Pages:
Author

Topic: Can we Manipulate Bitcoin price? - page 8. (Read 73493 times)

Activity: 12
Merit: 0
March 06, 2018, 06:32:37 AM
The normal people no.
But the ones the in economy are call "Big Dogs" absolutely yes.
Activity: 434
Merit: 104
March 06, 2018, 06:13:15 AM
Whales always be the victorious even we combined forces but there's one thing we can do as a individual we can let people know what is the good thing about bitcoin, we can encourage them by not believing in FUD at least we can minimized or we can convince people to not contribute in the dump.
Activity: 490
Merit: 107
March 06, 2018, 05:06:27 AM
We would need a lot of resources to manipulate the Bitcoin price like other big whale speculators are doing at the moment and I don't think we here on Bitcointalk have the capital to do so.If some groups/companies have the capacity to hoard the supply of bitcoins, that would greatly affect the price of bitcoins because of the supply and demand rule.
Yeah I don’t  know  if there  are investors  has a resource  that  could manipulate the whole market  cap  of bitcoin  if seems  that  you will need  enough  resources to do that .  Bitcoin  prices  I think  is the reactions  of natural  of  the masses  when  there  are some Negative issues  that  would affect  the price.
Activity: 14
March 06, 2018, 04:54:57 AM
We would need a lot of resources to manipulate the Bitcoin price like other big whale speculators are doing at the moment and I don't think we here on Bitcointalk have the capital to do so.If some groups/companies have the capacity to hoard the supply of bitcoins, that would greatly affect the price of bitcoins because of the supply and demand rule.
Activity: 452
Merit: 7
March 06, 2018, 04:42:08 AM
we are only small participants, even when we have gathered everything in a place we can not control the price, do not be mistaken)
Activity: 352
Merit: 10
March 06, 2018, 03:43:09 AM
It's possible if we as community team up and form a massive amount of buy support, but the fact is that the majority of the people here are small holders and have barely a reasonable amount of money to have an impact on the price, even not with plenty of these people.

I can remember that it happened with certain altcoins back in 2014 where the whole community of that altcoin used to give a certain coin a massive pump. I think a good example of that is BlackCoin. It got pumped like there is no tomorrow, and it fell down again like there is no tomorrow at some point.
We wont need much money all we would need is a strong commitment from each member that they wont sell their coins till the predetermined price is achieved.This will create demand and supply gap in market to some extent that will benefit all of us
well said, you're right price will rise when they really demand more bitcoin and less supplier.
Activity: 1540
Merit: 219
March 06, 2018, 03:42:36 AM
I know there are many big players who manipulate bitcoin price and make huge profits but can we the bitcointalk members also form a cartel and let bitcoin price never fall?is it possible that we manipulate price as I am sure most of bitcoin users visit this forum
Yes, we can manipulate the price of bitcoin. But before we doing that we need an high investments or high funds just to execute the pump and dump strategy. But in this bitcointalk im not sure we make it because only rich people can manipulate the price of the bitcoin and in addition government can't manipulate the price too.
Activity: 854
Merit: 140
March 06, 2018, 03:23:37 AM
Yes, I believe it is possible to manipulate the price of bitcoin on the crypto-currencies trading market, but in order to be able to manipulate the price of bitcoin, huge amount of funds are needed to execute the pump and dump strategy within a short time frame.
For me, we cannot do it. But we can do something to convince or to encourage many investors to invest in bitcoin so that the demand of bitcoin will rise up and because of that the price will also rise up accordingly. We can promote using this forum and any other sector like social media.
Its easier to said than being done, since we all know that most conventional investors are trader who use forum and social media to read news while big investor or whales have a large sum of money that can be easily used to move the market. Take an example of 1k people with $1k worth of bitcoin versus 1 or 2 investor with $5M -10M in hand, its more like financial institutions are hedghing against society
Activity: 350
March 06, 2018, 03:17:46 AM
   We need lots resource to manipulate bitcoin preparation .
The same as a big whale speculators make at the moment and I can
not really imagine that needs a capita to do so.we would need
millions of dollars in bitcoin to make a change in prices .
Theoretically speaking what the value of bitcoin could we gather
if we pool all of our coins into a mutual fund !
I do not even think that we will start to scratch on a surface
with a honest .do you know what super treasure on bitcoin forum
members have working on.
Activity: 401
Merit: 100
March 06, 2018, 02:30:45 AM
Nope. There's always someone with more money and more greed out there waiting to play you. And let's not get started on some of the exchanges themshelves.

We can manipulate bitcoin price if we only agree on one thing. But as I can see now, there are dumpers and whales who wants the price to stay low, and there are people who pump the price to increase it, there those two work together and didn't work apart then manipulation of the price of bitcoin will be achievable.
Activity: 644
Merit: 117
swing!
March 06, 2018, 01:41:11 AM
No a single entity would able to do so as the ownership if bitcoins are pretry much scattered very widely and I think hardly would anybody have 10 % of the total supply, but still bitcoin is manipulatable through simply news or chain reaction that drive toward a specific trend. These are dony by person controlling the channel of information itself so its not necessary that one person could play with it, but an organized role of maij influences could achieve it
Activity: 134
March 06, 2018, 01:30:42 AM
for me not to manipulate the price of bitcoin, no one knows if bitcoin value will increase or decrease. it still depends on the volume of bitcoin buyers and sellers nationwide. value of Bitcoin is unpredictable.
Activity: 112
March 06, 2018, 12:51:19 AM
Everything can be manipulated so the bitcoin market will be no exception to that. It is not easy but just notice how the bitcoin price can go up and down when news is released. Investors, companies or whoever can publish fake news to influence the bitcoin market. Good news will increase the price of the bitcoin and negative news (like a country banning or taking measures against bitcoins) will result in a price drop... Also dumping a lot of bitcoins at the same time, or buy heaps can influence the market of course but you will need lots and lots of money before you can achieve that. So manipulating the market can be done but it is not always that easy...
Activity: 182
March 06, 2018, 12:34:42 AM
Woooh we can spread the crypto to make it more famous and more person  will be interested so that  a lot more will learn and invest that will be our part to make btc rise a bigger amount but we don't have the power to take a totally control out of it
Activity: 182
March 06, 2018, 12:29:20 AM
We could not control bitcoin as is we can do nothing to control it. There are more investors out there that can manipulate this system. We doesn't have an idea if how more they are. Manipulating bitcoin is the act of big investors in bitcoin. Probably this people are the owner of big corporation in the world.
Activity: 714
Merit: 260
March 06, 2018, 12:18:25 AM
I know there are many big players who manipulate bitcoin price and make huge profits but can we the bitcointalk members also form a cartel and let bitcoin price never fall?is it possible that we manipulate price as I am sure most of bitcoin users visit this forum
we have no capacity as we are just small investor,miner or holder..our funds wasnt enough to make the market even react when we do some moves.but if we will have a power together.if theres some good reputation users that will make some groups for us to be together,i think we can do same as the whales are doing
Activity: 1680
Merit: 535
Bitcoin- in bullish time
March 06, 2018, 12:03:42 AM
If all users here invest in btc in huge amount theres a posibilty that the price are manipulated so we can determine the exact amount of btc that will go in stable value so we can see, acknowledge and to analyze what happen if we manipulate btc price.
maybe bitcoin prices can be manipulated, but I think it's very risky for the man who manipulates it, and of course it will benefit the hold. well, this has happened in the previous year, and I think for now the bitcoin price is very difficult to manipulate.
Most of the people who manipulate the market are the whales and since they are whales, they have a lot of money and when they have a lot of money then they know what to do with it so it is not risky for them to manipulate the price because they know how to play this game and they know how to multiply their money using their strategy in manipulating the market.
legendary
Activity: 2758
Merit: 1004
PredX - AI-Powered Prediction Market
March 05, 2018, 11:16:03 PM
If all users here invest in btc in huge amount theres a posibilty that the price are manipulated so we can determine the exact amount of btc that will go in stable value so we can see, acknowledge and to analyze what happen if we manipulate btc price.
maybe bitcoin prices can be manipulated, but I think it's very risky for the man who manipulates it, and of course it will benefit the hold. well, this has happened in the previous year, and I think for now the bitcoin price is very difficult to manipulate.
Activity: 378
March 05, 2018, 11:01:06 PM
Activity: 1428
Merit: 252
March 05, 2018, 10:41:46 PM
Yes, I believe it is possible to manipulate the price of bitcoin on the crypto-currencies trading market, but in order to be able to manipulate the price of bitcoin, huge amount of funds are needed to execute the pump and dump strategy within a short time frame.

Yes, I'm sure that the price is the result of engineering of many exchanges, we all know that the greatest exchanges today come from China, they are supported with unlimited money and know each other so as to determine the price of bitcoin, of course their goal is to profit of rising or falling bitcoin prices.
Pages:
Jump to: