Pages:
Author

Topic: Can Cryptocurrency Stand Without Bitcoin? - page 29. (Read 2269 times)

Activity: 203
Merit: 0
Thus we must not forget that BTC is the first coin which accelerated the Crypto world. Moreover, BTC is still the most dominating coin to have effect over most of the altcoins. Also there is no altcoin which came over as BTC. If we try to abandon BTC then most of the altcoin will be hampered, thus leading Crypto market into real hazard, in my assumption.
Activity: 284
Merit: 112
I mean Why bitcoin? Why waste huge energy in mining. As everyone know bitcoin is useless in terms
of usability.
My question to bitcointalk users :

Is this possible that any altcoin become no 1 on coinmarketcap and bitcoin disappeare

I think this can be possible, what you think so comment below...

Of course it is possible, but the correct question is if it is likely. At the moment there is no sign of the probability of Bitcoin to disappear. Of course, if Bitcoin would diappear because the Internet disappears of for other major reasons, the altcoins would follow.
Activity: 114
in my opinion no . bitcoin is the only way can cryptocurrency can survive or alt-coins there is no alternative yet for bitcoin thats why cryptocurrency doesnot have another coin to beat bitcoin. but in near future any coin is more more utility than bitcoin  seems give tough competition to bitcoin . but for now is so hard for crypto currency that can stand without bitcoin.
Activity: 98
I believe that would be possible to dethroned bitcoin in the future but right now many whales have been fully invested on bitcoin right now that is why still the movement of price of bitcoin is high.
Activity: 1484
Merit: 101
It must be admitted that the effect of bitcoin is too strong, for now it is difficult for altcoins to flourish without bitcoin, and for now I make bitcoin a major investment compared to otthers.
Activity: 40
Yes, the cryptocurrency can still stand without bitcoin so long as we can still invest and trade. However, thinking that bitcoin will disappear and its rank will replace by an altcoin is really impossible. Altcoins are too far from Bitcoin. The statistics shows and the market tells that bitcoin is unbeatable by any altcoin that's why it is impossible to just disappear.
Activity: 30
From my point of view Bitcoin has many uses in people who have lots of money because they use it as a form of property  to hide their wealth in the form of bitcoins. Some people use it only for payments.
Activity: 364
Merit: 10
I think it can not happen because it all started from the existence of bitcoin and from the existence of blockchain, if bitcoin is not found it will not create cryptocurrency like this.
Activity: 1456
Merit: 267
Buy $BGL before it's too late!
Bitcoin is the first ever cryptocurrency and it is the eye opener for all other cryptocurrencies. As a matter of fact, several altcoins that we see today were funded with the help of bitcoin during their developmental stage. Was bitcoin not useful then? Bitcoin is the only cryptocurrency with the highest and expanded adoption. Bitcoin remains useful ever. 
How would cryptocurrency will be noticed  without bitcoin? I'm not sure where this OP got the idea, well with question regarding to possibility that bitcoin can be overtaken as number, might be possible incase new developing project will be able to meet the standards of investors and end users if they can utilize the needs of alternative payment transaction just what bitcoin trying to achieved so it can be adopted all over the world as payment system.
Activity: 1400
Merit: 259
Yeah right it is useless.

Will you see all this token and coins by now without bitcoin being created?
Who else will have a great mind to create something out of blockchain.
Will they even call it blockchain?

Try asking those questions to yourself first before making such a fuss which is all just FUD.
Bitcoin is bitcoin. You wont even be here without it.
Activity: 854
Merit: 281
I mean Why bitcoin? Why waste huge energy in mining. As everyone know bitcoin is useless in terms
of usability.

Is this possible that any altcoin become no 1 on coinmarketcap and bitcoin disappeare

There has been speculation for a very long time of altcoins surpassing bitcoin, and this has failed to materialize. Bitcoin has a very strong advantage as the first cryptocurrency with a globally-recognized brand, and an infrastructure that is continually being improved.
Activity: 448
Merit: 100
Bitcoin is the first ever cryptocurrency and it is the eye opener for all other cryptocurrencies. As a matter of fact, several altcoins that we see today were funded with the help of bitcoin during their developmental stage. Was bitcoin not useful then? Bitcoin is the only cryptocurrency with the highest and expanded adoption. Bitcoin remains useful ever. 
Activity: 2002
Merit: 516
of usability.

There is no way the other coin will surpass bitcoin, because bitcoin has a lot of advantages. First is that bitcoin lives longer gime than the other coin, and as time passes by bitcoin get more stronger. Moreover, bitcoin is the most popular coins as of this moment where more people are inclined into bitcoin. There is also anhuge potential in bitcoin.

At the moment it is still too early for the market to be able to operate without bitcoins. If bitcoin falls then all other currencies will follow. In a while, as the market develops and matures, the situation may take place that the importance of bitcoin will decrease. But the impact of bitcoin on the market can not be completely ruled out.
Activity: 496
Well, for my own opinion regarding this question, my answer is Yes. Why yes? Because other crypto currencies has their own way  of life here in the crypto currency community. I know that you all know also as well as aware that the start of the crypto currency community is the existence of the Bitcoin as it is the King of all any other crypto currency but the thing that crypto currency cannot live is not the Bitcoin but the users.
Activity: 154
Merit: 1
Yes, but later.
Now all other currencies are dependent on it. However, I'm sure that early or late this should change ... I do not think bitcoin will forever be at the head of all crypto currency
I would agree ut bitcoin just gave a start to other cryptocurrencies they can definitely stand alone without bitcoin.
Activity: 783
it is possible that cryptocurrency can stand alone without bitcoin because we know if bitcoin is just one of the benchmarks to determine the price of altcoin, it is possible that altcoin can stand alone and be unaffected from any coin including bitcoin.
Activity: 36
of course the crypto currency gonna live long even without bitcoin
Activity: 476
why people prefer bitcoin?
of course I think bitcoin many uses that someone can deviate their money in bitcoin without in knowing by anyone also even when we can also do transactions anywhere quickly and securely as well as the cost so in reach and bitcoin for now in made as one currency trusted and secure digital.
Activity: 462
Merit: 11
when cryptocurrency triumphs without bitcoin is actually the moment that i taught why so because altcoin fluctuations are currently still affected will the current bitcoin movement. currently bitcoin if in real world or FIAT he is US dollar or euro which is the basic exchange rate. When the next cryptocurrency can be a basic exchange rate such as bitcoin at this time I'm sure the dominance of bitcoin will not be same likes today
Activity: 266
Cryptocurrency can stand without Bitcoin because there are lot of new currencies that claim to be faster and provide low cost mining than Bitcoin but world's crypto communities still see potential qualities in Bitcoin that will help the world to overcome many barriers in the International financial and trading system and that is the reason still many developed countries , companies and  individuals invest in Bitcoin
Pages:
Jump to: