Pages:
Author

Topic: Can myetherwallet get hacked? - page 7. (Read 4237 times)

Activity: 22
Merit: 0
May 15, 2018, 01:13:59 AM
I think your assets will remain in your ethereum wallet and will not be lost. If you are in doubt, maybe you can check it in etherscan.io and you just enter the ethereum address only, see there  your token still exists or not.
Activity: 27
May 14, 2018, 08:57:18 AM
its possible but it is highly HIGHLY unlikely.
Activity: 196
May 14, 2018, 08:42:04 AM
The latest events in the crypto currency have surprised me and frightened me. advancing technology is being used very well by hackers. Unfortunately I think myetherwallet can be hacked.
Activity: 294
May 14, 2018, 08:40:50 AM
It seems to me with the latest events, everything is possible. My advice is not to keep everything in one purse. This system is not so safe yet, so as not to worry about your means. Therefore, it is better to distribute competently in many wallets!
Activity: 658
Merit: 250
May 14, 2018, 08:37:57 AM
I think you account or information cannot get hacked as long as your private key is save and not exposed to a third party. When you fix your PC or get a new one, you can login and access your information and it will still be intact as long as another person doesn't have your data.
Activity: 116
May 14, 2018, 08:37:50 AM
Hi, i have backupped my pvkeys on an usb stick. I wrote it also down on a piece of paper. My computer broke. I put a metal pin through the harddrives. I will not buy a new pc soon. So i wont check in on myetherwallet for some time. I cant click on phishing links. My question is : are my funds safe? Can myetherwallet get hacked? Can my funds dissapear even when i have no computer, hid my keys? Im to stupid to work with a ledger or trezor. Can something happen to it like with the parity/kill?

Yes it's possible to be hacked if you register your private key on phising sites. That's why we must be very careful especially if we have a lot of funds in our wallet.
I can suggest MetaMask to you, it's a safest way to protect your MyEtherWallet account since it have it's own private keys and you don't need to give your private keys in any exchanging sites.
Activity: 300
Merit: 250
May 14, 2018, 08:33:37 AM
I do not think that MEW can be hacked. It has a great system which will help the customers to feel safe. However, customers need to understand the risk of using cryptocurrency because if you are not really careful, you might lose your private key as well as your password which allow hackers to steal your money. So, you have to understand how to protect yourself on the cyber network in order to use ethereum without being hacked
Activity: 518
Merit: 102
May 14, 2018, 07:01:16 AM
Yes it can be hacked.
Especially if you use only privat key for access.
Or if you keep wallet privat information in place, which is not secure.
Activity: 154
May 14, 2018, 06:40:56 AM
Hi, i have backupped my pvkeys on an usb stick. I wrote it also down on a piece of paper. My computer broke. I put a metal pin through the harddrives. I will not buy a new pc soon. So i wont check in on myetherwallet for some time. I cant click on phishing links. My question is : are my funds safe? Can myetherwallet get hacked? Can my funds dissapear even when i have no computer, hid my keys? Im to stupid to work with a ledger or trezor. Can something happen to it like with the parity/kill?

Basically, no one knows the existence of your MEW wallet. So, your wallet is safe. You shouldn't be afraid of hackers, you should watch out for the people around you. I think there is no way to hack your wallet through the internet. Don't worry. The thing you should do now is preserving your USB drive and hard drive carefully.

Activity: 112
May 14, 2018, 06:36:57 AM
No matter how tight you are in the ether wallet, you can even blast others or even steal it but professional can do that. but make sure you only know your password so your ether wallet will not steal the others and you will not lose it all.
Activity: 1428
Merit: 358
May 14, 2018, 06:36:15 AM
Yes it is possible! Myetherwallet can also be hacked. Actually, there is issue in myetherwallet last month that many people loses their funds by accessing their wallet. I can say that myetherwallet is also vulnerable to hackers.
Activity: 109
Merit: 2
May 14, 2018, 06:35:05 AM
Yes it can because i already experience it ,and im not sure why ,i guess i filled some form and i put my private key,so for you put your importants key in private place so you can prevent some hacked and also scamming.
Activity: 700
Merit: 100
May 14, 2018, 06:35:02 AM
With your question, I agree with some of the answers that you can only be hacked if you got careless.

Needless to say, it is a good thing you wrote down your pkeys somewhere you only know. And MEW is just a UI. The funds you have are on the blockchain.

Maybe try investing in Trezor more if you're that worried. I have read somewhere that these ledger wallets are the safest things to have because even if you're wallet is hacked for example MEW, if you won't approve the transaction, it won't go thru.
Activity: 93
May 14, 2018, 06:32:27 AM
MEW is absolutely safe. The only way to hack your wallet is to trick the owner. So do not allow blunders and mistakes, so as not to transfer access to third parties.
Activity: 211
May 14, 2018, 06:29:17 AM
Anything on the net can be hacked, but probably hackers will look for a simplest target than myetherwallet. May be, your computer...
So, before to worry about MEW, take care of your machine
Activity: 70
May 14, 2018, 06:28:14 AM
Yes, but not the wallet itself, just its servers. But crypto is really something that is not such reliable and safe in terms of cybersecurity. That's why we need the solutions that are really protected by up-to-date means like it is in Bitupper.
Activity: 210
Merit: 10
May 14, 2018, 06:19:35 AM
It all boils down to the user who is using it. If you're cautious, chances are less that you would be scammed. Every now and then the moderators give warnings about possible phishing links that scammers keep sending.

The only way to save yourself is by staying aware. Never click on suspicious looking links. Never ever enter your private keys anywhere except the official website. If there's ever a warning sign, close the browser immediately. Try and store your private keys on a device that is rarely used.
The to save our token is aware to anything regarding about suspicious link or whatever.
Never enter the private somewhere without checking. I think the hacker could not hack our wallet without get into our keys through  scam link or whatever.
Activity: 350
May 14, 2018, 06:13:38 AM
Myetherwallet may be hacked but your fund can not be stolen since is not on myetherwallet. However, if you enter your private key on hacked myetherwallet website or any other phishing site, your entire fund will be stolen.

Is there another myetherwallet website? If there is can you please especified the link to avoid confusion among investors and holders. I cannot imagine myself using myetherwallet that is hacked. I want proof on your accusations on the site where many people are using.
Activity: 280
May 14, 2018, 06:11:28 AM
Yes it is possible that myetherwallet can be hacked , as what they always said do not go to any pishing site if you see that the site is unusual never type or give your private key if you do not want someone will hacked your account.
Activity: 224
Merit: 31
May 14, 2018, 06:06:18 AM

To put it bluntly of course it can, its a platform and therefore can be hacked infact it was just a month ago that their system was compromised and the page was redirecting you to phishing website that stole peoples private keys.

However its important to note that MEW is at the end of the day just a gateway platform, and does not store your keys online, your keys are always with you, MEW just provides an interface for you to access them, and if you follow best practices when maintaining your keys offline, oer whena cessing your wallets through MEW than a hack on MEW should not result in the loss of your funds.
Pages:
Jump to: