Pages:
Author

Topic: Can you use Bitcoin and access Bitcointalk freely without using a VPN? - page 6. (Read 4955 times)

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000
Move On !!!!!!
Hello guys, I am very depressed. I live in China mainland, each time when I try to login to Bitcoin client(I use portable Electrum most) I must seek for a proxy or VPN. Without a proxy or vpn, the client can't hardly connect to the network.  Sometimes,  I cannot even access Bitcointalk and Blockchain freely without using a proxy or vpn, and yes, at the moment, I am using a vpn browsing Bitcointalk and starting this topic.
Have you ever travel to China? We get no access to Twitter, Facebook, Gmail and many many many other websites that are hosted abroad.
Can you use Bitcoin freely and access Bitcointalk and Blockchain freely without using a proxy/VPN in your country?

Sorry to hear this. We live in the 21st century and we should have freedom to choose which sites are we visiting or not!
I hope things will change for better in China and that these restrictions will be removed.

Until then, all you can do my friend, is use proxy, VPN or TOR. Thanks God these options exist also, so at least you have an alternative. I guess no government will ever be able to stop the technology!
legendary
Activity: 1135
Merit: 1001
I'm in US. No restrictions, land of the free:)

China might be the only country with restrictions so far, Russia might join you soon so you don't feel alone

yeah.  Free.  Especially if you are white and christian.  But they would never block anything right?  Especially not a site that thinks free speech is good, like wiki leaks right?

Exactly. And limitations on military personnel accessing news sites like the guardian, etc. It's not as bad as China but there is censorship. It's not always done directly by the government though. Often it relies on private interests self-censoring or pursuing others to court for example. Didn't know bitcointalk was blocked in China though. Had to double check on http://www.greatfirewallofchina.org/index.php?siteurl=https%3A%2F%2Fbitcointalk.org to make sure.
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001
Lol, "land of the free"  Cheesy

US, isn't that the overseas country with the insane anti-drugs policy (except for two drugs: alcohol and tobacco), where they are trying to restrict Bitcoin companies by any means possible, with ridiculous licenses and regulation, where privacy is pretty much non-existent, and where only the NSA and secret services are truly "free" to to whatever they like?

On topic: yes, I can use Bitcoin and access bitcointalk.org without a VPN and without any restrictions.
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1073
Hello guys, I am very depressed. I live in China mainland, each time when I try to login to Bitcoin client(I use portable Electrum most) I must seek for a proxy or VPN. Without a proxy or vpn, the client can't hardly connect to the network.  Sometimes,  I cannot even access Bitcointalk and Blockchain freely without using a proxy or vpn, and yes, at the moment, I am using a vpn browsing Bitcointalk and starting this topic.
Have you ever travel to China? We get no access to Twitter, Facebook, Gmail and many many many other websites that are hosted abroad.
Can you use Bitcoin freely and access Bitcointalk and Blockchain freely without using a proxy/VPN in your country?

I think China have many good qualities, but their politics is somehow restricted(to put it simply). China is a big country with a long culture history, foreign things such as websites is often seen with scepticism. Interesting that you can't even connect the network through wallet without VPN, thats news to me regarding china's offensive against bitcoin and such...
However, the Chinese ain't a dumb man and he know that the technical skill this world has to offer is too overwhelming. Sure, governments will do everything they can in their bureaucratic power to prevent innovative things, but some will escalate without any governmental approval.

Have you tried TOR? that wont solve the wallet-sync issue....but im curious.

I think ToR is being banned too, but it's not confirmed. I have seen someone posting something about a new Tor type browser with a new VPNCoin here --> https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/new-civilian-tor-browser-blockchain-tech-from-china-1138930

What is the main reason for the censorship of the internet in China? It cannot be only for political reasons. It all seemed to start with one of Deng Xiaoping's favorite sayings in the early 1980s: "If you open the

window for fresh air, you have to expect some flies to blow in."

It seems to be a whole program to dumb down the citizens to the world out there... but I think it's a failure based on the activity we find on the internet from these people.

OP, tell us a bit more, on how it influence your economy, if you are blocked from the outside world?
Activity: 239
Merit: 100
Hello guys, I am very depressed. I live in China mainland, each time when I try to login to Bitcoin client(I use portable Electrum most) I must seek for a proxy or VPN. Without a proxy or vpn, the client can't hardly connect to the network.  Sometimes,  I cannot even access Bitcointalk and Blockchain freely without using a proxy or vpn, and yes, at the moment, I am using a vpn browsing Bitcointalk and starting this topic.

I think China have many good qualities, but their politics is somehow restricted(to put it simply). China is a big country with a long culture history, foreign things such as websites is often seen with scepticism. Interesting that you can't even connect the network through wallet without VPN, thats news to me regarding china's offensive against bitcoin and such...
However, the Chinese ain't a dumb man and he know that the technical skill this world has to offer is too overwhelming. Sure, governments will do everything they can in their bureaucratic power to prevent innovative things, but some will escalate without any governmental approval.

Have you tried TOR? that wont solve the wallet-sync issue....but im curious.

Activity: 84
Merit: 10
Yes I'm from Singapore and can access bitcointalk.org free without using a VPN or proxy kind of thing.
Activity: 658
Merit: 500
The Chinese government block thousands of websites in order to prevent what appears to be a politically sensitive information that can not reach Internet users
Activity: 322
Merit: 250

China might be the only country with restrictions so far, Russia might join you soon so you don't feel alone

yeah.  Free.  Especially if you are white and christian.  But they would never block anything right?  Especially not a site that thinks free speech is good, like wiki leaks right?

To op, I think your best bet might be to check in the local forums here, there are likely people with the same problems in your areas.  In this sub forums there might not be as many people who know about your problems.
Activity: 322
I went to china for the first half of this year, and I had to get a VPN for bitcointalk, facebook, youtube etc.

Not only that, I had to pay some bitcoins to register an account from a known VPN address.
Activity: 392
Slovakia here, I guess EU has nearly the same limitations as USA, which is nearly none xD, and I have no trouble accessing bcttalk from here. Bad luck you were born there bud.
Activity: 296
Merit: 251
I live in USA and as far as I know the government here doesn't block any sites.

Here its the internet companies that make their sites faster and other sites slower.

Yeah the U.S government does not block sites really. They just confiscate the whole operation.

Activity: 24
Merit: 0
I live in USA and as far as I know the government here doesn't block any sites.

Here its the internet companies that make their sites faster and other sites slower.
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004
Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political
Hello guys, I am very depressed. I live in China mainland, each time when I try to login to Bitcoin client(I use portable Electrum most) I must seek for a proxy or VPN. Without a proxy or vpn, the client can't hardly connect to the network.  Sometimes,  I cannot even access Bitcointalk and Blockchain freely without using a proxy or vpn, and yes, at the moment, I am using a vpn browsing Bitcointalk and starting this topic.

that is depressing.  do the people accept this oppression?  do people want to leave because of it? 
Activity: 301
still can't change my profile pic

Activity: 462
www.AntiBitcoinTalk.com
if its block in your country maybe the best choice is just use some proxy or vpn like you did now..just try to download some proxy changer add on in your browser..
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
Hello, i'm from Indonesia and no, i don't need any VPN to use electrum or accesing Bitcointalk. That been said though our main issue is our internet connectivity speed, we are on the really slow side of the internet.
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
Pages:
Jump to: