Pages:
Author

Topic: Can myetherwallet get hacked? - page 2. (Read 4237 times)

Activity: 105
Merit: 3
May 24, 2018, 07:33:57 PM
yes there's a possibility that your etherwallet is packaged because it's a platform but it's just a small chance to hack it because security is strong in private keys and if you have a doubt, you can see it in etherscan.io so you can see if it's still there your coins or tokens.
Activity: 367
Merit: 100
May 24, 2018, 07:31:22 PM
I'm pretty sure that it's impossible to crack a Mayweather. The only way with which help hackers can get your money is your mistake, so you should be more careful!
Activity: 238
Merit: 7
May 24, 2018, 05:28:46 PM
Mostly users MEW is hacked via a phishing attack since you won't be using PC to login into your MEW so your funds are absolutely safe even if you don't have the computer as your funds are not stored in your PC, they are stored in the blockchain. As you have backed up your private keys just keep them safe, only your funds will be stolen if by mistake your private keys are leaked into wrong hands.
Activity: 210
Merit: 0
May 24, 2018, 03:59:20 PM
If you do everything that the author of the topic listed, the only thing that can happen is the hacking of the MEW database itself, but I do not think it's possible at all. Why? Well, if only because if it could be done, it would have been done long ago and more than once and believe me no one would have used MEW anymore.
Agree, if it could be hacked then no one is using it right now. I believe that MEW is safe for hackers because it is widely used by users in the crypto community and the only problem it had when there is phishing site similar to MEW but it can't be considered hacking.
Activity: 546
Merit: 3
May 24, 2018, 03:58:01 PM
Yes they can get hacked, but the thing about it is. It's only people that log into myetherwallet at that time that will be affected, because myetherwallet those not have your private key. So to be on the safe side use paper wallet or hardware wallet.
Activity: 39
May 24, 2018, 03:52:58 PM
If you do everything that the author of the topic listed, the only thing that can happen is the hacking of the MEW database itself, but I do not think it's possible at all. Why? Well, if only because if it could be done, it would have been done long ago and more than once and believe me no one would have used MEW anymore.
Activity: 420
Merit: 113
May 24, 2018, 03:43:58 PM
I can say it can be hacked if you hand out to your right and left your customary keys to anyone, well, and if you do it carefully, then most likely everything will be fine, but lately I understand that the attacks are intensifying. Keep your private key safe. You should be good. If I can suggest, you should never click on any spam links.
Activity: 2632
Merit: 833
May 24, 2018, 11:24:16 AM
Of course, everyone is really vulnerable not just MEW, exchanges, bitcoin wallets, everything that is crypto related is being a target by hackers because of the huge money involved in it.

That's why we have our duty to really secure Private Keys, careful of clicking any links so that you will not get phished, double check everything before sending someone your personal information or even not trusting anyone. We really need to be very careful so that the likelihood of losing your money is reduced.
Activity: 126
May 24, 2018, 11:16:34 AM
Wallets are hacked everyday and people suffer a lot of pain.It is very painful to work and have your money stolen by a third party who has done nothing to merit it.Sometimes scammers try to use a lot of strategies to steal people funds like phishing messages etc.All that a person has to do always is not to ever pay attention to any of these messages.
Activity: 686
Merit: 10
May 24, 2018, 11:15:31 AM
your funds are 100% safe. because mew is not storing your funds. they just give you access to the eth blockchain. So if you have private keys and if you are keeping it safe then your funds are safe. also use metamask for additional security and metamask is giving you protection against phishing sites. so if you follow these steps then you will be fully safe. good luck
Activity: 1078
Merit: 254
May 24, 2018, 11:08:30 AM
Don't be silly, whether it is a hardware wallet or not it is still hackable, everything is hackable if you'd give your private information or even put your keys in your computer, since almost everything is tech-top now I honestly think that hackers can easily breach your computer if they had the right information they need to hack you, for example is your IP Address, if that is traced, then I think it might be the time to shut your computer down and change your IP right away, because they now have the power to do anything. But again going back to the topic which is your etherwallets, yes they can hack your etherwallets, basically every wallet can be hacked if a hacker has the power to get your information, beware and stay safe.
Activity: 432
May 24, 2018, 11:07:59 AM
Yes ones wallet can get hacked. And the reason is that if one try to let any external body have access to your wallet private key. If anyone does then your wallet might get hacked.
Activity: 121
May 24, 2018, 11:03:47 AM
There's been lots of cases I heard that MEW has been hacked and I have some advices for you to prevent from it. Firstly, don't use common computer, there are lots of cases people used common computer that made them lose all their money. Secondly, use hardware wallet as until now, using hardware wallet is the safest way to keep your asset.
Activity: 434
Merit: 100
Hexhash.xyz
May 24, 2018, 10:59:54 AM
Everything can be hacked depends on your own carelessness. Avoid clicking phishing sites because hackers do this way to steal your private account and keys so much careful of that. Make it secure and safe because if you mistaken of this you can't return it back. So protect it as much as possible so you can avoid this.
Activity: 448
Merit: 10
May 24, 2018, 10:58:57 AM
I think if you keep the access keys there's nothing to worry about. hack it, and I don't expect anyone can
Activity: 34
May 24, 2018, 10:53:53 AM
If your not careful any wallet can be hacked
If you are careful even the simplest wallet will suffice (cold storage)
Activity: 140
May 24, 2018, 10:52:36 AM
MEW is a UI to access your funds, but those funds are on the blockchain, not stored within MEW itself. Therefore if you have your keys you'll be fine.
Activity: 44
Merit: 1
It's an ocean of meaning and a wide jungle
May 24, 2018, 10:46:52 AM
So long you don't click on phishing sites that intends stealing your private keys, you're safe. And also make sure your back ups are pretty secured. If anyone has access to where you have manually written down those information, then you can as well kiss your funds goodbye.
Activity: 378
Merit: 11
May 24, 2018, 10:33:40 AM
Yes, you wallet can still get hacked. Myetherwallet is not safe anymore. NOt unless if you are using metamask or any other wallet with additional security, in that case your wallet is much safer
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
May 24, 2018, 10:29:49 AM
If hacker have access to your PC everything possible. To protect your wallet and other useful for you data never click on supicious links and also try not to download anything on your PC.
Pages:
Jump to: