Pages:
Author

Topic: CCminer(SP-MOD) Modded NVIDIA Maxwell / Pascal kernels. - page 6. (Read 2347426 times)

sp_
legendary
Activity: 2884
Merit: 1087
Team Black developer
EDIT2: stable again, just need to rework undervolts:

I have managed to restore cuda 10.2 performance in the spminer #4 cuda 11.2 build on the gtx 1070, but not sure about the P104-090.. Zil switch implemented Disable mining while zil is active. (auto generation of verthash.dat added. Zergpool working. linux support. Next is to create a static linux build. Plan to release in a few days.

spminer for vertcoin #4 has been released

https://github.com/sp-hash/SPMiner/releases

7423e20593f1e39442b152d0de9183a339c744e7a5f549d734dc1bd2fac2ba3d
spminer4.7z

- Restore cuda 10.2 performance from #1
- zilliqa switch implemented Disable mining while zilminer is active.
- Auto generation of verthash.dat added.
- Fixed Zergpool and improved the stratum code (fewer rejects)
- Stop mining on disconnection
- Faster GPU init and mining start (1 second dag creation)

But surprise surprise. miningpoolhub just see the opposite and paid accordingly!  giving spminer card a 10% $$ advantage compared to the other two.
It was 24 hour, so it can't be luck. And its enough clear for me.

Thanks for testing. With zil dual mining in spminer #4, you can get another +15% profit.Spminer is the fastest miner, the most profitable and the most stable miner for vertcoin.

[moderator's note: consecutive posts merged]
Activity: 40
Merit: 1
I'm having a problem with spminer 1 in the donation period? Please see this video:

Did you add enough virtual memory to the rig? 32gb should be enough. spminer1 has known issues, and you should upgrade. #4 is coming soon,. Working stable on linux now- The hashrate is looking good.

I had it set to 20gb. I will try 32 soon, just reinstalling windows.

Maybe this is it. I removed one card so only 5 and it works, but I get a lot of rejected shares (20%~) on mining pool hub with the 5 cards in spminer 1, all with returned reason of "low difficulty share" is this just because my hashrate is much higher now, is it okay to ignore this? I think maybe there is an issue with my windows install as I had some blue screens, after I reinstall I will test again and report back.

Image of "low diff share" rejects: https://ibb.co/7G79nSg

I want to use a newer version but all of them have much lower hashrate for me, it's like losing a whole card.

PS: verthash miner was also crashing with 6 cards not just spminer. The error was something like 700 unable to allocate to device memory"

EDIT: I might of found the problem, one of my cards doesn't like being undervolted as much as the others and was causing the crash I think, need to do more testing but seems stable right now.

EDIT2: stable again, just need to rework undervolts: https://ibb.co/3NwRX9z
sp_
legendary
Team Black developer
I'm having a problem with spminer 1 in the donation period? Please see this video:

Did you add enough virtual memory to the rig? 32gb should be enough. spminer1 has known issues, and you should upgrade. #4 is coming soon,. Working stable on linux now- The hashrate is looking good.
Okay thanks. If you can't combine them, please add a v1 fix 14 with Zil miner switch if possible, that would be great.

What hashrate are you getting on the P106-090 with the spminer 3 cuda 10.2 build?

Only 317kh per card :/

I'm having a problem with spminer 1 in the donation period? Please see this video: https://streamable.com/mf6pap

It seems to be going on for ages? When will it stop? Is it always like this? I just setup a new rig with 6 cards and it is happening now while I'm trying to test.
sp_
legendary
Team Black developer
SPminer for vertcoin New version released

- Faster startup
- Fixed startup difficulty bug
- added intensity option for opencl devices

spminer3_cuda10.2_fix1.7z
spminer3_fix1.7z
legendary
Activity: 1793
Merit: 1028
i can´t connect to zergpool or to mining-dutch. Same problem as in the previous version.

It's on the todo list.

Linux support is working on opencl, but cuda has performance problems.

THANKS FOR LINUX SUPPORT--

I hope that it will run standalone, with no library calls.  VertHash is my top earner for my smaller GPUs.  I have 12 GTX 1060 3GB that would be better off mining VTC.  UbqHash keeps producing false orphans; the wallet is flawed.  The orphan can be corrected if the pool operator takes the time.

Waiting for the Linux version...       --scryptr
sp_
legendary
Team Black developer
I have added a cuda 10.2 build of #3 rtx 3xxx cards fail with this build.

I tested it and it gives Improved hashrate on compute 6.1

Also added faster startup.

https://github.com/sp-hash/SPMiner/releases/

spminer3_cuda10.2.7z
04ae6e28c414d290e7afb9554d9caacc6e6a57438cefc7717176849246456ffd

Okay thanks. If you can't combine them, please add a v1 fix 14 with Zil miner switch if possible, that would be great.

What hashrate are you getting on the P106-090 with the spminer 3 cuda 10.2 build?

i can´t connect to zergpool or to mining-dutch. Same problem as in the previous version.

It's on the todo list.

Linux support is working on opencl, but cuda has performance problems.

Not working well for p106 rig, lower hashrate and huge rejected shares:

This is an old bug. When loading the file into gpumemory with more than 2 gpu's, 2 core celeron and 4gb memory it lags abit. But it's only happening at startup.

Still SPminer#1 remains the best for this rig.

Kernel #1 was tuned for pascal cards and cuda 10.2
Kernel #2 was tuned for rtx cards and cuda 11.2

I will try to include them both in the same build. Or build a seperate cuda 10.2 version.

sp_
legendary
Team Black developer
I can't use your suggested cores setting because energy doesn't come cheap here, so I stick with 1190/840 2090/840 with Matthews straps for eth/Monero

The card in the picture is using 120watt in the wall. Sapphire nitro+ rx 580 Polaris bios editor 1 click strap. -20% powerlimit in MSI afterburner. Latest adrenaline driver
Activity: 476
Merit: 19
I can't use your suggested cores setting because energy doesn't come cheap here, so I stick with 1190/840 2090/840 with Matthews straps for eth/Monero

I tested your spminer3 and trm,(and srbminer) with the same setting on the same 6 "sisters" rx 570 itx elpida cards at the same time using 3 accounts.

TRM seem to be faster than your 488 Khs/ cards just going a little over 500....................................with SRB coming 3rd

But surprise surprise. miningpoolhub just see the opposite and paid accordingly!  gGving spminer card a 10% $$ advantage compared to the other two.
It was 24 hour, so it can't be luck. And its enough clear for me.

only weird thing? your 1 % seem to be 1 % but it comes in a weird way in one big shot

But from tomorrow, you know what I am using right ?
Unless etc keep increasing, of course...
sp_
legendary
Team Black developer
Working on spminer #4

Faster start(5 seconds), fewer rejects, ZIL support. +++

And Linux support

Not working alone anymore. Supported by Team Black (www.pouet.net)
legendary
Activity: 1793
Merit: 1028
I MINE WITH LINUX--

Here is what I posted on the TeamRedMiner Discord today:

"scryptr — Today at 8:16 AM

I have 4X Nitro+ 4GB RX580 w/Elpida.  Clocks 1250/1870, hash 540kH/s per GPU.  Seems stable overnight.
I get some rejects, wheras mining Haven (XHV) I had near 0 yesterday with TRM 8.
Currently 2 rejects out of 180 accepts, ~1%
The straight-to-memory verthash.dat is a really nice touch."

This was performed on an ethOS rig with older AMD drivers.  It is a modded Ubuntu 14.04 based system.  The developers abandoned the system.

My 1050ti cards are mining UBQ at about 13.5MH/s per card with PhoenixMiner 5.5c in an ethOS rig.  They are steady with near zero rejects.  ZergPool rates UBQ more profitable than VTC.  I am mining both coins on ZergPool (using ethOS) and will compare for myself.

The VertHash free miner will not run on ethOS, it calls for libraries not present.  Please make a static build capable of running on the older linux system.  TRM works well on ethOS, but only runs on AMD cards.  TRM just released v8.2 with VTC today.

--scryptr
Activity: 1558
Merit: 69
Hey sp_

F2pool work, hashalot work also.
sp_
legendary
Team Black developer
Not working well for p106 rig, lower hashrate and huge rejected shares:

This is an old bug. When loading the file into gpumemory with more than 2 gpu's, 2 core celeron and 4gb memory it lags abit. But it's only happening at startup.

Kernel #1 was tuned for pascal cards and cuda 10.2
Kernel #2 was tuned for rtx cards and cuda 11.2

I will try to include them both in the same build. Or build a seperate cuda 10.2 version.
SPMiner 3 for vertcoin released 21-april-2021  (~1% fee)
Opencl/cuda

- Stratum rewritten for smoother switching.
- Use less memory
- Stability fixes
- Try to fix r9 280x

06200df2fc53797b7324015aad630a57c59804f8e4617c0bd782ccc208025157
spminer3.7z

Not working well for p106 rig, lower hashrate and huge rejected shares: https://ibb.co/QQdmrBD

Please add ZIL switch to SPminer #1.
sp_
legendary
Team Black developer
You need to create a user and replace sp with your username in the batfile.

SPMiner 3 for vertcoin released 21-april-2021  (~1% fee)
Opencl/cuda

- Stratum rewritten for smoother switching.
- Use less memory
- Stability fixes
- Try to fix r9 280x

06200df2fc53797b7324015aad630a57c59804f8e4617c0bd782ccc208025157
spminer3.7z

I just fired up my Firepro s10000 it's getting an excellent 779kH/s with stock clocks, however it has the same issue as the R9 280x's. This is in my main Ryzen 7, 16gb system, so it can't be a system issue.

Can you try #3 please.

Should be more stable and use much less memory. The workaround with #2 is to use a 4gb card in the rig, but #3 should work standalone

Planning a linux build on sunday.

Almost there...

Sure sure but the better way is to use switcher or miner that switch automatically. And i tried your way in the beginning of zilminer with other algos and it brings some problems.

In spminer #3 the exe is using minimal memory in order to support dual mining. I will make an optional ZIL switch wich will pause the vertcoin mining while zil is active (45 seconds every 1.5 hours)

Activity: 476
Merit: 19
using your  start_miningpoolhub.bat

we have to substitute in:

-u sp.%computername%

computername

with the name we have registered at mining poolhub ?

and thats it ?

But it works.

1 gtx 1050ti (4gb)

Mining verthash+zil +$ 0.06
Mining verthash+zil with switch software +$0.12

So mining vertcoin with the spminer and zilminer in the background can increase the profit

Sure sure but the better way is to use switcher or miner that switch automatically. And i tried your way in the beginning of zilminer with other algos and it brings some problems.
I am support zilliqa since the first block and love this coin Cheesy

And i am happy to see more and more miners support this, and i love to see that the mining community found that fixed vgpu is better than to adjust Powerlimits for Nvidiacards. I have been using fixed gpu voltage for 2 years  Cheesy

Thanks for the help. I have set up the switcher on both rigs now and see result quickly from one rig, 14mh on the 1050 ti like you say: https://ibb.co/JC7trcZ

Yep I'm undervolting all to 825mv.

I have more cards to add soon, my old mobo broke and my spare has only 3 cards possible, later this week a new 8 card mobo will arrive, total of 9 cards on VTC + ZIL then.
Activity: 1558
Merit: 69
But it works.

1 gtx 1050ti (4gb)

So mining vertcoin with the spminer and zilminer in the background can increase the profit

I am support zilliqa since the first block and love this coin Cheesy

And i am happy to see more and more miners support this, and i love to see that the mining community found that fixed vgpu is better than to adjust Powerlimits for Nvidiacards. I have been using fixed gpu voltage for 2 years  Cheesy

sp_
legendary
Team Black developer
But it works.

1 gtx 1050ti (4gb)

Pages:
Jump to: