Pages:
Author

Topic: Can Cryptocurrency Stand Without Bitcoin? - page 30. (Read 2269 times)

Activity: 99
Merit: 6
All other cryptos won't exist without bitcoin. Bitcoin is the most trustworthy coin when it comes to investment vehicle. Bitcoin is the first cryptocurrency so its would be so add removing bitcoin as the top notch in all cryptos. Even if bitcoin didn't function as a crypto, still bitcoin is the number coin and people find bitcoin more of a store of value than a currency.
Activity: 532
Merit: 250
According to the probability theory there is always a chance that BTC could fall from it's 1st place. But given that BTC Dominance: 48.3% according to coinmarketcap this can happen only if there are global changes in people's mind all around the globe.
Activity: 378
Merit: 104
I hope that someday Altcoins can stand on their own without bitcoin and not depending on its daily price volitility and price fluctuations
Activity: 232
Merit: 1
It seems to difficult now because user of bitcoin will increase day by day so today altcoin will not stand without bitcoin because all the market depends on bitcoin if bitcoin goes down all the alt will follow the bitcoin but in future it is possible because in crypto world anything is possible.
legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1060
I mean Why bitcoin? Why waste huge energy in mining. As everyone know bitcoin is useless in terms
of usability.
My question to bitcointalk users :

Is this possible that any altcoin become no 1 on coinmarketcap and bitcoin disappeare

I think this can be possible, what you think so comment below...
Yes, why waste huge energy in mining when we can just use thousands of shitcoins to transact with each other. Why have a base currency for cryptos when we have tons of coins, anyway?  Roll Eyes (this is sarcasm, just in case some people doesn't get it)

Bitcoin is "useless" in terms of usability but last time I checked, altcoins are still claiming that they are very usable and will serve purpose yet only a few of them lived up to their promises. Bitcoin is what we have been using for so long and even though we aren't able to use it IRL just yet, we're using it for a lot of other things, mostly online.

I don't get the "Let's ditch bitcoin and embrace an altcoin" mentality because what altcoin would it be and how it is superior over bitcoin? With all the toxicity that's going on in the ecosystem of ETH, I don't think that will be the coin to replace bitcoin. There is every possibility that bitcoin will be replaced by another coin but the thing is though, there's no coin that can overthrow bitcoin from its throne.
Activity: 616
Merit: 262
i guess no because bitcoin is the mother of all cryptocurrency so they can't stand alone besides every time bitcoin pumps other altcoins follow as well but if bitcoin fell and get dump other altcoins will be dump as well . These altcoins are just following the flow of bitcoin some are not but most of it yes . So for me bitcoin is really important it will stay as the mother of other crypto

There is still a possibility that bitcoin might lose its value if it wouldn't be able to gain support anymore by the crypto users. The price of a coin depends on its demand and since bitcoin is in demand now then it is still valuable but then if another coin would be able to claim its position and support by the community then there is a possibility that investors would transfer to another coin.

Let's be honest, there are other coins that are better than bitcoin in terms of scalability and transaction price but still it is the king of crypto as of the moment because it is the most famous of them all.
Activity: 252
Merit: 0
i guess no because bitcoin is the mother of all cryptocurrency so they can't stand alone besides every time bitcoin pumps other altcoins follow as well but if bitcoin fell and get dump other altcoins will be dump as well . These altcoins are just following the flow of bitcoin some are not but most of it yes . So for me bitcoin is really important it will stay as the mother of other crypto
Activity: 283
I think cryptocurrency could have stood without bitcoin, but probably would not be the same when cryptocurrency stands with bitcoin, because I think cryptocurrency and bitcoin are a strong unity and have more value in the eyes of society. So if cryptocurrency without bitcoin may be the number of investors will also fall.
Activity: 84
bitcoin is the first currency.Blockchain is the technology behind Bitcoin.It's hard to imagine that the world of cryptocurrency exists without Bitcoin but this can happen in the world of crypto.people who have a lot of money because they use it as a form of assets to hide their wealth in the form of bitcoin . Some people use it as a form of payment inside or outside the country and anyone who allows or accepts bitcoin as payment. I think that's a lot more than usage and that's why bitcoin is number one in the market today.

I dont think so, bitcoin is the pioneer coin in the market. All other tokens just following the trend of bitcoin's value. So, for me, other cryptocurrency can't stand alone without the existing of BTC.
Activity: 638
Merit: 118
No way. Without Bitcoin, I can't see any cryptocurrency, Sorry  Grin It is the universal truth that without bitcoin, the crypto world is nothing. Every altcoin is depended on the bitcoin ups and downs. If bitcoin goes down then the total crypto market goes down too. Then if there is not bitcoin, how can we think altcoins? So, Without bitcoin, There will be no cryptocurrency.
Activity: 36
bitcoin is the first currency.Blockchain is the technology behind Bitcoin.It's hard to imagine that the world of cryptocurrency exists without Bitcoin but this can happen in the world of crypto.people who have a lot of money because they use it as a form of assets to hide their wealth in the form of bitcoin . Some people use it as a form of payment inside or outside the country and anyone who allows or accepts bitcoin as payment. I think that's a lot more than usage and that's why bitcoin is number one in the market today.
Activity: 1148
Merit: 504
Yes, but later.
Now all other currencies are dependent on it. However, I'm sure that early or late this should change ... I do not think bitcoin will forever be at the head of all crypto currency
Thats right the possibility exists, because bitcoin is not perfect, of course there will be developers wanting a technological upgrade that is more sophisticated and new than bitcoin, and maybe they will make better than bitcoin, but the hard part is getting others to move to the coins, because you know a lot of people are very comfortable and believe in bitcoin
Activity: 167
I think that's impossible, because bitcoin has great confidence, and if bitcoin disappears then public confidence in other coins will also disappear.
Activity: 112
Bitcoin is the reason why other crypto existed. If bitcoin will be out of the picture, then something bad might happen with other cryptocurrencies. Bitcoin purpose is a digital currency and is other option with our fiat money. If it is gone, we can no longer enjoy its purpose as a currency unless other crypto step up and replace bitcoin and its main purpose as a digital money.
Activity: 131
Yes, but later.
Now all other currencies are dependent on it. However, I'm sure that early or late this should change ... I do not think bitcoin will forever be at the head of all crypto currency
Activity: 3052
Merit: 606
Cryptocurrency without bitcoin could stand but trust me the crypto world will never be the same. Individuals will get scared and probably decrease the number of investors in cryptocurrency
I think so.It will still survive even without bitcoin but maybe those investors whos fave is bitcoin will find it quite hard to invest into some other altcoins.I think ethereum will replace bitcoin's position in the future.This one is also very promising next to bitcoin.
Activity: 378
Merit: 10
Decentralized Continuous Audit& Reporting Protocol
Cryptocurrency without bitcoin could stand but trust me the crypto world will never be the same. Individuals will get scared and probably decrease the number of investors in cryptocurrency
Activity: 183
It is so. All people are interested in this market because of blockchain technology, not because of bitcoin. So if bitcoin is destroyed then this market will survive and grow.
copper member
Activity: 648
Merit: 159
Dude, bitcoin is the first one coin that being cryptocurrency, or it's mean bitcoin is the mother of crypto. I think bitcoin can survive to several years later and this is still be a part of crypto. For altcoin that will be replace bitcoin on top 1 is ethereum, ethereum can overtake bitcoin cause this network and technology can expanse crypto real use in world.
Activity: 45
Bitcoin is one important thing in cryptocurrency and I think it is crucial for crypto to have bitcoin since it is a strong power. Maybe crypto wouldn't stand without bitcoin
Yes, Bitcoin is also part Bitcoin, crypto currency exist before bitcoin and still circulating at this age.
Pages:
Jump to: