Pages:
Author

Topic: Can you stop calling Bitcoin an investment? - page 16. (Read 2652 times)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0
This is a nice post to read for me as a new comer in bitcoin. As I know from my friend that bitcoin can be defined as an investment, therefore I am interested in involving in this forum to know more. Whatever the definition of bitcoin, I eager to to know more. 
Activity: 96
Merit: 10
This is true but you are not going to stop all the people in here that is just putting their money in here because of that, because for them, this is just another speculative investment
Activity: 56
I disagree with you...
BTC is a currency with high demands/ it is an Asset, the demand for it is more than the supply, people hold onto it and not wanting to sell with the hope of it appreciating, I personally sold my house in order to buy a BTC at its lowest dip and I can boast of thousand of dollars increase,
So why call it just a currency..BTC is an investment hero member
Activity: 50
Merit: 2
Bitcoin could be an investment depending on what you do with it.
Activity: 1932
Merit: 504
i think bitcoin can't be as payment with some problem that already occur. nowadays people start to make bitcoin as investment because they know bitcoin price will come higher  by time and they believe it even price is so volatile. if bitcoin can be digital currency, it will easier to accept by government. but in a fact is that thing not happen yet
Activity: 224
It depends on the person who wants to call it but in my opinion it will be very difficult because bitcoin is indeed an investment place that can benefit anyone who invests in it.
Activity: 266
Thats my exact taught and I think is high time we stop referring to bitcoins as investment. The fact that you hold it and it appreciate sometimes doesn't make it an investment. It was simply made as a form of payment between peers and the demand of its lead to the price hikes. It don't necessary means it should be considered as investment.
Activity: 225
Merit: 1
We can stop saying that bitcoin is an investment if bitcoin can really function as a currency. If bitcoin can make improvements as a currency then people can easily use bitcoin for transactions. Changes that must be presented by bitcoin include increasing the number of bitcoin. The amount of bitcoin that is only 21 million for the whole world is not enough because if the amount is limited then the transaction wheel cannot run smoothly.
Activity: 384
Merit: 100
Of course, I can. Bitcoin can be called like an investment because its value will increase over time. But some people say that bitcoin is a digital currency. Although different opinions, but both of them are right in my opinion. So there is no need to justify that.
Activity: 364
Now bitcoin is basically an investment tool, so there is very little opportunity to use it as a cryptocurrency. Its currency development needs more time.
Activity: 560
In my opinion, it is very difficult to stop saying bitcoin as an investment because bitcoin is really an investment. Bitcoin is better known as an investment than a payment instrument. Many people use bitcoin as an investment rather than as a currency. Indeed bitcoin has not been maximized in carrying out its function as a currency that can be used as a payment instrument. I think that bitcoin still doesn't function as a means of payment because the price tends to be unstable and very volatile. If bitcoin is still used as a payment instrument, it can be detrimental to one party because of this unstable price.
Activity: 1098
Merit: 500
Unfortunately, bitcoin is only an investment for me at this point in time. I have no desire to spend it, because it is not profitable now, as long as the price is unstable.
Activity: 602
You're right, but the fact is that people prefer to make bitcoin as an asset and also as a place to save money as an alternative bank. In my opinion, with many people choosing to hold, bitcoin is more likely to be used as an investment.
Activity: 92
The original idea behind bitcoin was to facilitate the exchange of goods and services peer-to-peer and across boundaries without the need for an intermediary. The dream is being shadowed with bitcoin being primarily used as an investment vehicle. You are very well correct to say that
Activity: 770
Merit: 102
I think there is nothing to argue about, when someone says bitcoin is an investment. Because when someone buys bitcoin, of course they hope to get the benefits of bitcoin, both through the short and long term they will travel. So it turns out that bitcoin is a cryptocurrency investment that is currently favored by many people and has a lot of trust and the price of bitcoin is still the highest among other crypto.
Activity: 1218
Merit: 534
The thing is a lot of bitcoin supporters are simply holders and they are not actively spending their btc.  It doesn't make sense to spend a currency when its likely to rise exponentially in the future.  Once bitcoin price stabilizes much more people will be willing to spend it on everyday transactions.
Activity: 159
Can you stop calling Bitcoin an investment?
That's impossible.
Currently I am considering bitcoin as my main source of income and investment. And I still believe that investors are still quite confident in this cryptocurrency market.
Moreover, blockchain technology is the future technology.
Activity: 386
the reality now is indeed like that, a lot of people come in and buy bitcoin as their investment assets like property and gold, not as  digital currency. It's actually very harming because bitcoin comes with the concept of currency rather than as investment assets but want more, how many people are infatuated with the price of the bitcoin.
Activity: 882
Merit: 110
The limited supply and the distribution process leads to the analogy of gold. It's not hard to also see the similarity of something that was once a universally used as currency also being considered an asset and therefore an investment. While I don't disagree with what you say I think it is inevitable and unavoidable that many people will view Bitcoin as digital gold and an investment.
Bitcoin's limited supply that causes many people to stop to call bitcoins as an investment, this happens because someone is increasingly motivated to go to bitcoin and invests in large amounts to get profit.
Activity: 3
Regardless, people viewing it as an investment still caters to the original goals of crypto
Pages:
Jump to: