Pages:
Author

Topic: Can you stop calling Bitcoin an investment? - page 24. (Read 2652 times)

Activity: 560
Merit: 100
Actually bitcoin can stop being called as an investment when bitcoin can function maximally as a currency that runs its main function as a means of payment. If bitcoin has not fulfilled its function as a means of payment then very difficult bitcoin out of the term investment that is more attached to itself. Especially the small amount of bitcoin makes limited edition bitcoin which people are more sorry if used as a means of transaction.
Activity: 224
Merit: 0
Well,  everybody know that bitcoin is a currency, I don’t think there are anything wrong to call it investment. The core meaning is the same, but the way we look at it different, as long as the way we use it.
Activity: 252
Merit: 2
Anything you put your money into with a profitable return is called an investment. There is no changing that fact. And due to the bitcoin's nature today it seems to be like that.

Yes I agree so theres no reason of stop calling bitcoin as an investment because bitcoin is purely created for investment and this is what many people are doing today.
Activity: 256
Merit: 100
Anything you put your money into with a profitable return is called an investment. There is no changing that fact. And due to the bitcoin's nature today it seems to be like that.
copper member
Activity: 455
Bitcoin is made as a cryptocurrency but because of the potency of bitcoin that has an ever-increasing value, so many people hold bitcoin and bitcoin values that can increase in height, they can benefit like an investment.
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1179
Isn't freedom what we want? It also means that people should be able to use Bitcoin as they please, and that without having to justify their actions to any entity. Bitcoin's speculative nature in current severity is temporary.

When people finally get over the crypto craze hype they will either leave or become actual users. I think we'll see it even out and that's actually a good thing since most people in here don't contribute to anything.

I like how mixed people are when it comes to this subject, which means that we're all different and for that reason use Bitcoin differently. Let's just tolerate each other and make people aware of Bitcoin's decentralized power.

More can't we do. You can't force people to do something they don't want to do. It's that simple.
Activity: 461
Merit: 101
Can you stop calling Bitcoin an investment?

This damages the cryptocurrency. Bitcoin was not created to become an investment. Before Bitcoin, there were some digital currencies years back, the goal was always to be able to create a (digital) currency free from central banks and governments.
Cypherpunks and other anarcho-capitalists are at the origin of this idea, perhaps 20 or 30 years ago. None were intended to make an investment to be rich quickly.
You won't find in the white paper "investing" mentioned, you won't find any post from Satoshi mentioning it

Considering Bitcoin as an investment, this is the reason why we have more and more regulations, G20 summits and others craps, KYC, etc...
The word "Crypto-assets" didn't exist before, why did they create it? Because you even consider it an investment, then why shouldn't they?
Bitcoin could be a lot more accepted and used by now. Why should a merchant agree to be paid in Bitcoin? He wants money, not a piece of your investment.

You're not even investing, you are just gambling with money.
Go to the altcoins board, you will surely find plenty of ICOs where you can say you invested in. I have something for you, ICOs used to raise money are no different than "Crowdfunding". If you want to invest then there are a lot of Crowdfunding websites where you can invest in real startups with fewer risks, (you won't find any project using photos from Pixabay...)

Why don't we see cryptographers anymore? Guess the reasons

of course not, the name bitcoin is already attached with the name of the investment

There's no reason to stop calling bitcoin asis an investment. It is really an investment nowadays and you can't force other people if they treating it as it is. In fact it has nothing to do with the system so why would I even stop? Whatever you call bitcoin the function will always be the same so call in whatever you want but for me it's an investment.
Activity: 812
Merit: 250

This damages the cryptocurrency. Bitcoin was not created to become an investment. Before Bitcoin, there were some digital currencies years back, the goal was always to be able to create a (digital) currency free from central banks and governments.
Cypherpunks and other anarcho-capitalists are at the origin of this idea, perhaps 20 or 30 years ago. None were intended to make an investment to be rich quickly.
You won't find in the white paper "investing" mentioned, you won't find any post from Satoshi mentioning it

Considering Bitcoin as an investment, this is the reason why we have more and more regulations, G20 summits and others craps, KYC, etc...
The word "Crypto-assets" didn't exist before, why did they create it? Because you even consider it an investment, then why shouldn't they?
Bitcoin could be a lot more accepted and used by now. Why should a merchant agree to be paid in Bitcoin? He wants money, not a piece of your investment.

Go to the altcoins board, you will surely find plenty of ICOs where you can say you invested in. I have something for you, ICOs used to raise money are no different than "Crowdfunding". If you want to invest then there are a lot of Crowdfunding websites where you can invest in real startups with fewer risks, (you won't find any project using photos from Pixabay...)

of course not, the name bitcoin is already attached with the name of the investment

Why would I even do that if I believe that bitcoin is an investment? For me it's a new form of investment that we should get involved. I dreamt of becoming rich before and now it's coming true because of the help of bitcoin. It transform my financial life in a very positive way. For meme it's really an investment that should be treat as good.
Activity: 31

You don't think bitcoin an investment or because you just mad with people who invest in bitcoin and become rich now. Wink
Activity: 35
You can say bitcoin is not an investment, but to me, bitcoin is an investment, it's a gambling game, there are failures, there is a success. If it fails, it is a lesson for the next investment, if successful you can have the capital to invest in the next project.
Activity: 518
Merit: 14
can not. but that matters a lot of people in my area or where I live. a great deal and already accustomed to call bitcoin as an investment. but if I think the right call is a bitcon is digital money .
legendary
Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427
Important to understand;

If Bitcoin was ever used as money on a large scale, governments would have done everything to ban the crap out of it years ago already.

The only reason we don't see governments try to stop it (discarding the few that do) is because people see it as an investment, store of value, digital Gold, etc. It means that governments don't see it as a threat to their fiat currencies, and I think we should keep it like that, at least for now. In other words, be thankful that people don't use it as often as money as you would have liked it to be used. It allows Bitcoin to keep growing and I prefer it to be like this.

Fiat only has value because we use it every day. If we ignore fiat, it's pretty much worthless and in the same way the government basically is nearly as worthless.
Activity: 180
Merit: 10

copper member
Activity: 168
Your topic has no basement, I disagree with you totally because you have not given any point what Bitcoin is for if it's not investment and store value , if something doesn't have stable value and can change from today price to another at any time and increasing it value as more adoption come then what is that called, the merchant that collect the Bitcoin knows the value and can hold or also dispose at high price but saying why would merchant what to take from someone investment really show you don't know that once there is exchange of Bitcoin to a product the the ownership is swap also and for him to accept the Bitcoin then there is mutual agreement which is part why Bitcoin gain it value.
copper member
Activity: 196
I will take forex as an example, even different countries currency which is backed by the government is able to be use as an investment why do you think crypto cannot be label as an investment. Crypto can be use as a new payment method and not investment instrument but we cannot totally say crypto is not an investment.
Activity: 209
Merit: 12

You have said everything. Bitcoin is definitely not an investment medium. Most of people who see bitcoin as an investment medium and have invested in it are respond for sharing bad information about bitcoin saying its volatile and its bubble due to their loses made as they invested in bitcoin. Bitcoin is a decentralized digital currency.
Activity: 140
I disagree. Bitcoin is an investment because it has matured as a cryptocurrency, and investors see that given its built-in scarcity it is undervalued compared to other currencies and assets. The focus on it by investors and regulators is a natural part of its evolution to becoming mainstream.
Activity: 1360
Merit: 506
It's true that bitcoin was created by Satoshi as a currency and not as an investment.But the secured nature of bitcoin that it could not be hacked and it being totally out of the reach of governments hands and it's unchangeable limited supply has made people to consider it as a high ROI giving asset and they have started to recognise it as an asset.It has become a safe haven for investors who would want to get rich quickly.
legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1163
Where is my ring of blades...
no we can not because it is inevitable that bitcoin becomes an investment. it is a scarce currency with a lot of potential of rising up, it is unique in the whole world and it is growing day by day. all that price rise will bring people who would want it as an investment. it doesn't have to be a bad thing either as long as we don't lose sight of what bitcoin really is which is a currency.
not to mention that every other currency in the world is being traded or invested in too. that is how the Forex market works.
Activity: 854
Merit: 140
Yes bitcoin wasn't made for investment in the first time as it meant to used as alternate currencies, however because of its decentralized and not connected to government then it makes anybody with huge sums of money can manipulate the price and thats what happens when the price started to hike while in reality the implementation of bitcoin for mass purpose payment hasn't become practical and i think thats another reasons why the government try to implement regulations. Democracy is good but without any rules then there will be no safezone for anyone as the people on top will always eat the newcomer
Pages:
Jump to: