Pages:
Author

Topic: Can myetherwallet get hacked? - page 9. (Read 4237 times)

Activity: 9
Merit: 0
May 12, 2018, 12:56:10 AM
 MEW server can be hacked. Though MEW specifically says that it does not hold any keys , so directly tthere will be no harm. However, if the servers are hacked then this could lead to phishing attack. User has to attentive to this...bookmark your MEW website address.
Activity: 518
Merit: 100
May 11, 2018, 03:44:15 PM
Of course I think that it can be hacked, but I keep my tokens on this purse. I consider him the safest purse. Just need to adhere to security rules and then there will be less likelihood that it will be hacked.
Activity: 271
May 11, 2018, 03:32:16 PM
Hi, i have backupped my pvkeys on an usb stick. I wrote it also down on a piece of paper. My computer broke. I put a metal pin through the harddrives. I will not buy a new pc soon. So i wont check in on myetherwallet for some time. I cant click on phishing links. My question is : are my funds safe? Can myetherwallet get hacked? Can my funds dissapear even when i have no computer, hid my keys? Im to stupid to work with a ledger or trezor. Can something happen to it like with the parity/kill?
MEW can not guarantee someone not to get phishing and back up user data if actively exposed, this wallet is not centralized so the security ratio is not greater than the attack rate encountered. Hardwallet is an erc-20 alternative which is quite good and coinbase is also seen starting to provide a place for erc-20.
Activity: 182
Merit: 10
May 11, 2018, 12:09:12 PM
Everything can be. Just don't lose your private key, always keep your private key in a safe place, so that nobody can get hold of it.
Activity: 28
May 11, 2018, 10:57:04 AM
I think myetherwallet can not be hacked, but he can get a scam site that will steal a private key or keystone that we have, many similar cases have happened, so please be more careful
Activity: 70
May 10, 2018, 11:37:58 PM
I think myetherwallet can not be hacked, but he can get a scam site that will steal a private key or keystone that we have, many similar cases have happened, so please be more careful.
Activity: 66
May 10, 2018, 12:22:18 PM
You can hack everything if you want, you can just sit and find the private keys, Yes, maybe even some sort will pick up your grandchildren, because there are 64 characters. But you can hack.
Activity: 93
May 10, 2018, 12:20:06 PM
The myetherwallet is not hackable. The problem is on the users side on how they use to access their funds online. Do not input your private key if you will check your funds and don't give it to other sites or person your private key. Beware of phishing.
legendary
Activity: 2450
Merit: 1047
May 09, 2018, 11:20:08 PM
Myetherwallet just came under fire last month for domain redirection hacked, so it can still be hacked unless you are ignorant of all the signs that its not the real myetherwallet, better buy yourself a hardware wallet or use a desktop wallet hackers are getting better every day.
Activity: 127
May 09, 2018, 11:09:12 PM
nothing is impossible, as well as with myetherwallet.
with the security program in use today is very good to prevent others to take over our wallets. but we must remember to ourselves again, that with the security that has been clearly proven so far, we still should not be careless.
because the truth they are looking for is our neglect to take what we have.
Activity: 196
Merit: 10
The Premier Digital Asset Management Ecosystem
May 09, 2018, 05:40:14 PM
It is very easy to crack this wallet. It seems to me that he is the most vulnerable. Even if you monitor security, they can even translate to a phishing site. I've heard many cases among friends who have been hacked.
Activity: 127
May 09, 2018, 05:32:58 PM
Yes your ether wallet can get hard if you do not secure it properly, make sure you did not give your private key to anyone and do not store your private key online in a place where hackers can get to it and besides myetherwallet was just hacked a couple of weeks ago I believe
Xmm
Activity: 440
May 09, 2018, 07:52:56 AM
If you take into account the recent hacking wallets, then the MEW in my opinion is the most hacked. But it is used by a lot of people, so it's not surprising! Be careful, do not go for questionable links and everything will be fine in sashimi tokens and ETH!)
Activity: 70
May 09, 2018, 07:46:03 AM
I do not know how. but a couple of days ago my tokens were recalled on my account. Nobody knew priv. I do not know how it is possible to find a private key list.
Activity: 25
May 09, 2018, 05:39:23 AM
I think myetherwallet is very safe and secure. Most people have problems, because they are sloppy and don't keep their computers clean.
Activity: 14
May 08, 2018, 12:10:54 PM
As long as you don't enter on phising site , your funds will be ok but make sure you instal all the plugins that myetherwallet provides on the front page and I sugest to install all 3 of them just to be sure that you have extra protection and in future try to by a hardware wallet because it's much more safer.
Activity: 114
May 08, 2018, 03:41:54 AM
It can happen, especially if the repairman was able to access the privatkeys that you have saved on the computer. I think MEW is very risky against hacker attacks, especially if you carelessly put privatkeys on the exchange site.
Activity: 574
Merit: 251
May 08, 2018, 03:33:26 AM
We what I really think about this is that as long as you can store and keep your private keys and all other sensitive information then you should be alright. Better be always safe than sorry. So be safe pal and you will be alright.
Activity: 69
May 08, 2018, 03:30:47 AM
Yes it can, and that is why you should use the safest method possible to access it, which at the moment is to have the metamask plugin installed to avoid sending keys on-line.
Activity: 92
May 08, 2018, 03:19:30 AM
I always use Myetherwallet to keep all my money and tokens from ICO projects. I think MEW at this time is the safest wallet and always chosen by investors as the safest wallet. I will always use Myetherwallet
Pages:
Jump to: