Pages:
Author

Topic: Can I trust BTC exchanges? - page 8. (Read 21741 times)

klf
legendary
Activity: 1344
Merit: 1000
September 14, 2015, 10:24:06 PM
It's in the human nature to be corrupt and greedy . Decentralised p2p  platforms will the future since none controls them, only code does. And code isn't corrupt nor greedy.
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1002
September 13, 2015, 09:14:44 AM
You never know if an admin is trustworthy, mark karpeles was trustworthy, the evolution market admins were trustworthy, Mintpal and etc.

When I first became interested in BTC it was immediately apparent to me at least that Gox was a shower of shit and I never went anywhere near it. By their very nature no dark market can be trusted and the Evolution admins were self proclaimed carders.

The only positive that's come out of all these cons and failures is that eventually, just maybe, the average Bitcoiner won't fall for the same old shit over and over again. It still happens every day. My sympathy for future victims is now nil. There's enough precendents out there for them to know better.

Latest exchange many bitcoins were "stolen" by "hackers" and people are just afraid.
It is not a dark market eventhough it is something legit like in real life money exchange.
Also i saw a scam accusation here that is made to Cryptsy exchange so these things are happening real.
legendary
Activity: 896
Merit: 1000
September 11, 2015, 09:55:47 PM
You never know if an admin is trustworthy, mark karpeles was trustworthy, the evolution market admins were trustworthy, Mintpal and etc.

The more that an exchange gain trust the more risk is being put in to them. Exchanges are made for short-term and not for long-term standing.

why do you think exchanges aren't supposed to last long? because hacks or inside job thefts? with time the security and the professionality of the exchanges is growing and growing. i do think that the top exchanges can last quite a long time.
Activity: 504
Merit: 500
September 11, 2015, 06:30:12 PM

The more that an exchange gain trust the more risk is being put in to them. Exchanges are made for short-term and not for long-term standing.
legendary
Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014
Welt Am Draht
September 11, 2015, 05:19:14 PM

When I first became interested in BTC it was immediately apparent to me at least that Gox was a shower of shit and I never went anywhere near it. By their very nature no dark market can be trusted and the Evolution admins were self proclaimed carders.

The only positive that's come out of all these cons and failures is that eventually, just maybe, the average Bitcoiner won't fall for the same old shit over and over again. It still happens every day. My sympathy for future victims is now nil. There's enough precendents out there for them to know better.
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
September 11, 2015, 12:25:06 PM
i doubt that you can trust them they might easily scam people and steal their bitcoins
Activity: 32
Merit: 0
September 11, 2015, 12:10:09 PM
nowhere is safe, long term, except your QT wallet
Activity: 336
Merit: 250
September 10, 2015, 08:16:37 PM
there are many people's who are trusting a bitcoin exchange for their money I will say that they are just risking their money because I won't keep my money anywhere where I don't have the private key
Activity: 238
September 10, 2015, 06:16:00 PM
For now, you can use some popular exchanges to do some trading

but I wouldn't rely on/trust them long term because you just don't know what will happen to them.
Activity: 414
Merit: 250
September 10, 2015, 06:09:05 PM
Activity: 714
September 10, 2015, 03:18:29 PM
Trust no one in Bitcoin industry, both services and individuals.
Never do business without escrow.
Never save your money in exchanges. Only put your money/btc when you want to trade and withdraw immediately when your trade is finished.

indeed. Even if a exchange or online wallet looks safe there us always a change for a hack.

Even the offline wallet was hacked, if you have heard for brainwallet then you should think twice Smiley

Actually, it'd be best to think three times, twice in your head and the third thought kept in a secret location elsewhere...  Grin
September 10, 2015, 02:29:01 PM
Never save your money in exchanges. Only put your money/btc when you want to trade and withdraw immediately when your trade is finished.

indeed. Even if a exchange or online wallet looks safe there us always a change for a hack.

Even the offline wallet was hacked, if you have heard for brainwallet then you should think twice Smiley
Activity: 770
Merit: 284
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
September 10, 2015, 12:59:42 PM

September 10, 2015, 11:56:17 AM

Well said if we are strict in these steps then our bitcoin is safe enough Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1424
Merit: 1001
September 10, 2015, 10:34:29 AM
Activity: 152
September 10, 2015, 10:19:54 AM
Of course you can, but all depends of how much you want to exchange, because they take like 20% of feeds. but ill recommend you to go to localbitcoin forum, and find someone who can sell you bitcoins in person, is the best way and secure Cheesy. Good luck!
September 09, 2015, 06:42:16 AM
It depends on exchange site that you are using. There's a exchanger that you can actually trust for your money.

Which exchange do you trust then? It is an open scam accusation for Crypsy exchange, if you are using it try to withdraw your bitcoin.
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
September 09, 2015, 05:52:14 AM
It depends on exchange site that you are using. There's a exchanger that you can actually trust for your money.
Activity: 574
September 08, 2015, 08:17:07 PM
I know it is pretty hard to trust any exchange site as it can be hacked and I lose my deposits but we have to deal with these sites so I prefer instant withdraw sites only
Activity: 152
September 08, 2015, 08:11:30 PM
some exchenge are good enough to keep your coins,and i was trust poloniex and bittrex. but you have found a big fee and minimum withdraw.
Pages:
Jump to: