Pages:
Author

Topic: Can you stop calling Bitcoin an investment? - page 20. (Read 2652 times)

Activity: 207
Merit: 100
Well in my own opinion bitcoin is a virtual currency we can call it investment because if you buy bitcoin and hold it for a long term we can call it investment.that's  my opinion only.
Activity: 504
Merit: 101
Bitcoin is a cryptocurrency but you can call it what ever you like. Calling it as investment will also fit to it. Because anything that you put your money into it and waiting for the period of time and expecting if it will gain or lose is called investment. Investing is a gambling also so you are right too.
Activity: 653
Merit: 10
I can’t stop calling bitcoin as investment, because I have take profit with making investment on bitcoin. what have we call about bitcoin if don’t have investment calling, check how the bitcoin is working, like investment system where we buy at lower and sell on higher price, the same like investment working.
Activity: 378
Merit: 16
I think you're right, it's a danger to cryptocurrency itself because somebody's assumption of bitcoin is an investment, whereas the main purpose of BTC itself is to be a transactional tool, although it is difficult to materialize because of obstacles from some governments that limit the space for BTC to move forward
Activity: 490
I think bitcoin as an investment opportunity to make a profit, I'm sure that doing bitcoin investment to get profit through bitcoin may be different people's opinion.
Activity: 150
I believe people are investing in bitcoin because of the dynamic nature of its market price. Its true that bitcoin was meant to be a digital currency, but a lot of people are into bitcoin just to invest and profit. I believe they are definitely gambling with their market.. Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
Activity: 616
yes at the first time bitcoin is introduced for digital currency and not be the investment media, but I think when people see the demand of bitcoin is increase and decrease that makes the price of bitcoin is changing every time, they think that want to use bitcoin for investment media, its not a goal of bitcoin, the goal of bitcoin is bitcoin become a digital currency
Activity: 532
Merit: 101
if the goal satoshi not that, but now some people think of it as an investment. especially last year when it cost $ 20,000. people put their money hoping to get rich. those newly joined will think this is a place for a better economy, so they will think to invest it
Activity: 207
Merit: 0
I know what's OP sentiments and I think it's not yet too late for it hence it still depends on people on how they use it. Like we can't force everyone to use it as a currency when they see it growing over time. Many of us treat bitcoin as a valuable like gold and don't want to spend it for purchasing. And right now, even it's not yet late it's still hard to change it especially if people see this as the future.

the initial stage of bitcoin development is as a medium of exchange that has a unique algorithm, but ultimately popularly becoming a business pattern associated with investment in the exchange market, these two things can not be separated as different terms, but the investment is not included in the ponzi system and so on, My assumption that bitcoin is an investment is to support the overall fundamental price movement, so the assumptions will change when people really know it. I agree with op, but it takes time to explain to others.
Activity: 658
Can you stop calling Bitcoin an investment?

This damages the cryptocurrency. Bitcoin was not created to become an investment. Before Bitcoin, there were some digital currencies years back, the goal was always to be able to create a (digital) currency free from central banks and governments.
Cypherpunks and other anarcho-capitalists are at the origin of this idea, perhaps 20 or 30 years ago. None were intended to make an investment to be rich quickly.
You won't find in the white paper "investing" mentioned, you won't find any post from Satoshi mentioning it

Considering Bitcoin as an investment, this is the reason why we have more and more regulations, G20 summits and others craps, KYC, etc...
The word "Crypto-assets" didn't exist before, why did they create it? Because you even consider it an investment, then why shouldn't they?
Bitcoin could be a lot more accepted and used by now. Why should a merchant agree to be paid in Bitcoin? He wants money, not a piece of your investment.

You're not even investing, you are just gambling with money.
Go to the altcoins board, you will surely find plenty of ICOs where you can say you invested in. I have something for you, ICOs used to raise money are no different than "Crowdfunding". If you want to invest then there are a lot of Crowdfunding websites where you can invest in real startups with fewer risks, (you won't find any project using photos from Pixabay...)

Why don't we see cryptographers anymore? Guess the reasons
Sorry I have mixed opinions with you. I think Bitcoin should just be an investment. I'm just a businessman and want to make money in the cryptocurrency market and I totally do not understand much about technology.
So I often call bitcoin an investment because I use it to make money and have no other purpose.
Activity: 456
I know what's OP sentiments and I think it's not yet too late for it hence it still depends on people on how they use it. Like we can't force everyone to use it as a currency when they see it growing over time. Many of us treat bitcoin as a valuable like gold and don't want to spend it for purchasing. And right now, even it's not yet late it's still hard to change it especially if people see this as the future.
Activity: 1120
Merit: 13
Sorry, Bitcoin is becoming investment already and every new people are joining in the cryptocurrency and they investing money as an investment. So, you can't change them now. Day by day, FUDD, Panic people will increase in the crypto field. We have to be ready to control them.
Activity: 1009
Merit: 328
The limited supply and the distribution process leads to the analogy of gold. It's not hard to also see the similarity of something that was once a universally used as currency also being considered an asset and therefore an investment. While I don't disagree with what you say I think it is inevitable and unavoidable that many people will view Bitcoin as digital gold and an investment.
yes true, bitcoin is like digital gold, everyone can pay with gold and everyone can invest with gold, who does not want gold? is gold only for payment? I do not think so!
Bitcoin can be mined, gold can be mined, so I think both have a lot of similarity and one of them as payment and investment is not just as a payment
Bitcoin is a digital crypto currency and it is not necesary to called it as an investment, Normaly it is use as an investment that is why some other people around really called it as an investment. But for me we don't have to called it as an investment because bitcoin has used in many ways of gaining not only on investing.
Activity: 406
CRYPTOBLADES Octoblades 10.10
Well people have different opinion and the way they see things as they really are, some see it as way of getting  rich by involving in it through many different ways like joining in bounty and the likes, others buy bitcoin as form of investment where they can profit and also not to mention that it is a digital currency where they can use in any transaction whenever, wherever they are.
Activity: 569
Merit: 250
The limited supply and the distribution process leads to the analogy of gold. It's not hard to also see the similarity of something that was once a universally used as currency also being considered an asset and therefore an investment. While I don't disagree with what you say I think it is inevitable and unavoidable that many people will view Bitcoin as digital gold and an investment.
yes true, bitcoin is like digital gold, everyone can pay with gold and everyone can invest with gold, who does not want gold? is gold only for payment? I do not think so!
Bitcoin can be mined, gold can be mined, so I think both have a lot of similarity and one of them as payment and investment is not just as a payment
Activity: 145
Merit: 0

This damages the cryptocurrency. Bitcoin was not created to become an investment. Before Bitcoin, there were some digital currencies years back, the goal was always to be able to create a (digital) currency free from central banks and governments.
Cypherpunks and other anarcho-capitalists are at the origin of this idea, perhaps 20 or 30 years ago. None were intended to make an investment to be rich quickly.
You won't find in the white paper "investing" mentioned, you won't find any post from Satoshi mentioning it

Considering Bitcoin as an investment, this is the reason why we have more and more regulations, G20 summits and others craps, KYC, etc...
The word "Crypto-assets" didn't exist before, why did they create it? Because you even consider it an investment, then why shouldn't they?
Bitcoin could be a lot more accepted and used by now. Why should a merchant agree to be paid in Bitcoin? He wants money, not a piece of your investment.

Go to the altcoins board, you will surely find plenty of ICOs where you can say you invested in. I have something for you, ICOs used to raise money are no different than "Crowdfunding". If you want to invest then there are a lot of Crowdfunding websites where you can invest in real startups with fewer risks, (you won't find any project using photos from Pixabay...)

do not be narrow minded, if bitcoin is only used as a means of payment then it will be as popular as this? which makes people interested in bitcoin is the high volatile. although it is very risky but many people are able to receive it because it has good prospects in the future.
Activity: 196
Merit: 1

I agree with your sentiments. I’d also like to see bitcoin become what it was designed to be –and that is to be a legit, virtual currency. Although don’t get me wrong. I’m glad to see people finding success in their investments. But for bitcoin to truly become mainstream, we have to use it like money. We are at a digital age right now. We might as well go high-tech all the way, right?
Activity: 854
Merit: 500
I completely agree with you, but after the sudden rise of Bitcoin's price in the market, has been known as one of profitable high risk, high reward investment in the internet and that people started calling it as an asset. Since then, all this medias has had a bad image for Bitcoin calling it a bubble and a scam which in fact it is not a business or an asset to invest to begin with. I think people will continue to see this as an investment because investors are giving them hope and an image.

How people stop calling bitcoin as an asset when they gain profit from it as they keep on their wallet and the price increasing. Even it is being created to be used for payment system improvement in online, people believe that with the small volume it can produce huge earning. Asset can be lose or grow depends on how you handle it, but some asset do not lose value, it can be stable but never goes down, and increase for the time being unlike bitcoin that is very volatile.
yes! I absolutely agree in this statement! bitcoin is not an investment. as this cryptocurrency created, bitcoin is not made for what sp called invest. the main purpose why the bitcoin is created is to fast the negotiations and transactions in the online world so they used it as online money. until now it is the main purpose.but the people find a way to earn in this so that it is happened
Activity: 952
Merit: 107
I completely agree with you, but after the sudden rise of Bitcoin's price in the market, has been known as one of profitable high risk, high reward investment in the internet and that people started calling it as an asset. Since then, all this medias has had a bad image for Bitcoin calling it a bubble and a scam which in fact it is not a business or an asset to invest to begin with. I think people will continue to see this as an investment because investors are giving them hope and an image.

How people stop calling bitcoin as an asset when they gain profit from it as they keep on their wallet and the price increasing. Even it is being created to be used for payment system improvement in online, people believe that with the small volume it can produce huge earning. Asset can be lose or grow depends on how you handle it, but some asset do not lose value, it can be stable but never goes down, and increase for the time being unlike bitcoin that is very volatile.
Activity: 782
Merit: 500

Ultimately it doesn't matter what bitcoin was created for, what matters is how people utilize it.
Pages:
Jump to: