Pages:
Author

Topic: Can we Manipulate Bitcoin price? - page 10. (Read 73493 times)

Activity: 350
Merit: 109
March 05, 2018, 09:06:05 AM
In my opinion, it's a big NO!, Any ordinary bit coin user can't manipulate bitcoin price but i think only the founder of this or the one who created the system can manipulate bitcoin price.

Yes, the price of the bitcoin and others altcoin can be manipulated by the Good and Bad News, Social Media and different ICO and mostly exchanger and investor because of them the price might move dump and pump. The price also swings on the base of demand and supply. I think there is some group of people who have an authority to manipulate it.
Activity: 560
Merit: 107
March 05, 2018, 06:05:12 AM
For me, yes you can manipulate the price of bitcoin, but you need to obtain a massive volume of bitcoin to make sure you can manipulate it. To manipulate it you should have the 51% or above. But if you don’t have the massive volume you can’t manage the bitcoin’s amount in short no one can manipulate bitcoin’s price.  Smiley
Activity: 266
Merit: 10
March 04, 2018, 03:18:50 PM
As some scandals involving using bots show, prices can be manipulated. Though, it is not clear whether the bots bought bitcoins just in order to buy as much as they can or were a part of a strategy. The second scenario is possible, and manipulation using robots is more probable than "users gathering in groups".
Activity: 490
Merit: 105
March 04, 2018, 02:35:26 PM
It's very possible the manipulation of the price by a group of whales, and probably it happens.
But it's more simple to manipulate the price just paying a politician to make some declarations: the cryptomarket is made by inexperienced trader, they believe anything, so any declaration - even a completely false and stupid one - will have an immediate effect on the price.

Indeed, on cryptomarket it is very easy to create fake news. We have seen it so many time this year, the last that I remember were news about ban in South Korea and India. In addition there are a lot of public persons whose speech (even one tweet) can influence the price.
Activity: 1022
Merit: 535
March 04, 2018, 02:00:54 PM
you have to have enough bitcoin to manipulate the price. if you cant make any effecct to bitcoin price in the market, there is no way to convince other people about selling buying bitcoin. it is really impossible. but if you can effect the price a bit you can find some followers.
Activity: 223
Merit: 100
March 04, 2018, 01:44:09 PM
Yeah. It can be manipulate by the owner of some applications. But my opinion really is why can bitcoin manipulate by someone. Its a digital currency by a system who made by satoshi. It is a program that its automatic will fall or rise the amount. But i observed is the other applications that can convert into peso is not the same with real bitcoins.
Definitely not. It needs so much community to help the bitcoin price to go up. Its really hard. But we can do things that enable to convince investors to invest here so that the price will possibly can rise up to your expected price if that is being successful.
Activity: 546
Merit: 33
Rasputin Party Mansion
March 04, 2018, 09:59:13 AM
It's very possible the manipulation of the price by a group of whales, and probably it happens.
But it's more simple to manipulate the price just paying a politician to make some declarations: the cryptomarket is made by inexperienced trader, they believe anything, so any declaration - even a completely false and stupid one - will have an immediate effect on the price.
Activity: 322
Merit: 10
March 04, 2018, 06:35:48 AM
In my opinion,well it is too impossible to manipulate the price of bitcoin unless if you are a big investors who has a billions of dolllars that can  afford to invest into  bitcoin with such amount. I think in that case you can increase the value of it anyhow. But we need to understand why Bitcoin will increase prices and reduce it. Always be aware of it.
Activity: 476
Merit: 101
March 04, 2018, 04:02:38 AM
If you are one of the people in the whale community then it's very easy to drop the price or make it skyrocket. But some organized telegram pump and dump groups with thousand of members have done it but not very often.
Activity: 700
Merit: 252
March 04, 2018, 03:57:17 AM
We "the small players" can't influence/manipulate bitcoin price but a group of mighty and rich people is affecting bitcoin value on daily basis. Their strategy works fine (fashion in which they earn in both scenarios, both ups and downs). they possess the right information about price movement so investing for them is always secure and profitable. others just need to rely on the luck.
Activity: 168
Merit: 1
March 04, 2018, 03:50:51 AM
Yes if some people with the big amount of bitcoin because no one is holding the price of bitcoin.  If people will sell the bitcoin in the same price. Some users are trying to manipulate the price by doing some news that can cause to crash bitcoin price.
Activity: 102
Merit: 14
WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN
March 04, 2018, 03:07:48 AM
Not really we cant. Manipulation of bitcoin price will require immense coordination between the forum people and also large amount of funds. The only thing that cant manipulate bitcoin price is either whales or the governments of the countries by spreading FUD and creating panic sell. Manipulation bitcoin price is quite difficult as its price is quite high and people all over the world hold it. On the other side we can manipulate prices of alts though. the market cap is low and so are the prices, so it is easy to hold or increase current price of alts that are low in value and supply.
Activity: 448
Merit: 100
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
March 04, 2018, 02:35:35 AM
Yes,  some of the big players may actually manipulate the price by just using their influence to inject the FUD into the mind of the people that will reflect to the movements of the price. But for me,  I think it is better this way that the price fluctuates because it will always give an opportunity to earn more.
Activity: 2744
Merit: 541
Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man
March 04, 2018, 02:30:41 AM
I know there are many big players who manipulate bitcoin price and make huge profits but can we the bitcointalk members also form a cartel and let bitcoin price never fall?is it possible that we manipulate price as I am sure most of bitcoin users visit this forum
unless we can create a large groups that can stand as one,there we can manipulate this market,as we know that whales are doing this things..if we can act together in one reason to manipulate the market yes we can do this.organize group only is the key for this
Activity: 160
Merit: 3
March 04, 2018, 01:59:31 AM
In my opinion, it's a big NO!, Any ordinary bit coin user can't manipulate bitcoin price but i think only the founder of this or the one who created the system can manipulate bitcoin price.
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
March 04, 2018, 01:21:57 AM
Control the cost of btc is the entire reason bitcoin has a cost. It isn't supported by anything , "control" generally recommend if something worths X and you purchase/offer it for something other then X , higher or lower.
Activity: 58
Merit: 0
March 03, 2018, 11:37:59 PM
Yeah. It can be manipulate by the owner of some applications. But my opinion really is why can bitcoin manipulate by someone. Its a digital currency by a system who made by satoshi. It is a program that its automatic will fall or rise the amount. But i observed is the other applications that can convert into peso is not the same with real bitcoins.
Activity: 406
Merit: 117
March 03, 2018, 11:28:35 PM
O think no and only the season can do that like Christmass.

The qualified to manipulate the bitcoin market at this time are persons who have large amounts of fiat and those who have immense quantities of bitcoins because they have a lot of cash and bitcoin also, so somebody manipulates bitcoin price. There are still sufficiently of whales out there that can manage the value in the way that suits them.
Activity: 224
Merit: 8
March 03, 2018, 08:14:56 PM
Nope we can't manipulate the bitcoin price since it is already program and it is being monitored from the movement of suppy as to corresponds its price. There is a team that monitor all the activity in bitcoin and theae team preserve the dignity of the system. Hence rest assured since bitcoin and it should keep that way in order to maintain its stability of the market for the investors to embrace bitcoin. However the price of bitcoin is too high already and those who are planning to invest with small amount of funds could not be able to purchase 1 bitcoin. Fortunately we have alternative coins. This coins also work like of that itcoin systems. And the good thing there is that the price of this coins could also move from lower price to higher price in fact some of the investors are happy with their invesment after having the good coins they got and selling it in higher prices thus give them high profit. And there are lot altcoins to chose too. Just like the bitschool ICO project. BITSCHOOL is a about E-learning the latest trends of education. For more information you can visit their website with link provided below.

https://www.bitschool.io
copper member
Activity: 350
Merit: 1
March 03, 2018, 08:04:43 PM
I think it's not possible to have a group in here that will manipulate the bitcoin price. It takes a higher trust level that those people will follow what the decision of the group. Although I partly agree that those big whales can do that manipulation as they have all the resources to that.
Pages:
Jump to: