Pages:
Author

Topic: CEX.IO - page 6. (Read 69699 times)

Activity: 9
Merit: 0
January 01, 2014, 12:07:10 AM
simple question, if diff increase, how the price of ghs will be? drop or raise?

With difficulty increases, you get less return from your mining so in theory, based on the fundamentals, the price should drop. However, what tends to happen is that miners perceive that they need more hashing power to counteract the difficulty increase, so their demand drives the price higher. There's usually some volatility in price as fundamentalists sell and optimists buy, so if you're careful it is sometimes possible to sell high and buy low if you get your timing right. Conversely, some people have got that wrong, misjudged the situation, sold low thinking it would drop and were forced to buy back in higher when miner demand outstripped the selling pressure.

You normally hear people moaning on threads like this when they get it wrong. You need to make the decision why you're using a product like CEX, is it to mine, to trade or both. Being clear about that will help optimize your strategy.

Smiley

I was thinking along the same exact lines. And I agree, But I believe there is one additional variable to consider, and that is whether or not they are adding hardware. If they never added any hardware then the value should go up as the demand for the limited GH goes up. But every time they expand and increase the GH available, shares go down. That's my concern, as I find it very hard to believe they will never expand, especially as difficulty increases, the GH they offer becomes more useless.

And passive income will similarly diminish, for more obvious reasons. Difficulty up, ROI down. After lots of thought, it's For these reason I'm staying
away, though it was very very interesting.
legendary
Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000
Nighty Night Don't Let The Trolls Bite Nom Nom Nom
December 29, 2013, 06:48:02 AM
such swings, much trade, very profit..... WOW
Activity: 560
Merit: 500
November 26, 2013, 07:12:57 PM
Nobody on CEX.IO intends to hold their GHs for a long period. It's not really about mining there, which we can all agree is not good value for money. It's about trading, with the added novelty of getting money (even small amounts) while the coins are waiting to sell. And now there is the second minor bonus of merged mining. But remember, it's about trading.
AJJ
Activity: 15
November 26, 2013, 06:44:23 PM
I have outlined my calculation for the expected return on investment in cex with links to the information and tools so you can do the sums your self.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.3713196

I don't understand why people are paying so much.
Activity: 532
Are you like these guys?
November 26, 2013, 11:14:13 AM

With difficulty increases, you get less return from your mining so in theory, based on the fundamentals, the price should drop. However, what tends to happen is that miners perceive that they need more hashing power to counteract the difficulty increase, so their demand drives the price higher. There's usually some volatility in price as fundamentalists sell and optimists buy, so if you're careful it is sometimes possible to sell high and buy low if you get your timing right. Conversely, some people have got that wrong, misjudged the situation, sold low thinking it would drop and were forced to buy back in higher when miner demand outstripped the selling pressure.

You normally hear people moaning on threads like this when they get it wrong. You need to make the decision why you're using a product like CEX, is it to mine, to trade or both. Being clear about that will help optimise your strategy.

Smiley
Activity: 1400
Merit: 505
November 26, 2013, 09:39:35 AM
Activity: 316
Merit: 250
@WizardOfOre
November 24, 2013, 12:01:14 PM
I bought 0.36101079GH and i'm hashing at .48!  Shocked

You have to be happy with that!

As commented, it is likely to smooth down to your purchased level, but if it doesn't let us know exactly what you did and I'm sure a few folks will be anxious to emulate your actions Wink

I hear you, I am very interested on this issue,
Just started and am wondering if this is good/normal?

Thank you,
-Branzig.
Activity: 6
November 12, 2013, 03:49:38 AM
I guess everyone crawled to official cex thread)

BTW, positive news regarding nmc, ixc and dvc merged mining, but i doubt that they'll not implement maintenance fee soon.

Hello!

I'm curious, any comments on "cex.io pool growth" / "GHS/BTC price" ?
Activity: 303
November 11, 2013, 11:25:49 PM
I guess everyone crawled to official cex thread)

BTW, positive news regarding nmc, ixc and dvc merged mining, but i doubt that they'll not implement maintenance fee soon.
Activity: 17
November 09, 2013, 01:13:37 PM
bah, rebound rebound rebound!!
legendary
Activity: 924
Merit: 1000
November 09, 2013, 10:44:05 AM
CEX.io hurt me recently with all the decline but good thing I sold out at a much less loss than now. I am ready to buy back in very soon.
Are you like these guys?
November 09, 2013, 06:50:55 AM
Is the site down? In Firefox it won't render properly and I can't sign in on Opera or IE.

This seems to be happening quite a lot recently  Undecided

legendary
Activity: 1974
Merit: 1076
^ Will code for Bitcoins
November 08, 2013, 04:10:51 PM
I just want the price back up to .11 so I can get out Smiley

No, price goes straight to 0.06 so I can get back in with my reinvestment

Something in the middle locks most realistic, good luck to both  Cheesy
Activity: 588
November 08, 2013, 03:41:42 PM

No, price goes straight to 0.06 so I can get back in with my reinvestment
Activity: 17
November 08, 2013, 01:39:50 PM
Are you like these guys?
November 05, 2013, 05:43:05 PM
I'm looking at the official CEX thread from time to time but this thread has been running for longer and being unofficial it remains free from the sycophancy and fanboy mentality that official threads sometimes develop.

The interests of clients and management are not always the same and I'm not going to be posting on the official thread as in my opinion they've offered rather weak replies to comments raised there, particularly those by RoadTrain earlier here:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ghashio-and-double-spending-against-betcoin-dice-321630

The topic was raised on the official thread and CEX seem to think that the inquiring minds of bitcoinland will be fobbed off with a couple of ill-conceived sentences from their support staff (who I have to remark have been very quick, helpful and proactive in all my direct dealings with them) but it's not good enough just to ignore this matter when it's raised on the supposed official thread:

Does anyone here have a point of view or statement on this post:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ghashio-and-double-spending-against-betcoin-dice-321630

I'm not taking any sides or making any accusations, I'm just interested in what you make of it.

Peace.

I'm less interested in what people think are market-moving factors (although speculative observations are always interesting to read) than I am in CEX management responding to genuine client concerns as ignoring matters like this just further weakens the perception of integrity that CEX has. And like IYFTech says above, I'm not interested in taking any sides or making accusations either, but serious questions have been asked, so serious answers are required.

Smiley

Activity: 400
the sun is shining, but the ice is still slippery
November 05, 2013, 10:45:37 AM
I assume you guys are following the Official CEX.IO thread? I had the same sentiment regarding the price the GH/s are selling for but a number of forum members have made some interesting points on the psychology/reasoning of the market. Best explanation I have read thus far.

The CEX Effect - https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.3483771

Instant, commodifiable GHs versus street GH/s - https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.3462226
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1048
November 05, 2013, 10:42:33 AM
price of btc is moments away from its historic peak. ppl will be liquidating positions to peg to fiat in case the price of btc falls. expect a slight dip in the price of cex ghs if it breaks the ceiling. its pretty obvious its gonna go higher than 250 eventually, so not that concerned.

but yeah, don't know what's up with these prices. perhaps this is the unmanipulated market at work? selling pressure is starting to increase a bit. price support at .1, .095, .083, .08. if it breaks .08. it going right to .07 with that massive wall sitting there. lesser walls beyond that, but at that point, unless you purchased at the bottom of market last change you are already at a loss.

still waiting to feast.
Activity: 209
Merit: 100
November 05, 2013, 10:19:54 AM
I wish there was a way to short GHS on cex.io - the price over the past 10 days or so seems irrational, and there's nothing I can do about it - that I know of.
Activity: 368
November 05, 2013, 01:51:34 AM
I think its because the Hardware Redeem option, people like to have hardware they can control...IMHO
Pages:
Jump to: