Pages:
Author

Topic: Can you stop calling Bitcoin an investment? - page 17. (Read 2652 times)

Activity: 658
Merit: 503
Well Bitcoin is a decentralized currency and people are free to use it as they want. You cant stop them from doing it. Also you wont see the adoption of Bitcoin without it giving something in return to the people. Bitcoin works very well as a store of value.
Activity: 122
Merit: 10
Do what needs to be done.
What it is? You give bananas for it? You get it free? I don't think so. It's high risk investment. Smiley
Activity: 1232
Merit: 738
Mixing reinvented for your privacy | chipmixer.com
Take the US Dollar as an example. This currency wasn't created to become an investment, but what is the fact? The fact is , Dollar as well as some other strong currencies is hoarded for sure. Why? Because such currencies promise to be profitable.
noone is hoarding USD as investment, people or businesses hold USD to hedge their assets/capitals
particularly those who are heavily doing export/import or any business in USD terms
holding enough USD would protect their buying power for the next few months and reduce currency exchange rate risk
Activity: 144
Merit: 30
Can you stop calling Bitcoin an investment?

This damages the cryptocurrency. Bitcoin was not created to become an investment. Before Bitcoin, there were some digital currencies years back, the goal was always to be able to create a (digital) currency free from central banks and governments.
Cypherpunks and other anarcho-capitalists are at the origin of this idea, perhaps 20 or 30 years ago. None were intended to make an investment to be rich quickly.
You won't find in the white paper "investing" mentioned, you won't find any post from Satoshi mentioning it

Considering Bitcoin as an investment, this is the reason why we have more and more regulations, G20 summits and others craps, KYC, etc...
The word "Crypto-assets" didn't exist before, why did they create it? Because you even consider it an investment, then why shouldn't they?
Bitcoin could be a lot more accepted and used by now. Why should a merchant agree to be paid in Bitcoin? He wants money, not a piece of your investment.

You're not even investing, you are just gambling with money.
Go to the altcoins board, you will surely find plenty of ICOs where you can say you invested in. I have something for you, ICOs used to raise money are no different than "Crowdfunding". If you want to invest then there are a lot of Crowdfunding websites where you can invest in real startups with fewer risks, (you won't find any project using photos from Pixabay...)

Why don't we see cryptographers anymore? Guess the reasons

Definitely not. Bitcoin can always be considered as investment no matter how you see it. This is how bitcoin is being much more appreciated by people.
Activity: 259
Merit: 76
Yeah, I agree with you. Bitcoin should be used as a method of payment instead of an investment, since its original reason why Bitcoin was created is to facilitate commerce and to become an international medium of exchange. Many people blindly put their money in Bitcoin in order to make a profit without caring its main mission, causing its unsustainable surge last year. If you want Bitcoin  to sustainably grow, the only way is to use it as a method of payment.
When you put your money and want to grow it thats already an investment. Theres nothing wrong with that. And ive heard someone said it is gambling, well a little bit but bigpercent is to invest. I am here to double or triple my money by puting or investing my money to buy bitcoins and sell it when the price is high
Activity: 378
Merit: 114
Bitcoin naming an asset, currency, goods or collectible.
But I think that Bitcoin is not an asset, as it does not generate cash flows for its holders.

This is not a commodity, because it is not a raw material for the production of anything useul.f The only exception, I think, may be if it becomes an essential component of smart contracts. In this case, it is likely that bitcoin will be able to take on the role of the commodity closely to Ethereum, which is valued not so much as currency, but as a kind of "fuel".

The choice is only whether the bitcoin is a currency or a collector's item.
Activity: 420

This damages the cryptocurrency. Bitcoin was not created to become an investment. Before Bitcoin, there were some digital currencies years back, the goal was always to be able to create a (digital) currency free from central banks and governments.
Cypherpunks and other anarcho-capitalists are at the origin of this idea, perhaps 20 or 30 years ago. None were intended to make an investment to be rich quickly.
You won't find in the white paper "investing" mentioned, you won't find any post from Satoshi mentioning it

Considering Bitcoin as an investment, this is the reason why we have more and more regulations, G20 summits and others craps, KYC, etc...
The word "Crypto-assets" didn't exist before, why did they create it? Because you even consider it an investment, then why shouldn't they?
Bitcoin could be a lot more accepted and used by now. Why should a merchant agree to be paid in Bitcoin? He wants money, not a piece of your investment.

Go to the altcoins board, you will surely find plenty of ICOs where you can say you invested in. I have something for you, ICOs used to raise money are no different than "Crowdfunding". If you want to invest then there are a lot of Crowdfunding websites where you can invest in real startups with fewer risks, (you won't find any project using photos from Pixabay...)

Bitcoin supposedly to be a method of payments , a store of value. But because of Its volatility , everybody could not escape to the fact that Bitcoin  now is considered as investment. An asset too with an increasing value by years.
Activity: 1092
Merit: 284
Everyone knows about the function of bitcoin, but because significant price increases make People will continue to see bitcoin as an investment opportunity, due to price volatility and big expectations for prices of 25K or 50K next year. You can not stop them buying bitcoins.
Activity: 620
Merit: 250
Bitcoin is a cryptocurrency, where there is a price movement and there are exchanges in various crypto currency markets, bitcoin prices can go up and can also go down anytime. Means in my opinion it is clear that bitcoin is an investment in cryptocurrency and that is the reality in my opinion.
Activity: 980
Merit: 62

Why not calling an investment? Some people use it in order to store value so it can be an investment by their side.

Have a look at this example: If I live in the USA and I buy CHF currency in order to gain some money from the security interest isn't that an investment?
This will not change the value. For Swiss people, this is not an investment but for me that i live in another country it is.
Activity: 120
For me, I think some people call bitcoin as an investment maybe because when you put your money into bitcoin.. They can earn profit from it like an investment in other things. People now a days is just like that.
Activity: 50
Merit: 0
Yeah, I agree with you. Bitcoin should be used as a method of payment instead of an investment, since its original reason why Bitcoin was created is to facilitate commerce and to become an international medium of exchange. Many people blindly put their money in Bitcoin in order to make a profit without caring its main mission, causing its unsustainable surge last year. If you want Bitcoin  to sustainably grow, the only way is to use it as a method of payment.
Activity: 56
There are some points that I don't share my opinion with you. It is unavoidable that Bitcoin has been an investment. The USD and some other strong currencies have been speculated and considered as an investment other than their main function as a medium of exchange. So does Bitcoin. When it has potential to become internationally used, it will necessarily be treated as a speculative asset.
Activity: 48
Take the US Dollar as an example. This currency wasn't created to become an investment, but what is the fact? The fact is , Dollar as well as some other strong currencies is hoarded for sure. Why? Because such currencies promise to be profitable. Bitcoin is nothing different. Apart from a method of payment, it can be a profitable investment. However, I have to admit that too many people have been putting money into Bitcoin with the view to earning profits. They may forget that Bitcoin was created to become a method of payment, which causes unsustainable growth.
Activity: 52
I don't think that considering Bitcoin as an investment causes obstacles to Bitcoin development. If Bitcoin weren't invested by lots of people, it would still urge governments to lay legal grounds for it and impose regulations on it. Why? Because it is a new method to transfer money and has great impact on their economy as well as social security (Bitcoin is taken advantage for money laundering and buying weapons by criminals).
Activity: 44
There are some points that I don't share my opinion with you. It is unavoidable that Bitcoin has been an investment. The USD and some other strong currencies have been speculated and considered as an investment other than their main function as a medium of exchange. So does Bitcoin. When it has potential to become internationally used, it will necessarily be treated as a speculative asset.
Activity: 166
Merit: 16
That kind of people is not going to stop, so the best thing that you can do is just to stop posting this, most of the people are now considering bitcoin as a money machine at the moment
Activity: 2086
Merit: 501
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
The limited supply and the distribution process leads to the analogy of gold. It's not hard to also see the similarity of something that was once a universally used as currency also being considered an asset and therefore an investment. While I don't disagree with what you say I think it is inevitable and unavoidable that many people will view Bitcoin as digital gold and an investment.

we all know that it is like an investment and there are more investment use by bitcoin so I agree to you that it is an investment because of the similarity in gold.  Yes, it is currency but the price was like a stock market that the price getting bigger and larger but sometimes the price fall into a cheap price.

It is a part of an investment because you can gain profit.
Activity: 328
www.daxico.com
Bitcoins is not mentioned in the original whitepaper as a form of investment but I think profit seeking persons have deduced holding it as a form of investment can be a good decision ,hence bitcoins can be termed as investment.
Activity: 949
Merit: 48
Now bitcoin is more profitable to use it as an investment, at least because there are very few opportunities to spend it. And as an investment it will bring good benefits, why not take advantage of it.
Why do we need to stop calling it as an investment? Do it have effect? Honestly speaking we cant stop people why? Because everyone has its own decision. And it depends on how they see bitcoin, either as a currency or an investment. But whatever you call it as long as it help me financially I wont stop using it.
Yes I agree on that. I believ ethat people will not stop calling bitcoin as an investment because bitcoin is normally use as an investment, it is really an investment and it is already been used from a couple of year until this present time. So then I think bitcoin is really an investment and we don't have to stop calling it as an investment.
Pages:
Jump to: