Pages:
Author

Topic: Can we Manipulate Bitcoin price? - page 15. (Read 73493 times)

Activity: 392
Merit: 100
platform for everyday business
January 05, 2018, 11:15:28 AM
I know there are many big players who manipulate bitcoin price and make huge profits but can we the bitcointalk members also form a cartel and let bitcoin price never fall?is it possible that we manipulate price as I am sure most of bitcoin users visit this forum

as far as i know being a crypto  member we cannot manipulate the price of bitcoins because its run  in accordance with the block chain and all
things happen with the price value is decentralized by the market exchange.maybe this things bitcoin  soon can be manipulate by the government if the  bitcoin now is regulated by the law and run through with the article section implemented by the government, but as of now,we only go with the flows of the digital currency movement,the price is volatile and unpredictable and all will  govern in the  exchange market.
Activity: 840
Merit: 1000
December 06, 2017, 03:28:06 PM
Manipulation is there, but significant growth would be without it

How do you even differ this significant growth? There is no way to tell which is the real growth and which is manipulation. I could only enjoy the growth as Im keeping my bitcoin so the higher the price that means it is better for me. It is almost not possible to manipulate bitcoin anymore because of the high price that is why the growth is real
Activity: 280
Merit: 250
December 06, 2017, 03:13:01 PM
As a Bitcoin owner you can not manipulate market prices, There is no third party like a bank or a financial institution that can affect the market, price, or even arrange a transaction.
Activity: 294
Merit: 10
December 06, 2017, 02:55:26 PM
In my opinion, Only the government can manipulate the bitcoins price and they are also the reason why bitcoins has been banned on several countries. They are evading the illegal transactions because it was really hard to trace the transaction in bitcoins since it was digital currency.
Activity: 8
Merit: 0
December 06, 2017, 02:43:19 PM
Manipulation is there, but significant growth would be without it
Activity: 22
Merit: 0
December 06, 2017, 02:26:28 PM
I know there are many big players who manipulate bitcoin price and make huge profits but can we the bitcointalk members also form a cartel and let bitcoin price never fall?is it possible that we manipulate price as I am sure most of bitcoin users visit this forum

I do not know for that. But I think we can just manipulate bitcoin prices. It is the work of upper class people who have a lot of money or mining land. I just wait for the bitcoin price to be even higher.

Of course we can manipulate bitcoin through different way such as, working hard with bitcoin forum for the investor it will attract more investor to invest in bitcoin which will manipulate the bitcoin. Also if we by self invest in bitcoin it will also manipulate the bitcoin. Ans if we make trade in the bitcoin it also manipulate.
Activity: 1302
Merit: 25
December 06, 2017, 02:22:45 PM

The possibility of manipution is high as most times humans have the intention to cheat others for selfish reasons but manipulation is minimal with bitcoin.
Activity: 373
December 06, 2017, 02:11:36 PM

I do not know for that. But I think we can just manipulate bitcoin prices. It is the work of upper class people who have a lot of money or mining land. I just wait for the bitcoin price to be even higher.
Activity: 350
Merit: 105
December 06, 2017, 02:03:24 PM
No, We can't manipulate bitcoin maybe the big players can manipulated it but not the price they wanted. Those who can manipulate price are the big exchanges.
Activity: 357
December 06, 2017, 12:55:46 PM
It depends on how many people and how those people are have a lot of influence and have a lot of wealth to manipulate the price of bitcoin. I think if theres a lot of millionare that plotting something about the market value of bitcoin they can change it but i dont think that they can change it easily and even they change it they can change only a little. But for us thats not have a lot of wealth a little cents of changing price of bitcoin is big really matter to us.
Activity: 294
Merit: 252
December 06, 2017, 11:38:36 AM
I have a strong feeling that some big traders do manipulate bitcoin price .After advent of bot trading,it is easy to manipulate bictoin price,but just trading between the accounts in small quantities.Everything can be automated.Trader can take teh price low..but in bulk..and take the price to high and dump the coins=Make profit ...Repeat.Everything in minutes with few clicks
Activity: 42
December 06, 2017, 11:32:04 AM
It can be manipulated, like any other asset. However, it's quite difficult. The fact that it is not regulated doesn't make it easier. It actually makes it more difficult, because no politician or corporative guy can influence the price with rumors or interference in the way the protocol works.

The fact it is widely distributed is another major advantage against manipulation.
Activity: 462
Merit: 12
Indonesian Translator, #1 Quality is prioritized.
December 06, 2017, 10:52:58 AM
The price of bitcoin for sure can be manipulated. But it's no easy task. You need either huge balance of btc or you are some group of miners. I believe if china miners works together, for sure they can manipulate bitcoin price.
Activity: 756
Merit: 505
December 06, 2017, 10:06:03 AM
yes it is possible if we have high volume. but otherwise the amount is already made in some amount. but it's the job of these big whales.
Activity: 350
BITDEPOSITARY - Make ICO's , More Secure
December 06, 2017, 10:02:48 AM

What you were saying is possible but it would take more than just an agreement and mutual goals to make this stable and true to its goal. The members should have a solid rules to follow and in sync and you will have to consider each individual scenarios and factors that may affect your plan.
Activity: 295
Merit: 104
December 06, 2017, 09:52:40 AM

I think everyone can manipulate bitcoin prices if the person has a very wide knowledge of bitcoin. It don't matter whether he's a big or a small, obviously if he has a very wide knowledge of bitcoin, certainly be able to manipulate bitcoin prices. The issue of the rise and fall of bitcoin prices depends on buyers and bitcoin sales.
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1004
December 06, 2017, 08:14:18 AM
Bitfinex is doing that daily  Cheesy
Activity: 616
Merit: 11
Decentralized Ascending Auctions on Blockchain
December 06, 2017, 07:00:14 AM
For my own opinion . All users cannot manipulate bitcoin price. Only the decision of price it comes from the rapid demand. When we talk about manipulation of users maybe it is only a strategic business techniques. If some users having lots of stocks of bitcoins and their purpose is to hold and wait for price high.
Activity: 116
Merit: 16
December 06, 2017, 05:35:52 AM
I don't think we can actually manipulate bitcoin's price because all of the users of bitcoin is classified as minority because there is no one who are responsible for bitcoin. If there is it is either unknown or anonymous, and I think if it is even possible it will be hard for the people who will try to manipulate bitcoin.
legendary
Activity: 2800
Merit: 2736
Farewell LEO: o_e_l_e_o
December 04, 2017, 02:51:18 AM
The idea is good but letting people know the importance of holding and preserving bitcoins value will be the big difference to ensure that prices do not fall, and buying more bitcoins would also have the same effect of stopping the value of bitcoins from falling.
Pages:
Jump to: