Pages:
Author

Topic: CGWatcher 1.4.0, a GUI/monitor for CGMiner & BFGMiner to help minimize downtime - page 17. (Read 402338 times)

Activity: 791
Merit: 271
This is personal
Just started trying to you use program.  It seems anything I do to trigger a restart of the miner will just restart the entire computer instead.  Including the restart miner button, will just restart computer.

Has anyone else had this problem.
Activity: 434
Merit: 251
CGWatcher & CGRemote
chopsbit:

My reply was for kimpeck. Good to hear you got your issue resolved.
Activity: 46
Merit: 0
kimpeck:

You do not need two profiles for this. Just create one profile and add both pools to it. Enable failover in your config settings and cgminer/bfgminer will switch to the second pool if the first one goes down, and then check occasionally to see if the first pool comes back up. If it does, it switches back to the first pool.

Hi,

This wasn't for multiple pools, it was for multiple cards that have different GPU threads as this is a global setting not an individual card one.
CGWatcher & CGRemote
kimpeck:

You do not need two profiles for this. Just create one profile and add both pools to it. Enable failover in your config settings and cgminer/bfgminer will switch to the second pool if the first one goes down, and then check occasionally to see if the first pool comes back up. If it does, it switches back to the first pool.
Just download this, and I have to say it's a really great piece of software I wish I'd found before.

I have one query about this, is there a way to run multiple profiles simultaneously? I'm using different versions of GPUs for LiteCoin mining, 7950s and R80X's, and I'm running 2 separate instances of CGMiner via 2 BAT files with the settings configured to each card (because of the different gpu-threads).

I tired creating a BAT file that started both of the other's and pointing my CGWatcher profile at that but it doesn't work.

As suggested, running multiple versions of CGWatcher allows me to run cards with different gpu thread numbers: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.3853830

Thanks for the help with this
Activity: 29
It works great,

Have a small issue if anyone can help.

I have setup two profiles "Primary Mining Pool" and "Backup Mining Pool"

A scheduled task switches to the backup when the Primary Pool goes offline.

How can I switch back to the Primary Pool what it comes back up ?

Thank you in advance.
CGWatcher & CGRemote
chickenthr33:

I have on more small issue, can't get CGWatcher to start on windows startup.

Task Manager shows it enabled in my startup tab, I enabled it in the program and I even tried making a shortcut to it and adding it to my start menu startup folder and no go.

Windows 8.1 Pro x64

It works totally fine otherwise, completely excluded/allowed in Kaspersky so I'm not sure what would cause this.

I'm still working out the best way to handle this to ensure it always works... although Windows is making that difficult. I'm working on an update right now and will try to get it straightened out.

Also cgwatcher thinks I'm idle while watching video, any way to make it react like windows screensaver would and know I'm not idle if video is playing?  I tried adding adobe flash plugin's exe file to turn my intensity down when open and back up when not open but my Idle rule is overriding that.  TYTY
You're killing me.

chopsbit:

I have one query about this, is there a way to run multiple profiles simultaneously? I'm using different versions of GPUs for LiteCoin mining, 7950s and R80X's, and I'm running 2 separate instances of CGMiner via 2 BAT files with the settings configured to each card (because of the different gpu-threads).

I tired creating a BAT file that started both of the other's and pointing my CGWatcher profile at that but it doesn't work.

Run two instances of CGWatcher - one for each miner: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.3853830

I started writing a post explaining how to do this, but then I started changing a bunch of stuff in this update and now my post is outdated so I'll try to update and publish it after this next update.
Activity: 30
Great software   Smiley .. I'm looking forward to get CGRemote , I'll make a donation now and hopefully i can get access to the beta version by today or tomorrow.. thanks
Just download this, and I have to say it's a really great piece of software I wish I'd found before.

Activity: 21
I have on more small issue, can't get CGWatcher to start on windows startup.

Task Manager shows it enabled in my startup tab, I enabled it in the program and I even tried making a shortcut to it and adding it to my start menu startup folder and no go.

Windows 8.1 Pro x64

It works totally fine otherwise, completely excluded/allowed in Kaspersky so I'm not sure what would cause this.

Also cgwatcher thinks I'm idle while watching video, any way to make it react like windows screensaver would and know I'm not idle if video is playing?  I tried adding adobe flash plugin's exe file to turn my intensity down when open and back up when not open but my Idle rule is overriding that.  TYTY
Activity: 76
Merit: 10
reubes:

You can create a scheduled action to restart a specific GPU when certain events occur, but I have not yet added conditional events (e.g. when hashrate is below N). I'm working on an update for this weekend and will try to have at least this event added.

If you can add that it would be so great!! Smiley

Is it possible to add an option to restart the whole CGwatcher program as well? After one gpu is detected to be "OFF"? On my setup for some reason if one card runs slow on startup, restarting it doesn't always work and sometimes it will just set to OFF. The only way is a complete program restart (enabling and restarting the gpu again doesn't fix it). The problem is I have to always keep manually checking it as a lot of times it is only mining with 2 or 3 gpus out of 4 after a crash. :/
reubes:
chickenthr33:

That's a new one. Do you have any antivirus software installed? It may be causing a problem with cgminer launching. Also, a quick Google search showed a lot of results related to fake spyware removal programs (the ones that tell you they found more viruses than you have files). I would suggest starting with a scan, I use Windows Defender and Malwarebytes Pro. Also make sure that you've white-listed cgminer since some antivirus software flags it since older versions were used in botnets.

Yup you're right, it was Kaspersky Internet Security 2014 causing my issue.  Should've thought of that since it did detect it as a trojan and delete it at first.  For anyone else who may have the issue, I had already set an exclusion for it but you also have to Allow it in Application Control.
Activity: 8
Thanks again milone Smiley

That sounds like a great way to do it, and of course looking forward to what you're working on. If it helps, I am trying Multipool and HashCows at the moment.

I've set up a new event as you explained, and asked it to switch to the 1st most profitable in the current pool (HashCows) goes down.

What I wanted to ask is that if HashCows goes down and it now switches to the most profitable profile, can I get it to keep checking which is the most profitable  and switch between those profiles, or even go back to HashCows when that goes live again? Before I had HashCows set up, all I did was have 2 scheduled events - one to switch to the most profitable profile when CGWatcher loads, and then a second scheduled event to switch to the most profitable profile every 15 minutes.

I assume I can't still have these two scheduled events active, with the new setup, as I can't set more than one choice for 'when event occurs' so it would keep trying to switch to the most profitable, even if HashCows was live.
CGWatcher & CGRemote
What would you suggest is the best way to go about doing the following? I run one profile on a pool which multi switches coins depending on profitability. I then have a number of individual profiles set up to switch automatically when profitability changes, as the program checks CoinChoose. I am looking for a way that if, when running the program the pool that auto mines the best coin goes down, CGWatcher will revert to switch between the most profitable coin profiles. As the multi pool isn't mining one set coin, I can't assign a coin to it specifically, so find that if I have scheduled events set up, it keeps switching away from the multi pool, when I only want it to do this if the multi pool goes down.

You can create a scheduled action to switch profiles when the current pool goes down. Just select 'when event occurs... ' and then 'Miner - current pool goes down'. This is probably the closest you can get at the moment. I'm currently working with some multipools to get which coin they are mining, so in the future you would be able set it to switch to a profile of the same coin the multipool was mining should the multipool go down.

If that doesn't answer your question let me know and I'll try again.
Thanks milone, much appreciated.

Just to clarify, it is if I try to change any settings in the Coin Manager - such as to have it check profitability every 5 mins rather than the default of 15 mins, these settings do not stick even though I save the settings and get the confirmation prompt that this has been done.

As a workaround, I have set the update interval to 5 in the .ini file and this has stuck, but if I do it in the actual program, nothing in Coin Manager seems to keep my requested settings.

No problems with any of the settings throughout the program.

I look forward to the next update and the improvements to stability when changing profiles.

What would you suggest is the best way to go about doing the following? I run one profile on a pool which multi switches coins depending on profitability. I then have a number of individual profiles set up to switch automatically when profitability changes, as the program checks CoinChoose. I am looking for a way that if, when running the program the pool that auto mines the best coin goes down, CGWatcher will revert to switch between the most profitable coin profiles. As the multi pool isn't mining one set coin, I can't assign a coin to it specifically, so find that if I have scheduled events set up, it keeps switching away from the multi pool, when I only want it to do this if the multi pool goes down.

Thanks again  Smiley
CGWatcher & CGRemote
reubes:

You can create a scheduled action to restart a specific GPU when certain events occur, but I have not yet added conditional events (e.g. when hashrate is below N). I'm working on an update for this weekend and will try to have at least this event added.

krich:

I'll check this, but to be clear you're trying to set it to CoinChoose and it's resetting to CoinWarz? It should treat CoinChoose as the default.

As far as the hashrate falling, there are some changes I'm going to make in the next update that may improve this... although I can't say for certain. At the very least they should improve stability when changing profiles. Beyond that it becomes more of a system or miner issue, as all CGWatcher is doing is stopping or starting the miner.

chickenthr33:

That's a new one. Do you have any antivirus software installed? It may be causing a problem with cgminer launching. Also, a quick Google search showed a lot of results related to fake spyware removal programs (the ones that tell you they found more viruses than you have files). I would suggest starting with a scan, I use Windows Defender and Malwarebytes Pro. Also make sure that you've white-listed cgminer since some antivirus software flags it since older versions were used in botnets.

carly200:

It's good to know I'm not the only one who does this.

d-unknown:

http://manotechnology.blogspot.com/p/cgremote.html#joinbeta
Activity: 90
Merit: 1
some one exptain how/where to get cgremote
thx
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
1. always do a "ctrl-c" before you post (especially on long posts)
2. hit the back button of your browser; any decent browser will keep a copy of your text... e.g. Opera
Man I just typed out a huge post and when I sent it, the forum said I already posted from this IP within x amount of seconds and deleted the entire thing when I've never even posted before, brand new account.

Anyway, short version this time I guess, CGWatcher won't launch cgminer, I get an Application Error:

The application was unable to start correctly (0x0000142).

I have Windows 8.1 x64 Pro, dot net is included and won't let me install the one linked on your site.  Both CGwatcher and cgminer are set to run as administrator and if I launch cgminer manually, I get the progress and everything within cgwatcher, I can even Pause Mining.  But when I try to start it again I get the application error.

Thanks for the app and your support!
Hi,

Firstly, thanks for this excellent program  Smiley

I can't seem to get the settings in Coin Manager to save. For example, I select that I want profitability to be checked from CoinChoose every 5 minutes, I save this and get the confirmation message. When I close and then re-open the program, the setting has reset.

I am running it on Windows 8.1 and have the executable set to 'Run as administrator' too.

I'm also finding that after a couple of profile switches, that I have set to happen automatically when profitability changes, the hash rate drops dramatically. The only way to solve this is actually close the program and then start it again. Any ideas please?

Thanks in advance.

krich
Pages:
Jump to: