Pages:
Author

Topic: [CARBON][SM] Carboncoin | For a Greener Future - Efficient+Secure+Sustainable - page 22. (Read 57427 times)

Activity: 407
Merit: 250
why supply too much? any bounties?

There are lots of bounties available for anything from marketing to development. The development jobs we need doing are not public.

Please send a pm with your skill set and we can have a discussion.

The high circulation has enabled us to distribute the coin widely at low value, it's worked very nicely as you can see here https://chainz.cryptoid.info/explorer/bubble.dws?coin=carbon
Activity: 2800
Merit: 595
https://www.betcoin.ag
why supply too much? any bounties?
Activity: 108
Merit: 10
We've been busy. We're about half way though our coming protocol update which will give us some very significant new functionality. Expected to be completed in a fortnight or so.

Shortly after this release we will be making some changes to the way the environmental operation is structured so that we are better able to achieve our objectives.

We will also be identifying the incorporated investment vehicle on the Carboncoin blockchain and offering some details of that side of the project.

We are currently on https://yobit.net/en/trade/CARBON/BTC for anyone here wishing to join the community
We're back

Issue was caused by differences in hashing difficulty for individual small miners. Resolved.
We are aware that the network has paused and are working to fix the issue.

The private pool we have been operating to keep transactions flowing has gone down.

No one's coins are in danger due to our custom security feature so please bear with us and we will get the network back hashing as quickly as possible.

If anyone wishes to solo mine then the instructions are here http://www.carboncointalk.org/index.php/topic,174.0.html
I will translate your thread to Indonesian local board Smiley
job have not finish, please wait...

Go for it, we'd love to be represented in Indonesia!
If this is still mineable, I can set up a mining pool.
Correct me if I'm wrong but I remember this does have the Scrypt mining algorithm.
Leave a message if in need of a mining pool.

Thank you for your support! Sent you a pm (but not about a pool)

legendary
Activity: 1049
Merit: 1009
TRX: TCRKDukYt2zDie9vJDhToKrP3tyTV29U48
I will translate your thread to Indonesian local board Smiley
job have not finish, please wait...
Activity: 87
If this is still mineable, I can set up a mining pool.
Correct me if I'm wrong but I remember this does have the Scrypt mining algorithm.
Leave a message if in need of a mining pool.
Sounds like we're on similar pages about that. Originally (way back) we stated our long term vision as trying to stimulate natural carbon sinks - that is biodiverse natural habitats capable of producing a net draw down in carbon dioxide, without any ongoing human intervention.

Focusing on and encouraging native species to flourish would be a key part of this.

We've since decided that we'll settle for an upsurge in woodland coverage provided we are biodiverse (specifically not monoculture) once this side of the operation is underway we will then fund research into how to make the permanent carbon sink happen on a large scale.

Unfortunately the project relies on the adoption of the Carboncoin as a currency in order to work, and this task is proving non trivial - albeit we do keep moving forward.

We are actually looking at ways to stimulate tree planting activity outside of the charity funds but still associated with the project and are in talks about a few things here.

In addition the carbon credits initiative is specified and mandated but again requires a few specified tasks to be completed on the development side of things - these are underway but unfortunately when you are unable to pay people you are not in a position to tell them off for holding you up. A problem which has occurred frequently these past couple of years.

I think in retrospect had I not been so keen on spreading the currency out widely and evenly (the thing which prevented me from sourcing funds from speculators at the beginning) then we'd have planted more trees by now - but you live and learn don't you. At least when this goes, it goes big - until then it goes slow... unlike climate change unfortunately
Activity: 427
Merit: 266
Approximately 80% of our air pollution stems from hydrocarbons released by vegetation.How does carboncoin seek to address this.Most of the climate change debate is around man made emmissions spurred on by special interests in order to create a carbon market as we move towards a non industrialised age.

I'd love to see the data you are referring to here, as I am sure it can be put to good use.

Of course decomposition is a major source of emissions, but are you suggesting that a dramatic increase in the number of trees growing would not have a positive effect (for example over the lifespan of a tree ~150 years? And were we to continue to plant more trees and increase coverage (at an increasing rate) would this not easily offset the emissions of those trees which had died and were decomposing?

It has been suggested that we are some two trillion trees down from an original stock of ~5 trillion. This is a major thing which needs addressing for the long term survival of the species on the planet.

Sure, a meteor might hit and wipe us all out, but here, we simply aren't prepared to give up on this planet on the off chance we don't detect such a thing and take suitable steps to divert it - which I think is the basis of a popular justification for using resources for space exploration.

Strikes me that space exploration is a luxury afforded to those living in a stable habitat, not the situation we find ourselves in now.

The quote was made by the master of quotes ronald reagan but Dr Peter Harley National Center for Atmospheric research summarised that old 6x3 was not too far off in his statement.Dr Harley studied in depth the relationship between certain hardwood species/forests/woodland canopies and their emissions of volatile organic compounds.He has undertaken numerous studies and provided the relevant data to support this however I agree with you that it would be ludicrous to suggest that planting trees would have an adverse effect on the health of the atmosphere as certain species if planted in the correct habitat for that species and not in places where it is an alien species would be beneficial as a good store of carbon elements and other microbial pollutants for that matter however I am no expert.

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/8778280_Effects_of_light_temperature_and_canopy_position_on_net_photosynthesis_and_isoprene_emission_in_sweetgum_Liquidambar_styraciflua_L_leaves

http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1029/2001JD001076/full

https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Peter_Harley2
Approximately 80% of our air pollution stems from hydrocarbons released by vegetation.How does carboncoin seek to address this.Most of the climate change debate is around man made emmissions spurred on by special interests in order to create a carbon market as we move towards a non industrialised age.

I'd love to see the data you are referring to here, as I am sure it can be put to good use.

Of course decomposition is a major source of emissions, but are you suggesting that a dramatic increase in the number of trees growing would not have a positive effect (for example over the lifespan of a tree ~150 years? And were we to continue to plant more trees and increase coverage (at an increasing rate) would this not easily offset the emissions of those trees which had died and were decomposing?

It has been suggested that we are some two trillion trees down from an original stock of ~5 trillion. This is a major thing which needs addressing for the long term survival of the species on the planet.

Sure, a meteor might hit and wipe us all out, but here, we simply aren't prepared to give up on this planet on the off chance we don't detect such a thing and take suitable steps to divert it - which I think is the basis of a popular justification for using resources for space exploration.

Strikes me that space exploration is a luxury afforded to those living in a stable habitat, not the situation we find ourselves in now.
Activity: 427
Merit: 266
We believe we have a legal requirement to ensure that Carboncoin is publically available and will be continuing to ensure that it is

We have been doing this since our launch

While we are still in distribution phase we will not have the volume to meet the requirements of some exchanges and that is their business decision - it takes nothing away from our project, us growing our network, and us getting closer to achieving our long term objectives

We are grateful to c-cex for the help they afforded us and wish them all the best for the future.
No exchange atm? Sad

How are things going where you are? not heard much from you for a while? Join the carboncoin slack!
Activity: 132
Activity: 1
Merit: 0
Life is much better with DemetriusAstroBlack blocked. We're no longer wasting our time on him and we suggest you do the same.

We will continue to delete things which are not constructive as we will also continue to provide a secure value transfer and storage mechanism.

Someone got very lucky and bought 100M Carboncoin for 1BTC, that's over half a percent of our total 16B circulation. That's in a protocol with the same functionality as bitcoin that has been running for well over two years. Think we can thank the Bitcoin price increase for that. Well spotted!

Wont be long before there'll be lots of things to spend them on.

Very lucky! Also well done whoever blocked AstroTwat - maybe we can get down to some more indepth chat about Carboncoin and its future plans without his unpleasant interruptions...

Is the Carboncoin Trust now moderating this board? Nice to meet you, I donated to the trust last year - what kind of thing should we be doing to help promote the coin and the cause Smiley
Life is much better with DemetriusAstroBlack blocked. We're no longer wasting our time on him and we suggest you do the same.

We will continue to delete things which are not constructive as we will also continue to provide a secure value transfer and storage mechanism.

Someone got very lucky and bought 100M Carboncoin for 1BTC, that's over half a percent of our total 16B circulation. That's in a protocol with the same functionality as bitcoin that has been running for well over two years. Think we can thank the Bitcoin price increase for that. Well spotted!

Wont be long before there'll be lots of things to spend them on.
7.5 BTC's of capital inflow to multiply our market cap by 30 to $6M? #nodepthonthesellside #justsaying
Pages:
Jump to: