Pages:
Author

Topic: Can we Manipulate Bitcoin price? - page 70. (Read 73493 times)

Activity: 1694
Merit: 502
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
June 13, 2016, 06:31:35 AM
I know there are many big players who manipulate bitcoin price and make huge profits but can we the bitcointalk members also form a cartel and let bitcoin price never fall?is it possible that we manipulate price as I am sure most of bitcoin users visit this forum

I think its possible of course, its just problem how much money someone needs to have to be able to manipulate with btc, now when btc is so expensive. I also think that something like that happened before to btc, in early days people used this fact to earn.

I see how some people manipulate with cheap alt coins, and from that I make conclusions. Normally btc is so expensive now, and not everyone can do this things with btc. Except the knowledge, someone needs to have huge bankroll and to know exactly what to do with all that money. For sure to have a big team with him, this is not one men operation.
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
June 13, 2016, 06:17:15 AM
Reaching 700 in a few hours time. Next target, 720?
legendary
Activity: 3122
Merit: 1398
For support ➡️ help.bc.game
June 12, 2016, 11:26:57 PM
I think that WE - community can do this by different manipulations by selling and buying bitcoins with cheap or very expencive price, but i don't know who much it will change something.

Our role is only to ride the trend and continue what manipulators was started.

That is the reason why price surges to $500 weeks ago. Started by manipulators then the community continues it due to different view of why the price increase.
Activity: 294
June 12, 2016, 07:55:58 PM
you can control bitcoin price in one exchange by making a bot that sells and buy to itself in a specific price level. but what is the benefit from that ? it is waste of time

You could, but that would only manipulate the volume instead of the bitcoin price. I.e. wash trading. Also you'd be losing money from the trading fees that exchanges charge, and you also need a lot of capital.

If you don't have capital, then you can't. If you do have capital, you can.
Activity: 434
Merit: 251
June 12, 2016, 06:07:36 PM
I think that WE - community can do this by different manipulations by selling and buying bitcoins with cheap or very expencive price, but i don't know who much it will change something.
June 12, 2016, 05:46:01 PM
At the current buying rate at Chinese exchanges, we might see a new ATH. The buying craze started with the Chinese exchange. Is it genuine interest? Or is this manipulated?
Activity: 840
Merit: 1000
June 12, 2016, 11:59:12 AM
The price is manipulate  all the time. Even the current price seems the work of some whales. And while we most of the time dislike it. Most of us will be happy now.
Fun thing is that the mood will change, when the dumping (yes after a pump, a dump happens) starts.

Depending on your point of view then everything is manipulated however the current price rise is definitely not manipulated but it is because of the hype. We are getting near to halving and the price will keep on increasing until some point before it will be dumped hard in the end when it cant get higher anymore
Activity: 714
Merit: 500
June 12, 2016, 11:54:09 AM
The price is manipulate  all the time. Even the current price seems the work of some whales. And while we most of the time dislike it. Most of us will be happy now.
Fun thing is that the mood will change, when the dumping (yes after a pump, a dump happens) starts.
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
June 12, 2016, 07:56:08 AM
I know there are many big players who manipulate bitcoin price and make huge profits but can we the bitcointalk members also form a cartel and let bitcoin price never fall?is it possible that we manipulate price as I am sure most of bitcoin users visit this forum

We can manipulate it i think all big holder of bitcoin is here but i think they didnt want to join in your want that this price of bitcoin will not fall. But they can do it but they dont want because it is their job to buy at low sell at high if the price of bitcoin didnt fall they cant earn on it. So your plan is not good at traders.
i doubt that it is possible to manipulate the price for every big holder

only a huge whale can manipulate the price if he has at least ten thousand bitcoins to sell or buy
legendary
Activity: 1036
Merit: 1002
June 12, 2016, 07:52:27 AM

We can manipulate it i think all big holder of bitcoin is here but i think they didnt want to join in your want that this price of bitcoin will not fall. But they can do it but they dont want because it is their job to buy at low sell at high if the price of bitcoin didnt fall they cant earn on it. So your plan is not good at traders.
Activity: 434
Young but I'm not that bold
June 12, 2016, 07:46:50 AM
you can control bitcoin price in one exchange by making a bot that sells and buy to itself in a specific price level. but what is the benefit from that ? it is waste of time
June 12, 2016, 07:42:26 AM

back in 2012-13 it was quite fun playing the markets and there were a couple good groups doing it. but to be honest, it would take alot of trust now. alot of the big holders would not dare throw all their stash into an exchange. we only put a couple percent at most in just for fun.

but if u found a way to convince 1 million people to each just put a buy order in at 430, even if it was $10 each that would be a 22,000 btc wall.

i dont see it happening now. the trust not only of groups, but also of the exchanges itself has eroded. and its better for the whole economy to have natural real trades instead of order manipulations

We should try and do a community bullwhale wall. That could actually be a wicked cool social experiment.
You got some free time to try and arrange it?

The problem of doing such things is that it is hard to manage large amount of group and therefore people always choose to go with smaller group besides that there will always be a traitor that tries to sell when everyone is plan on buying. You know that better than me ofc bob, you and your pumpgroup
Activity: 3052
Merit: 606
June 12, 2016, 07:28:35 AM
I think if all of us in this forum agree to sell the forum on a specific rate then I think on a few exchanges we will see the same price which we wanted to get, bt not all over the world.
That would not be possible because we have our won interest and there is no assurance that everybody will cooperate as because as human as we are we are greedy speaking of money. The fact that we don't know each other due to the anonymous nature of bitcoins it is so impossible. Let us not think of doing that because at the current state the price is already moving even no one is manipulating, the demand of the people make the price move upwards.
legendary
Activity: 1008
Making money since I was in the womb! @emc2whale
June 12, 2016, 07:26:45 AM

back in 2012-13 it was quite fun playing the markets and there were a couple good groups doing it. but to be honest, it would take alot of trust now. alot of the big holders would not dare throw all their stash into an exchange. we only put a couple percent at most in just for fun.

but if u found a way to convince 1 million people to each just put a buy order in at 430, even if it was $10 each that would be a 22,000 btc wall.

i dont see it happening now. the trust not only of groups, but also of the exchanges itself has eroded. and its better for the whole economy to have natural real trades instead of order manipulations

We should try and do a community bullwhale wall. That could actually be a wicked cool social experiment.
You got some free time to try and arrange it?
June 12, 2016, 07:25:12 AM
if you have a lot of bitcoins or a lt of fiat then you surely can manipulate the price as you can sell or buy a lot and push or dump the price

Thats just stupid, thats means you are sacrificing your bitcoin to do that while there are other chance to manipulate it. For example creating buy pressure by making thousand of bitcoin buy order incase you have the money or create thousand of huge sell order to scare the small fish
Activity: 462
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
June 12, 2016, 07:20:37 AM
if you have a lot of bitcoins or a lt of fiat then you surely can manipulate the price as you can sell or buy a lot and push or dump the price
Activity: 575
June 12, 2016, 07:00:45 AM
I think if all of us in this forum agree to sell the forum on a specific rate then I think on a few exchanges we will see the same price which we wanted to get, bt not all over the world.
June 12, 2016, 06:52:05 AM
What if the exchange and the big buyers are the same people? There's no market regulations regarding insider tradings in the world of cryptocurrency.

Anything is possible in this highly manipulated market....

Probably almost times yes, But not always, sometimes the price responds to many other market conditions only.

I guess we just need the Chinese market to start the panic buying. The rest of us stand to gain. Smiley I assuming the only reason that bitcoin price would crash is due to Satoshi moving his coins.
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
June 12, 2016, 05:02:55 AM
We can bro.But not for simple users.We need a lot of money maybe a million dollars to control and manipulte bitcoins price.Because you must be holding alot of stocs to manipulate its price.It's possible for rich persons.And big stock holders
That could not happen now because majority of the holders of bitcoins is holding a decent amount of bitcoins and if you want to manipulate the price of bitcoins you need their full cooperation to make it happen and I doubt if they will because every holder has its own interest with bitcoins either for short term or long term investment. Let us just use bitcoins in a proper way and not to manipulate it for our own good. Let us help the community to grow.
As what the other user said, we can. Yes we can but it requires really big capital to do so. My speculation is we need atleast 1million btc like what satoshi's wallet currently holds then if we already have this such amount we could manipulate btc value to 10-20% of its current price making it dump 10-20% or pump it with same percentage.
Activity: 630
Cryptocurrency Wallet - Denaro.io
June 12, 2016, 04:30:19 AM

What's the point of manipulating the price all the way up? As far as I know this would make bitcoin a man made ponzi scheme in itself. Nobody's selling and everyone's buying. No point at all to keep BTC prices artificially high.

This could be done in theory but requires lots of funds. Also keep in mind there are only so many people that is going to sell coins to you.

But you can simply apply the trading scene for bitcoin price up as you can see if theres many buy  on coins the more price will be up and the more sell happens the more it die and that is really happening now many people are buying bitcoins for good thats why we experience good price rally and it will continue for this days if many people will still buy.
Pages:
Jump to: