Pages:
Author

Topic: Can you use Bitcoin and access Bitcointalk freely without using a VPN? - page 5. (Read 4955 times)

Activity: 182
Merit: 100
Love me love my Bitcoin.
I live in USA and as far as I know the government here doesn't block any sites.

Here its the internet companies that make their sites faster and other sites slower.

Do you know why the US citizen can not use Perfectmoney?
Activity: 266
Merit: 250
Yes in Australia I can also access my bitcointalk account freely without using any kind of VPN.
Activity: 294
yes in my country i access bitcointalk freely
i shouldn't use VPN. just use browser to open bitcointalk
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
China, the one who bans Bitcoin. No Wonder if China restricts the access of Bitcointalk on their country

The government ban many many websites too. 
Activity: 84
As his government is very strict regarding Internet censorship, so if they find out that someone is using social media or anything like that in one way or the other then it will be very problematic to him.

There is an example of it;
As you all be knowing about the one child norm of China,
There was a family in which a second child was born.
Their government fined them around 100k euro(if I'm right and maybe more). And you all know that 100k euro is hell of a fine.

well the government there has a reason you can't keep feeding your population like no tomorrow, that country is fully of bad pollution now, take a look at the production of their factories

anyway talking about bypassing their internet limitations, it can be avoided with some proxies, i doubt they have banned any proxy/vps/vpn out there

By doing this and if he get caught then his life can become like hell.
Their government is so strict and also keeps track of every online activity(OK most of it).
And if someone found guilty of doing illegal activity then God knows what they'll do to him.
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
The UK government forces some ISPs to block websites, but my tiny ISP doesn't seem to care about that which is nice.
Nothing Bitcoin related is blocked and everything works reasonably fast.
legendary
Activity: 910
Merit: 1000
I would think TO client would allow you from going out of your oppressed countries leesh.
legendary
Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069
As his government is very strict regarding Internet censorship, so if they find out that someone is using social media or anything like that in one way or the other then it will be very problematic to him.

Their government fined them around 100k euro(if I'm right and maybe more). And you all know that 100k euro is hell of a fine.

well the government there has a reason you can't keep feeding your population like no tomorrow, that country is fully of bad pollution now, take a look at the production of their factories

anyway talking about bypassing their internet limitations, it can be avoided with some proxies, i doubt they have banned any proxy/vps/vpn out there
The Chinese government block thousands of websites in order to prevent what appears to be a politically sensitive information that can not reach Internet users

Yep, we hate the gov.
legendary
Activity: 1246
103 days, 21 hours and 10 minutes.
OP that is crazy I knew China was bad but that is cyber control taken to another level!

Luckily I have never been because if I did, no doubt I would be thrown in jail and freedoms stripped for a few years.

Sorry to hear the extent you guys need to go to just to use a wallet and forum (mean face China)
Activity: 770
Merit: 509
Hopefully Maidsafe is a big success and the internet is no longer censorable and you can freely access information, until then it seems you will have to use Tor, it's free as opposed to VPN. Just don't reveal any personal information when using it. With Bitcoin Core I think it has in-built Tor support, not sure because I've never used it. It may be really slow to download the blockchain through Tor tho.
Activity: 84

legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1090
=== NODE IS OK! ==
Activity: 9
Merit: 0
There aren't any restrictions on using Bitcoin or accessing this forum from Canada. As others have already mentioned, a VPN and / or Tor is what you'll have to use in order to get around China's online censorship.
legendary
Activity: 1022
Merit: 1003
𝓗𝓞𝓓𝓛
China, the one who bans Bitcoin. No Wonder if China restricts the access of Bitcointalk on their country
legendary
Activity: 1386
English <-> Portuguese translations
Brazil here and everything is fine.
I already had some problem with a few servers for Electrum, but it's probably nothing related to IP blocks.
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001
Lol Smiley The US government's censorship & internet control department is doing a REAL good job if its citizins aren't even aware (or in denial) about their site blocking practices Smiley

You forgot about Wikileaks, Edward Snowden, etc?
Activity: 80
No problem here in HK. but yes when I travel to mainland I could not access facebook and youtube.

Here its the internet companies that make their sites faster and other sites slower.

As far as you know....  Cheesy

A whole range of IP´s are blocked in US.
Activity: 294
★YoBit.Net★ 200+ Coins Exchange & Dice
Hello guys, I am very depressed. I live in China mainland, each time when I try to login to Bitcoin client(I use portable Electrum most) I must seek for a proxy or VPN. Without a proxy or vpn, the client can't hardly connect to the network.  Sometimes,  I cannot even access Bitcointalk and Blockchain freely without using a proxy or vpn, and yes, at the moment, I am using a vpn browsing Bitcointalk and starting this topic.
Have you ever travel to China? We get no access to Twitter, Facebook, Gmail and many many many other websites that are hosted abroad.
Can you use Bitcoin freely and access Bitcointalk and Blockchain freely without using a proxy/VPN in your country?

They try to censor yourself? no problem, subscribers to a good vpn, tor use browser and then go.
Pages:
Jump to: