Pages:
Author

Topic: CGWatcher 1.4.0, a GUI/monitor for CGMiner & BFGMiner to help minimize downtime - page 16. (Read 402339 times)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0
Hi,

This is definitely fantastic software. I was looking at both github repositories and a thread from reddit (http://www.reddit.com/r/BitcoinMining/comments/1e9nbw/cgwatcher_version_114_release_includes_monitor/) that was quite old in regards to making this OSS. Could you please clarify if it is still your intentions to make these OSS, and what type of time frame you would anticipate before making commits on the Github Repos that you have created.

Thanks.
Activity: 434
Merit: 251
CGWatcher & CGRemote
Notable changes in 1.3.4:
  • Data output option in Settings -> Data tab to output stats to a file at a specified interval for creating reports in other software.
  • api-network config setting changed to boolean data type (had been set as a string data type)
  • Resizable main window and increase/decrease text sizes (drop-down list in Tests tab, considered beta) to accommodate Windows text
sizes larger than 100%. Changes do not persist until feedback is collected.
  • Miner startup threshold (seconds) setting created/added to UI
  • Kill miner process during restart (instead of sending quit command) option added to improve stability
  • Option to always kill miner process instead of quit command for GPUs that bluescreen during miner shutdown (270, 290 series)
  • Coin profitability data improvements to reduce api calls
  • Coin data can now be sent from CGRemote, allowing all miners running CGWatcher to be updated with one API call.
  • GPU-related numeric config settings changed to strings to accommodate variables.
  • Create individual coin profitability adjustments in Coin Manager
  • New (optional) feature to switch profiles without restarting the miner in possible.
  • CGWatcher can show which coin you're mining on some multi-coin pools (additional pools support coming soon - min 5 minute updates)
  • Fixed email not working if active profile did not have a coin assigned to it.
  • Accepted/Rejected/Stale share count last change time reset if pool changes.
  • Fixed api-allow not putting W: in front of localhost IP if it did not have it and other addresses were present.
  • Fixed scheduled action failure threshold not being honored when actions were not successful.
  • Coin symbol max length increased from 3 to 5 to allow new coins using 4-character symbols.
  • Fixed start miner attempts and thresholds not working correctly in some scenarios.
  • Fixed issue with coin profitability data formatting, and added an option to disable formatting in Coin Manager.
  • Other fixes and improvements and stuff I forgot to write down.
CGWatcher & CGRemote
Hey Milone,

Will the next release support Dogecoin(DOGE)?  Currently it won't read the currency from Cryptsy (I am guessing because the acronym is four characters rather than the usual three) and you can't manually add it via Coin Manager.

Yeah, I'll make changes to allow for four character symbols, or possibly remove any code limiting the length of these symbols. The next update will also show which coin you're mining on multi-coin pools like Hashco.ws and Multipool (still waiting to hear back from middlecoin).
Activity: 6
Will the next release support Dogecoin(DOGE)?  Currently it won't read the currency from Cryptsy (I am guessing because the acronym is four characters rather than the usual three) and you can't manually add it via Coin Manager.

Ah, someone beat me to asking this. I really hope DOGE gets added soon, I've been having to manually watch my miner for the last few days and I've definitely been missing out on some hours (like all of last night Sad) Great work with CGWatcher though. It's been a lifesaver with LTC.
Activity: 1
Hey Milone,

CGWatcher & CGRemote
Hello,

How to make CGWatcher work with a KNC miner ?

Thx

CGWatcher is designed to run on the same computer as the miner in order for it to have complete control over the miner process. For self-contained mining devices like KnC miners, you can use CGRemote (http://minerremote.com) to manage them, along with any other miners you have.

CGWatcher 1.3.4 is almost finished, should be available tomorrow if tests tonight go according to plan.
Activity: 362
Merit: 100
Hello,

How to make CGWatcher work with a KNC miner ?

Thx
Activity: 8
Thanks milone, will look out for the update - Much appreciated  Smiley
Activity: 45
Just download this, and I have to say it's a really great piece of software I wish I'd found before.

I have one query about this, is there a way to run multiple profiles simultaneously? I'm using different versions of GPUs for LiteCoin mining, 7950s and R80X's, and I'm running 2 separate instances of CGMiner via 2 BAT files with the settings configured to each card (because of the different gpu-threads).

I tired creating a BAT file that started both of the other's and pointing my CGWatcher profile at that but it doesn't work.
Activity: 58
Is there any way to get CGWatcher to change profiles based on a specific difficulty level being reached?

Reason being is that I'd like to mine DGC when the difficulty drops below a set value, but once it's gone above that value, I'd like to return to LTC.  At the moment I'm watching the values whenever I can and doing it manually (via TeamViewer when I'm away from home).  If the scheduler could be set to check the difficulty every hour and then have two outcomes (i.e. if difficulty <10 change profile to DGC else change to LTC) that would be really useful?

This would be extremely useful. And writing some logic for that, extending that based upon JSON calls to coinwarz.com would be awesome. To mine the most profitable coin, while it's difficulty is comparably low, would be awesome.

Pools where multiple coins are mined and one's miner mines at that pool's discretion ... of the logic on those mining servers, they accomplish much the same thing, but ... if those pools go down ... CGWatcher to the rescue!
Activity: 35
Is there any way to get CGWatcher to change profiles based on a specific difficulty level being reached?

Reason being is that I'd like to mine DGC when the difficulty drops below a set value, but once it's gone above that value, I'd like to return to LTC.  At the moment I'm watching the values whenever I can and doing it manually (via TeamViewer when I'm away from home).  If the scheduler could be set to check the difficulty every hour and then have two outcomes (i.e. if difficulty <10 change profile to DGC else change to LTC) that would be really useful?

Activity: 35
 Smiley

Hi, again, thank you very much for your hard work and focus.

Last week I brought up a 3-card rig, (identical 7950), on a system that is very similar to the one I'm working with at this time. And that rig is working well, although I cannot underclock the GPU. The cards in that rig are at comfortable temps getting 570 kHash/s each.

On this new rig, CGWatcher runs, but when I run the miners, (a profile), CGMiner will not run.

I suspect the enumeration of the video onboard the Intel CPU is conflicting with the two 7950 GPU, so this rig is very similar to the rig I have CGWatcher-CGMiner running on and working well.

This new rig will run the Tacotime GUI miner scrypt alpha and that's working well, that seems to be in order, but I like where you are headed with CGremote, and the clients I service must have a GUI that I can train them to use, I find that even corporate and small business techs or IT assistants, training them to use command line with CGMiner, make .bat and .conf is just not cost effective. The GUI is where it is at.

With your CGremote, I can assist them remotely, of course. So I'm taking your work very seriously, and when I get the rigs up and running well, I will donate a portion of the mining time to your efforts.

I have Catalyst version 13.9 installed on both rigs, the 3-card that is working well, and this one I am trying to bring up on CGWatcher as well.

Both Crate rigs have M500 SSD, and are based on the ASRock Extreme6 MB, with 8GB of RAM using celeron CPU, a little nicer than what I needed, but nice milk crates.

=======================================
In the cgminer cmd window that opens when I run the miner from CGWatcher GUI, I am getting the following output:
========================================

[2013-12-17 04:32:20] Started cgminer 3.7.2

[2013-12-17 04:32:21] Probing for an alive pool
 [2013-12-17 04:32:22] Pool 1 difficulty changed to 64
 [2013-12-17 04:32:23] Switching to pool 1 http://wdc.theblocksfactory.com:3334
- first alive pool
 [2013-12-17 04:32:23] Maximum buffer memory device 0 supports says 536870912
 [2013-12-17 04:32:23] Your scrypt settings come to 1560281088
 [2013-12-17 04:32:23] Error -61: clCreateBuffer (padbuffer8), decrease TC or in
crease LG
 [2013-12-17 04:32:23] Failed to init GPU thread 0, disabling device 0
 [2013-12-17 04:32:23] Restarting the GPU from the menu will not fix this.
 [2013-12-17 04:32:23] Try restarting cgminer.
Press enter to continue:

Pastebin to Debug Report:

http://pastebin.com/uGpiu8DM

I got lucky and scored an order of 9-R9 290 for a client and I had to work hard to get them, but some of the coin from them will be yours when I get them running with CGWatcher. I'm looking forward to becoming a better miner, and learning more through the use of your software, thanks.
Activity: 12
lucky7:  For FPGA and ASIC devices, CGWatcher gets their info directly from the miner. So if cgminer is detecting the device, CGWatcher should be also. CGWatcher does not try to detect devices on its own because there is no need to - if the miner can't find it it won't be mining. If you send me a debug report, I can look for a problem that would prevent CGWatcher from displaying the Jalapeno correctly. I have a Jalapeno and use cgminer and it displayed correctly for me, so it is not specific to the device.

If you are mining two separate instances of cgminer (one for the Jalapeno and one for the GPU), then you need to set each instance to use a different api port and then set CGWatcher to use the port of the instance you want it to connect to. You can find more information on running two instances here: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.3853830
[/quote]

I got it working Roll Eyes, didn´t know that I should start mining from cgwatcher before it finds the devices. Not the same regarding GPU, that was found directly.

I do got hanging when trying to save(all instances), but it seems to get saved even if I close dirty.

Also in the 2nd instance I use for the ASIC I got 1 of the 2 GPU´s monitored, how can I get rid of that.
CGWatcher & CGRemote
krich:  There are some issues with CoinWarz that have been corrected in the update I'm working on. Not only does it reduce api calls, but if you use CGRemote you can have CGRemote send the profitability data to all of your miners running CGWatcher, saving even more api calls.

financial_analyst: Nothing in the config you posted looks as if it would cause this. The 'API running in IP access mode on port 4028' is normal. I'm not sure if it displays when the miner starts (if api access is enabled) or the first time something connects to it, but it should not be causing an issue. What do you mean by 'activate miner'? I'm assuming you have cgminer running, then open CGWatcher, then click on the cgminer window? Have you tried starting the miner with CGWatcher and does it cause the same problem? If you're using a batch file to launch cgminer, you can just point CGWatcher to the batch file instead of the executable when you're creating a profile. It will import all config settings from the batch file, and if you change any in Profile Manager it will save them back to the batch file.

yuh:  I believe the problem is that the 'start miner' timeout was not working properly, so the first attempt to start the miner lasted indefinitely, or until that prompt. In the next update I've added a setting where you can tell it how long it should wait for the miner to start before killing it and trying again. The prompt you're seeing will only appear if the miner has been started by the user (clicked Start button) and was only supposed to prompt the user if the first attempt failed, but this may not have happened. I removed the prompt in the next update as well, as you can just click the Cancel button if you want it to stop trying.

lucky7:  For FPGA and ASIC devices, CGWatcher gets their info directly from the miner. So if cgminer is detecting the device, CGWatcher should be also. CGWatcher does not try to detect devices on its own because there is no need to - if the miner can't find it it won't be mining. If you send me a debug report, I can look for a problem that would prevent CGWatcher from displaying the Jalapeno correctly. I have a Jalapeno and use cgminer and it displayed correctly for me, so it is not specific to the device.

If you are mining two separate instances of cgminer (one for the Jalapeno and one for the GPU), then you need to set each instance to use a different api port and then set CGWatcher to use the port of the instance you want it to connect to. You can find more information on running two instances here: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.3853830
Activity: 12
cgwatcher can´t find my BFL jalapeno ASIC. I´m using cgminer and have the ASIC devices configured with zadig tool in use with WinUSB (v6.1.7600.16385) driver. All works fine running in cgminer. I´m running GPU on same box if that could have someting to do with it.

windows 7
yuh
Activity: 1
I'm a new user to CGWatcher but i'm really liking it so far!  One (hopefully) simple problem i have so far:

I've setup a headless mining pc that i check once a day or so. Unfortunately i have flakey internet access which can be out for a few hours at a time randomly every couple of days. When this happens, CGMiner can't initialize and connect to pool and also can't start the API.
CGWatcher then retries to load CGminer X number of times as in the monitor tab (defaults to 3). Then a dialog box comes up:

"CGMiner failed to start successfully. Would you like me to keep trying? (I'll keep trying according tot he failure options set in the monitor tab.)"

It won't progress past this unless "OK" is clicked, even though i've already checked "try indefinitely". Hence i lose mining until the next time I load the computer up.

Is there a way to avoid this? I've tried increasing this value to highest which is 99. Even then, it only retries for about an hour before this dialog box appears.
Thank you for your hard work and focus on producing this excellent software. And thank you for tending this thread so well, the spirit of open source lives in this thread.

CGWatcher is restarting after I find a block. I'm mining WDC at scharmbeck and theblocksfactory, using those two pools as failover. The miner is restarting when I get the notification that I've found a block.
Activity: 276
Merit: 250
Hello I'd be grateful if someone could help me with a CGwatcher issue I am facing:
Although I can mine LTC with no problems without cgwatcher (with these settings:

Code:
setx GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
setx GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1
cgminer --scrypt -o stratum.... -u xxx -p password -I 20
-thread-concurrency 21712
-gpu-engine 900-1025
-temp-overheat 95
-temp-target 80
-v 1
-w 256
-scrypt  
-Q 1
-G 1
-temp-cutoff 99
-temp-overheat 95
-temp-target 83
-gpu-vddc 1.100
-gpu-fan 40-100
-gpu-powertune 20"
,) as soon as I open CGwatcher and activate cgminer, a message pops up in the command prompt: "API running in IP access mode made on port 4028 (17740)" and then my PC freezes and I have to reset it. My config files is as follows:

Code:
{
"pools" : [
{
"name" : "xxxx",
"url" : "xxxx",
"user" : "xxxx",
"pass" : "password",
"pool-priority" : "0"
},
"api-allow" : "W:127.0.0.1,192.168.1.0",
"api-listen" : true,
"scrypt" : true,
"gpu-threads" : "2",
"gpu-engine" : "900-1025",
"gpu-fan" : "25-100",
"gpu-powertune" : "10",
"intensity" : "13",
"temp-target" : "80",
"temp-overheat" : "95"
}
Activity: 8
Is everything with the CoinWarz API in CGWatcher working as intended?

I ask because I signed up to the $20 option this morning (300 API calls per day) and have set it up in CGWatcher with my API address and refresh interval set to 5 minutes. I've saved the settings and closed and then re-started CGWatcher (and tried a clean system reboot too, if that matters).

What I am noticing is:

1. When I open up the profitability section, the last updated time in the bottom left hand corner of the window is the same time I changed from CoinChoose to CoinWarz - It hasn't changed since.
2. When I open up the profitability section, a message tells me that coin profitability data has not been loaded yet - This is even when CGWatcher has been running for a while. If I hit the refresh button, as suggested, I get an error message telling me that CGWatcher is unable to refresh coin profitability data.
2. Despite the above, if I look at the last updated time for each coin, that time is reasonably up-to-date (within the past 5 minutes).
3. If I check my API key in Coin Manager, my daily API access is going down faster than it should be. It has been say 1 and a half hours since I switched over to CoinWarz. At the rate of 12 refreshes every hour (once every 5 minutes), I should have used only 18 API refreshes, but I've used 49. I have nothing else using CoinWarz or the API so I don't know what is going on - Is it that the first two messages are using an API access even though CGWatcher says it isn't getting the data, but it actually is?

Thanks  Smiley
Pages:
Jump to: