Pages:
Author

Topic: CEX.IO - page 3. (Read 69699 times)

legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003
May 10, 2015, 09:41:06 PM
no block found on ghash.io for over a day, defies probability or just bad luck?

They are only finding about 4% of the blocks, so not finding one in 24 hours is not unusual.
and that happened last when?
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003
May 10, 2015, 04:20:15 PM
no block found on ghash.io for over a day, defies probability or just bad luck?
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
August 21, 2014, 06:25:39 PM
Hello,
I'm looking for someone so kind to send me CSV of historical prices (ghash in btc) on CEX...
Also do you have any idea about past changes in maintenance costs? Is anybody logging this?
Thank you very much, please PM me..
carlos

I don't have a CSV for historical GHS price, but you can check on https://bitcoinwisdom.com/markets/cexio/ghsbtc for the GHS price since Jan 2014.
Activity: 107
Merit: 10
August 21, 2014, 11:34:38 AM
Hello,
I'm looking for someone so kind to send me CSV of historical prices (ghash in btc) on CEX...
Also do you have any idea about past changes in maintenance costs? Is anybody logging this?
Thank you very much, please PM me..
carlos
Activity: 10
Merit: 0
August 11, 2014, 06:37:33 PM
CEX.IO Bitcoin Mining Return on Investment Calculation
Very good summary here:
http://ppalme.wordpress.com/2014/01/20/cex-io-bitcoin-mining-return-on-investment-calculation/

Altogether from my point of view one can say that mining does not have any benefits for the customers.
Here you kann see how the price per GH/s reduces 10.5 in 7 Months:
https://bitcoinwisdom.com/markets/cexio/ghsbtc

The earning through mining (for example with 100GH/s) is about 0.0003 BTC in 5,5h, Maintenance included, 0,2% Fee not.
I will test the Cloud Mining of CEX.IO some days more, but it looks like a useless invest.

I think with this low earnings the Mining-ROI will never fund the loss of the invest for the GH/s.
And Difficulty increases two times a month and then you have to reinvest in GH/s to get the same earnings like before.
Maybe a good ROI is possible with "daymining" with very high investments > 5TH/s.
But the risk compared with the possible benefit ...

Sorry, currently i´m not convinced.
Activity: 52
July 14, 2014, 07:32:54 PM
If mining is not profitable, why difficult does not go down?!?
CEXIO is sucking the last drop of its customers, thats the truth.

Change it, CEXIO! Evolve! Be serious.

Because, I am sad to say, mining is a losing game right now IMHO.

And CEX.IO GHS/BTC is only catching up with the cold reality.

I like CEX IO and maybe that is the reality... Temporarily, I hope!

But if mining is not profitable we must face 2 things
- total hash rate decay... what is not happening right now but when it happens, difficulty goes down too;
- if not, death of bitcoin will overcome, case just validating transactions doesnt pay enough to miners.
Activity: 264
Merit: 250
July 14, 2014, 04:25:03 PM
Does any one really have ROI in cex io ?

How much invested and how long invested ?

I have only good experiences about cex, but you need really trade there if you want roi. buy, mine, sell and buy & mine again. You can also lose fast if wrong timing.
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1035
July 14, 2014, 03:26:07 PM

Because, I am sad to say, mining is a losing game right now IMHO.

And CEX.IO GHS/BTC is only catching up with the cold reality.
July 13, 2014, 12:22:38 PM

We re just getting goxxed at CEXIO.... Really too bad.

https://bitcoinwisdom.com/markets/cexio/ghsbtc

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000
July 12, 2014, 09:53:07 AM

Activity: 560
July 12, 2014, 05:44:06 AM
From Petamine thread.  

So CEX's price per GHS is ~0.00627.  Since Peta is now pretty much equivalent to CEX in operation, the current price of ~0.003 Peta per GHS is a bargain!!

The Peta maintenance fee is lower by my calculations as well:
CEX = 20c per GHS / Month
Peta = 16.4c per GHS / Month (Based on 1150TH @ $625 / BTC)

https://www.havelockinvestments.com/order.php?symbol=PETA
legendary
June 17, 2014, 09:24:08 PM
So are they moving away their cloud hash power?

Obviously miners with hardware directed at GHash.io aren't mining anywhere else Wink
Activity: 672
http://fuk.io - check it out!
June 16, 2014, 12:04:47 AM
http://fuk.io/cexio-ghashio-jeffrey-smith-interview-exclusive/ my interview with their CIO about current/future.
legendary
May 31, 2014, 01:00:54 PM
Is the maintenance fee really only charged for the CEX.io cloud mining, or all submitted shares if you have at least some GHS of cloud mining?
Activity: 113
April 29, 2014, 11:59:07 AM
From a quick reading of TOS version 2, and maintenance page, CEX is changing GHS maintenance fee calculation for a flat monthly tax of $0.26 per GHS. First analysis: seems better! At least, seems fair enough. Of course, when mining does not result in blocks, user will still be charged the maintenance. So difficulty will tell profitability. All in all, I think it is more easily understandable to the user.

We ll see how it works. So far, congrats CEX. Changing was needed.

PS
Trading fee is also here now, TOS v2, but in a 1st glance of my existing orders I didnt see a % value.

CEX.IO currently charges a fixed 0.2% commission on all buy/sell transactions, excluding those of trading Futures Contracts (FHA and FHM).

The monthly fee is something what we have to take a look at today the diff will change and then we have to wait how much blocks will be found. Another question is the fee charged at the end of the month ? What will be charge if im selling all my GHs before end of month ? It will be charged for the days im owning the GHs ?
April 29, 2014, 10:45:47 AM
From a quick reading of TOS version 2, and maintenance page, CEX is changing GHS maintenance fee calculation for a flat monthly tax of $0.26 per GHS. First analysis: seems better! At least, seems fair enough. Of course, when mining does not result in blocks, user will still be charged the maintenance. So difficulty will tell profitability. All in all, I think it is more easily understandable to the user.

We ll see how it works. So far, congrats CEX. Changing was needed.

PS
Trading fee is also here now, TOS v2, but in a 1st glance of my existing orders I didnt see a % value.
legendary
Activity: 1386
April 20, 2014, 11:06:51 AM
Hi guys, just wanted to stop by in this thread to let you know about a Derivative product I run called BDD - the Bitcoin Difficulty Derivative.

One of its components, B.MINE, acts as a 5GH/s miner and makes daily payouts based on about what a 5GH/s miner would mine in a day. You can trade it just like a stock on the exchange, just like CEX.io. However, there are no other fees because the shares are backed by formula, not actual hardware. This means no variance and no electricity bills  Smiley

Currently, CEX.io runs at about .0094 BTC for 1GH/s; B.MINE runs at about .00572 BTC per GH/s (about 40% cheaper per GH/s!) - B.MINE is sold in 5GH/s shares, however.

I've never really mentioned or 'promoted' B.MINE outside of the Securities subforum, partially because it's part of a larger set of Securities that are all linked together. B.SELL, which is B.MINE's counterpart, actually allows people to bet that B.MINE is overvalued on the market. I highly recommend reading up on BDD if you do consider purchasing any shares, as there are some key differences between BDD and CEX.io.

So, thanks for reading - if you have any questions please feel free to stop by the BDD Thread or shoot me a PM.

Happy trading-

I actually use this derivative a lot for mining and if you sell at the right time is much more profitable.
You would not happen to be promoting it more now that you make that management fee 2% Tongue but seriously its a great alternative but again risky as well

Though you may not believe it, it is coincidental to my management fee being instituted recently. I was already getting a (small) cut of the exchanges fees generated from it trading on the Exchange.

The reason I bring this up to CEX customers now is because, yesterday, BDD was mentioned in the PETA-Mine thread. This caused me to go and compare GH/s (GHS) rates at CEX.io - I really had NO idea that people were trading GHS at such a premium (what I consider a premium) compared to B.MINE.

Looking at the Derivative as a whole, it is definitely complicated - not for the casual trader. But, in the context of B.MINE vs. 5 GHS at CEX.io? I feel like that's a no-brainer. You're getting similar payouts for 40% less and, if the difficulty continues to increase, you get paid out 200 days of dividends at the end. I am admittedly trying to 'drum up' business for B.MINE - I think that there is a serious market for it with those that trade on CEX.io right now, but I don't see anything unethical about that.

Thanks for trading in it!
legendary
Activity: 924
April 20, 2014, 12:56:30 AM
Hi guys, just wanted to stop by in this thread to let you know about a Derivative product I run called BDD - the Bitcoin Difficulty Derivative.

One of its components, B.MINE, acts as a 5GH/s miner and makes daily payouts based on about what a 5GH/s miner would mine in a day. You can trade it just like a stock on the exchange, just like CEX.io. However, there are no other fees because the shares are backed by formula, not actual hardware. This means no variance and no electricity bills  Smiley

Currently, CEX.io runs at about .0094 BTC for 1GH/s; B.MINE runs at about .00572 BTC per GH/s (about 40% cheaper per GH/s!) - B.MINE is sold in 5GH/s shares, however.

I've never really mentioned or 'promoted' B.MINE outside of the Securities subforum, partially because it's part of a larger set of Securities that are all linked together. B.SELL, which is B.MINE's counterpart, actually allows people to bet that B.MINE is overvalued on the market. I highly recommend reading up on BDD if you do consider purchasing any shares, as there are some key differences between BDD and CEX.io.

So, thanks for reading - if you have any questions please feel free to stop by the BDD Thread or shoot me a PM.

Happy trading-

I actually use this derivative a lot for mining and if you sell at the right time is much more profitable.
You would not happen to be promoting it more now that you make that management fee 2% Tongue but seriously its a great alternative but again risky as well
legendary
Activity: 1386
April 19, 2014, 01:43:31 PM

Happy trading-
Pages:
Jump to: