Pages:
Author

Topic: Can we Manipulate Bitcoin price? - page 12. (Read 73493 times)

Activity: 351
Merit: 10
January 08, 2018, 12:05:44 AM
it is possible if done by a group players who have plus asset but the chance of bitcointalk players to manipulate the market is small because many members only expect bounty from a project but if done players working together in sync.. maybe !
Activity: 266
Merit: 12
January 07, 2018, 11:37:25 PM
I know there are many big players who manipulate bitcoin price and make huge profits but can we the bitcointalk members also form a cartel and let bitcoin price never fall?is it possible that we manipulate price as I am sure most of bitcoin users visit this forum
No, we cannot control the price of Bitcoin. We here in Bitcoin talk forum have no power of the Bitcoin's price in the market. Only those, I think, people who are behind the development of Bitcoin. So, we must play hard and play according to the rules.
Activity: 798
January 07, 2018, 11:19:24 PM
It is very difficult to manipulate the current bitcoin price, this is because the bitcoin owner is spread almost evenly and nobody has the majority bitcoin so the price is indeed the reality of the market.
Activity: 74
Merit: 1
January 07, 2018, 08:08:25 PM
O think no and only the season can do that like Christmass.
Activity: 364
Merit: 100
January 07, 2018, 07:58:18 PM
I think manipulating bitcoin price takes a lot of money. Because bitcoin price set off a lot of  request for the market. If there is a lot of buy orders, then bitcoin prices will go up . If there is a lot of sell orders, the price will go down. Therefore if you want to manipulate prices ,will require a lot of money.
Activity: 586
Merit: 250
January 07, 2018, 07:06:52 PM
What we have to know is that bitcoin prices have reached over $ 16500 and marketcap $ 275 billion, if we want price manipulation, it is certainly a difficult thing because we have to have more than $ 140 billion.
Activity: 854
Merit: 108
January 07, 2018, 07:03:15 PM
I know there are many big players who manipulate bitcoin price and make huge profits but can we the bitcointalk members also form a cartel and let bitcoin price never fall?is it possible that we manipulate price as I am sure most of bitcoin users visit this forum

Of course we could form a group or even pump and dump conspirators as long as you have riches that willing to be expend to create a scenario like if you want to pump bitcoin price you and your group will pour millions of invesments to buy bitcoin and make it pump. Everything is possible as long as you have money.
Activity: 79
January 07, 2018, 05:02:05 PM
We can influence unconsciously, but not manipulate. To manipulate need leverage of power, and these levers are clearly not in the hands of ordinary people. Satoshi Nakamoto can. Smiley Or other "whales".
Activity: 101
January 07, 2018, 04:32:39 PM
yes it is possible if you have several millions of bitcoins ou if you control the information
Activity: 378
January 07, 2018, 04:23:25 PM
Manipulation of bitcoin price will only belongs to a group of whales. I don't think a member from here can do it or a group from bitcointalk because we are not united. You need many btc to influence the price.
Maybe before when the price was not so expensive.
copper member
Activity: 658
Merit: 284
January 07, 2018, 02:13:00 PM
No way for the bitcointalk community members now because that game belongs to the big whales and the big bankers like your uncle Jamie Dimon. To do such things it will require a huge amount of money, billions of dollars I'm talking here which I don't think the guys here can ever produce that kind of money.
Activity: 4
Merit: 0
January 07, 2018, 11:14:28 AM
 Smiley There's always someone with more money and more greed out there waiting to play you. And let's not get started on some of the exchanges themshelves.
Activity: 89
January 07, 2018, 10:46:46 AM
everything is manipulable, either by force (having a lot of money) or by information
Activity: 1400
Merit: 269
January 07, 2018, 10:40:39 AM
We could do that to stop the whales from dictating the price value of bitcoin. Im sure many groups have been formed in the past to this cause but doing it now seems to be risky cause in the cyber world there are lots of scammers working to steal your money and it's really hard to put all your money on a site or an individual.Volatility isn't as bad as you think it also has it's pros and cons.
Activity: 406
Merit: 105
January 07, 2018, 08:10:12 AM
yes you can and possible to manipulate it.
when you want higher price than sell order above the other, you are manipulate bitcoin price. every personal manipulate bitcoin price. but the people that have many bitcoin have high chance to manipulate it

I agree, those group of whales always manipulate price of bitcoins also those altcoins that they supported. They can also make some news to make the coins price pumps. Anyway, but I think sometimes this strategies didn't work.
Activity: 490
Merit: 107
January 07, 2018, 07:50:59 AM
Maybe a big group like 10-20 person that have many bitcoins can control or at least make a movement at the price of bitcoin, usually people called this person is "whale". Imagine if so many bitcoins suddenly sold or bought, it will make a change on bitcoin price for sure,

I agree, it absolutely is not impossible to achieve. But the thing is, it also is not something that will be easy to accomplish or can by done by simple people like us.

But, if we talk about a huge number of people like us agreeing to buy or to sell at the same time, maybe like hundreds or thousands of people like you and me, then i think it will make a pretty huge difference in the price of bitcoin.  Specially if some big players would also jump in.

Also, even if we talk about just 30-100 big whales dping something,  ir will also give a huge difference in the current price. That is what i think.
For me if those fishes invest Bitcoin there is point that bitcoin price will go down Bitcoin now is even bigger than a GNP of a nation. Big investor are manipulating bitcoin price would also mean that bitcoin is safer to invest.
Activity: 574
Merit: 250
January 07, 2018, 07:45:38 AM
yes you can and possible to manipulate it.
when you want higher price than sell order above the other, you are manipulate bitcoin price. every personal manipulate bitcoin price. but the people that have many bitcoin have high chance to manipulate it
Activity: 350
TRONscratch.com
January 07, 2018, 07:32:51 AM
Those already got hold of large amount of BTC can easily manipulate the price.  Which is a good way of making profit.  Hording is one of their technique. 
Activity: 210
January 07, 2018, 07:22:40 AM
Investors and big fishes can manipulate the 3% of the price of  it, not totally to control but they can make it inflate and deflate. What really affect is the demand of the people, big demands tends to higher prices. It is totally manipulated by bots by great computers and it declares how will the price would be on that day , month or year.
Activity: 987
Merit: 289
Blue0x.com
January 07, 2018, 07:13:50 AM
Maybe a big group like 10-20 person that have many bitcoins can control or at least make a movement at the price of bitcoin, usually people called this person is "whale". Imagine if so many bitcoins suddenly sold or bought, it will make a change on bitcoin price for sure,

I agree, it absolutely is not impossible to achieve. But the thing is, it also is not something that will be easy to accomplish or can by done by simple people like us.

But, if we talk about a huge number of people like us agreeing to buy or to sell at the same time, maybe like hundreds or thousands of people like you and me, then i think it will make a pretty huge difference in the price of bitcoin.  Specially if some big players would also jump in.

Also, even if we talk about just 30-100 big whales dping something,  ir will also give a huge difference in the current price. That is what i think.
Pages:
Jump to: