Pages:
Author

Topic: CENTRA CTR SCAM - Founders Arrested - page 3. (Read 13608 times)

Activity: 672
Merit: 144
August 15, 2018, 03:03:40 PM
I feel sorry for the investors who are the victims of Centra CTR for they are the one who lost a lot.  For sure they are panicking about this issue and this will be the start of their downfall. They cannot recover their investments they placed and broke the big dreams into pieces. This is the sad part of this story. The good thing is the founders was arrested and can be given justice for those innocent who were taken advantage. I hope this news will be a massive warning for those scammers out there that it is possible that one day they will caught and be arrested. They should stop what they are doing. 
I completely agree with you, because this is a serious precedent with respect to the punishment of scammers not trustworthy ico companies. The main thing is to bring the investigation to completion and put a logical point in the punishment for this crime.
Activity: 83
Merit: 0
August 15, 2018, 01:51:06 PM
I feel sorry for the investors who are the victims of Centra CTR for they are the one who lost a lot.  For sure they are panicking about this issue and this will be the start of their downfall. They cannot recover their investments they placed and broke the big dreams into pieces. This is the sad part of this story. The good thing is the founders was arrested and can be given justice for those innocent who were taken advantage. I hope this news will be a massive warning for those scammers out there that it is possible that one day they will caught and be arrested. They should stop what they are doing. 
Activity: 659
Merit: 250
August 15, 2018, 01:11:58 PM
Information presented by OP. It's been interesting to observe, which's also a learning material for all of us so that we aren't trapped by the next generation of CENTRA CTR which's likely to come back in the future.
This so called scam or fraud projects will not going to come back instead they will being alarmed with this case in centra that they should be aware of this before running the same style of money making coins without a proper legal process or entities was made before they run an ico.
Activity: 532
Merit: 255
August 11, 2018, 02:45:59 PM
Information presented by OP. It's been interesting to observe, which's also a learning material for all of us so that we aren't trapped by the next generation of CENTRA CTR which's likely to come back in the future.
Activity: 1050
Merit: 295
August 11, 2018, 01:57:57 PM
New thread created about this possible new scam for those who want to chip in: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4873091.new#new
Activity: 1050
Merit: 295
August 10, 2018, 02:19:21 PM
I've just been informed that Centra founders are back and running another ICO.
Waiting for verification on this information.
Will update here
Activity: 81
August 10, 2018, 02:10:28 PM
Oh man.. I have lost all my investments and it will never go up again after the decision of delisting. I have invested 3 Ethereum in this project and the i have lost them all. Unfortunately i was late enough to sell earlier.

Don't lose hope. This will be a good lesson not to trust 100% on ICO even you feel it is promising. Make a new strategy to make your loss get back on track again. I feel really bad to all CTR holders and hoping they can get a jackpot on their next ICO investment.
Activity: 221
Merit: 13
August 10, 2018, 02:02:32 PM
Guys while sharing your exp in here is memorable it won't help future new guys from getting screwed up on centra's new project!

Keep that in mind.

We need to be posting in a topic dedicated to their new phantom.org project which is run by the same shady people behind centra.

I've created this: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.43733786

Please focus in there.
Activity: 2744
Merit: 541
Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man
August 10, 2018, 01:17:33 AM
That's gonna be a hardfall for an ICO that seems to be promising since the start until it was listed on the market. Unexpectedly, it turned to be just a scam and it fall to almost 80% of its market price in just about 24 hours and now it's nowhere to be found in coinmarketcap. Hope everyone has learned a lesson to always be careful of what they're into.
Actually they are lucky enough because its been common for the scam projectt now that the coin/token don't come to the exchangers and the dev runs with the investors money before the very moment ico has finished,but this project goes to exchange so if investors wise enough to sell all their token/coins when ot was listed,maybe it wasn't on the coinmarketcap thats whu it cannot be found there
Activity: 1722
Merit: 252
August 10, 2018, 12:30:52 AM
Of course this is sad, even though I bought more than 2 ETH in December when the price of bitcoin is more than 14k, even though they use Floyd Mayweather Jr. as an advertising star, but like this crypto is hard to guess.
Activity: 854
Merit: 108
August 09, 2018, 10:43:33 PM
Finally, vindication has come for members of this community who stuck by their guns and called out CTR for what it was; a scam.

Also, never trust celebrity endorsement: https://www.sec.gov/news/press-release/2018-53

CTR tokens are now in freefall: http://www.coinfox.info/news/9186-centra-founders-arrested-in-us-token-dips-by-60

This unique scam experience will teach us more lessons that we will not just rely on famous celebrity endorsers just to determine the legitimacy of the project but we need to double our effort of reviewing the projects very well for now on but i also think that this project is not really a scam at first because of their positive credentials that maybe the ICO staff were just tempted to make the project to be a scam because of the huge money involved.
Activity: 294
August 09, 2018, 10:11:38 PM
Who could have thought Centra would turn out to be scam,  these guy really put a lots of work into deceiving investors!

Indeed, no one knows that Centra is a scam, we are also surprised and sorry about this incident, but this has happened, hoping that this incident will not be repeated and become a valuable lesson for us.
Activity: 434
Merit: 100
August 09, 2018, 09:39:10 PM
Finally, vindication has come for members of this community who stuck by their guns and called out CTR for what it was; a scam.

Also, never trust celebrity endorsement: https://www.sec.gov/news/press-release/2018-53

CTR tokens are now in freefall: http://www.coinfox.info/news/9186-centra-founders-arrested-in-us-token-dips-by-60

I read the news some months ago, but it is nice to read it again, at least some of those scammers are now going to pay for their crimes, while it is impossible to catch them all I think the message is what it is important, if you scam and you leave a trace the police can follow they are going to eventually come knocking at your door to arrest you.
Activity: 182
Merit: 10
August 09, 2018, 05:29:28 PM
Who could have thought Centra would turn out to be scam,  these guy really put a lots of work into deceiving investors!
Merit: 2
August 09, 2018, 05:10:16 PM
It is very insulting when the invested money disappears. I invested in this project quite a bit, only 50 dollars, but still insulting

I'm glad I sold my coins which I got for free at the time. This was long before they were busted.
Merit: 2
August 09, 2018, 05:08:31 PM
Here's an active development, the founders are back with a new shady project created to make you lose money:

PHANTOM – Scalable, Interoperable, Private Smart Contracts ran by centra tech

This is why the cryptospace is the wild wild west. Imagine fraudsters coming trying to rebrand and reenter the space with another shady project. With such bad reputation, people should blacklist them and stay away
Activity: 237
Merit: 1
August 09, 2018, 04:59:26 PM
It is very insulting when the invested money disappears. I invested in this project quite a bit, only 50 dollars, but still insulting

Patience in dealing with all this, indeed Centra was a successful project and no one thought it would. There must be wisdom from all this. Luckily, I sold the coin so I was grateful for not storing it.
Merit: 1
August 09, 2018, 02:52:09 PM
Activity: 359
Merit: 10
Freedom
August 09, 2018, 02:45:54 PM
Here's an active development, the founders are back with a new shady project created to make you lose money:

The funny thing is IMO the BS they are launching now is what the project should have originally been launched as.  An unbranded cryptocard with no bells and whistles, phony promises, celebrity endorsements, that is run by average joes and done offshore and will only work in the 3rd world.  But because that wouldnt have raised $32m they decided to scam everyone and promise things they had no right to promise, so now they go to jail

It's sad to hear this. Even though it has been able to develop and have a community, what does it say if its founder has deceived.
Present again for pembenaha, but who will believe it? it will only be the laughter of many people. Be patient to deal with cases like this.
I am very sad to see Centra, we know they yesterday got maximum sales but they only give promises of false promises and more sadistic, cetra is lost in coinmarcetcap
Activity: 602
Merit: 100
VANM - VIRAL ADVERTISING NETWORK MINING
August 09, 2018, 02:29:28 PM

The funny thing is IMO the BS they are launching now is what the project should have originally been launched as.  An unbranded cryptocard with no bells and whistles, phony promises, celebrity endorsements, that is run by average joes and done offshore and will only work in the 3rd world.  But because that wouldnt have raised $32m they decided to scam everyone and promise things they had no right to promise, so now they go to jail

It's sad to hear this. Even though it has been able to develop and have a community, what does it say if its founder has deceived.
Present again for pembenaha, but who will believe it? it will only be the laughter of many people. Be patient to deal with cases like this.
Pages:
Jump to: