Pages:
Author

Topic: CEO OF BITCOIN EXCHANGE ARRESTED - page 9. (Read 23718 times)

Activity: 182
Merit: 10
January 28, 2014, 02:25:01 AM
I would rather he just OD'd and took himself out of the gene pool than justify all the disgusting human behavior that prohibition creates.

You will pay the price for your comments.

Take it personal if you want I have plenty of drug addict relatives myself, hell we all do don't we? That is the point. It doesn't work, your brother will either clean up or die or third option rot in prison. It isn't silk road's fault or anyone else's, it's a racket that will always be here and all you do is encourage it by condoning it.

legendary
Activity: 3010
Merit: 1031
RIP Mommy
January 28, 2014, 02:12:52 AM
I would rather he just OD'd and took himself out of the gene pool than justify all the disgusting human behavior that prohibition creates.

We're all going to pay the price for thinking we have a single shred of liberty. Unless that's a personal threat from you to jballs.
legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000
January 28, 2014, 01:32:16 AM
He should step down from the foundation ASAP.

"Guard! Guard!"

"What is it, Chuck?"

"I need to make a phone call ASAP!"

"To a lawyer?"

"No! To The Bitcoin Foundation. I want to make sure they don't give my seat away. BTW, can I have another blanket? Guard! GUARDDD!"

LMAO I laughed way to hard at this LMAO He would be thrown into psy-ward and we never see him again, if he did that.
Activity: 295
Merit: 250
"to survive, we must live and fly"
January 28, 2014, 02:10:19 AM

Activity: 420
January 28, 2014, 02:03:48 AM
This shit ain't prohibition. It's tracking down fuckin idiots who think they are internet che guevarras when they can't even take care of themselves.

When prohibition doesn't work, it's time to kill and erase everything. You think prohibition is somekind of an ultimate form of state oppression? LOL this posh ass thinking.

Exactly what I would expect from 1st world retards who believe they know anything about 'government oppression'.

This kid got his ass burned because he thought he could run his shit behind his computer without any repercussions in other people's lives. His was a crime of ignorance and irresponsibility, and now he's paying for it. Crypto can be used for all kinds, certainly as a means to pay off someone for murdering your family.

Who are you all kidding anyway?

January 28, 2014, 01:56:32 AM
After watching my little brother go into rehab and come out overweight and sluggish but clean after a Silk Road fueled drug stint, I sympathize with the actions of the government bodies in this case. Knowingly supplying the means to purchase drugs is abhorrent and wrong. That being said, Yankee is a martyr in a philosophical sense and I hope one day we can grant him a Presidential pardon. He is a necessary force in this Universe that has greatly fostered economic equal opportunity and efficiency. Someone had to do the dirty work of the early days of cryptocurrency advocacy.

It is not the obligation of the state to keep your little brother's nose out of a bag of shit. Sorry but until we all snap out of this FUCKING STUPID idea that prohibition works, and is not totally corrupt, and insanely violent, and profoundly wasteful of human life, we are doomed to perpetuate the cycle. Your brother is a junky get him help or let him be a junky. You think his being a junky entitles a paradigm of drug cartels, crooked banks, paramilitary terrorists, billion dollar black budgets, thug street violence, overflowing prisons, and fat cops and fat prison guards on fat pensions telling us they are keeping us safe, sorry your brother is his own problem, and I would rather he just OD'd and took himself out of the gene pool than justify all the disgusting human behavior that prohibition creates. The government isn't helping, they are just price support for the cartels and the enforcement biz. Wake the fuck up please. 42 years of war on drugs, ain't gonna win it, time to change.
legendary
Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570
Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending
January 28, 2014, 01:56:20 AM
Charlie Shrem could be a patsy and the NSA probably spied on him just like every other VIP figure in the BTC Network. It's only a matter of time before they start taking down other high profiles within the community!

Luckily, theymos won't let the NSA or FBI have access to the PM or IP logs of this forum.

I pity the guy with the highest post count.
legendary
January 28, 2014, 01:28:42 AM
Prosecutor can kindly go burn in Hell. Speechless. This is the most blatant anti-Bitcoin rights violation I've seen yet, way worse than the thug letters sent to Caldwell.

Shrem shouldn't step down from anything over this. The Foundation should be supporting him, not throwing him under the bus because they think they can influence the BTC price a couple points higher. Have some fucking integrity.

If The Bitcoin Foundation fails to expunge this guy, it will forever taint the entire coin in the general public's eye. The acceptance of the general public is the only path for Bitcoin to grow beyond what it is today.

Read the indictment, this guy was clearly funding illegal activity, exactly what Bitcoin doesn't need.

~BCX~

The ball is most definitely in The Bitcoin Foundation's court, and while they're at it...

legendary
January 28, 2014, 01:15:30 AM
He should step down from the foundation ASAP.

"Guard! Guard!"

"What is it, Chuck?"

"I need to make a phone call ASAP!"

"To a lawyer?"

"No! To The Bitcoin Foundation. I want to make sure they don't give my seat away. BTW, can I have another blanket? Guard! GUARDDD!"
Activity: 295
"to survive, we must live and fly"
January 28, 2014, 01:12:39 AM
After watching my little brother go into rehab and come out overweight and sluggish but clean after a Silk Road fueled drug stint, I sympathize with the actions of the government bodies in this case. Knowingly supplying the means to purchase drugs is abhorrent and wrong. That being said, Yankee is a martyr in a philosophical sense and I hope one day we can grant him a Presidential pardon. He is a necessary force in this Universe that has greatly fostered economic equal opportunity and efficiency. Someone had to do the dirty work of the early days of cryptocurrency advocacy.
legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1003
January 28, 2014, 01:08:47 AM
Charlie Shrem could be a patsy and the NSA probably spied on him just like every other VIP figure in the BTC Network. It's only a matter of time before they start taking down other high profiles within the community!

No, its all political theater. Shrem will be fine. He registered with FINCEN. He's helping promote them. Its psychological warfare. Be scared, you could be next!
legendary
Merit: 1010
January 28, 2014, 12:40:12 AM
Seems the moral of the story is anyone involved in bitcoin business, legit or not, really ought to bug out of the USA, and find a free country to do business in.
I hear Somalia is a nice place to set up shop...

The conditions in Somali are a result of multiple failed corrupt institutions in a sequence.

Maybe you can "Un-corrupt" them with the magical power of Bitcoin? Then you can go on to free(rule) all of Africa.

Sorry, as cool as Bitcoin is, you don't undo decades of destruction with a magic wand. I don't want to rule anything, especially other people. What a tiresome job that would be, like herding cats.

Cats or Sheep, same thing?

No... not at all. You must misunderstand the phrase.
Activity: 551
Merit: 500
January 28, 2014, 12:38:10 AM
Seems the moral of the story is anyone involved in bitcoin business, legit or not, really ought to bug out of the USA, and find a free country to do business in.

The conditions in Somali are a result of multiple failed corrupt institutions in a sequence.

Maybe you can "Un-corrupt" them with the magical power of Bitcoin? Then you can go on to free(rule) all of Africa.

Sorry, as cool as Bitcoin is, you don't undo decades of destruction with a magic wand. I don't want to rule anything, especially other people. What a tiresome job that would be, like herding cats.

Cats or Sheep, same thing?
January 28, 2014, 12:37:27 AM

I was thinking Grand Cayman or one of the other islands the bankers own to exempt themselves and their wealth from the laws they enforce upon the plebs.

Somalia not so much.

Go to Belize or Panama !

Columbia has the Chinese version of the Panama Canal and will be a very lucrative thing to happen!
legendary
January 28, 2014, 12:36:59 AM

January 28, 2014, 12:36:02 AM
Activity: 280
V for Victory or Rather JustV8
January 28, 2014, 12:27:56 AM

legendary
January 28, 2014, 12:26:48 AM

January 28, 2014, 12:26:02 AM

I was thinking Grand Cayman or one of the other islands the bankers own to exempt themselves and their wealth from the laws they enforce upon the plebs.

Somalia not so much.
Activity: 280
V for Victory or Rather JustV8
January 28, 2014, 12:23:55 AM

Pages:
Jump to: