Pages:
Author

Topic: [CHART] Bitcoin Inflation vs. Time - page 11. (Read 1087945 times)

legendary
Activity: 1762
Merit: 1010
February 20, 2018, 07:32:36 AM
What happens when no blocks can be mined. How do transactions get processed then ?

Is this some sort of rhetorical question? Blocks must be mined to process transactions, but there will always be blocks mined as long as miners are paid the block reward and/or fees, and it remains profitable. If not, difficulty drops after two weeks and/or fees from more transactions build up in the mempool and it becomes profitable again to mine more blocks.
Activity: 1
Merit: 0
February 20, 2018, 07:24:01 AM
What happens when no blocks can be mined. How do transactions get processed then ?
legendary
February 20, 2018, 04:26:07 AM
Pictures not working...
The pictures are normal, but times have changed, and maybe those pictures are useless.

They aren't useless, they are only slightly off.

Well for now they are slightly off, but they might as well become useless if market stays as unstable as it was a couple of months.

No. The emission schedule is only very slightly affected by price over time, in the sense that a higher price can incentivize faster blocks within a two week period. Over the long term, the creation of new bitcoins happens at right around every 10 minutes, regardless of the price.
Activity: 26
Merit: 1
February 19, 2018, 09:17:09 AM
Pictures not working...
The pictures are normal, but times have changed, and maybe those pictures are useless.

Well for now they are slightly off, but they might as well become useless if market stays as unstable as it was a couple of months.
legendary
February 19, 2018, 08:53:31 AM
Pictures not working...

Activity: 25
February 19, 2018, 02:33:40 AM
Pictures not working...
Activity: 350
Merit: 11
February 17, 2018, 02:47:28 AM
If other currencies recognize inflation or a decline in the value of a currency, then Bitcoin only recognizes deflation, or reduced production of Bitcoin that makes the value of Bitcoin increasingly uphill. Bitcoin experiences what is called Bitcoin Halvings, or a reduction of the virtual currency supply because it happens every 4 years, every 10 minutes there will be a reduction in the amount of Bitcoin to half.
Activity: 812
Merit: 108
February 16, 2018, 01:27:41 PM
Forgive my ignorance here, but I'm not sure I understand this graph. I'm not a math genius or economics genius, but I thought inflation was a rise in prices due to an increase in the money, which is obviously not what we see graphed here. How is inflation defined in this graph?

Inflation in this case is the increase in the supply of money (sometimes called money supply inflation).
At the point where the graph indicates 10% it means the money supply is growing at 10% annualized rate at that point in time.

It is sometimes useful for people to be specific (price inflation vs money supply inflation).  Obviously both "sides" believe their definition of inflation is the right one but it always leads to confusion and/or fights.  If everyone simply used the terms price inflation or money supply inflation it would always be clear.
I agree with  your statement that increase money supply will lead to increase inflation but in fiat currency we have central authority who can control the money supply rate to control inflation but in crypto who control supply, we people . On simple we way we can see in graph when block size increase than inflation also increase because bitcoin mining is on peak level and supply of coin increase year by year, After mining 21 millions btc what will be the inflation rate ?
Activity: 136
February 16, 2018, 06:38:01 AM
The coin will be issued less and less; hence, this will lead to deflation.
legendary
February 16, 2018, 02:45:06 AM
Nice pictures, but old stuff. Why are people still commenting this post of already several years ago? Without saying anything substantial by the way? Isn't that necroposting?

The charts could be updated to account for not perfect 10 minute blocks over time, but they're still relevant. It's a pinned post, so it gets a lot of traffic, unfortunately including bots using it to increase their post count.
Activity: 63
February 15, 2018, 10:22:55 PM
Chart can view the information but more graph for more explorer
Activity: 714
Merit: 117
February 15, 2018, 06:15:02 PM
Nice pictures, but old stuff. Why are people still commenting this post of already several years ago? Without saying anything substantial by the way? Isn't that necroposting?
Activity: 70
February 07, 2018, 04:12:13 PM
 More graph for more explanation
Activity: 27
February 07, 2018, 02:37:58 PM
Mainstream yes, but huge profitable business no) Profit is always on uncertainty!

If the currency is stable enough, that you can use it without worrying about exchange rate shocks, so why not? There is a project called Nebula Network (I recommend you read about it) Smiley Cryptocurrency which with time aims to be rock stable as through having an emission mechanism tied to providing tangible resources.  I wonder if this is the future of the world of cryptocurrencies..
February 07, 2018, 11:09:04 AM
Mainstream yes, but huge profitable business no) Profit is always on uncertainty!
Activity: 27
February 07, 2018, 06:04:52 AM
It depends how you would like to use them. if you want to make cryptocurrency used mainstreamly, it should be stable
February 06, 2018, 07:14:14 PM
Good opinion, but I think the crypto currency can`t be stable this is a good part of innovations. Crypto currencies should always fluctuated and gives a possibility to make money for all of us every single moment.
Activity: 658
Merit: 100
February 06, 2018, 06:53:42 AM
Hopefully the predictions are right, I hope the bitcoin prices are stable again
Its condition is now very sad
Activity: 28
February 05, 2018, 01:02:20 PM
 Grin Grin Great work. but i belive that the price of bitcoin will increase by time to time.
 Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
Activity: 139
February 05, 2018, 12:39:03 AM
Forgive my ignorance here, but I'm not sure I understand this graph. I'm not a math genius or economics genius, but I thought inflation was a rise in prices due to an increase in the money supply, which is obviously not what we see graphed here. How is inflation defined in this graph?

I agree with i dont understand either what theyre trying tp prove about inflation, as what i've also thought its about increase of money,.i apologize also to interrupt your other way of defining inflation.
Pages:
Jump to: