Pages:
Author

Topic: CASASCIUS PHYSICAL BITCOIN - In Stock Now! (pic) - page 7. (Read 130271 times)

legendary
Activity: 1272
Merit: 1012
howdy
Based on the amateur way I am hosting it, it's subject to be down once in a while. It is not taking orders so I have not prioritized uptime.  But I have not taken it down.

Glad to hear it, had me a bit worried. Cool
vip
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1136
The Casascius 1oz 10BTC Silver Round (w/ Gold B)
Hmm... Did the website go down?

https://www.casascius.com/

Based on the amateur way I am hosting it, it's subject to be down once in a while. It is not taking orders so I have not prioritized uptime.  But I have not taken it down.
legendary
Activity: 1272
Merit: 1012
howdy
Hmm... Did the website go down?

https://www.casascius.com/
Activity: 181
Merit: 104
Thank you for this info, much appreciated. How much did it cost you in total if you don't mind me asking? I'm looking to only grade 4 coins so shouldn't cost a fortune I'm hoping.

I only valued the coins at face value or just over, so $500 a pop. This enabled me to have them graded in the discount bracket, so I think it cost ~$19 per coin so $95, plus $107.50 shipping (inc insurance). I also paid the $3 each to have photos taken of each coin, $7 each for the variety verification service, and $19 flat for the conservation service. So $199 in services plus $107.50 in shipping & insurance. You need at least 5 coins to qualify for the discount rate.

I highly recommend the conservation service if your coins have spent any time outside of capsules.
legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1119
Make sure you post some post graded pics for us  Grin
legendary
Activity: 1578
Merit: 1000
May the coin be with you..
Thanks for the info Blazed, much appreciated. Might get these bad boys sent later this week. Fingers crossed for a MS-67 Tongue
legendary
Just some pricing info for you:
I recently sent in a single 2011 error to be graded with the priority service... 7 day turn around and declared value of $1500.00 and it cost me $84.00 shipped back to me. (Got MS-65 too!)
The last batch I had sent in March (5 x Silver/Gold) I used the discount service due to 5 coins and it was $190 shipped back... That service took 3-4 weeks though.
legendary
I didn't manage to get an answer to my question above. I'm just trying to find out if anyone from outside the US has managed to get these graded? If so did you encounter any problems? I really want to get mine slabbed just worried about sending them half way round the world and getting them sent back in perfect condition.

Hey Icey,

I just got my order of 5 coins back from ANACS after grading. I live in Australia. I sent them using Aus post with 5k of insurance (I sent 5x1btc 2011 series 1 with error). I asked ANACS to send back with 5k of insurance. Received the return parcel without any problem though the package seemed to indicate only $100 insured value - luckily it made it to me without a hitch. I have followed up with ANACs to see whether it was insured for the requested amount or not.

Thank you for this info, much appreciated. How much did it cost you in total if you don't mind me asking? I'm looking to only grade 4 coins so shouldn't cost a fortune I'm hoping.
legendary
Activity: 1960
Merit: 1062
One coin to rule them all
Hey Icey,

I just got my order of 5 coins back from ANACS after grading. I live in Australia. I sent them using Aus post with 5k of insurance (I sent 5x1btc 2011 series 1 with error). I asked ANACS to send back with 5k of insurance. Received the return parcel without any problem though the package seemed to indicate only $100 insured value - luckily it made it to me without a hitch. I have followed up with ANACs to see whether it was insured for the requested amount or not.

How much was the total cost shipping, insurance + ANACS fee ?
Activity: 181
Merit: 104
I didn't manage to get an answer to my question above. I'm just trying to find out if anyone from outside the US has managed to get these graded? If so did you encounter any problems? I really want to get mine slabbed just worried about sending them half way round the world and getting them sent back in perfect condition.

Hey Icey,

legendary
Activity: 1456
Thank you both for the info, I might take the risk and send them next week. I'd love to see them slabbed and graded but insurance of $45 per 100$ is sure off-putting!

It is cheaper to drop them off at a coin show if there is one in your area.
legendary
Thank you both for the info, I might take the risk and send them next week. I'd love to see them slabbed and graded but insurance of $45 per 100$ is sure off-putting!
legendary
They will ship it back via the best and safest method possible for sure.  I have sent in a lot of coins without issue (from within the USA).  Just spend the extra money on good shipping and it should be fine.
Activity: 784
Merit: 501

Although I did not submit mine from outside the US, I looked at the order form that they provided me and they quote $45  + $1.25 per $100 of Insurance for return shipping.  Depending on how many coins you send, the insurance could add up if you value your coins on the high end to cover the risk.

I would not expect any problems from ANACS since the regularly deal with very high end coins.  The real risk comes from shipping issues.  The key is paying for the right amount of insurance should the package be damaged or lost.
legendary
Activity: 220
Merit: 100
Thanks. 
Activity: 496
Merit: 264
In memory of Zepher
I searched but cannot find an answer to my question...

What does "Casascius" mean?  Why is it printed on the coin? 

Here you go...

http://casascius.wordpress.com/about/

Casascius is a name I made up before ever deciding I would use it for a coin project. The root, “CASAS”, is a simple acronym for the phrase “call a spade a spade”, to which I added an ending I thought would make it sound like a personified Shakespearean or Roman sort of name. It is properly pronounced “ka-SAY-shuss”, though I am not bothered by the variations I hear.

Activity: 220
I searched but cannot find an answer to my question...

What does "Casascius" mean?  Why is it printed on the coin? 
Activity: 225
Casascius gif, Enjoy:

Imo brings the beauty out much better than single images.
legendary
Wasn't sure where best to put this, but I'm curious has anyone from the EU sent coins for grading? Did it go smooth etc? Looking to get all mine graded and slabbed but not sure if its worth the risk
Pages:
Jump to: