Pages:
Author

Topic: Can you stop calling Bitcoin an investment? - page 28. (Read 2652 times)

Activity: 266
Merit: 0
Bitcoin is more than an investment. Bitcoin can become a world-class currency. Buying bitcoins you do not make a contribution to investment, you get much more. Having bitcoins, you become part of the world crypto currency system. So you need to buy crypto currency, especially bitcoins.
Activity: 115
there are some people who are able to think critically to take advantage of the weakness of bitcoin to make a profit of. Such a price fluctuates. The true purpose of bitcoin is to be an alternative payment of every transaction used by humans.
Activity: 131
Merit: 8
Bitcoin is an investment.
Activity: 392
Merit: 101
I think everyone here is for profit. how else can this be called except as an investment
A good opinion and I like your opinion.
That's where you really do not understand very well about people who follow bitcoin not everyone wants to search for because At first, it was about taking control of the government and personal interests. Bitcoin was created to enable the parties to the creation of a central bank to recycle bitcoin in order to roll in the world. It's not meant to be a rich way.
legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 6403
Blackjack.fun
Can you stop calling Bitcoin an investment?

Everybody is free to call it what he wants and use it how it wants.

This damages the cryptocurrency. Bitcoin was not created to become an investment.

A lot of things were not created to do some things.
Just like cars weren't build to run pedestrians, bitcoin will be used how the owner of those coins wants.
At this point, you should start to remember that by telling people what to do with those coins you're actually opposing the spirit of BTC

Bitcoin could be a lot more accepted and used by now. Why should a merchant agree to be paid in Bitcoin? He wants money, not a piece of your investment.

And he gets money. What is he doesn't want to exchange the BTC for $? Will this make him an investor?

Trying to impose people how to use their coins makes you no different from the government you seem to hate that much.

Ps, I think these two are trolling you  Grin

Its an very high risk investment
Bitcoin is an investment.
Activity: 47
maybe, because many people invest and give chance for alternative payment for people using that at the same time maybe use for investment etc.
Activity: 1190
Merit: 534
Well, it is still unclear to call it a currency, the investment or just a computer software from a legal point of view. I agree that Satoshi had the vision to inculcate the habit of using Bitcoin as a payment system but since this thing gained monetary value over the period of time, a large user base is looking at it as an investment option and there is absolutely nothing we can do about it. I believe that we should give first preference to use Bitcoin as a payment system instead of looking for the speculation from it if we really care about it.
Activity: 546
Merit: 122
It does not matter if it was not created for this purpose, it is decentralized and it is the users who decide what to do with it. Its characteristics of scarcity and distribution are the main reasons for this speculation that exists in Bitcoin. As much as the original idea was not this, it is now a reality, for me this happened with the development of ASICS, it became unfeasible to get Bitcoins mining, so you have to use fiat to get it.
Activity: 84
We cant ,for me bitcoin is absolutely a gambling and its only for a risk taker ,because if you already put your money here, you didnt know if it could gain or maybe lose.

Bitcion is not an investment property but rather a stressful game that last long it could be a successful or losing some of your stuff but an achievement of being  wiser economist.
Activity: 532
Merit: 107
It is kind of investment but very high risk involve because those early investors bought BTC with $500 to $700 range, now Bitcoin hovering around $8000. So it is a very nice investment and those people made a good amount of money, hence it is an investment.
Activity: 224
Merit: 1
that's right, bitcoin is like a lottery. chances are you get a huge profit from purchasing bitcoin just like your chance to win money from the lottery. its success rate is difficult to gauge. If your money is limited, playing bitcoin is a very risky thing.
Activity: 706
Merit: 111
Its an very high risk investment
Activity: 151
Merit: 10
The real purpose of bitcoin is to be an alternative payment of every transaction used by humans. But there are some people who are able to think critically to take advantage of the weakness of bitcoin to make a profit as big as. Like the fluctuating price
Activity: 476
Merit: 10
Student Coin
We cant ,for me bitcoin is absolutely a gambling and its only for a risk taker ,because if you already put your money here, you didnt know if it could gain or maybe lose.
Activity: 307
Merit: 101
I never mention this as an investment, but I call it an investment opportunity. Why like that ? because with the fluctuating price bitcoin be the choice of every trader to seek profits on a large scale.
Activity: 182

This damages the cryptocurrency. Bitcoin was not created to become an investment. Before Bitcoin, there were some digital currencies years back, the goal was always to be able to create a (digital) currency free from central banks and governments.
Cypherpunks and other anarcho-capitalists are at the origin of this idea, perhaps 20 or 30 years ago. None were intended to make an investment to be rich quickly.
You won't find in the white paper "investing" mentioned, you won't find any post from Satoshi mentioning it

Considering Bitcoin as an investment, this is the reason why we have more and more regulations, G20 summits and others craps, KYC, etc...
The word "Crypto-assets" didn't exist before, why did they create it? Because you even consider it an investment, then why shouldn't they?
Bitcoin could be a lot more accepted and used by now. Why should a merchant agree to be paid in Bitcoin? He wants money, not a piece of your investment.

You're not even investing, you are just gambling with money.
Go to the altcoins board, you will surely find plenty of ICOs where you can say you invested in. I have something for you, ICOs used to raise money are no different than "Crowdfunding". If you want to invest then there are a lot of Crowdfunding websites where you can invest in real startups with fewer risks, (you won't find any project using photos from Pixabay...)

Why don't we see cryptographers anymore? Guess the reasons

Investments - placement of capital for profit.
So far this is the main purpose for buying Bitcoin. Once you can easily buy any product or service, then Bitcoin will become a currency.
I think Bitcoin as a currency is suitable for buying expensive objects: cars, apartments, houses, but not loaves of bread or a hamburger.
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1074
There is nothing wrong with people using a currency as a commodity. Have you ever heard of Forex trading, where people

trade in currencies? This is the same for Bitcoin, it is primarily a currency, but some people would rather profit from the high

volatility by trading it as a commodity. Let's celebrate the fact that Bitcoin can be used both as a Currency and a Commodity.

Where do you think the high price tag is coming from for a bitcoin, surely not from the currency use.  Roll Eyes
legendary
Activity: 3080
Merit: 1353
I think everyone here is for profit. how else can this be called except as an investment

No. Go to the Whitepaper and no where you will find that Bitcoin is created for "making money". It was not the plan of Satoshi, it was ground breaking at that time, making transactions P2P without relying to any third party (like banks). However, when "big boys" enter the picture, the rule has changed. Bitcoin then becoming a form of investments, and no longer the original vision of Satoshi, I guess its really inevitable, specially during the 2016-2017 when it peaked at around $20,000. It become a speculative asset, and others take that as a opportunity, trying to make quick bucks, or even putting their whole life-savings hoping to become rich.
Activity: 2576
Merit: 882
Freebitco.in Support https://bit.ly/2I9BVS2
@TheQuin

While we say humans are killing the humanity, we can also say bitcoiners are killing Bitcoin

If Bitcoin wasn't considered an investment, its value could be less volatile, and so more people could use it. How many time we read "Bitcoin is too volatile, I won't use it".
Accepting Bitcoin as an investment is accepting regulations. Accepting regulations is not different than accepting governments to control at some point and at some level the crypto world. Governments shouldn't be welcome, sorry, no slot for govt. the campaign is full Cheesy

What about is Bitcoin has a fixed value? People wouldn't consider it the same

It's impossible to avoid is all I'm saying. The only way to make it a fixed value would be to have a central authority controlling supply. It wasn't designed like that for good reason. The QE that followed the financial crisis was a large part of the inspiration behind Bitcoin. Giving people an alternative currency that your government couldn't deliberately devalue to make you poorer. Having a decentralised limited creation process restricts supply and makes it an asset, that might well be an unintended consequence but we have to accept it is there.
Activity: 686
Merit: 264
"STAY IN THE DARK"

This damages the cryptocurrency. Bitcoin was not created to become an investment. Before Bitcoin, there were some digital currencies years back, the goal was always to be able to create a (digital) currency free from central banks and governments.
Cypherpunks and other anarcho-capitalists are at the origin of this idea, perhaps 20 or 30 years ago. None were intended to make an investment to be rich quickly.
You won't find in the white paper "investing" mentioned, you won't find any post from Satoshi mentioning it

Considering Bitcoin as an investment, this is the reason why we have more and more regulations, G20 summits and others craps, KYC, etc...
The word "Crypto-assets" didn't exist before, why did they create it? Because you even consider it an investment, then why shouldn't they?

You're not even investing, you are just gambling with money.
Go to the altcoins board, you will surely find plenty of ICOs where you can say you invested in. I have something for you, ICOs used to raise money are no different than "Crowdfunding". If you want to invest then there are a lot of Crowdfunding websites where you can invest in real startups with fewer risks, (you won't find any project using photos from Pixabay...)

Why don't we see cryptographers anymore? Guess the reasons
I think whales created the bitcoin as too volatile then it considered as like investment by everyone.I am also considering bitcoin as an investment but maybe little differs from others because I am investing it too long until the bitcoin can be used as a currency when we can use bitcoin into any shops to buy anything we want.And also we will get the benefits from investing early on.I think traders are doing more harm to the bitcoin than the investors,but still no one can controls it.Anyone can use as how they want.
Pages:
Jump to: