Pages:
Author

Topic: CGminer v3.8.5 on Broadcom based DD-WRT / OpenWRT - page 20. (Read 76917 times)

donator
Activity: 1419
Merit: 1015
I seem to have a somewhat-related problem.

Through some trial-and-error I got opkg on, but I'm not sure if I have optware or not. I *do* seem to have opkg working correctly, but when I type "service serialmodules on" it can't find "service". Did I miss a step somewhere? I'm using an Atheros based device and not only that, but I'm using a TPLink TL-WR1043ND, so the installation process for opkg was a huge ordeal none of the DD-WRT guides worked, I had to come up with some of my own tweaks.

Is there a way to confirm if I have optware or if opkg works does that already mean optware is on there? I have a feeling I'm missing something obvious.

I know I could use xiangfu's custom .bin for Open-WRT, but I'd prefer to stick with DD-WRT since I'm more experienced with that.
legendary
Activity: 1795
Merit: 1198
This is not OK.
Something odd is going on. DD-WRT has in-built NTP client, which is supposed to check the time on start up, then after 120 seconds.
http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Network_Time_Protocol

I wrote a script to force it to update, but I can't tell if it works, or does anything, as right now it seems to be behaving itself without the script.

Hate intermittent problems.
legendary
This is not OK.
Maybe I could start it, so it's mining, then re-start it 2 mins later when the time is set Smiley
*BIT* of a cludge though!
legendary
This is not OK.
There's a bug I'm not sure how to get around.
When the router starts the time is unset, then gets set by NTP after a short time. Problem is CGminer starts before it's set, so when the time then gets set, the utility and overall MH/s show incorrect results. Without waiting a minute or 2, I'm not sure what to do about this.
Activity: 472
Merit: 250
This is very nice. I was planning on using one computer that I have laying around to run this, but I may end up canabalizing it for parts instead and getting a refurbished E3000 through newegg for relatively cheap.

4/17/2012 EDIT: I ordered a refurbished E3000 the yesterday for $54. It should be getting here in a couple days. I look forward to twiddling with it.
legendary
This is not OK.
P_Shep, just a few spelling/grammar corrections for your README:

Note: Installing CGminer on a router is a non-trivial task!
Some of the scripts may need tweaking to your specific system.

Thanks for this! I'm going to try to get it running now!

Thanks, spelling's not my strong suit Smiley

Let me know what changes or additional steps need to be added.

Cheers.
Activity: 423
wow, great work
donator
Activity: 1419
Merit: 1015
P_Shep, just a few spelling/grammar corrections for your README:

Note: Installing CGminer on a router is a non-trivial task!
Some of the scripts may need tweaking to your specific system.

Thanks for this! I'm going to try to get it running now!
Activity: 252
Inactive

Thanks for this, P_Shep.
legendary
This is not OK.
Near as I can tell, over 8 hours of mining, 20 seconds worth of processor time has been used.
legendary
This is not OK.
I'm thinking it could well handle the max possible 100.

CGminer hardly uses any processor time. Really tiny.
legendary
This is not OK.
I've created a little how-to for getting CGminer to run on a broadcom (mipsel processor) DD-WRT / OpenWRT enabled router.
The following file contains a readme, some scripts and the cgminer-3.8.5 binary compiled with BFL, Icarus, and ModMiner Quad FPGAs and BFL, bitfury,  klondike, Hashfast, Icarus and Avalon ASICs for the mipsel architecture. This will work on Asus RT-N66U, Asus RT-N16 (which I use) and Linksys e3000, along with many other routers.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4oik0ecfezclq9u/cgminer_3.8.5_mipsel.ipk

To install on Optware (OTRW / OTRW2):

1). Copy the file to your router USB drive, then navigate to that directory in telnet/ssh.

2). If cgminer is already running, issue:
> service cgminer stop

3). Type:
> ipkg install cgminer_x.x.x_mipsel.ipk

If you already had it running, it'll ask about the overwriting the config file. Press enter to keep your one.

4). Type
> service cgminer start

Pages:
Jump to: