Pages:
Author

Topic: Can Crypto be more valuable than gold? - page 31. (Read 5086 times)

Activity: 2814
Merit: 576
August 28, 2020, 09:28:50 AM
For now, it's not because of the extreme fluctuation of each altcoins. Gold is getting more expensive every year even though the price increases only slightly but it is very safe for long-term investment. So this temporary cryptocurrency is only for looking for additional income but on the condition that the risk is borne by the personal.

Gold is always a long term investment which we need to buy them whenever there is a price drop in the market. Crypto are becoming more matured if we compare with the previous years, we have seen most of the governments not showing much interest towards this block chain and cryptocurrency. Now governments are showing lots of interest towards this block chain technology and it will help the potential coin to increase its demand easily.

Crypto for now is not that high in demand compared to gold but since we are heading into a cashless society, then we can expect that crypto will now be more popular and later on become valuable too. And knowing the fact that gold serves only as an investment but when it comes to crypto, it's more of a currency rather than an asset or investment so it has more advantages compared to gold.
Activity: 1540
Merit: 255
August 28, 2020, 09:21:22 AM
For now, it's not because of the extreme fluctuation of each altcoins. Gold is getting more expensive every year even though the price increases only slightly but it is very safe for long-term investment. So this temporary cryptocurrency is only for looking for additional income but on the condition that the risk is borne by the personal.

Gold is always a long term investment which we need to buy them whenever there is a price drop in the market. Crypto are becoming more matured if we compare with the previous years, we have seen most of the governments not showing much interest towards this block chain and cryptocurrency. Now governments are showing lots of interest towards this block chain technology and it will help the potential coin to increase its demand easily.
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1151
Nil Satis Nisi Optimum
August 28, 2020, 08:59:20 AM
I have thought that one key advantage crypto (bitcoin, litecoin, Dash, monero etc.) has over gold is that its supply level is fixed and transparent, but can this or features make crypto more valuable than gold?
This is not clear to me what do you mean by more valuable. If it considered as marketcap then we can mention the crypto as more valuable than gold. Both has demand on their on field. If we considered crypto as legalized then the demand and price will be more than now. So it can be said that it has a good potential.

it can be, but it is not at the moment, but there is also one point that one should bear in mind
gold is a store-of-value, and some crypto is also trying to play the store-of-money role, most notably BTC, so it make sense to compare market capitalization of BTC and gold, or all store-of-value crypto currencies and BTC, but does not make sense to compare crypto market capitalization with gold, since some crypto currencies are utility tokens, or have other purpose than store-of-value
Activity: 728
Merit: 63
$CYBERCASH METAVERSE
August 28, 2020, 08:49:07 AM
I have thought that one key advantage crypto (bitcoin, litecoin, Dash, monero etc.) has over gold is that its supply level is fixed and transparent, but can this or features make crypto more valuable than gold?
This is not clear to me what do you mean by more valuable. If it considered as marketcap then we can mention the crypto as more valuable than gold. Both has demand on their on field. If we considered crypto as legalized then the demand and price will be more than now. So it can be said that it has a good potential.
Activity: 2268
Merit: 263
August 28, 2020, 07:46:25 AM
Yes, Crypto can be more valuable than gold, but since it is very volatile it tends to fluctuate in terms of value, unlike gold which has a stable price.
I think it depends on each individual in terms of assessment, because I personally value gold more than cryptocurrency, so that all the results I get in crypto I immediately turn gold into real form.
Activity: 1701
Merit: 308
August 28, 2020, 07:04:43 AM
For now it is that the popularity of crypto is already worldwide but when compared to gold is still lost, because the user's gold is already so rapid among the public and its value always increases to the highest number and although it drops only a few percent, it is possible to forward the value of crypto will also be like that if the popularity increases.
Activity: 37
Merit: 0
August 28, 2020, 05:44:49 AM
Yes, Crypto can be more valuable than gold, but since it is very volatile it tends to fluctuate in terms of value, unlike gold which has a stable price.
copper member
Activity: 238
Merit: 1
August 28, 2020, 05:22:29 AM
It depends on what we consider valuable. In my opinion, cryptocurrency is a wide range of coin, but gold is specific. The only cryptocurrency that can be compared to gold in terms of value per unit is bitcoin. Gold has value by its nature and even a market is not readily available it Could be melted into several articles. Bitcoin is a digital cash and can't be seen and not as recognised as Gold in stock exchange.
Activity: 1666
Merit: 502
August 28, 2020, 04:52:12 AM
I think the one key advantage of cryptocurrency is the technology, gold is a traditional asset while cryptocurrency is a modern currency. So I think that's why technology is the advantage of cryptocurrency, not supply. For me, the value is measured from its usefulness, from here I prefer cryptocurrency where blockchain can still be developed and in terms of usability cryptocurrency can be suitable for use in various matters relating to digital systems. Gold in the concept of government has a very high value compared to crypto, and some people think that is true, so the value can differ depending on how people measure it.
Activity: 210
Merit: 12
August 28, 2020, 04:25:08 AM
Bitcoin is a digital copy of gold, that's the best explanation right now and yes Bitcoin have proven to be bit better during this pandemic period, everything was affected like stocks and others but crypto was the strongest that withstand the storm, it's damn possible that Bitcoin can surpass gold
Activity: 476
Merit: 250
August 28, 2020, 04:18:48 AM
Crypto can surely overtake but It will take a lot of years to do so because currently, gold's cap is sitting at trillions of dollar whereas the market cap of the whole crypto space is at just $355B(at the time of writing).
Activity: 281
Merit: 10
Futurov
August 28, 2020, 03:06:48 AM
I have no doubt that after some time and in the nearest future the value of the gold will be depreciate and the cryptocurrencies will surpass the value of the gold knowing that many people now are getting involve in the cryptoworld.
Activity: 1344
Merit: 250
August 28, 2020, 12:35:22 AM
cryptocurrency more precious than gold for industrial crypto has grown and really make the newcomers in the industry crypto amazed and they did a good investment and begin to understand and correct asset bitcoin has beaten gold in terms of price and investment because in this digital age has changed the thinking of many people's investment and trade in cryptocurrency.
Activity: 966
Merit: 102
August 27, 2020, 11:49:22 PM
What do you think about value? I think cryptocurrencies are risky than gold because their price volatility is too large and difficult to control. And gold is more stable and chart changes over a long period. But in terms of the rate of increase in value, crypto is much faster than gold in case the price of the crypto you buy can go up 2-10 times or even more in a short time. The most important thing to talk about value is the nature of the crypto, the best possible increase in value, and the price you buy.
Activity: 602
Merit: 253
August 27, 2020, 11:33:55 PM
Our opinions regarding this thing cannot hold anything to, I guess. The answer's maybe yes or not since no one really knows the future of gold or even crypto. But if you ask someone out on the street, most of them might choose gold over some crypto, why? Because not everyone pretty knowledgeable about crypto world, meanwhile gold has been here since long ago and people atleast know that gold's a  valuable thing. Gold has been backed up by goverments and a solid regulation and all, so, it might be yes or the other way around.
Activity: 440
Merit: 100
Roobet
August 27, 2020, 11:00:14 PM

May say the supply of gold is infinite because recently scientists have found that there is so many gold in other planet but we can't compared gold with crypto at this time because the Gold market was born and accepted by the masses for a long time . Until the cryptocurrency market can catch up the Gold market about capitalization, we just know what its true value is
Activity: 815
Merit: 101
August 27, 2020, 09:24:06 PM
crypto is all transparent in terms of supply, we can even monitor and analyze crypto. for the price of crypto is higher than gold. but the advantage of gold is that it decreases slightly and increases slightly so that gold can be used as a safe asset
Activity: 674
August 27, 2020, 09:21:28 PM
I think that in the near future after sometime crypto can overvalue gold especially once that the government started acknowledging cryptocurrencies. Another reason is that we all know that time to time the value of the crypto especially those top rank altcoin has a higher potential to grow and go to the moon which makes me confident enough to say that crypto can be more valuable to gold.
Activity: 2814
Merit: 911
Have Fun )@@( Stay Safe
August 27, 2020, 07:58:27 PM
A fixed supply alone will not determine the worth of anything until the market can generate the interest. The key advantage is transparency when it comes to BTCitcoin and Litecoin even though it was started as a fun alternative but Dash and Monero does not have the transparency aspect and it will be valuable as long as the privacy aspect is kept and the market is able to list these privacy coins in the exchanges.
Activity: 533
August 27, 2020, 01:56:21 PM
I think that is almost impossible. Gold's role as first and foremost a currency has not changed since ancient times, i deeply believe Gold will continue to play that role in the future, nothing can replace it, even BTC cant. Crypto just some number, cant see or touch.
Pages:
Jump to: