Pages:
Author

Topic: Car and Driver licensing - page 13. (Read 1607 times)

copper member
Activity: 2870
Merit: 1279
https://linktr.ee/crwthopia
October 30, 2019, 09:11:55 PM
Then you are thinking selfishly if you are thinking about receiving payment just to use your own property. Like other taxes, it is imposed by the government to generate money for a public purpose. It's for everyone. The tax you pay goes into many places.
  • Salary of government workers
  • Garbage collection
  • Police
  • Firefighters
  • Other government services

TBH, I don't like paying taxes as much as I would want to but it's required and it's for a better cause, if there are corrupt people collecting those fees, it's not on my conscience. I just know I'm doing the right thing and it's for the betterment of everyone in the country.
legendary
Activity: 3178
Merit: 1363
Slava Ukraini!
October 30, 2019, 08:02:53 PM
You guys still have a nice law over there in the US. If you were in Europe you'd be surprised how shitty it is in here.
In most EU countries you can't

Drive a car when someone with a license is sitting next to you.

I live in EU and in my country you can drive when someone  with a license and 2+ years experience is sitting next to you. But you have to pass theory exam first. Remaining things that you wrote is true. And if you just got your driver license, insurance will be f*cking expensive for you. Though, I'm not familiar with these things in USA, how it's different from EU there?
OP, your post doesn't makes much sense. Yeah, car is your proper, but public roads aren't. You can't do whatever you want there and you have to follow laws.
legendary
Activity: 2296
Merit: 1335
Don't let others control your BTC -> self custody
October 30, 2019, 05:12:04 PM
You guys still have a nice law over there in the US. If you were in Europe you'd be surprised how shitty it is in here.
In most EU countries you can't

Drive a car when someone with a license is sitting next to you.
Can't learn to drive with your father, like children used to do. You have to be in the presence of a certified instructor, you can't be alone or with parents even on some country roads.
In some countries when you get caught driving without a license you can be denied the right to drive for a year or two.
You can't drive a fucking moped without a license, which is insane.
Even when you think you know how to drive, you can't take the exam. You have to pay for the course first.
You can't drive a small electric car or one of those chinese micro cars without a license.
You need separate insurance for every car. This means that if one person owns 5 cars he has to pay the insurance 5 times. Ridiculous!

I'd really prefer the US corde and your nice wide roads to the shit we have in the EU.
legendary
Activity: 3906
Merit: 1373
October 30, 2019, 03:46:48 PM
^^^ Thank you. But government should pay us to have to license.

I mean, the cop that stops you if you are speeding, has been ordered by his boss to do so. He gets paid to follow the orders of his boss.

So, if you get your licenses like they order you to, aren't they acting like your boss, when they order you to do something? If you follow their orders, shouldn't you get paid by them for doing so?

Cool
legendary
Activity: 4494
Merit: 3178
Vile Vixen and Miss Bitcointalk 2021-2023
October 30, 2019, 03:26:12 PM
You don't need a licence to own a car, nor to drive one on private property, such as a racetrack. You only need a licence if you want to drive your car on public roads, which (by the definition of "public") are the property of the government, so the government is allowed to place restrictions on who is allowed to drive there.
legendary
Activity: 3906
Merit: 1373
October 30, 2019, 01:32:53 PM
Is not your car your property? And are you not a free man/woman in a free country? I think Government should pay us to get licensed and to have our vehicle licensed.

What do you think?

Cool
Pages:
Jump to: