Pages:
Author

Topic: Can we Manipulate Bitcoin price? - page 73. (Read 73493 times)

Activity: 1022
Merit: 538
May 16, 2016, 07:32:08 AM
I know there are many big players who manipulate bitcoin price and make huge profits but can we the bitcointalk members also form a cartel and let bitcoin price never fall?is it possible that we manipulate price as I am sure most of bitcoin users visit this forum
Well yeah I guess that could happen. If there were multiple people that wanted to manipulate the price, they definitely could do it. I have never seen it happen before though.
Activity: 350
Merit: 250
May 16, 2016, 07:21:49 AM
Long term price/trend can not be manipulated.

But what if Satoshi Nakamoto decides to sell these 1 million Bitcoins? This can crash the market even in 2140 when every last Bitcoin has been mined and the price will be obviously more stable than today. Do you think such an event won't cause a massive disruption of the market?

Well we all have to start again to raise the price again. And i believe eventually this exact thing will happen. Remember there are many more holders like satoshi and so are hackers creating a downward pressure. So this kind of coincidence is realistic but should be not taken too seriously.

Activity: 350
Shit, did I leave the stove on?
May 16, 2016, 05:52:16 AM

But what if Satoshi Nakamoto decides to sell these 1 million Bitcoins? This can crash the market even in 2140 when every last Bitcoin has been mined and the price will be obviously more stable than today. Do you think such an event won't cause a massive disruption of the market?
legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1070
May 16, 2016, 03:22:01 AM

so you think that we reached 450 stable, or current value, since the initial value, without manipulation? i don't think so

only when the value will be big enough it won't be easy to mnaiopulate anymore, but any value is manipulated, especially those that come from a ridiculous marketcap
legendary
Activity: 1067
Merit: 1000
May 16, 2016, 01:36:33 AM
Activity: 266
May 16, 2016, 01:00:27 AM
It would be hard for us low holder to manipulate the price since we low holder have no communication on everyone. Unlike those big holders they are communicating when to pump the price.

Only those with stash of bitcoin could make a difference in price, but, us here,  I doubt it if we can.. Most of us here don't even hold one bitcoin...Besides, we all are not thinking as one, there is always a division between us all.. In short, we can't manipulate the price..Speculations threads though has a good effect on the decision of some of us...
Activity: 476
May 15, 2016, 08:26:00 PM
Yes , if you have a big amounts of bitcoins , i think it happens on trading . As long as there's a enough amount to manipulate the price it will be manipulated by any people .
Thats right people who have big capital could very easily make the price go down. he only sold hundreds of bitcoin in the time and the price of bitcoin will falter and fall. This occurs because the user is still small
legendary
Activity: 2058
Merit: 1015
May 15, 2016, 08:08:20 PM
It would be hard for us low holder to manipulate the price since we low holder have no communication on everyone. Unlike those big holders they are communicating when to pump the price.
Activity: 504
Merit: 500
May 15, 2016, 07:40:38 PM
Yes , if you have a big amounts of bitcoins , i think it happens on trading . As long as there's a enough amount to manipulate the price it will be manipulated by any people .
yeah that's why people like satoshi Nakamoto very afraid to come out. because of the gossip he saves more than 1 million bitcoin. of course he will be very easy to manipulate the price very easily
Activity: 1414
Merit: 505
Backed.Finance
May 15, 2016, 07:32:58 PM
Maybe its possible if you are holding a large amount of it. But Bitcoin Prices also fluctuates base on different reasons.Market demands,speculations are some others.We, the bitcoin holders has great role on this bitcoin price,i believe. Wink
legendary
Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427
May 15, 2016, 06:36:11 PM
In my opinion it is possible,  but you need to have buy huge amount of the bitcoin and just hope that there won't be any bitcoin volume is added, if you own 90% of bitcoin i sure you can control the price

LOL! 90%? How did you come up with that number? It will mean that a single entity has control over around 14,000,000 coins....
Activity: 13
Merit: 0
May 15, 2016, 05:35:41 PM
Whales will need a lot bitcoins to make the market moove,as bitcoin pump isnt soo easy to make ,soo if miners get ins the game the pump can be 50 dollars to 100 dollars as long they feel safe with their coins,but to keep the new stable value its harder then make the pump.
Activity: 826
Merit: 1000
May 15, 2016, 04:48:51 PM
In my opinion it is possible,  but you need to have buy huge amount of the bitcoin and just hope that there won't be any bitcoin volume is added, if you own 90% of bitcoin i sure you can control the price

Wales and big traders can  manipulate bitcoin price but it will not change so fast, it's require some time.

Whales can, but do they really want to bother with this?

Most of the whales you are referring to are ex big miners that have huge sums of coins left like KNC for example. That exit their scene for poor customer service and delivery for past old money.

Activity: 434
Merit: 251
May 15, 2016, 04:36:48 PM

Wales and big traders can  manipulate bitcoin price but it will not change so fast, it's require some time.
Activity: 1274
Merit: 516
May 15, 2016, 06:59:19 AM
Activity: 658
Merit: 500
May 15, 2016, 06:51:16 AM
legendary
Activity: 3080
Merit: 1500
May 15, 2016, 05:14:15 AM
Yes, it is possible to manipulate bitcoin price if you have a million worth to be used for trading daily.

For a small investor, it is impossible to do it. SO it is like a distant dream for us. I heard some exchanges are using bots to manipulate bitcoin prices but don't know the truth.
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
May 13, 2016, 03:46:27 PM
you can not control bitcoin market because it is a free market that everyone around the world can join without regulations. there will be always people who want to sell fast so they sell cheap and vice versa
so do not think about it Cheesy

Yes you if you own half of the market cap we currently have. Think of it like an altcoin with a low value. People can dump and pump altcoin when it still has value of atleast 20 sat..

But when incomes to bitcoin it is really impossible to do so because of it's current value.
Activity: 434
Young but I'm not that bold
May 13, 2016, 03:34:08 PM
you can not control bitcoin market because it is a free market that everyone around the world can join without regulations. there will be always people who want to sell fast so they sell cheap and vice versa
so do not think about it Cheesy
Activity: 588
May 13, 2016, 02:59:51 PM
I think yes but we need help of big traders, miners  and many other people who get any link with bitcoin earing/selling/ buying etc.
Pages:
Jump to: