Pages:
Author

Topic: Can I trust BTC exchanges? - page 6. (Read 21741 times)

legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1070
September 24, 2015, 02:25:49 AM
There is absolutely no trust in exchanges if you want to leave your bitcoins there for a long time.

Many good exchanges that i personally use are yobit poloniex cryptsy(not recently) and they do their job for what they are.

FUD..
Don't listen to this guy.

I wrote no trust in exchanges if you want don't leave your bitcoins there for a long time.
Because everything can happen you can see the last hack in mt.gox, bter hack etc.
The mtgox hack was one of the terrible story? will millions of lost for users.

you need to leave always a small amount of coins for trading, or you may lose the opportunity for a good profit

mtgox was a joke exchange, i'm sure that the more we go ahead the more secure exchange will be
Activity: 826
Merit: 1000
September 23, 2015, 05:29:12 PM
There is absolutely no trust in exchanges if you want to leave your bitcoins there for a long time.

Many good exchanges that i personally use are yobit poloniex cryptsy(not recently) and they do their job for what they are.

FUD..

I fully agree on first sentence.
However in second sentence you wrote all the untrusted altcoin exchanges. I'd never put my money on Yobit and if I need to use Poloniex and Cryptsy I only deposit when I trade and immediately withdraw new coins.
Activity: 504
Merit: 500
September 23, 2015, 05:15:52 PM

FUD..

I wrote no trust in exchanges if you want don't leave your bitcoins there for a long time.
Because everything can happen you can see the last hack in mt.gox, bter hack etc.
The mtgox hack was one of the terrible story? will millions of lost for users.
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
September 23, 2015, 12:42:55 PM

FUD..
Activity: 504
September 23, 2015, 12:34:25 PM

Activity: 28
Merit: 0
September 23, 2015, 09:50:54 AM
Short answer is yes.
Long answer is not so easy.
For the most part most of the larger exchanges (exchanges with volume) are safe to trade on.
Activity: 285
Merit: 250
September 23, 2015, 09:49:26 AM
If your going to use an exchange site  try to look for the well known  and trusted exchange site websites. Btw, do some research and check their background history.
I couldn't agree more with this. This is the main purpose we created bitcoinx.io, so that each exchange would have a profile ratings and reviews, so that others could see it before making a decision to use that service. Think of Yelp, but for Bitcoin.
Activity: 152
Merit: 100
September 23, 2015, 04:35:47 AM
never trust everything on internet. so do bitcoin exchanges except you are know someone who run the exchange
just trust on yourself while you on the line. that's my principle.
Activity: 322
Real power doesnt hit hard,but right to the target
September 23, 2015, 02:31:06 AM
I use instant BTC exchanges, then I feel more safe  Wink Several months ago, I had one problem with BTC exchange, sent ticket to support and receive reply with problem solved  Grin

instant BTC exchanges use very low rate,
the difference between the market rate and instant exchanger exchanges usually up to $ 10
Activity: 134
September 22, 2015, 08:12:24 PM
If your going to use an exchange site  try to look for the well known  and trusted exchange site websites. Btw, do some research and check their background history.
Activity: 658
September 22, 2015, 09:58:49 AM
I use instant BTC exchanges, then I feel more safe  Wink Several months ago, I had one problem with BTC exchange, sent ticket to support and receive reply with problem solved  Grin
September 22, 2015, 04:29:58 AM
No, since exchanger will collapse one day but the problem is "when"
I've ever trade and vote on mintpal ( the green theme and best exchanger that ever exist) but one day it got collapsed. Ofcourse that shocked and unexpected news. Luckily I've withdrawn all fund before mintpal shut down forever..
if i remember mintpal collapse, that make me very sad,
that a good exchanger also my 2nd exchanger after i know c-cex

i have some bitcoin maybe 0.01 i know it's not much, but my balance is my first earning from  some faucet  Cry
legendary
Activity: 1862
Merit: 1015
September 22, 2015, 04:25:26 AM
No, since exchanger will collapse one day but the problem is "when"
I've ever trade and vote on mintpal ( the green theme and best exchanger that ever exist) but one day it got collapsed. Ofcourse that shocked and unexpected news. Luckily I've withdrawn all fund before mintpal shut down forever..
Activity: 756
Merit: 503
Crypto.games
September 22, 2015, 04:04:58 AM
well for me.. using bitcoin itself...
needs trusts. even the wallet we are using,
we trust them without knowing even further.
but in same area... some people take advantage of this trust.
and make a scams.. so we still need to be careful.
if i where you.. search for it. and investigate it even further
since your doubting it. goodluck
September 22, 2015, 03:49:27 AM
May i know the name of your local exchange.
I see that it is much better to have a local exchange especially when you know the owner.
At my country there is no local exchange neither the community know much about bitcoin lol.
Which country are you from? I also trust my local exchange but we have 3 exchanges, I only trust 1. The one have legal issues and the other has no volume depth.
I'm from indonesia. My local exchange is bitcoin.co.id. The owner is Oscar Darmawan.
Bitcoin community is growing fast at my country. Until now registred user in exchange is 75216 member.
Even the volume in not really much compare to other. But i trust this exchange than other.

That's really great to know that Bitcoin in your country is growing.However I recommend always to hold bitcoins in adresses where only you hold the private keys for. Only deposit really small amounts at the exchanges. You never know...

why i must upload some document if i want to withdraw my balance with voucer code
anyway i try your local bitcoin exchanger and i like it
Activity: 224
September 21, 2015, 10:47:18 PM
Howdy,
I've been using one for a couple months now and it's given no reason to mistrust it. But it seems weird to me sending my money to an intermediary that's neither a wallet nor a bank and is entirely online. Feels like the money is hanging out in some nowhere zone that isn't completely under my control...

Dies any one else feel this way or do I just not understand this stuff well enough yet?

Thanks!

Though some people say that BTC remain anonymous to its users but nobody can force the exchange to give out information and, as long as the exchange keeps working, most of its users won't see any harm in this.
Activity: 285
September 21, 2015, 12:58:13 PM
That's really great to know that Bitcoin in your country is growing.However I recommend always to hold bitcoins in adresses where only you hold the private keys for. Only deposit really small amounts at the exchanges. You never know...
Basically, that is the one general rule of thumb for all bitcoin exchanges - whether you trust them or not - just use them to buy or sell bitcoins. Then move your coins off of the exchange. Their purpose is not to be used as a wallet, but as a means to buy or sell bitcoins, period.
legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1016
September 21, 2015, 08:58:31 AM
I see that it is much better to have a local exchange especially when you know the owner.
At my country there is no local exchange neither the community know much about bitcoin lol.
Which country are you from? I also trust my local exchange but we have 3 exchanges, I only trust 1. The one have legal issues and the other has no volume depth.
I'm from indonesia. My local exchange is bitcoin.co.id. The owner is Oscar Darmawan.
Bitcoin community is growing fast at my country. Until now registred user in exchange is 75216 member.
Even the volume in not really much compare to other. But i trust this exchange than other.

legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1002
September 21, 2015, 08:46:20 AM

Wow that is huge exchange with 75,216 members.
Anyway it is far away from me geographically but the service seems to be good.
I wish one big exchange like that in my country soon, but the most important part is that you trust them.
Activity: 938
Merit: 1000
September 21, 2015, 12:36:16 AM
Pages:
Jump to: