Pages:
Author

Topic: CGWatcher 1.4.0, the GUI/monitor for CGMiner and BFGMiner to prevent downtime - page 2. (Read 180380 times)

Activity: 45
Merit: 0
is there any way i can make cgwatcher not parse my config file ?

im trying to use a miner that uses options cgwatcher doesnt support, and it cant handle it at all, throwing all kinds of errors.
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
Is there a way to add x11 or x13 coins to your list? It would make the setup a bit more easy to use and keeping track of my mining options a bit simpler.  Also is there a way to run add a stratum option kind of like multiminer has?

Steve
Activity: 434
Merit: 251
CGWatcher & CGRemote
What is this?

By default, CGWatcher uses http://coinchoose.com to get a list of coins as well as coin data and profitability values. You can view this data by going to the Settings tab and clicking the Profitability button. By knowing this data, you can then set CGWatcher to mine whichever of your profiles is most profitable automatically if you wish. That is why it says "Coins data for 63 coins updated" every 15 minutes. You can disable or change this in Coin Manager (go to Settings -> Other Tools... -> Manage Coins).

The errors related to ad.txt can be ignored. A user had setup a subdomain for me to use on a hosting account that was he had paid for and no longer needed, therefore going unused (at http://cgwatcher.cryptocoined.com) and after a year or so his hosting account recently expired. There are backup locations for when this occurs, and the ad.txt information isn't necessary for the program to operate correctly. It's actually just a list of ads - one is displayed for 30 seconds every hour (and can be closed immediately) - which, by the way, I've made no money on. I mention that because recently there were some misconceptions that I'm rolling in money from this. I initially create it to promote CGRemote, and I've also shown ads for projects and services I support. I did plan to offer advertising for a nominal fee, but it was quickly buried by other priorities. The next update will remove this web location as it is no longer active, but until then that debug log entry will be created every so often. It can safely be ignored.

As far as not being able to select PAWN, you can add coins manually in the Coin Manager window. You can also set it to use http://coinwarz.com as the data provider if you find it has a better list of coins, but it requires an API key (you have to pay for API calls once your initial free ones are used). This API key is required by the coinwarz site operator and I do not make anything from it. I added coinwarz support at the request of many users. We're currently working on creating our own comprehensive list of coins for our software to use instead of depending on these outside operators (though I think they're both great sites).

As for not being able to select the miner, what is the filename of the miner you're using? It's getting tough to keep up with all of these miners. When editing a profile, you can change the filter to "All Files" to select a miner that is not known to CGWatcher. You can also rename the miner's filename to one that CGWatcher does know about - cgminer.exe, bfgminer.exe, sgminer.exe, vertminer.exe. There is some support for new or unknown miners, but I'm sure it can be better. It's mostly cosmetic anyway... all that matters is that their APIs work the same.
Activity: 12
Hi all.

I'm a bit new to cgwatcher but I'm reading logs I don't understand.

I'm mining PAWN in the multipool on x11 with sph SGminer
I installed CGwatcher  1.3.8
I can't select PAWN/X11 or SGminer by the way.

I get these in my last 50 log entries:

Code:
[27-5-2014 16:10:16]     [d] Web.DownloadData exception: The remote name could not be resolved: 'cgwatcher.cryptocoined.com' The data from http://cgwatcher.cryptocoined.com/data/ad/ad.txt was not downloaded successfully.
[27-5-2014 16:10:17]     [d] Coins data for 63 coin(s) updated from CoinChoose.
[27-5-2014 16:25:16]     [d] Coins data for 63 coin(s) updated from CoinChoose.
[27-5-2014 16:40:17]     [d] Coins data for 63 coin(s) updated from CoinChoose.
[27-5-2014 16:55:17]     [d] Coins data for 63 coin(s) updated from CoinChoose.
[27-5-2014 17:10:16]     [d] Web.DownloadData exception: The remote name could not be resolved: 'cgwatcher.cryptocoined.com' The data from http://cgwatcher.cryptocoined.com/data/ad/ad.txt was not downloaded successfully.
[27-5-2014 17:10:17]     [d] Coins data for 63 coin(s) updated from CoinChoose.

What is this?
CGWatcher & CGRemote
If a coin is not listed on your selected data provider (CoinChoose.com or CoinWarz.com), you can it manually in the Coin Manager window. Go to the Settings tab and click Other Tools... button at the bottom. In the popup menu, select Manage Coins. You can also change your data provider in this window, but keep in mind that using CoinWarz requires an API key, which may cost money depending on how many API calls you use.
legendary
Activity: 3780
Merit: 4842
Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it
Can Noblecoin be added please. Or is there a way to manually add a coin?
CGWatcher & CGRemote
Does CGWatcher hide the BFGMiner window? Would an informational notice annoy anyone?

Hiding the miner window is optional and disabled by default in CGWatcher.

If this would display a message box, CGWatcher could close it immediately and automatically... but then again so could malware. The user may see a flash of the message box but it would disappear too quickly to read, and that could alarm miners unaware of what it is. If it's a command window prompt, it could still be handled automatically, albeit using less-than-ideal methods. Either way, it is something CGWatcher would have to bypass in order to preserve some of its core functionality - restarting miners, scheduled mining, etc.

I can appreciate the intent, but either way I think it would be circumvented fairly easily.

Edit: Just looked at the code. Yeah a message box can be closed by other software pretty easily, and probably quick enough that most users wouldn't notice it. I think malware creators would have no problem bypassing this... or would just use older versions or compile bfgminer without this prompt.
legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 1186
Does CGWatcher hide the BFGMiner window? Would an informational notice annoy anyone?
legendary
Are you referring to the accepted and rejected share counts? If so, go to Settings -> Display tab and set "Display share count totals as" to "Diff1", and click Save Settings.

As for the hashrate, cgminer's API returns the hashrate in Mh/s, with only two decimal places. So CGWatcher will show a slightly rounded number because that is the number the miner is reporting via API.

YES! thx, could you tell me why the efficiency is so low? I seem to be getting good WU avg?

The reason I ask is because I have a system on the same pool getting a much higher reject rate yet the efficiency on that system is 151%

I don't get it?
CGWatcher & CGRemote
Are you referring to the accepted and rejected share counts? If so, go to Settings -> Display tab and set "Display share count totals as" to "Diff1", and click Save Settings.

As for the hashrate, cgminer's API returns the hashrate in Mh/s, with only two decimal places. So CGWatcher will show a slightly rounded number because that is the number the miner is reporting via API.
legendary
This does not look like it is reporting correct. Or am I reading this wrong.

Activity: 196
%insert your text% soon!
There have been no changes to donation mining in CGWatcher. It is still 100% completely optional and disabled by default.

The strings in CGRemote's INI file were the result of copying code from CGWatcher. CGRemote has never had donation mining... neither an option to enable it or even the code that would perform it. A user pointed out the strings in the INI file and thought donation mining was being included in CGRemote, so I've removed all code related to donation mining (which was code originally copied from CGWatcher) from CGRemote. It never occurred to me that some users may have seen it as evidence of donation mining in CGRemote, but looking back I should have been more careful about copying the code. I also did not hard-code anything in place of these INI file strings. They no longer exist anywhere in CGRemote because they were unused anyway.
Excuse my temper man, I was quite worried about my hash going the wrong way when profit is slashed in half these days already.

Nevertheless, LAST CGREMOTE UPDATE IS AWESOME!
Man, thank you so much for what you did for pool management so far, the way it handles workers, pools and actually modifiying a .conf file at each miner is fantastic.
And this whole "Pool management" step by step guide is a great addition which does exactly what we had a hunger for.

The CGWatcher and CGRemote bundle works now the most efficient way man and the whole coin switching process is a cakewalk, thanks to you/your company! Greatly appreciated.
Activity: 527
Merit: 500
HiveNet - Distributed Cloud Computing
this program is not very user friendly.
tried to make changes and trying to figure it out is such a pain.

Not to be harsh, but it is about the easiest mining/monitoring program I have ran across.

Maybe you should use gui miner or something.
CGWatcher & CGRemote
There have been no changes to donation mining in CGWatcher. It is still 100% completely optional and disabled by default.

The strings in CGRemote's INI file were the result of copying code from CGWatcher. CGRemote has never had donation mining... neither an option to enable it or even the code that would perform it. A user pointed out the strings in the INI file and thought donation mining was being included in CGRemote, so I've removed all code related to donation mining (which was code originally copied from CGWatcher) from CGRemote. It never occurred to me that some users may have seen it as evidence of donation mining in CGRemote, but looking back I should have been more careful about copying the code. I also did not hard-code anything in place of these INI file strings. They no longer exist anywhere in CGRemote because they were unused anyway.
Activity: 196
%insert your text% soon!
sapstar: I replied to your email. I'll also post here in case anyone else having a similar problem reads this. Nothing worse than finding someone with the same problem with you on a forum and then never finding the solution.

You need to fix or correct the GPU map inside of CGWatcher. You can do this by clicking "Incorrect hashrate for this GPU?" under the Average Hashrate in the GPU tab. It looks like a map was already created at one point for 4 GPUs. Note that this is the same idea as the "gpu-map" setting in cgminer, but CGWatcher has its own internal mapping. When you click the "Incorrect hashrate for this GPU?" link, it will open the GPU Map window, where you match detected GPUs (ADL) to their correct hashrates (OpenCL). You can also clear the existing map (Clear Map button... this will not clear cgminer's "gpu-map" setting, only CGWatcher's mapping) and see if this is enough for CGWatcher to match ADL to OpenCL devices - but if not you may have to map them yourself. Usually CGWatcher is pretty good at doing this, but in this case you're mapping GPUs with the "gpu-map" setting in cgminer and this can cause it to mis-map them sometimes. Once you do this the GPUs should start being reported correctly.

jollyriffic: I'm sorry, when I created it, things were a lot different and it has since grown into a monster larger than I ever imagined. If I were to do it again, there are definitely design changes I'd make... but adding improvements and new features left no time to redesign it. I'm hoping I got it better in CGRemote. And maybe down the road I'll have some time to redesign CGWatcher to be more user-friendly.

If you have specific questions on how to do something, feel free to ask or post them in our support forum at http://www.coinmyne.com/support.
Milone, with the recent CGRemote/CGWatcher update looks like donation part is hardcoded now.
We could do something about it in previous versions but now you just sharing our hash with no way to turn it off?

Where those CGRemote's milone.btc/ltc strings in .ini file now?
Activity: 58
sapstar: I replied to your email. I'll also post here in case anyone else having a similar problem reads this. Nothing worse than finding someone with the same problem with you on a forum and then never finding the solution.

You need to fix or correct the GPU map inside of CGWatcher. You can do this by clicking "Incorrect hashrate for this GPU?" under the Average Hashrate in the GPU tab. It looks like a map was already created at one point for 4 GPUs. Note that this is the same idea as the "gpu-map" setting in cgminer, but CGWatcher has its own internal mapping. When you click the "Incorrect hashrate for this GPU?" link, it will open the GPU Map window, where you match detected GPUs (ADL) to their correct hashrates (OpenCL). You can also clear the existing map (Clear Map button... this will not clear cgminer's "gpu-map" setting, only CGWatcher's mapping) and see if this is enough for CGWatcher to match ADL to OpenCL devices - but if not you may have to map them yourself. Usually CGWatcher is pretty good at doing this, but in this case you're mapping GPUs with the "gpu-map" setting in cgminer and this can cause it to mis-map them sometimes. Once you do this the GPUs should start being reported correctly.

Thanks very much for the info Milone. Now I know what caused the issue. It has been a coincidence that I have added a GPU after the update. I think that caused the gpu-map incorrect.
CGWatcher & CGRemote

jollyriffic: I'm sorry, when I created it, things were a lot different and it has since grown into a monster larger than I ever imagined. If I were to do it again, there are definitely design changes I'd make... but adding improvements and new features left no time to redesign it. I'm hoping I got it better in CGRemote. And maybe down the road I'll have some time to redesign CGWatcher to be more user-friendly.

If you have specific questions on how to do something, feel free to ask or post them in our support forum at http://www.coinmyne.com/support.
Activity: 126
this program is not very user friendly.
tried to make changes and trying to figure it out is such a pain.
Just realised that the graphs under the hash rate also don't work. I have 5 gpu's, but stats are not shown.

http://pasteboard.co/1L7XUPWg.png
Can you create a debug report (go to Tests tab, click Create Debug Report button) and email it to me? You can remove any pool worker names/passwords that might be in there if you'd like (I think it includes config settings towards the bottom). Make sure to create this report while the miner is running and while the incorrect hashrate is shown. Thanks..

Hi Milone, Just emailed you the defect report.
Pages:
Jump to: