Pages:
Author

Topic: Christian BS - page 7. (Read 12699 times)

legendary
Activity: 3906
Merit: 1373
October 30, 2014, 12:31:13 PM
Christians are often confused with Catholics though. There are so much things about christianity that should be embraced by everyone (like many other religions), but catholicism adds nothing good to the society.

This is true.

In Mexico, many Mexican people state that they are not Christians, but are Catholics. The fact that they are what they state, is part of the reason that they are coming up into the United States.

You see? The total, basic, underlying reason for Christianity, is the salvation of souls - the resurrection from death into a future life in the new heavens and new earth that God will create sometime in the future. A side benefit is good morality in this life.

Good Catholicism takes the focus off the salvation part, and makes good morality in this life to be the "outer" focus. Good U.S. Christianity keeps the focus where it should be, even though it often distracts from the good-morality-in-this-life part.

This is the reason that God is bringing so many Latinos up across the border, both from Cuba, and through Mexico from all of the Latin American countries. God would like to save a bunch of Latinos by correcting their focus on what is most important. And God would like to correct the morality of U.S. Christians by introducing them, again, to good morality.

Many U.S. Christians would disagree about my "good Catholicism" statement above. But the reason for their disagreement is that they have never seen what Catholicism is like in Spain, Italy, Portugal, and Latin America. Catholicism in the States has been incorporating the saving of souls into its base for a long time. The Catholic church doesn't care, as long as it gets its money and worship.

Smiley
legendary
October 30, 2014, 12:13:53 PM
Is there a religion that resembles Buddhism that is ok with sex and alcohol?   I think that's where I would fit best  Undecided

EDIT: Scratch that - I'm not sure I fit in any religion  Sad     I feel like I should just create my own.

Bible Christianity is okay with alcohol... if it isn't used in amounts that harm a person by causing him to pass out... and if it doesn't impair his ability to make reasonably accurate moral decisions.

Bible Christianity encourages sex between a husband and wife, both so that children are given, and so that sexual relationships between partners who are not husband and wife are discouraged... because who needs it elsewhere if you have it at home.

Smiley
Activity: 826
Merit: 504
October 30, 2014, 11:17:22 AM
Is there a religion that resembles Buddhism that is ok with sex and alcohol?   I think that's where I would fit best  Undecided

EDIT: Scratch that - I'm not sure I fit in any religion  Sad     I feel like I should just create my own.

"Pick and choose Christianity", America's dominant religion would be your best bet
legendary
Activity: 1789
Merit: 2535
Goonies never say die.
October 30, 2014, 11:06:23 AM

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000
October 30, 2014, 11:00:20 AM
Christians are often confused with Catholics though. There are so much things about christianity that should be embraced by everyone (like many other religions), but catholicism adds nothing good to the society.
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1019
October 30, 2014, 09:08:53 AM
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts."
- Richard Feynman
legendary
October 29, 2014, 04:06:55 PM
I think the extreme versions of both Christians and Atheists are both a little odd. I can't understand the logic in either direction and usually find myself somewhere in between. Atheists like to point to the fact that Christians really don't know anything but what the Bible supposedly says happened and do so using Science as their weapon. "Real" Christians seem to think anyone not following the Bible word for word is a lost soul and needs to be saved using the Bible as their weapon.

Atheists believe their master, Science.
Christians believe their master, God.

I believe God(s) exists but I can't bring myself to believe, word for word, a collection of books & writings that has been compiled starting sometime  3,500 years ago (or however many years it is speculated) has somehow made it to modern times intact with the same information it was attempting to relay.... Let alone whether the information was even started off accurately or was passed between people multiple times before it was written into the book we call the Bible. I guess I don't have that much faith in us as humans?

There are several kinds of science. For example. There's a chemistry science where you throw a certain amount of known chemicals into a beaker, add some acid, and you get a reaction. This reaction is the same every time, simply because you control all the elements. Most Christians have NOTHING WHATSOEVER against this kind of science.

There is, also, a kind of science where you throw a bunch of chemicals into a beaker, add some acid, and you get a reaction. The difference with this process is, that there were a bunch of unidentified and unidentifiable chemicals already in the beaker. Since you knew there were a bunch of unidentified and unidentifiable chemicals already in the beaker, you did your science test behind a protective wall, mixing the chemicals with robotic arms, so you don't get hurt if the thing explodes.

This second kind of science is the kind that evolutionists and old-earth scientists do. The things they don't know about the mix in the beaker are all the things that they don't know about the past that might have happened. The wall these scientists hide behind is the wall of the little word "if" in their papers. They say, "IF things in the past were such and such, and so and so, then evolution happened like we think it did, and the earth is 13 to 14 billion years old."

The scientists are reasonably honest. They say it like it is. They say "IF." Even the universities that help them publish their papers are reasonably honest. But the governments, the politicians, the people who want to control society by building a big fat lie out of the scientific papers, are saying that the things that the scientists have discovered are "true, true, true." And the scientists and universities don't want to embarrass themselves (or lose their government subsidy) by countering what the politicians say, so they go along with it. And now we have a bunch of lies and potential lies published in the textbooks and encyclopedias all around the world.

If you want to believe what someone says, check your sources. It's a difficult thing to do with science, and impossible to do with the Bible (except in a general way). But, if you want to go to the trouble of seeing the truth in science, you ABSOLUTELY CAN with the scientific papers. Just don't become confused by all their mathematical mumbo jumbo, math that can be twisted every which way, often to prove things are mathematically true in directions that are opposite of each other... but we, the lay person will never know, because we don't understand higher math.

Consider, Big Bang, evolution, and chaos are still THEORIES, at their base, and in the pure scientific meaning of the word "theory." But because these and others are often touted as truth, they have become religion, with the politicians as "god," and the scientists and universities as high priest.

Let's get science back into the practical, and out of the stupid "daydreams," so that the engineers can build more gizmos and gadgets to help us in our way of life.

Smiley
legendary
legendary
Activity: 1789
Merit: 2535
Goonies never say die.
October 29, 2014, 02:08:59 PM
I think the extreme versions of both Christians and Atheists are both a little odd. I can't understand the logic in either direction and usually find myself somewhere in between. Atheists like to point to the fact that Christians really don't know anything but what the Bible supposedly says happened and do so using Science as their weapon. "Real" Christians seem to think anyone not following the Bible word for word is a lost soul and needs to be saved using the Bible as their weapon.

Atheists believe their master, Science.
Christians believe their master, God.

I believe God(s) exists but I can't bring myself to believe, word for word, a collection of books & writings that has been compiled starting sometime  3,500 years ago (or however many years it is speculated) has somehow made it to modern times intact with the same information it was attempting to relay.... Let alone whether the information was even started off accurately or was passed between people multiple times before it was written into the book we call the Bible. I guess I don't have that much faith in us as humans?

legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000
October 29, 2014, 01:09:34 PM
Holy fuck, that's going to cause a shitstorm, especially amongst the Americans.
legendary
October 28, 2014, 10:57:47 AM
Just give it up.
The religious retards dont know what evolution is and refuses to read up on it.

Refuse*

Damn, I hate it when people use the word "retard" to describe someone else with terrible grammar.

LOL !   Cheesy
Activity: 826
Merit: 504
October 28, 2014, 05:32:07 AM
Just give it up.
The religious retards dont know what evolution is and refuses to read up on it.

Refuse*

Damn, I hate it when people use the word "retard" to describe someone else with terrible grammar.
Activity: 555
Merit: 507
October 27, 2014, 03:58:36 PM
Just give it up.
The religious retards dont know what evolution is and refuses to read up on it. After all the people that wrote it is "evil" and they think you have to believe in ghost and goblins to be good (or a eternal skydaddy. Same thing.)
Aparently only slaves can be good. If you dont have a "master" and live your life on your knees you have to be evil.
Atleast the people in North Korea can get out when they are dead, but this guy isn't as forgiving as Kim Ill Sung. He keeps you in eternal jugdement after you are dead. Its the celestial North Korea.
They dont have a clue what they are against, but it is bad because their book "good" says so. "We know what it says is true because the book says its true, and its written by God and he is good because the book says so"
A good excample is in this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yRT3a2lGv3E (Dont watch it. it got information and its evil)
Let them beleave that its ok to stone kids that dont obey their parents.
That its ok to kill kids that mocks old men for being bald
That it is good to give your kids to rapegangs if it keep you visitors safe like Lot did, or at times its good to drink too much and rape them yourself like he also did.
I know they will go to his defence. " they lured him into it" Yeah right. Try to use that one in court.
That a rapevictim have to marry their rapist or be stoned.
That collecting sticks on the sabbath is worse than rape. (After all rape is rewarded with a wife. Collect sticks and you get stoned)
You can beat your slave as long as he lives a day or two. (they are your property after all)
Getting a short hearcut is evil (look it up. its in Leviticus)
People that likes seafood needs to be killed,
Thnks the eart is flat (yes I know that most christians think that God dont know the diffrence between a circle and a sphere. Dosn't sound all powerful to me),
That dont even know what day Jesus was killed on. The bible mentions 2 diffrent days.
Dont know who was at the grave, The gospels disagree on that one.
Dont know how Judas died. Again its 2 versions. The list goes on and on.

Yes, I have read the bible several times and it's disgusting.
Who needs a Satan with an asshole like this
I have given up arguing with the retards since they have no idea what they disagree with while worshiping a monster, and if I ask them to look something up they cant because its against their book or their old slogan "evil"..... almost as evil as their God
Activity: 30
Merit: 0
October 26, 2014, 09:58:19 PM
christian gonna christ
legendary
October 26, 2014, 05:48:35 PM
Using money is very unnatural. So anyone who thinks we shouldn't do unnatural things, please stop using bitcoin and leave this forum, lest you keep being tempted to do things that are unnatural and not in god's design.

what human civilizations have not organically arised a money medium of trade no matter how geographically separated?

Money isn't the problem. Trusting other people - like banks - to keep it for you is stupid. Look at what the IRS can do with your bank account: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/how-irs-can-seize-accounts-on-suspicion-alone-835738.

Smiley
legendary
October 26, 2014, 05:45:29 PM
I think the bible needs to be updated... It was written as guidlines on how to live 2000 years ago ~~ People following this book with 100% heart are very stupid.
here aren't any people following it like this >>> 100% heart.  Smiley
legendary
Activity: 942
Merit: 1026
October 26, 2014, 04:15:52 PM
No problem!  That's why they invented the BJ Wink

And fisting.  None of the bullshit religious texts say anything about fisting, so grab a can of Crisco and have fun.  Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1019
October 26, 2014, 01:16:17 PM
Using money is very unnatural. So anyone who thinks we shouldn't do unnatural things, please stop using bitcoin and leave this forum, lest you keep being tempted to do things that are unnatural and not in god's design.

what human civilizations have not organically arised a money medium of trade no matter how geographically separated?

A better question is where in nature is there anything like money used? All of nature depends on real resources, and whenever trade happens, real resources are traded. So things like money, and cars, glasses, computers, space rockets, etc are all unnatural. If you are going to complain about something being unnatural, make sure to abstain from all unnatural things. Unless you are some sort of a hypocrite.

Realistically, I would argue that calling anything unnatural is incorrect, but that's just me taking the main point of your argument further Smiley

edit:
I was just a bit put off by this non sequitur: "All of nature depends on real resources, and whenever trade happens, real resources are traded. So things like money, and cars, glasses, computers, space rockets, etc are all unnatural."

Since we're a product of nature following somewhat arbitrary physical yet natural laws, by extension, what we make within those physical confines should also be a product of nature. By extension of your wording's logic, your conclusion would be unsupported because the relationship between those items you list is that they are actually all physical things being turned into other real, physical things by real, physical things, dissonating with your declared premise. If one wants to say that anything that we (people) manipulate is unnatural, then they would also have to say that things like agriculture are unnatural Sad  And so, the argument from your wording just doesn't follow Kantian absolute truth to me, "unless you are some sort of hypocrite"  Wink

I personally view various forms of trade (i.e. the progression of time), even those that some term "unnatural", as ultimately entropy equalizing on one or more dimensions. Has anyone considered that what you might consider as unnatural is, from another perspective, a catalyst for the natural evolution of our species/Life in general?
Pages:
Jump to: