Pages:
Author

Topic: [Cast XMR] high speed XMR/CryptoNight miner for RX Vega GPUs (2 KHash/s) - page 56. (Read 206388 times)

Activity: 165
Merit: 0
I will definitely do additional videos in the future to cover more detailed config files, settings, exc. Thank you.

I made a tutorial video for anyone who wants to see the latest 0.9.2 version in action with the latest Adrenalin Edition 18.3.4 Drivers - NO BLOCKCHAIN DRIVER!!! I also picked up 1000 extra hash on the rig over xmr-stak.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r87zfuqgdFw&t=38s

Hi put : -ratewatchdog --fastjobswitch for better performance ( i see outdated job in your video) Smiley

I give vote for also Vega cards, config file. soon as possible thanks man!
Activity: 63
Merit: 5
I will definitely do additional videos in the future to cover more detailed config files, settings, exc. Thank you.

I made a tutorial video for anyone who wants to see the latest 0.9.2 version in action with the latest Adrenalin Edition 18.3.4 Drivers - NO BLOCKCHAIN DRIVER!!! I also picked up 1000 extra hash on the rig over xmr-stak.

Hi put : -ratewatchdog --fastjobswitch for better performance ( i see outdated job in your video) Smiley
Thank you!  Smiley

Liked and subscribed  Smiley
Activity: 18
Any update when we can use cast xmr for the heavy algo?
Activity: 91
Merit: 29
Hi guys,
After a while I am switch my rig to monero and I am receiving a tons of rejected shares, because of the duplicate share. What can caused this problem? I have 8x Vega´s 64. And I am using the last version of Cast XMR and old blockchain driver...
THX

Hi,

the problem is that the current Monero block time is very high to the slow difficult adjust (> 15 minutes per block). Nicehash search space is exceeded in about 20 minutes with 8 Vegas and the GPUs search in overlapping nonce ranges.

If you are not using a proxy use the option "--nonicehash" to disable nicehash support. That should fix it.

Regards,
glph3k
Activity: 275
Merit: 11
Hi guys,
After a while I am switch my rig to monero and I am receiving a tons of rejected shares, because of the duplicate share. What can caused this problem? I have 8x Vega´s 64. And I am using the last version of Cast XMR and old blockchain driver...
THX
Activity: 6
İ am using this miner with rx 570 and 580 i am taking 800-900. But i am taking 50-150 with sapphire cards (570 580). İ have three rig and i have three sapphire card. Each rig have only one. And taking only 50-200 with sapphire card. Really interesting problem. Any idea do you have ? İ tried adrenalin driver but i cant be stabil for 6 cards so i am using blockchain driver.
Activity: 50

Liked and subscribed  Smiley
Activity: 148
has anyone tried vega frontier on this? do i have to install 18.1.1 then update to blockchain drivers?

Vega FE works quite well on this. New drivers are great and much less finicky, but unfortunately OverdrivenTool does not work on the new drivers, so yes do the method you mentioned, look up GeekMark's vid on YT if you don't know how.

thanks for the prompt reply.

i was hoping for more stability (at least stable enough to survive the occasional auto reboots)

I have zero stability problems on my 3 VFE rig. Trust me, I understand... having to reinstall drivers everytime the computer crashes will make you want stability  Cheesy
Activity: 95
has anyone tried vega frontier on this? do i have to install 18.1.1 then update to blockchain drivers?

Vega FE works quite well on this. New drivers are great and much less finicky, but unfortunately OverdrivenTool does not work on the new drivers, so yes do the method you mentioned, look up GeekMark's vid on YT if you don't know how.

thanks for the prompt reply.

i was hoping for more stability (at least stable enough to survive the occasional auto reboots)
Activity: 148

Activity: 95
Activity: 296

Activity: 182
Merit: 10
new version when have?
Activity: 62
Please support Sumo/Heavy algo ASAP.  Stak is so unstable and their config files are a nightmare.

+1 for this. CastXMR is much more useable than XMR-STAK. Insane amount of profitability on the SumoKoin's cryptonight-heavy algorithm as of the past few hours. Seems like it was very effective in killing all those cryptonight ASICs.
Would you be so kind to elaborate how SumoKoin can be "so profitable" these days?

For my experience the pools (HASHVAULT, FAIRPOOL) I have tested are quite inefficent and delivers 10% less of the rate my miners are recording, where with other coins is not the case.
I assume the difficulty lately may have decreased or something like that, for Sumo being profitable.
Whattomine gives a very low profitability for Sumo.

At the moment I am mining, NiceHash, ETN and just began with TRTL which seems quite profitable. I have seen there are other coins that can give around 30% than Nicehash, but only for short period of times.
The time when 5 vegas were making 35 USD per day seems a very distant past...

If you have the time, I would appreciate your insight.

It was insanely profitable yesterday right when they switched the mining algorithm from simply cryptonight to cryptonight-heavy. Why? All the miners of sumokoin were ASICs and when the algo switch was done, they couldn't mine anymore. Only a handful of miners were left online allowing them to earn a boat load of what they would usually mine. Sadly the hash rate and difficulty of sumokoi has gone back up again.

Is the profitability on whattomine accurate ? is it still 4 +  usd for 2k hashr ?
Activity: 62
For Nicehash users i noticed  nicehash made spec port for new pow they have now port for V7 cryptonight - cryptonightv7.eu.nicehash.com:3363 but the older is still more profitable on nicehash - 10kh around 7 usd , 10kh on V7  around 5 usd...
Activity: 154
Will you be updating to support Cryptonight-Heavy implementation that SumoKoin just implemented in their fork?

I hope it will support the Cryptonight-Heavy implementation.

Hi,

CryptoNight-Heavy is used only by SumoKoin? Or are any other coins using or planning to use Heavy?

Regards,
glph3k

FYI cryptonight coins.

https://github.com/xmrig/xmrig/issues/482

Plz take a look on new Cryptonight "Variant" on IPBC

https://ipbc.io/eng/announcements/ipbc-fork-available-in-testnet/
Activity: 729
Merit: 114
Please support Sumo/Heavy algo ASAP.  Stak is so unstable and their config files are a nightmare.

+1 for this. CastXMR is much more useable than XMR-STAK. Insane amount of profitability on the SumoKoin's cryptonight-heavy algorithm as of the past few hours. Seems like it was very effective in killing all those cryptonight ASICs.
Would you be so kind to elaborate how SumoKoin can be "so profitable" these days?

For my experience the pools (HASHVAULT, FAIRPOOL) I have tested are quite inefficent and delivers 10% less of the rate my miners are recording, where with other coins is not the case.
I assume the difficulty lately may have decreased or something like that, for Sumo being profitable.
Whattomine gives a very low profitability for Sumo.

At the moment I am mining, NiceHash, ETN and just began with TRTL which seems quite profitable. I have seen there are other coins that can give around 30% than Nicehash, but only for short period of times.
The time when 5 vegas were making 35 USD per day seems a very distant past...

If you have the time, I would appreciate your insight.

It was insanely profitable yesterday right when they switched the mining algorithm from simply cryptonight to cryptonight-heavy. Why? All the miners of sumokoin were ASICs and when the algo switch was done, they couldn't mine anymore. Only a handful of miners were left online allowing them to earn a boat load of what they would usually mine. Sadly the hash rate and difficulty of sumokoi has gone back up again.

It wasn't just the ASICS there should've been plenty of GPU miners who didn't update miner, switched config.  Also, handful of miners don't support cryptonight-heavy even now.
Pages:
Jump to: