Pages:
Author

Topic: CGWatcher 1.4.0, a GUI/monitor for CGMiner & BFGMiner to help minimize downtime - page 33. (Read 402304 times)

Activity: 60
Merit: 10
Activity: 552
Merit: 500
Nice job dude.. any idea when I can monitor all the remote servers, I have to manually always vpn into them to see what they are doing.. :/
Activity: 270
Merit: 220
CQ - I make High Voltage glowy things.
You should put this on Github with the source.. so paranoid folks can read what into it ;)
Activity: 47
Merit: 0
any chance you can support reaper? even if it's just restarting the miner every x minutes/hours etc..

I really would like to use this and cgminer but i find reaper gives me higher hash rates although it does crash after an hour or so of use.
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
feel free to shoot me an email if you want me to do it eventually, I'm extremely busy and don't check this forum as often as I wish I could, I'm in graduate school and preparing for a deployment at the moment.

At the moment I just threw up the php cgminer monitor script I found on github on a webserver on my network at home and use that to monitor the one machine I have running at the moment -- runs okay, but gives no options to control anything.  It seems like you've got some good options for controlling a mining operation in this, that would be extremely helpful.
Activity: 434
Merit: 251
CGWatcher & CGRemote
joshki, thanks I will keep that in mind. I do plan on releasing the source and have been rewriting a lot of it now that I've had more time to work on it. The first version was written very quickly and don't want to subject anyone to that.  Wink

Also, I've created a post in the Mining forum and would prefer any future comments to go there: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/cgwatcher-140-the-guimonitor-for-cgminer-and-bfgminer-to-prevent-downtime-185553. I will check here occasionally in case anyone in Newbie prison has a question/comment.
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
GuiltySpark343, you can check the log (Log tab) to see if there were any reasons the miner was restarted. The Log tab displays the log since CGWatcher was started, but you can click Open in Notepad button to view the entire log history.

nwfella, not sure when I'll publish the source. Probably when I get done adding things and feel it is more complete. I have been commenting more in preparation for this.

LaudaM, do you use a comma (,) as the decimal separator? This caused hashrates to show very high ridiculous numbers, but is fixed in the next update.

voluntaryistonly, I have no dev experience on OSX so not something that is planned.

Once you setup a remote client-server type setup and release the source code, I would be interested in porting at least the remote monitor to OSX -- I don't know how many people are actually mining on OSX (I know it's possible but it does not seem common and it's a pain to setup), but I'm sure there are plenty of people who would want to remotely monitor a bunch of mining rigs using a macbook or something equivalent. 

Activity: 21
I see what you mean, the fact it returns all hashrates in Mh/s regardless of using scrypt limits the precision I can get. I have to then take the number I receive and multiply it by 1000 to display the correct Kh/s. That is something that would need to be changed in CGMiner. I don't want to try to maintain a branch of that if I make changes to it (because I believe it is still being actively developed), but you can request the change with the CGMiner developer. It doesn't have to send the hashrate in Kh/s... it could just send more numbers after the decimal.

Yeah, maybe he can change it to 4 decimal places, which would give us 1 decimal place when converting to kh/s. Of course this would cause a problem with Mh/s, which would then have to be truncated or rounded so as not to be unsightly Smiley. Ideally, cgminer should check the algo being used and return the appropriate precision. Maybe I'll post a request over in the cgminer thread. Thanks!
CGWatcher & CGRemote
I see what you mean, the fact it returns all hashrates in Mh/s regardless of using scrypt limits the precision I can get. I have to then take the number I receive and multiply it by 1000 to display the correct Kh/s. That is something that would need to be changed in CGMiner. I don't want to try to maintain a branch of that if I make changes to it (because I believe it is still being actively developed), but you can request the change with the CGMiner developer. It doesn't have to send the hashrate in Kh/s... it could just send more numbers after the decimal.
Ok, I found the problem. I didn't realize CGMiner would change the names of the values it sent back. By default it sends back "mhs 5s=X" (where X is the GPU's Mh/s). You have it set to one second instead of five, so it is sending back "mhs 1s=X". That is not what I was expecting. I've changed it so no matter what the rate is set, it will receive the hashrate correctly.

Sorry but you'll have to download again. Same link. Let me know if that doesn't work, and thanks again for the help.

Not a problem - thank you.

Works now (yay!!!)

http://i.imgur.com/VCUmtSc.png

OK, not to be picky, but I guess the API is only returning 2 decimal places, which isn't an issue when dealing with Mh/s, but with Kh/s we lose a digit - any way to get more? Not really a big deal though, so don't worry about it too much. Thank you again for your work.
CGWatcher & CGRemote
Ok, I found the problem. I didn't realize CGMiner would change the names of the values it sent back. By default it sends back "mhs 5s=X" (where X is the GPU's Mh/s). You have it set to one second instead of five, so it is sending back "mhs 1s=X". That is not what I was expecting. I've changed it so no matter what the rate is set, it will receive the hashrate correctly.

Sorry but you'll have to download again. Same link. Let me know if that doesn't work, and thanks again for the help.
JackBits: That is troubling, hashrates are showing correct on mine when I use scrypt.

Can you go to the Tests tab and in the Diagnostic textbox at the bottom, enter this text: (it will vary depending on how many GPUs you have)

One GPU:
gpu|0

Two GPUs:
gpu|0,gpu|1

Three GPUs:
gpu|0,gpu|1,gpu|2

and so on. Click Run and text will load into the large Results textbox. Copy that text and paste it here, or email it to me?

GuiltySpark343: Thanks

Thanks for your reply. It must be something on my end then. I notice the values below are in MHS, instead of KHS. Also to note I am not passing any values from CGWatcher in the arguments box, I'm using a conf. Shouldn't matter though, if the API is picking up the values.

Result from gpu|0:
Code:
STATUS=S,When=1366681768,Code=17,Msg=GPU0,Description=cgminer 2.11.4,GPU=0,Enabled=Y,Status=Alive,Temperature=62.00,Fan Speed=2536,Fan Percent=53,GPU Clock=1050,Memory Clock=1300,GPU Voltage=1.075,GPU Activity=97,Powertune=10,MHS av=0.35,MHS 1s=0.36,Accepted=646,Rejected=0,Hardware Errors=0,Utility=1.77,Intensity=16,Last Share Pool=0,Last Share Time=1366681755,Total MH=7743.7911,Diff1 Work=124251,Difficulty Accepted=124251.00000000,Difficulty Rejected=0.00000000,Last Share Difficulty=232.00000000,Last Valid Work=0,
Activity: 55
Nice work with this! Really cool program
CGWatcher & CGRemote
JackBits: That is troubling, hashrates are showing correct on mine when I use scrypt.

Can you go to the Tests tab and in the Diagnostic textbox at the bottom, enter this text: (it will vary depending on how many GPUs you have)

One GPU:
gpu|0

Two GPUs:
gpu|0,gpu|1

Three GPUs:
gpu|0,gpu|1,gpu|2

and so on. Click Run and text will load into the large Results textbox. Copy that text and paste it here, or email it to me?

GuiltySpark343: Thanks
Oversight on my part. I updated the file on Dropbox so if you download it again you'll get the fixed version showing correct scrypt hashrates.

I'll post a new MD5 and VirusTotal report as well. Thanks for the feedback.

We're getting closer but still no cigar. Units are now correct but value is still 0.

http://i.imgur.com/9PHGinn.png
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
Nice update! Bitcoin donation sen, though admittedly it isn't much (just started BTC mining)!
CGWatcher & CGRemote
Oversight on my part. I updated the file on Dropbox so if you download it again you'll get the fixed version showing correct scrypt hashrates.

I'll post a new MD5 and VirusTotal report as well. Thanks for the feedback.
Thank you for the new version. I just downloaded it, but its still showing "Current Total Hashrate" as 0 for Litecoin mining. The graph is flatlined.

Edit: The units on the graph are now correct in Kh/s, but the units on the top for current and avg are showing h/s. The value for avg is displaying correctly, but the value for current is 0.

I'm using cgminer 2.11.4, Full access.

http://i.imgur.com/Ri9A0JI.png
CGWatcher & CGRemote
Version 1.1.3 is now available and can be downloaded on the new CGWatcher page (http://manotechnology.blogspot.com/p/cgwatcher.html).

The original post will redirect everyone to there as well.

No ETA on CGRemote but that is what I am working on next.
Activity: 14
Thank you for the hard work milone!  Your changes sound perfect (and kind of what I figured would need to be done).  Thank you so much!
Pages:
Jump to: