Pages:
Author

Topic: Can we Manipulate Bitcoin price? - page 14. (Read 73493 times)

Activity: 406
Merit: 13
January 06, 2018, 10:39:00 AM
There is a smal possibility that you can manipulate the price of bitcoin. That is if you have the large amount of bitcoin in your hand that you wanted to use that on your own benefit.
Activity: 112
Merit: 11
January 06, 2018, 10:27:46 AM
Everything can be manipulated so the bitcoin market will be no exception to that. It is not easy but just notice how the bitcoin price can go up and down when news is released. Investors, companies or whoever can publish fake news to influence the bitcoin market. Good news will increase the price of the bitcoin and negative news (like a country banning or taking measures against bitcoins) will result in a price drop
Activity: 294
Merit: 105
January 06, 2018, 09:31:47 AM
In my opinion, we can manipulate bitcoin price if you have a massive amount of money. Like in XRP there's a trader that is controlling its cost because he is selling an enormous volume of it, so the price can’t go up. But in total, we can’t manipulate bitcoin’s amount if we are just trading a little amount of it.
Activity: 476
Merit: 101
www.daxico.com
January 06, 2018, 07:27:32 AM
Nobody can dictate the market price of bitcoin or any crypto currency because it's always the demand of the people and the supply of the crypto. IMO, what happened in the falldown of market price of almost all cryptos in the top 50 last Christmas if due to the Whales who hold a voluminous quantity of a certain crypto. When he sold it, it creates a big dip of its market price.
Activity: 1701
Merit: 308
January 06, 2018, 06:31:02 AM
Bitcoin price is controlling by people who use Bitcoin so you are can manipulate Bitcoin price. But you must have enough funds to do so because manipulating Bitcoin prices is not easy because people who use Bitcoin are so much, but if you have a few percent of Bitcoin total or have a lot of funds you can do that.
legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1003
January 06, 2018, 06:24:27 AM
if you have strong financial strength and have news sites or news from familiar places, you may have a possibility on the stock market by using them on your own path, by producing false or balloon news, and by investing or Trading a little. you have other whales.
Activity: 47
Merit: 0
January 06, 2018, 06:22:57 AM
It could be possible but in a little of chance of it because there's a lot of rich people playing bitcoins. Even it could, it's really broke the community around the world. What kind of money if someone can manipulate it?  Grin Grin Grin
Activity: 144
Merit: 10
January 06, 2018, 06:20:48 AM
This would be hard. Atleast you must hold a big percent of bitcoin population to make it happen. Also, there are lot of markets now which holds other btc.
Activity: 329
Merit: 3
January 06, 2018, 06:09:13 AM
I know there are many big players who manipulate bitcoin price and make huge profits but can we the bitcointalk members also form a cartel and let bitcoin price never fall?is it possible that we manipulate price as I am sure most of bitcoin users visit this forum

Possibly No, we as a pre-earner in bitcointalk organization can not make any movements just to manipulate the price to remain permanently increase because all this things happen are base on world market movement.

Activity: 448
Merit: 100
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
January 06, 2018, 06:00:00 AM
I know there are many big players who manipulate bitcoin price and make huge profits but can we the bitcointalk members also form a cartel and let bitcoin price never fall?is it possible that we manipulate price as I am sure most of bitcoin users visit this forum

I think everyone can manipulate bitcoin prices if the person has a very wide knowledge of bitcoin. It don't matter whether he's a big or a small, obviously if he has a very wide knowledge of bitcoin, certainly be able to manipulate bitcoin prices. The issue of the rise and fall of bitcoin prices depends on buyers and bitcoin sales.

Yes I agree with you, there's a chance that we can manipulate it, example if we are holding a huge amount of investments and it also depends on the users it affects the price of bitcoin. However we all know that bitcoin is continuosly being popular now and it is continue growing worldwide. If people control his/her own bitcoin by own reason, I think it is also called manipulate.

Dude,  I think manipulation is all about controlling the bitcoin price as a whole.  there are many different ways to manipulate a certain crypto price, one example is that if you were a popular or influential person you could easily be followed by people if ever you make a decision on what crypto you are supporting.
Activity: 154
January 06, 2018, 04:52:49 AM
It is impossible, bitcoin can not be controlled by anyone because of their very nature anonymous. Believe me, the price is natural and the bitcoin can't manipulation by anyone, because the price is formed from the requests and needs.
Activity: 80
January 05, 2018, 09:39:40 PM
Yes I think we can manipulate the price, but not in a good way. We can just dump all our coin, and for sure the price will go down big. I am not sure how we can manipulate it to go up again I guess, it needs a lot of effort and coordination to the members of this forum. LOL
Activity: 140
Merit: 1
January 05, 2018, 09:35:11 PM
User's and bitcoiner's cannot manipulate bitcoin price. Maybe those only the organizers have the power or rights to manipulate bitcoin price.
Activity: 132
Merit: 11
January 05, 2018, 07:56:36 PM
you could make an orchestrated impact but it would take a hell of a lot of coordination, effort, resources, etc (fake news, and all kind of stuff)
even with that, with this market capitalization, it would only make a small, short-term dent in the price

you would be way better trying to manipulate price of some other coin
Activity: 154
January 05, 2018, 05:31:51 PM
Of course we little people don't have the possibility to influence the market; but the cryptocurrency volume is still so little - in comparation with forex - that big playeers (the whales) surely can influence the prince.
Activity: 196
Merit: 121
January 05, 2018, 05:06:01 PM

I think everyone can manipulate bitcoin prices if the person has a very wide knowledge of bitcoin. It don't matter whether he's a big or a small, obviously if he has a very wide knowledge of bitcoin, certainly be able to manipulate bitcoin prices. The issue of the rise and fall of bitcoin prices depends on buyers and bitcoin sales.

Yes I agree with you, there's a chance that we can manipulate it, example if we are holding a huge amount of investments and it also depends on the users it affects the price of bitcoin. However we all know that bitcoin is continuosly being popular now and it is continue growing worldwide. If people control his/her own bitcoin by own reason, I think it is also called manipulate.
Activity: 31
January 05, 2018, 03:18:44 PM
Some big players can use them bitcoins (100k) and moving price up and down.
they can do every things make coins high and reduce it
Activity: 30
January 05, 2018, 02:32:14 PM
maybe , but remember with so many people there will be so many opinions and will eventually break apart because there will be no consensus.
I'm sure there's a group that holds a lot of bitcoin to manipulate the price when they are looking for profits.
Activity: 224
January 05, 2018, 01:59:26 PM
I guess its not easy to manipulate bitcoin price in the market, since its value is directly proportional to the supply and demand system.
Activity: 2100
Merit: 174
January 05, 2018, 11:46:40 AM
I think we can't manipulate the price of bitcoin since the government only have the rights to do it. However, as I have seen for the past few years,bitcoin price is getting higher as it gets popular. The demand is high that's why the price keeps on increasing. We can retain bitcoin as long as we have big volume,as long as there are big amount of bitcoin believers.
Pages:
Jump to: