats to those who has already adopted Crypto. By the way you all can check out titan Project on coingecko or COINMARKETcap. Lovely project, lovely team, solid use case.
legendary
Activity: 2464
Merit: 2094
September 07, 2020, 08:04:31 AM
This question will only lead to speculation about these two valuable asset. I love bitcoin as well as gold as an investment asset but both have their own advantages and disadvantages and should be accepted by everyone. Gold has been around for centuries and is used by world commodities, while bitcoin exist as a transparent decentralized currency. As a payment system, bitcoin is superior to gold because of the ease of transaction but bitcoin is only a decade old. These two assets will continue to be compared, to determine which one is the best in my opinion depending on how we accept the risk.
Activity: 1638
Merit: 262
September 07, 2020, 07:43:27 AM
copper member
Activity: 1414
Merit: 253
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!
September 07, 2020, 07:23:54 AM
Can't and won't - just because you're comparing two completely different things.
1) technical material
2) decoration
The final value of a thing consists not only of its price but also of its general demand. So I don't think that one day cryptocurrencies will become more valuable than gold, I'm sorry
You are right, what is far different is the much smaller user base for cryptocurrency compared to gold. we can already see some crypto also collaborating with gold or gold mining. some even claim they are digital gold. but do we see such crypto survive well in the crypto market and have stable development so far?
Activity: 84
Merit: 1
September 07, 2020, 06:27:22 AM
Both are alternative assets, but gold has traditionally been used as a more secure mean of investment and transactions.
Now a days,Bitcoin continues to gain value, should prove easier to accept as a legitimate form of currency. No doubt Bitcoin is a digital gold.
Activity: 2884
Merit: 629
September 07, 2020, 06:23:03 AM
Gold is the most precious Material ever found by humans.

Bitcoin is the Most precious Virtual currency ever created by Humans.
Its just shows that they are both valuable on their own.

They are two different thing, one has physical feature while the other one is existing on digital world.

We cant say if crypto can really surpass gold, only time can tell and it depends on crypto adoption of each country because its the key to recognize it worldwide.
Activity: 2478
Merit: 210
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!
September 07, 2020, 06:17:31 AM
This argument has been here for years and Yet no concrete answer has been settled,because Both has different Function and flavor.

Gold is the most precious Material ever found by humans.

Bitcoin is the Most precious Virtual currency ever created by Humans.

Looking to that they are not comparable and stop this nonsense .
Activity: 1
September 07, 2020, 06:06:27 AM
1) technical material
2) decoration
Crypto has a lot of use cases to. Do you know about hundreds of dapps?
Activity: 92
September 07, 2020, 05:42:35 AM
Yes because Crypto as limited supply than Gold, Gold is Old Money but Crypto like BTC, ETH, LTC  are new Digital Gold
Activity: 854
Merit: 264
Crypto is not a religion but i like it
September 07, 2020, 02:24:08 AM
1) technical material
2) decoration
Pages:
Jump to: