Pages:
Author

Topic: Charlie Shrem is scammer, watch out - page 5. (Read 32782 times)

Activity: 530
Merit: 500
January 16, 2015, 07:33:52 PM
]If you are paying interest and it will likely take a long time sell the two coins why don't you just send one of the 25 BTC coins back to braek to cover the majority of the rest of the debt?

It won't take a long time. I've already sent most of the physicals for grading or sold them. I can send them back to him, but by that time the debt will likely be paid.

The interest works in everyones favor. I am incentivized to pay him faster, and I've started the interest from 6 weeks ago to be fair.

Thanks

Charlie

More words and 0 action backing it up.

Truly the character of a scammer.

I can only congratulate myself for calling him out first,
when no one else dared to,
but I did pay for the privilege, tho...

When he gets out of prison you can accrue the interest that started back last fall until then and see if it is worth pursuing him for if at all.

Are you counting this as a loss already or are you still hoping to get something?

undecided, letting it ride
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473
LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper
January 16, 2015, 06:07:31 PM
]If you are paying interest and it will likely take a long time sell the two coins why don't you just send one of the 25 BTC coins back to braek to cover the majority of the rest of the debt?

It won't take a long time. I've already sent most of the physicals for grading or sold them. I can send them back to him, but by that time the debt will likely be paid.

The interest works in everyones favor. I am incentivized to pay him faster, and I've started the interest from 6 weeks ago to be fair.

Thanks

Charlie

When he gets out of prison you can accrue the interest that started back last fall until then and see if it is worth pursuing him for if at all.

Are you counting this as a loss already or are you still hoping to get something?
January 16, 2015, 06:31:58 AM

Thanks

Charlie

legendary
January 15, 2015, 07:58:34 PM

Thanks

Charlie

legendary
January 15, 2015, 07:56:54 PM
Coindesk kind of just busted Charlie. Seems he is just avoiding this thread, but is alive and well in communication with them and on social media. Even has people donating to his commissary fund.

http://www.coindesk.com/bitcoin-twitter-price-plunge/

https://twitter.com/CharlieShrem/with_replies

Lol he can post on twitter about price but can't post here or deal with his debts like a "try honest bitcoiner"?

This is pathetic.
Activity: 742
January 15, 2015, 11:54:45 AM

Thanks

Charlie
Activity: 764
I'm a cynic, I'm a quaint
January 15, 2015, 01:23:46 AM
Charlie doesn't want to deal with this forum anymore:

This is what I am saying. I dont know why we're keeping this thread going. I've paid him half and continuing to do it. I don't come onto the forums at all anymore.

If you don't hear from my, email me. My address is on CharlieShrem.com

Thanks.

Of course, that contradicts with what he said before:
This thread will be updated when I send more payments.

Until then, let's leave it at that. We all have better things to do

-Charlie

Either way, participating on this forum is not beneficial for Charlie anymore, so I don't expect to see him return (using his real name or known alias).
January 15, 2015, 12:41:31 AM
Coindesk kind of just busted Charlie. Seems he is just avoiding this thread, but is alive and well in communication with them and on social media. Even has people donating to his commissary fund.

http://www.coindesk.com/bitcoin-twitter-price-plunge/

https://twitter.com/CharlieShrem/with_replies
January 07, 2015, 04:24:59 PM
Charlie will hide until it's time for him to go to prison - that's his character. He will have spent most if not all his BTC by then, including Bracek's.

A smart person would contact the New York District Attorney's office and inform them of this most recent theft by Charlie. Conduct like this most certainly violates any agreement, and would likely result in additional charges and a much lengthier prison sentence. If there's one thing Charlie has proven, is that he will not do right unless backed into a corner. Put him in that corner, OP.

EDIT: Here is the New York District Attorney's cyber crimes division phone number. 212-335-9600

this ^.

Charlie obviously doesnt have intention of repaying. Run Charlie Run.  Cheesy

thank you, guys, for helping with this,
but that phone call would yield even less than the one I was supposed to do with Charlie...
I know some people in law enforcement and can make the phone calls you want...if you'll pay me an agreed upon rate for him to be arrested for this (for fraud against you) or for paying you back I'll do it.

It is a simple case, it is a consignment case. You sent him coins which he was suppose to pay you when he sold it. Its his inventory, however you have requested payment for a couple months now, either he sends you back the coins he hasn't sold or he pays you. Not doing either is NOT a simple loan default it is theft. This isn't a loan it is consignment. There should be no situation where you don't get paid back that he has any reason to say "oh I can't payback right now". Either you have sold the coins or you haven't, and in that case you must send back the cosigned merchandise.

Easy fraud case here, let me know if you would like my help.
Unlike, KoS here, I will not try and profit off your loss, Bracek. Let me know if you want the call made, and I'll gladly do it.

Poor form, KoS, poor form.

thanx for the help, but I really don't see any good in making that call...

If you want to hear what they would say,
go ahead, you have my blessing Smiley
January 07, 2015, 11:07:54 AM
Charlie will hide until it's time for him to go to prison - that's his character. He will have spent most if not all his BTC by then, including Bracek's.

A smart person would contact the New York District Attorney's office and inform them of this most recent theft by Charlie. Conduct like this most certainly violates any agreement, and would likely result in additional charges and a much lengthier prison sentence. If there's one thing Charlie has proven, is that he will not do right unless backed into a corner. Put him in that corner, OP.

EDIT: Here is the New York District Attorney's cyber crimes division phone number. 212-335-9600

this ^.

but that phone call would yield even less than the one I was supposed to do with Charlie...
I know some people in law enforcement and can make the phone calls you want...if you'll pay me an agreed upon rate for him to be arrested for this (for fraud against you) or for paying you back I'll do it.

It is a simple case, it is a consignment case. You sent him coins which he was suppose to pay you when he sold it. Its his inventory, however you have requested payment for a couple months now, either he sends you back the coins he hasn't sold or he pays you. Not doing either is NOT a simple loan default it is theft. This isn't a loan it is consignment. There should be no situation where you don't get paid back that he has any reason to say "oh I can't payback right now". Either you have sold the coins or you haven't, and in that case you must send back the cosigned merchandise.

Unlike, KoS here, I will not try and profit off your loss, Bracek. Let me know if you want the call made, and I'll gladly do it.

Poor form, KoS, poor form.
Activity: 602
Acc bought - used solely for signature testing
January 06, 2015, 01:43:31 PM

this ^.

January 06, 2015, 01:10:06 PM

this ^.

Charlie obviously doesnt have intention of repaying. Run Charlie Run.  Cheesy

January 06, 2015, 10:33:45 AM
If you are late paying your phone bill, did you scam the phone company? When you make your late payment are you still a scammer but you paid off your scam-victim (phone company)?
This is one of the worst analogies I have ever heard. Congrats.
legendary
Activity: 2058
Merit: 1015
January 06, 2015, 06:59:51 AM
The definition of "scammer" generally differs from person to person, so it is unlikely the community will be able to agree on if Charlie is a "scammer"

I would say that he is most likely not going to repay the OP prior to him going to prison. He has not posted since being sentenced and has little reason to do so now. It is unlikely that many/any people will remember this incident by the time he gets out (regardless of if he repays him after he does so).

There is no ambiguity in the definition of a scammer.  Charlie made a repayment plan with bracek deep in this post.  He promised to make installments to bracek.  Charlie stopped responding and halted repayment.  By breaking the contract, he is committing a scam:

a dishonest scheme; a fraud.
"an insurance scam"
synonyms:   fraud, swindle, fraudulent scheme, racket, trick; More

Essentially, bracek completed his side of the trade, and Charlie did not.  That is a scam.  If Charlie randomly decides to pay this back 2 years down the line, he is repaying his scam victim.  It does not change the fact that he scammed him.

If you are late paying your phone bill, did you scam the phone company? When you make your late payment are you still a scammer but you paid off your scam-victim (phone company)?
Activity: 139
Merit: 100
Owner@ CryptoFundingTracker.com
January 06, 2015, 04:44:45 AM
The definition of "scammer" generally differs from person to person, so it is unlikely the community will be able to agree on if Charlie is a "scammer"

I would say that he is most likely not going to repay the OP prior to him going to prison. He has not posted since being sentenced and has little reason to do so now. It is unlikely that many/any people will remember this incident by the time he gets out (regardless of if he repays him after he does so).

There is no ambiguity in the definition of a scammer.  Charlie made a repayment plan with bracek deep in this post.  He promised to make installments to bracek.  Charlie stopped responding and halted repayment.  By breaking the contract, he is committing a scam:

a dishonest scheme; a fraud.
"an insurance scam"
synonyms:   fraud, swindle, fraudulent scheme, racket, trick; More

Essentially, bracek completed his side of the trade, and Charlie did not.  That is a scam.  If Charlie randomly decides to pay this back 2 years down the line, he is repaying his scam victim.  It does not change the fact that he scammed him.
legendary
January 05, 2015, 11:54:48 PM

this ^.

Charlie obviously doesnt have intention of repaying. Run Charlie Run.  Cheesy
January 05, 2015, 11:44:31 AM

Activity: 527
January 05, 2015, 05:11:44 AM
More so Charlie has time before he goes to prison to make good on this past due debt.

Will he?

The outcome of the question will truly determine his character.

Right now he is a scammer. I could care less how well known he is.

The facts are all well documented in this thread.

The most important thing is that bracek will not forget.

I see  bracek have good advice for Charlie, this is his chance to buy at low price!
Activity: 252
Merit: 250
www.CloudThink.IO
January 04, 2015, 10:28:37 PM
More so Charlie has time before he goes to prison to make good on this past due debt.

Will he?

legendary
January 04, 2015, 10:20:26 PM

Will he?

Pages:
Jump to: