Pages:
Author

Topic: Can Crypto be more valuable than gold? - page 32. (Read 5086 times)

copper member
Activity: 2968
Merit: 574
www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games
August 27, 2020, 01:49:33 PM
Does it have to  be valuable? Why are people so obsessed with the price? They only think crypto currencies are here for helping people make profits through quick investment.
I mean, lets just focus on the main goal of crypto currencies? Bitcoin was invented to be used as a form of currency, not as a form of investment to make quick profits!
Trust me, if crypto currencies go mainstream and are used as regular currencies, the price will be much more valuable than gold.
Focus on developing and spreading facts about it instead of comparing it with golds and other things.
Activity: 868
Merit: 251
HEX: Longer pays better
August 27, 2020, 12:57:55 PM
I have thought that one key advantage crypto (bitcoin, litecoin, Dash, monero etc.) has over gold is that its supply level is fixed and transparent, but can this or features make crypto more valuable than gold?
In my opinion, it cannot be compared. Gold has physical value and is used in our human lives. for bitcoin, it's just an old coin with increasingly outdated technology and little supply. There have been many economists saying that Bitcoin is just something for whales to manipulate the market, and I completely agree with this view. This is just an extremely risky financial playing field, and bitcoin cannot be compared to Gold.
Activity: 1540
Merit: 500
August 27, 2020, 12:50:30 PM
some of crypto is already worth more than gold but as far as market cap is concerned its still lagging behind. Given the reality that its much younger than gold I think it has done a marvelous job but to say whether it'll be worth more than gold is difficult since you're comparing something tangible to digital asset. It'll be interesting to see what future brings as world goes more digital.
Activity: 1302
Merit: 250
Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting
August 27, 2020, 12:37:22 PM
I think crypto can surpass gold because cryto can generate huge profits than storing gold, gradually everyone will get to know crypto, It could be that in modern times there will be many people who use crypto for daily transaction use
Activity: 1162
Merit: 253
August 27, 2020, 12:30:52 PM
In my opinion crypto would be more valuable than gold at the moment because crypto has very high potential in its growth so basically gold prices wouldn't grow as the prices grow in the crypto market.
of course cryptocurrency will be one of the best digital currencies and could be the best alternative to replace paper currency in the future and have a very good growth, but unfortunately no one can guarantee that cryptocurrency will be one of the best substitutes because of the risk of This digital currency is very high and difficult to legally use for all countries.
legendary
Activity: 2982
Merit: 1028
August 27, 2020, 12:03:34 PM
If we compare prices for now Bitcoin is much more valuable than gold, but gold that has existed since ancient times and with a value that is always stable, is different from cryptocurrencies that are not always stable, I think crypto is currently more valuable than gold because of its value.
Price does not mean value and comparing gold with bitcoin is stupid. Gold is the best tool to save your money in the fiat world, and bitcoin is the best among cryptocurrencies.

They've got different venues and if you are looking for much safer haven with your fiat gold still is the best place to hide your money. It's been existed for many many years and the trust from people around are far higher than bitcoin, but in terms of crypto world we can say that bitcoin is the one for people who loves taking the risk for gaining profits.
Activity: 243
Merit: 10
August 27, 2020, 11:54:16 AM
I have thought that one key advantage crypto (bitcoin, litecoin, Dash, monero etc.) has over gold is that its supply level is fixed and transparent, but can this or features make crypto more valuable than gold?

Crypto is valuable but I don't think that it would be more valuable than gold.  Remember it is only a technology and technology become obsolete in due time.  We can see where it can outshine gold but I believe that it won't out last the valuability of gold.  In short crypto can be more valuable than gold in certain point of history and diminish but gold will always remain valuable for eternity.
Agree, crypto is an intellectual property and it's only valid for a certain amount of time, the time it is still is so new and well worth it for everyone to invest in, the biggest advantage of crypto is a short-term spike while the advantage of gold is the eternity of time. It is very clear that over time, gold is still gradually reaching its peak, but crypto has changed in terms of personnel, go slowly and have stable values, but in general, if we want to make money quickly through investment, we should still invest in crypto, gold is just the future
Activity: 840
Merit: 100
Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron
August 27, 2020, 11:10:19 AM
If we compare prices for now Bitcoin is much more valuable than gold, but gold that has existed since ancient times and with a value that is always stable, is different from cryptocurrencies that are not always stable, I think crypto is currently more valuable than gold because of its value.
Price does not mean value and comparing gold with bitcoin is stupid. Gold is the best tool to save your money in the fiat world, and bitcoin is the best among cryptocurrencies.
Activity: 364
Merit: 130
August 27, 2020, 10:29:12 AM
gold will always be the best investment choice for now and forever, especially for the next few years, gold will experience an increase / Bullish Trend and cause the capitalization of the gold to increase compared to before.

Activity: 19
Merit: 0
August 27, 2020, 10:13:58 AM
Crypto is valuable but I don't think that it would be more valuable than gold.  Remember it is only a technology and technology become obsolete in due time.  We can see where it can outshine gold but I believe that it won't out last the valuability of gold.  In short crypto can be more valuable than gold in certain point of history and diminish but gold will always remain valuable for eternity.
I think he was referring to the capitalization of cryptocurrencies and gold.  Objectively, the capitalization of cryptocurrencies may well exceed the capitalization of gold, but this will definitely not happen in the next few years.
Activity: 1190
Merit: 259
August 27, 2020, 10:00:52 AM
Activity: 156
Merit: 11
August 27, 2020, 10:00:31 AM
I always think the future will be fair weather, crypto its only a matter of time crypto moreover already popular many people started studying, about crypto maybe if thrust with the eradication of false project will i am sure crypto sent and creating all people will believe crypto
Activity: 1041
Merit: 25
Trident Protocol | Simple «buy-hold-earn» system!
August 27, 2020, 09:20:15 AM

The value of something is depends on the supply and demand but we can't compare crypto into gold in terms of value. Bitcoin reached ATH at $20K but kilo gold is more than a million. Crypto is digital currency while gold is an stable asset from the nature. Gold can last for a long period of time even till the end of the world because it was already there since the beginning. Crypto is very young compared to it and it will not last for so long like gold because it's value always depends on demand and supply together with it's features and uses.
Activity: 1008
Merit: 12
SAPG Pre-Sale Live on Uniswap!
August 27, 2020, 09:05:47 AM
In next 2 years time i am extremely bullish about crypto market especially bitcoin and ethereum mainly but other good coins will grow massively as well. We have to accept the fact that crypto and digital assets are getting acceptance worldwide and this will lead us to adoption which will result in insane demand and value of top coins.
Activity: 378
Merit: 11
August 27, 2020, 08:35:00 AM
Cryptocurrency will be the usual currency in the future, but Gold will always be the main currency that makes the difference in tough times.
Just look at all the wars so far and the role that gold play in them.  
Activity: 2828
Merit: 357
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!
August 27, 2020, 08:34:47 AM
It's not going anywhere, It's not gonna plummet to 0 in a single day. it's here to stay since more and more companies are coming forward and doing ICOs instead of getting fundings from VCs. So one day maybe it will be stable and be even more valuable than diamonds.
That One day may take many years before coming to happen right?

Bitcoin is extensively getting higher and higher each day but Beating Gold is like being adopted the whole world and that would be more waiting just to happen.

Everything goes to this, because the cryptocurrency very quickly reached incredible heights and this is just the beginning, and when the whole world will recognize cryptocurrencies, then the prices of cryptocurrencies will begin to grow even faster and many cryptocurrencies will be more valuable and more expensive than gold.
Thats the main objective of Satoshi Nakamoto for Bitcoin to be used by every people all around the world but it comes to be hard and after 10 years of existence still not even half of the world is accepting this.
Activity: 449
Merit: 10
swordking
August 27, 2020, 08:33:14 AM
In my opinion crypto would be more valuable than gold at the moment because crypto has very high potential in its growth so basically gold prices wouldn't grow as the prices grow in the crypto market.
Activity: 1498
Merit: 146
August 27, 2020, 08:31:16 AM
I don't know why people compare crypto with Gold? Both are not similar in terms of anything other than expensive and popularity!

Bitcoin is already expensive than gold if you compare the units in grams or in oz!!!
Activity: 534
Merit: 295
August 27, 2020, 08:27:12 AM

Cryptocurrencies have become a more valuable store of wealth in the long term compared to gold, and Bitcoin in particular has become the most valuable investment compared to gold. And that is despite the fact that gold has jumped past its record highs.
Even real gold became a digital currency through an alliance between many large and well-known companies in the field of digital currencies, where the DGLD digital currency was created to be a representative of real gold that was stored, and the DGLD currency, or as it is called Digital Gold, was secured by the Bitcoin blockchain technology A sideChain network built on the Bitcoin network dedicated to the DGLD coin was created.
Activity: 197
Merit: 100
Web Designer/Developer here!
August 27, 2020, 08:17:19 AM
It's not going anywhere, It's not gonna plummet to 0 in a single day. it's here to stay since more and more companies are coming forward and doing ICOs instead of getting fundings from VCs. So one day maybe it will be stable and be even more valuable than diamonds.
Pages:
Jump to: