Pages:
Author

Topic: Christian BS - page 3. (Read 12699 times)

Activity: 300
Merit: 250
August 30, 2016, 04:28:30 AM
It's like a test. Those who ignore such things are such... those who see it as BS and don't fall for it pass. You can also say that those who are bad people won't even flinch, so you can say that Christianity has more evil people percentage wise than those who don't follow any religion.
Activity: 826
Merit: 504
August 30, 2016, 04:22:14 AM
Incest was allowed during those time because god said so and the population ain't that huge compare today.
There were even a time that abraham was permitted by god to have sex with sarah the slave of her wife just so they can have son.

Wow, so glad we are having this discussion here. All the Christians are finally coming out and admitting that their God is not so moral after all. From allowing sexual slavery of your underage daughters to allowing incest. Real Godly.
legendary
Activity: 3906
Merit: 1373
August 30, 2016, 04:18:54 AM
So your source mentions Leviticus 18:6-18, but I was talking about the NT. Where in the New Testament is incest forbidden? Since you don't believe in the OT laws.

You can Google something like "incest in the New Testament" just as easily as I, right? You don't even seem to understand that I believe in the O.T. laws way more than the average Christian. So, why would you want me to do your research for you?

Of course, what one means when he says, "believe in the OT laws," might be uncertain without more explanation. After all, James in the N.T. says regarding belief in God, "even demons believe, and shudder."

Cool

That's the point. Christianity is so contradictory, you would think that for someone who claims to be omnipotent and benevolent, he would clarify and be more specific just so he doesn't have to send 99% of the population to a place full of fire, and smoke, and torture where you will live forever till the end of time (Christianity is elitism, I believe that). Oh wait, he has already committed genocide against the unborn, so it's not really a benevolent God after all. But he loves you?

Christianity is not contradictory at all. People are simply unwilling to take the time to think about what they are reading in the Bible.

If you take offense because of what God does or says somehow, what do you know that is greater than the Creator of the universe? Rather, shouldn't you ask Him for clarification over and over until He gives it to you?

God has committed genocide against the unborn? I always understood that He loved them so much that He sent the Savior, Jesus, to save them rather than destroying the universe, which destruction would destroy their potentiality.

Cool
legendary
Activity: 3178
Merit: 1054
August 30, 2016, 04:15:51 AM
Incest was allowed during those time because god said so and the population ain't that huge compare today.
There were even a time that abraham was permitted by god to have sex with sarah the slave of her wife just so they can have son.
August 30, 2016, 04:08:21 AM
So your source mentions Leviticus 18:6-18, but I was talking about the NT. Where in the New Testament is incest forbidden? Since you don't believe in the OT laws.

You can Google something like "incest in the New Testament" just as easily as I, right? You don't even seem to understand that I believe in the O.T. laws way more than the average Christian. So, why would you want me to do your research for you?

Of course, what one means when he says, "believe in the OT laws," might be uncertain without more explanation. After all, James in the N.T. says regarding belief in God, "even demons believe, and shudder."

Cool

That's the point. Christianity is so contradictory, you would think that for someone who claims to be omnipotent and benevolent, he would clarify and be more specific just so he doesn't have to send 99% of the population to a place full of fire, and smoke, and torture where you will live forever till the end of time (Christianity is elitism, I believe that). Oh wait, he has already committed genocide against the unborn, so it's not really a benevolent God after all. But he loves you?
legendary
August 30, 2016, 03:51:04 AM

Cool
August 30, 2016, 03:43:38 AM
legendary
Activity: 3178
Merit: 1054
August 30, 2016, 03:38:32 AM
Those laws are from exodus, those are moses times. The new laws are during christ time. Its the spiritual laws that matters now and not the physical laws just as in the ten commandments are not valid ainymore.

The change or priesthood will also change the governing laws.

The Ten Commandments are the best basic form for showing love. Love was the important thing in the O.T., like it is the important thing now. So, just like love is valid now, the TC are valid now.

The things that are not valid now are the Jewish ceremonial laws - not valid because the Messiah came and fulfilled them - and the governmental laws designed for the government of Israel - which was very free for individual people of the time. Of course, any nation can decide it wants the governing law of Israel, but in the Bible, they were only for ancient Israel.

Cool

It changes just when christ law was laid. Thou shall not kill can't be valid anymore since christ law says the moment you thought of killing you already have sinned. Its a big difference as one can't physically kill someone before he actually comitted a law.
legendary
August 30, 2016, 03:36:54 AM
This topic smells like a butthurt liberal sjw crap  Smiley

The awkward moment when you believe in a book that is okay with you selling your daughter into sexual slavery as the word of God, and deem it less offensive than those "butthurt liberal sjws".

BADecker, you still haven't shown me the verse.

Based on love, if it is more beneficial for your daughter to sell her into slavery than not, why wouldn't you want to do it, even today?

What verse?

Cool

The verse that prohibits incest in the Bible

Look here https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Incest_in_the_Bible and here http://www.gotquestions.org/incest-in-the-Bible.html.

Cool
August 30, 2016, 03:33:15 AM

The awkward moment when you believe in a book that is okay with you selling your daughter into sexual slavery as the word of God, and deem it less offensive than those "butthurt liberal sjws".

Based on love, if it is more beneficial for your daughter to sell her into slavery than not, why wouldn't you want to do it, even today?

What verse?

Cool

The verse that prohibits incest in the Bible
legendary
August 30, 2016, 03:31:10 AM

What verse?

Cool
legendary
August 30, 2016, 03:29:08 AM

You forgot to wash your hands after your last dump?    Cool
August 30, 2016, 03:28:35 AM

legendary
August 30, 2016, 03:26:46 AM
So, you get to pick and choose what parts of the OT are still relevant, like the ten commandments?
No. The O.T. tells you what parts of itself are relevant to whom. Nobody other than ancient Israel was given the ceremonial law. The O.T. specifically states what parts of the laws of Israel were for foreigners passing through Israel lands, and which parts weren't.

The moral laws are for everyone, because everyone is under the same human condition. Obviously, the governmental laws are different for each nation.

Alright, then. The ten commandments still do not prohibit incest in any way. You wanna show me where in the NT incest is forbidden?

Look here https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Incest_in_the_Bible and here http://www.gotquestions.org/incest-in-the-Bible.html.

Cool
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
narrowpathnetwork.com
August 30, 2016, 03:20:35 AM
August 30, 2016, 03:07:53 AM
So, you get to pick and choose what parts of the OT are still relevant, like the ten commandments?

Alright, then. The ten commandments still do not prohibit incest in any way. You wanna show me where in the NT incest is forbidden?
legendary
August 30, 2016, 03:02:35 AM
Things that are known to science:
Evolution is a fact
Probability math shows that evolution is impossible. The thing that science calls evolution is simply complex cause and effect... programming of the universe and life.

Actually, the myth that Adam and Eve incestuously copulated and led to our current population today in just a matter of 6,000 years is what is mathematically impossible.

Adam live to be substantially older than 900. While we don't know how old Eve was when she died, people were healthy to live as long as they did. When you are healthy, sex is fun. Eve probably had 400 years of fun sex child bearing time. That's 400 kids+.

This kind of thing lasted the 1,600 years or so before the Flood, and for a time, after the Flood.

Like all the women were having this great fun.

The question is, why is the population so small?

Wars do you think?

Cool

Even the great Flood was mathematically impossible. Thanks for reminding me. At some point within those 6,000 years, life had to start all over again, this time, Noah had to incestuously copulate with his family, as well as the other animals in the ark in an attempt to recreate civilization. It does say "all the species", so where did they store the parasites?

It has been found that there is more water locked up in the mantle of the earth than all the oceans combined.

We don't like the idea of incest, and biblically it is commanded not to be done. But when you live for hundreds of years like Noah, his sons, and many people through several hundred years after the flood, the health to do this - incest - overcomes the health disadvantages of incest. In addition, the no-incest command was given at the exodus, hundreds of years after Noah.

Since Noah wasn't an animal, the "other animals" wording implies wrong thinking.

Well, where do you keep your parasites?

The fossil record shows at least 3 times the number of species back "then" as there are alive today. Noah took on board all the species he was commanded to take by God.

No Christian BS here. Simply lack of understanding or worse on the part of the secular world.

Cool

If I had to refute all your BS point by point, it would be a very long post, definitely not worth it. I have bolded the part where you acknowledge "incest for the greater good of mankind" though! You know what else the fossil record proves? That's right, evolution.

I don't like long posts either, but sometimes they are necessary to get a point across.

I don't see anything wrong with the bolded part, except that it could have been worded a little better I suppose.

The fossil record totally proves that no evolution could have taken place. No missing links in it.

What the fossil record DOES prove is that there were no thousands or hundreds of thousands of years for the fossils to form. Seems like people forget about the little word "rot" when they look at the fossils. Delicate ferns that are preserved as fossils would have rotted away long before they could have fossilized, if fossilization took thousands of years.

Cool
legendary
August 30, 2016, 02:56:28 AM
Those laws are from exodus, those are moses times. The new laws are during christ time. Its the spiritual laws that matters now and not the physical laws just as in the ten commandments are not valid ainymore.

The Ten Commandments are the best basic form for showing love. Love was the important thing in the O.T., like it is the important thing now. So, just like love is valid now, the TC are valid now.

The things that are not valid now are the Jewish ceremonial laws - not valid because the Messiah came and fulfilled them - and the governmental laws designed for the government of Israel - which was very free for individual people of the time. Of course, any nation can decide it wants the governing law of Israel, but in the Bible, they were only for ancient Israel.

Cool
August 30, 2016, 02:51:20 AM
Evolution is a fact
Probability math shows that evolution is impossible. The thing that science calls evolution is simply complex cause and effect... programming of the universe and life.

Actually, the myth that Adam and Eve incestuously copulated and led to our current population today in just a matter of 6,000 years is what is mathematically impossible.

Adam live to be substantially older than 900. While we don't know how old Eve was when she died, people were healthy to live as long as they did. When you are healthy, sex is fun. Eve probably had 400 years of fun sex child bearing time. That's 400 kids+.

This kind of thing lasted the 1,600 years or so before the Flood, and for a time, after the Flood.

Wars do you think?

Cool

Even the great Flood was mathematically impossible. Thanks for reminding me. At some point within those 6,000 years, life had to start all over again, this time, Noah had to incestuously copulate with his family, as well as the other animals in the ark in an attempt to recreate civilization. It does say "all the species", so where did they store the parasites?

It has been found that there is more water locked up in the mantle of the earth than all the oceans combined.

We don't like the idea of incest, and biblically it is commanded not to be done. But when you live for hundreds of years like Noah, his sons, and many people through several hundred years after the flood, the health to do this - incest - overcomes the health disadvantages of incest. In addition, the no-incest command was given at the exodus, hundreds of years after Noah.

Since Noah wasn't an animal, the "other animals" wording implies wrong thinking.

The fossil record shows at least 3 times the number of species back "then" as there are alive today. Noah took on board all the species he was commanded to take by God.

No Christian BS here. Simply lack of understanding or worse on the part of the secular world.

Cool

If I had to refute all your BS point by point, it would be a very long post, definitely not worth it. I have bolded the part where you acknowledge "incest for the greater good of mankind" though! You know what else the fossil record proves? That's right, evolution.

If you think the OT is no longer relevant, it means you embrace incest, because nowhere in the NT is incest forbidden. Lol.
legendary
August 30, 2016, 02:49:12 AM
Evolution is a fact

Wars do you think?

Cool

Cool
Pages:
Jump to: