Pages:
Author

Topic: CCminer M7 (XCN) by djm34, fixed + optimized for cuda 8 and new cards by PALLAS - page 13. (Read 52608 times)

Activity: 574
Merit: 250
Fighting mob law and inquisition in this forum
I always use english as system language: one reason is that if I need to paste an error to someone, or search it on google, I have much higher chance of success. And many others.

Besides...

It looks like you are not using cuda 8, but can't be sure.

I have installed CUDA 8 RC with the deb package from NV.
legendary
Activity: 2716
Merit: 1094
Black Belt Developer
Another 0.02 although I don't use the miner yet ...  Grin

It's just a way to show appreciation of your work.

so a month later still noone donated at least 0.01 or 0.02???

Nothing since the 2 donations at the beginning.
Activity: 506
Merit: 252
Another 0.02 although I don't use the miner yet ...  Grin

It's just a way to show appreciation of your work.

so a month later still noone donated at least 0.01 or 0.02???

legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1070
where can i get cuda 8 ? at the moment is avail only 7.5  8 is RC and is only for official devels...

you can easily register as a developer but I remember someone posting a link to cuda 8 RC in this or other threads.

it was me https://www.dropbox.com/s/r5fajizspbjzb9k/cuda_8.0.27_win10.exe?dl=0
legendary
Activity: 1797
Merit: 1028
REGISTER FOR CUDA 8 RC--

It only takes an e-mail address, many gamers register under a "game name".  Then, you get an occasional e-mail about what is new at nVidia, and CUDA 8rc, of course.       --scryptr
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000
quarkchain.io
where can i get cuda 8 ? at the moment is avail only 7.5  8 is RC and is only for official devels...

you can easily register as a developer but I remember someone posting a link to cuda 8 RC in this or other threads.

Is there any ETA on cuda 8 final
legendary
Black Belt Developer

Activity: 649
Merit: 505
legendary
Black Belt Developer
I always use english as system language: one reason is that if I need to paste an error to someone, or search it on google, I have much higher chance of success. And many others.

Besides...

It looks like you are not using cuda 8, but can't be sure.
legendary
EVGA GTX 750ti FTW CARD MINING XCN--

OK, I pulled my 750ti card rig off of Library Credits (LBC) and pointed it at "stratum+tcp://xcnpool.1gh.com:7333".  Each card gets about 5850 khash/s, a little less than 1/3 of the hashrate for my EVGA GTX CLASSIFIED 980ti.  The M7 CCminer is mining with 99.7% accepts, and I will let it run for at least 2-3 hours while mining Cryptonite (XCN).

There was a small spike in value yesterday at Poloniex, as XCN reached 358 satoshis.  Right now, the coin sits between 320-340 satoshis.  A monthe ago, when I first was interested in XCN, it lay between 280-300 satoshis.  My 980ti mined at 11-12MH/s with catia's CudaMiner XCN miner, and at 15MH/s with DJM34's Windows CCminer build.  My 980ti is on a Win 7 x64 machine, and my 750ti cards are on Lubuntu 14.04.       --scryptr

How you managed to compile it on Ubuntu 16

Getting this error when compiling on ubuntu 16.

Code:
nvcc -g -O2 -I . -Xptxas "-v" --compiler-bindir /usr/bin/gcc -gencode=arch=compute_50,code=\"sm_50,compute_50\" -gencode=arch=compute_52,code=\"sm_52,compute_52\" --maxrregcount=80 --ptxas-options=-v -I./compat/jansson -o heavy/cuda_blake512.o -c heavy/cuda_blake512.cu
ptxas info    : 0 bytes gmem, 632 bytes cmem[3]
ptxas info    : Compiling entry function '_Z17blake512_gpu_hashILi84EEvijPvPjS1_' for 'sm_50'
ptxas info    : Function properties for _Z17blake512_gpu_hashILi84EEvijPvPjS1_
    192 bytes stack frame, 64 bytes spill stores, 64 bytes spill loads
ptxas info    : Used 80 registers, 352 bytes cmem[0]
ptxas info    : Compiling entry function '_Z17blake512_gpu_hashILi80EEvijPvPjS1_' for 'sm_50'
ptxas info    : Function properties for _Z17blake512_gpu_hashILi80EEvijPvPjS1_
ptxas info    : 0 bytes gmem, 632 bytes cmem[3]
ptxas info    : Compiling entry function '_Z17blake512_gpu_hashILi84EEvijPvPjS1_' for 'sm_52'
ptxas info    : Function properties for _Z17blake512_gpu_hashILi84EEvijPvPjS1_
ptxas info    : Compiling entry function '_Z17blake512_gpu_hashILi80EEvijPvPjS1_' for 'sm_52'
ptxas info    : Function properties for _Z17blake512_gpu_hashILi80EEvijPvPjS1_
/usr/include/string.h: In function ‘void* __mempcpy_inline(void*, const void*, size_t)’:
/usr/include/string.h:652:42: error: ‘memcpy’ was not declared in this scope
   return (char *) memcpy (__dest, __src, __n) + __n;
                                          ^
Makefile:1772: die Regel für Ziel „heavy/cuda_blake512.o“ scheiterte
make[2]: *** [heavy/cuda_blake512.o] Fehler 1
make[2]: Verzeichnis „/home/venom/Downloads/ccminer-m7-branch-master“ wird verlassen
Makefile:1329: die Regel für Ziel „all-recursive“ scheiterte
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Fehler 1
make[1]: Verzeichnis „/home/venom/Downloads/ccminer-m7-branch-master“ wird verlassen
Makefile:475: die Regel für Ziel „all“ scheiterte
make: *** [all] Fehler 2

Still can't get it to compile i give up this sucks so bad..wasted now 5h with install ubuntu and this..always missing libs, and tools and all little shit u have to install with strange named packages.. I know why i never used Ufu**tu :-(
legendary
EVGA GTX 750ti FTW CARD MINING XCN--

OK, I pulled my 750ti card rig off of Library Credits (LBC) and pointed it at "stratum+tcp://xcnpool.1gh.com:7333".  Each card gets about 5850 khash/s, a little less than 1/3 of the hashrate for my EVGA GTX CLASSIFIED 980ti.  The M7 CCminer is mining with 99.7% accepts, and I will let it run for at least 2-3 hours while mining Cryptonite (XCN).

There was a small spike in value yesterday at Poloniex, as XCN reached 358 satoshis.  Right now, the coin sits between 320-340 satoshis.  A monthe ago, when I first was interested in XCN, it lay between 280-300 satoshis.  My 980ti mined at 11-12MH/s with catia's CudaMiner XCN miner, and at 15MH/s with DJM34's Windows CCminer build.  My 980ti is on a Win 7 x64 machine, and my 750ti cards are on Lubuntu 14.04.       --scryptr
legendary
Activity: 1108
Merit: 1005
So what ahashrate you get with this build for XCN?
legendary
nvcc is not in the PATH.
find it and then:

export PATH=***nvcc directory***:$PATH

if you install cuda by .run file, it will be into a subdir of /usr/local, don't know about the deb method.
you can run "find / -xdev -name nvcc" if unsure.

OK, GOOD, NVCC IS THERE--

But, then "make" failed on not finding "gcc-4.9".  An attempt to install v4.9 revealed that  gcc-4.9 was up-to-date.  I then created a symlink to the "/usr/bin/gcc-4.8" directory with "sudo ln -s /usr/bin/gcc-4.8 /usr/bin/gcc-4.9".  

On returning to the "pallas" directory, I issued the command "make", and the compilation continued from where it had errored out.  The compilation is running while I type this.  

VOILA'  It compiled!!!! I  ran the "--help" command.  Right now, the machine is mining Ethereum (ETH), and I will check out your work sometime today.  Thank you, Pallas!

--scryptr
legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1070
XCN is worth mining again :-D it reach 358 yesterday but today still at nice 320

it's the best out there if you can add only one rig to it

210x1440/(3500MH/yourhash=180MH with 6 x 1070)x 320 satoshi value = 0.05+ per day with a rig of 1070 working at 30MH each
XCN is worth mining again :-D it reach 358 yesterday but today still at nice 320
legendary
Black Belt Developer
nvcc is not in the PATH.
find it and then:

export PATH=***nvcc directory***:$PATH

if you install cuda by .run file, it will be into a subdir of /usr/local, don't know about the deb method.
you can run "find / -xdev -name nvcc" if unsure.
legendary
PALLAS, WHAT IS NEEDED TO COMPILE FROM YOUR GITHUB? --

I have a CUDA 8.0rc environment in Lubuntu 14.04, and the compile does not complete.  I've tried modifying the Makefile.am, but can't quite get it righght from the hints in this thread.  Is there a missing file?       --scryptr?

Could you please quote the error you are getting?

I INSTALLED CUDA 8.0RC--

And just now I cloned from git your "ccminer-m7-branch" repository.  Following with "./autogen.sh" and "./configure", and after I ran "sudo apt-get update", I gave the command "make" in the cloned directory, named "pallas".  Everything ran fine until:

nvcc -g -O2 -I . -Xptxas "-v" --compiler-bindir /usr/bin/gcc-4.9 -gencode=arch=compute_50,code=\"sm_50,compute_50\" -gencode=arch=compute_52,code=\"sm_52,compute_52\" --maxrregcount=80 --ptxas-options=-v  -o heavy/cuda_blake512.o -c heavy/cuda_blake512.cu
/bin/bash: nvcc: command not found
make[2]: *** [heavy/cuda_blake512.o] Error 127
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/user/pallas'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/user/pallas'
make: *** [all] Error 2

I then gave the command "nvcc" in my home directory and got:

"The program 'nvcc' is currently not installed. You can install it by typing:
sudo apt-get install nvidia-cuda-toolkit"

I then gave the command "sudo apt-get install nvidia-cuda-toolkit", and got:

"Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
Some packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have
requested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable
distribution that some required packages have not yet been created
or been moved out of Incoming.
The following information may help to resolve the situation:

The following packages have unmet dependencies:
 nvidia-cuda-toolkit : Depends: nvidia-opencl-dev (= 5.5.22-3ubuntu1) but it is not going to be installed or
                                opencl-dev
E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages."

The CUDA toolkit is installed, but something is missing.  I used the *.deb package after removing my CUDA Toolkit 7.5 package and drivers.   CTK 8.0rc is installed with the newer drivers, and I was able to run the Claymore Linux binary.

Where do I go from here?       -scryptr
legendary
Black Belt Developer
PALLAS, WHAT IS NEEDED TO COMPILE FROM YOUR GITHUB? --

I have a CUDA 8.0rc environment in Lubuntu 14.04, and the compile does not complete.  I've tried modifying the Makefile.am, but can't quite get it righght from the hints in this thread.  Is there a missing file?       --scryptr?

Could you please quote the error you are getting?
Pages:
Jump to: