Pages:
Author

Topic: Charlie Shrem is scammer, watch out - page 9. (Read 32782 times)

legendary
Activity: 3192
Merit: 1278
Primedice.com, Stake.com
December 18, 2014, 02:08:10 AM
I disagree with the consensus in this thread. I haven't met or spoken to him but I believe he's a trustworthy person, from what I can see it simply seems like he doesn't have access to enough bitcoins at the moment.

I'm willing to seamlessly buy the debt at a fair price and allow Charlie up to 6 months of zero scrutiny to return the funds as long as he is fully aware of what's going on and approves the debt transfer. I've been following this thread for a while and I believe there is a good chance he will return the funds. Before moving forward I'd also like some sort of update from him, I'm a patient person but I'd like an idea of when he will have available funds.

PM me your offer for the debt and I can send payment immediately after my above conditions are reached.
I would be careful dealing with barcek, (look at his username - it is very close to Obama's first name - certainly untrustworthy) he seems to not be the most honest trader on here, not by far.

I know that he has posted an address that he said will not change, and asked someone to quote him in case his account were to get hacked. Someone had quoted him on this thread, but after checking the entire thread twice I am unable to find either message.

If you do get an offer from barcek I would suggest having badbear restore the deleted posts and getting a signed message from the same address that was posted. The only address that barcek has posted is here.

Good call, I'd likely be leaving that burden on Charlie though. If they have communication through another channel and he can confirm that this is indeed the correct person I would require him to pay me back the remaining coins regardless of whether or not his confirmation was correct. It shouldn't be difficult for him to 100% prove it and it would be a small amount of effort for a 6 month payment extension without someone constantly bad mouthing his name/reputation.
Activity: 658
Merit: 500
December 18, 2014, 02:02:38 AM
I disagree with the consensus in this thread. I haven't met or spoken to him but I believe he's a trustworthy person, from what I can see it simply seems like he doesn't have access to enough bitcoins at the moment.

I'm willing to seamlessly buy the debt at a fair price and allow Charlie up to 6 months of zero scrutiny to return the funds as long as he is fully aware of what's going on and approves the debt transfer. I've been following this thread for a while and I believe there is a good chance he will return the funds. Before moving forward I'd also like some sort of update from him, I'm a patient person but I'd like an idea of when he will have available funds.

PM me your offer for the debt and I can send payment immediately after my above conditions are reached.
I would be careful dealing with barcek, (look at his username - it is very close to Obama's first name - certainly untrustworthy) he seems to not be the most honest trader on here, not by far.

I know that he has posted an address that he said will not change, and asked someone to quote him in case his account were to get hacked. Someone had quoted him on this thread, but after checking the entire thread twice I am unable to find either message.

If you do get an offer from barcek I would suggest having badbear restore the deleted posts and getting a signed message from the same address that was posted. The only address that barcek has posted is here.
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1000
December 18, 2014, 01:47:27 AM
He fucked the OP over plan and simple, he stole the coins with the hopes of speculating on some bullshit bitcoin scam and he got short dicked, when he couldn't pay he started pussy footing around the issue buying time. Sold the coins at a 600 valuation in august and still cant repay at a 300 valuation today.

Walter block kissing ass and others, none have neg rated him... including you smoothie!
legendary
Activity: 3192
Merit: 1278
Primedice.com, Stake.com
December 18, 2014, 01:32:50 AM
I disagree with the consensus in this thread, I think these funds will most likely be repaid with delay. I haven't met or spoken with Charlie but I believe he's a reasonably trustworthy person, from what I can see it simply seems like he doesn't have access to enough bitcoins at the moment.

I'm willing to seamlessly buy the debt at a fair price and allow Charlie up to 6 months of zero scrutiny to return the funds as long as he is fully aware of what's going on and approves the debt transfer.  Before moving forward I'd also like some sort of update from him, I'm a patient person but I'd like an idea of when he will have available funds.

PM me your offer for the debt and we'll move from there.
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473
LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper
December 17, 2014, 04:46:43 PM
Man, Charlie, you had everything going on for awhile.  Now it's come to this...
This is really not him scamming. This is really more Bareak making a big deal out of the fact that it is taking a long time for Charlie to sell physical bitcoin

Do your research before posting. You obviously do not know the whole story. To me this is equivalent to scamming already based on all the facts that have been confirmed.
While Charlie is certainly delinquent in his payment, there was never a specific date set for repayment.... so technically there was no agreement broken because they never specified beforehand. He may have made other agreements after the fact but since no additional exchange is made it does not have the same force as far as a contract is concerned. Both parties clearly participated in the shoddy construction of this agreement. This of course does not release Charlie from his debt, but I don't think you could define it as scamming just yet as he has shown some intent to deliver the debt, just maybe not the ability just yet.

On the contrary, the deal was that once coins were sold payment would be sent to bracek.

TWO 25 BTC Casascius coins were sold in August 2014 and that payment never directly got to bracek. At least from what facts have been exposed.

So no I have to disagree with you there. Charlie is a scammer in my view.

Charlie said he would pay back every week. It has been a month...and not a word.

Coincidence? I think not. More of the same: Say something and not back it up with his actions.
legendary
Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958
First Exclusion Ever
December 17, 2014, 04:27:37 PM
This is really not him scamming. This is really more Bareak making a big deal out of the fact that it is taking a long time for Charlie to sell physical bitcoin

Do your research before posting. You obviously do not know the whole story. To me this is equivalent to scamming already based on all the facts that have been confirmed.
While Charlie is certainly delinquent in his payment, there was never a specific date set for repayment.... so technically there was no agreement broken because they never specified beforehand. He may have made other agreements after the fact but since no additional exchange is made it does not have the same force as far as a contract is concerned. Both parties clearly participated in the shoddy construction of this agreement. This of course does not release Charlie from his debt, but I don't think you could define it as scamming just yet as he has shown some intent to deliver the debt, just maybe not the ability just yet.
legendary
December 15, 2014, 05:56:46 AM

Activity: 530
December 15, 2014, 05:01:08 AM

read the thread carefully,
to talk like you do is bad for your karma
Activity: 700
December 15, 2014, 03:25:05 AM
]If you are paying interest and it will likely take a long time sell the two coins why don't you just send one of the 25 BTC coins back to braek to cover the majority of the rest of the debt?

It won't take a long time. I've already sent most of the physicals for grading or sold them. I can send them back to him, but by that time the debt will likely be paid.

The interest works in everyones favor. I am incentivized to pay him faster, and I've started the interest from 6 weeks ago to be fair.

Thanks

Charlie

Approaching a month since this statement was posted
Hope that the OP gets their coins back or the interest on the principal
Activity: 568
Smoke weed everyday!
December 15, 2014, 03:20:42 AM
Activity: 139
Merit: 100
Owner@ CryptoFundingTracker.com
December 15, 2014, 03:17:12 AM
Activity: 532
no longer selling accounts
December 12, 2014, 09:19:10 PM
Bracek, I'd be pissed too if I was you. Good luck, hope you get paid.

Blazedout, I agree there's a good chance the debt is eventually paid. Charlie could have a cash flow problem and doesn't want to admit it.

I don't know if it was true or not, but when I started this thread,
Charlie said he had enough USD to pay me off, he mentioned exact sum...

is anybody interested in buying out this debt at discount ?
someone closer to him ?
How much of a discount are you talking about? How much is owed to you as of now?

I think it is around 35 btc currently,
are you offering something or just asking about ?
A little of both, although I would not be able to make the first offer, and I would almost certainly not be able to buy the entire amount owed.
December 12, 2014, 07:51:15 PM

Blazedout, I agree there's a good chance the debt is eventually paid. Charlie could have a cash flow problem and doesn't want to admit it.

someone closer to him ?
How much of a discount are you talking about? How much is owed to you as of now?

I think it is around 35 btc currently,
are you offering something or just asking about ?
legendary
December 12, 2014, 04:34:48 PM

someone closer to him ?

I suppose that is one solution for you. Hopefully someone will buy it at a high enough price.
Activity: 532
no longer selling accounts
December 12, 2014, 02:19:59 PM

someone closer to him ?
December 12, 2014, 01:54:08 PM

someone closer to him ?
Activity: 336
Merit: 250
December 12, 2014, 01:00:43 AM

legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1119
December 12, 2014, 12:28:14 AM
Wow I am really surprised he has not taken care of this yet. I have done a few deals with Charlie and never an issue, but I totally understand while OP is pissed. I really hope Charlie gets this sorted out ASAP as it does look pretty bad.

Not that it matters, but I personally  think he will get this paid off + the interest due. We all know he has gone through a bunch of legal issues, and I am sure that has a lot to do with this lack of reply/payment.
legendary
December 11, 2014, 09:03:08 PM
]If you are paying interest and it will likely take a long time sell the two coins why don't you just send one of the 25 BTC coins back to braek to cover the majority of the rest of the debt?

It won't take a long time. I've already sent most of the physicals for grading or sold them. I can send them back to him, but by that time the debt will likely be paid.

The interest works in everyones favor. I am incentivized to pay him faster, and I've started the interest from 6 weeks ago to be fair.

Thanks

Charlie

ORLY?
legendary
December 11, 2014, 09:00:33 PM
he should have paid a long time ago.
even if he pays today, it shows me he is not a man of his word. even tho i don't know about OP, I am stressed for 60 BTC! it is a lot of money.

as I said long time ago,
he decided to cash in on his reputation here,

if you see in his feedback/reputation history,
my deal was his first bigger deal and he took off with the money

Keep bumping this thread every other day or so until he pays it all back (if he does).
Pages:
Jump to: