Pages:
Author

Topic: Christian BS - page 4. (Read 12699 times)

legendary
Activity: 3178
Merit: 1054
August 30, 2016, 02:41:00 AM
Those laws are from exodus, those are moses times. The new laws are during christ time. Its the spiritual laws that matters now and not the physical laws just as in the ten commandments are not valid ainymore.

The change or priesthood will also change the governing laws.
Activity: 826
Merit: 504
August 30, 2016, 02:30:48 AM
Things that are known to science:
Evolution is a fact
Probability math shows that evolution is impossible. The thing that science calls evolution is simply complex cause and effect... programming of the universe and life.

Actually, the myth that Adam and Eve incestuously copulated and led to our current population today in just a matter of 6,000 years is what is mathematically impossible.

Adam live to be substantially older than 900. While we don't know how old Eve was when she died, people were healthy to live as long as they did. When you are healthy, sex is fun. Eve probably had 400 years of fun sex child bearing time. That's 400 kids+.

This kind of thing lasted the 1,600 years or so before the Flood, and for a time, after the Flood.

Like all the women were having this great fun.

The question is, why is the population so small?

Wars do you think?

Cool

Even the great Flood was mathematically impossible. Thanks for reminding me. At some point within those 6,000 years, life had to start all over again, this time, Noah had to incestuously copulate with his family, as well as the other animals in the ark in an attempt to recreate civilization. It does say "all the species", so where did they store the parasites?
legendary
Activity: 3906
Merit: 1373
August 29, 2016, 07:05:50 PM
Evolution is a fact
Probability math shows that evolution is impossible. The thing that science calls evolution is simply complex cause and effect... programming of the universe and life.

Actually, the myth that Adam and Eve incestuously copulated and led to our current population today in just a matter of 6,000 years is what is mathematically impossible.

Adam live to be substantially older than 900. While we don't know how old Eve was when she died, people were healthy to live as long as they did. When you are healthy, sex is fun. Eve probably had 400 years of fun sex child bearing time. That's 400 kids+.

This kind of thing lasted the 1,600 years or so before the Flood, and for a time, after the Flood.

Like all the women were having this great fun.

The question is, why is the population so small?

Wars do you think?

Cool
August 29, 2016, 03:04:10 PM
Evolution is a fact

legendary
August 29, 2016, 02:55:30 PM
Evolution is a fact

Things that are not known to science:
God

The existence of God is shown by combining the scientific facts of cause and effect, complex universe, and universal entropy.

Cool
August 29, 2016, 02:53:07 PM
Evolution is a fact

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Speciation
Speciation is the evolutionary process by which reproductively isolated biological populations evolve to become distinct species.

1 Modes of speciation
    1.1 Allopatric
    1.2 Peripatric
    1.3 Parapatric
    1.4 Sympatric
        1.4.1 Example: Hawthorn fly
        1.4.2 Example: Three-spined sticklebacks
    1.5 Reinforcement
    1.6 Ecological and parallel speciation
    1.7 Sexual selection
2 Artificial speciation
3 Genetics
    3.1 Speciation via polyploidization
    3.2 Hybrid speciation
    3.3 Gene transposition
4 Historical background
    4.1 Darwin's dilemma: Why do species exist?
    4.2 The effect of sexual reproduction on species formation
5 Rates of speciation
    5.1 Punctuated evolution

God

Well, great post. But, you need to specify which God we are talking about here. Zeus? Odin? Dionysis? Allah? Jesus? Some Gods are known to science, for example, the gods of whoever worships nature.

All gods...

Science has never found any evidence of any god ever

My point was: What if your God was fire? We all know fire exists, because there is physical evidence of it. Then you wouldn't be able to say that, that particular God is not known to science.  Wink
Activity: 798
Merit: 722
August 29, 2016, 02:50:16 PM
Evolution is a fact

Speciation is the evolutionary process by which reproductively isolated biological populations evolve to become distinct species.

1 Modes of speciation
    1.1 Allopatric
    1.2 Peripatric
    1.3 Parapatric
    1.4 Sympatric
    1.5 Reinforcement
    1.7 Sexual selection
2 Artificial speciation
3 Genetics
    3.2 Hybrid speciation
    3.3 Gene transposition
4 Historical background
5 Rates of speciation
    5.1 Punctuated evolution

God

Well, great post. But, you need to specify which God we are talking about here. Zeus? Odin? Dionysis? Allah? Jesus? Some Gods are known to science, for example, the gods of whoever worships nature.

All gods...

Science has never found any evidence of any god ever

It's basically the definition of supernatural... science can only study natural phenomenon (things which exist)

Gods are supernatural (things which do not exist)
August 29, 2016, 02:48:42 PM
Evolution is a fact

1 Modes of speciation
    1.1 Allopatric
    1.2 Peripatric
    1.3 Parapatric
    1.4 Sympatric
    1.5 Reinforcement
    1.7 Sexual selection
2 Artificial speciation
3 Genetics
    3.2 Hybrid speciation
    3.3 Gene transposition
4 Historical background
5 Rates of speciation
    5.1 Punctuated evolution

God

Activity: 798
Merit: 722
August 29, 2016, 02:42:01 PM
Evolution is a fact

1 Modes of speciation
    1.1 Allopatric
    1.2 Peripatric
    1.3 Parapatric
    1.4 Sympatric
    1.5 Reinforcement
    1.7 Sexual selection
2 Artificial speciation
3 Genetics
    3.2 Hybrid speciation
    3.3 Gene transposition
4 Historical background
5 Rates of speciation
    5.1 Punctuated evolution

God
August 29, 2016, 02:35:29 PM
The things I am talking are known to be science fact.

I would have to disagree with that one, because nothing in the world is established to be a "fact". The ideas we recognize as scientifically accurate today may nor may not hold true tomorrow. However, there is universal truth, ideas like "Everyone is equal" which would hold true regardless of what the beliefs of a person's time are.

I will also add a quote by Voltaire here:

“Every man is a creature of the age in which he lives and few are able to raise themselves above the ideas of the time.”

Now you are talking philosophy.

Newton didn't formulate his 3rd law because nobody else had seen it in action. All people since the beginning have used it, and many have understood it. Newton simply was making a base for scientific study when he formulated it.

Newton's 3rd Law is fact.

Saying that it might not be fact, is philosophy or religion... or maybe simply stupidity.

Cool

Newton's third law is part of that universal truth, that manifested itself in different names in different cultures. The Chinese called it yin-yang, the Hindus called it karma, you just have to look, and you will find it.
legendary
August 29, 2016, 02:07:18 PM

I would have to disagree with that one, because nothing in the world is established to be a "fact". The ideas we recognize as scientifically accurate today may nor may not hold true tomorrow. However, there is universal truth, ideas like "Everyone is equal" which would hold true regardless of what the beliefs of a person's time are.

“Every man is a creature of the age in which he lives and few are able to raise themselves above the ideas of the time.”

Now you are talking philosophy.

Newton didn't formulate his 3rd law because nobody else had seen it in action. All people since the beginning have used it, and many have understood it. Newton simply was making a base for scientific study when he formulated it.

Newton's 3rd Law is fact.

Saying that it might not be fact, is philosophy or religion... or maybe simply stupidity.

Cool
August 29, 2016, 01:55:04 PM

legendary
August 29, 2016, 01:49:38 PM
I agree with you that there is partial free will. But according to scientific laws that we know, there isn't any free will. And the free will that we have is something entirely different than what we think it is. Entirely different.

That's a next level discussion opener right there. I would say that, simultaneously, we have both free will, and at the same time, no free will at all (according to physics). I am talking about a psycho-social, spiritual level here. From a materialistic perspective, we are all going to die and there really is nothing deeper than that.

People talk all kinds of things, right? Religion, and even philosophy, are things that are believed. That is, they are not know to be fact, either at all, or at least partially.

Talk is fun. It stimulates thinking. Many ideas are conveyed by talk. Ideas are ideas. Facts are facts.

Cool
August 29, 2016, 01:37:26 PM
I agree with you that there is partial free will. But according to scientific laws that we know, there isn't any free will. And the free will that we have is something entirely different than what we think it is. Entirely different.

That's a next level discussion opener right there. I would say that, simultaneously, we have both free will, and at the same time, no free will at all (according to physics). I am talking about a psycho-social, spiritual level here. From a materialistic perspective, we are all going to die and there really is nothing deeper than that.
legendary
August 29, 2016, 01:31:23 PM
Evolution is correct within the isolated phenomena of itself. In the reality of real life in the world, it is not.

This is perhaps the most illogical post of yours, and there was plenty of competition there. Belief in evolution may be optional, but participation is certainly mandatory, and I believe we have all seen why now  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

Oh, and I see you're quoting a young Earth creationist site. Might as well come out and say the Earth is flat, like church morals.

Who cares if the site was made by an orangutan? The stuff in it is incomplete. In addition to giving evolution an unfair, biased-in-favor-of-evolution benefit of the doubt, the stuff doesn't even include all the things that destroy every beneficial mutation that might have come along. But there is no evidence for beneficial mutations in nature in the first place.

Talk about competition if you like, but competition doesn't have anything to do with it.

Further, cause and effect is the thing we know. Let me quote you what I wrote at https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.16079564, and then find the information that really refutes it. You won't be able, because there is only talk against it - no factual science:
Newton's 3rd Law suggests otherwise. Remember, this law is a law. It isn't a theory. Everything that attempts to overcome Newton's 3rd Law is a theory or less... at least so far as we understand.

Newton's 3rd law with regard to free will works something like this.

Imagine that you make a free-will choice. To make this choice, almost countless numbers of electrons move in your brain. There are all kinds of additional chemical and bio-electrical stimuli at work in your brain, as well.

Now, focus on one electron in a firing synapse in you brain... one of the firings that is working with your decision-making process in the free-will choice we are discussing. This electron moves because it was bumped by a different electron = cause and effect. When it moves, it runs into another electron, stalling its own motion somewhat, and causing the other electron to move = cause and effect.

Your whole brain is full of actions and reactions, causes and effects, of all kinds of chemicals, that make synapses fire the way they do, and cause you to make what you think is a free-will choice one way or another. Your "free-will" choice is the effect of this causation process, and NOT free will after all.

All of this cause and effect goes back to what you had for supper last night, the cup of coffee you drank this morning, the sip of water you had at your desk, the perfume that beautiful co-worker of yours is wearing, etc., because the chemicals of all these affect you in some way. And all this in influenced by multitudes of things that affected the food you ate as it was growing, the chemicals in the water, the way the perfume was distilled. And all of this was caused to be the way it was by many other things... all the way back to the Beginning when God set the cause-and-effect process up to act out the earth's future history the way it did.

Cool

Cool
August 29, 2016, 11:53:32 AM
Evolution is correct within the isolated phenomena of itself. In the reality of real life in the world, it is not.

This is perhaps the most illogical post of yours, and there was plenty of competition there. Belief in evolution may be optional, but participation is certainly mandatory, and I believe we have all seen why now  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

Oh, and I see you're quoting a young Earth creationist site. Might as well come out and say the Earth is flat, like church morals.
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1005
New Decentralized Nuclear Hobbit
August 29, 2016, 11:31:34 AM
The scope of all life on earth is an isolated phenomena. It doesn't extend to any of the far stars.

We don't really know, do we?

The scope and benefits of evolution ideals has to do with methods to subvert people for political reasons, by those who would control everything. Are there benefits in testing and learning methods for controlling masses of people through deception? Obviously some people think that there are, or evolution would have died long ago as the sci-fi that it is.

You mean religion?

The point? Evolution is correct within the isolated phenomena of itself. In the reality of real life in the world, it is not.

Evolution is observable.

Smiley

Grin
legendary
November 15, 2014, 04:35:15 PM

The problem is that it's wrong.  Positivism has been known to be a logical impossibility for thousands of years.  It persists, however, because it happens to work quite beautifully when explaining isolated phenomena in relation to other isolated phenomena.  Accordingly, the scientific method is founded upon the assumption of a Positivistic Universe.  We just need to remember to disregard it before diving into metaphysics. 

Wow! I couldn't have said the reason for the idea of Evolution being wrong any better than this. Especially, "It persists, however, because it happens to work quite beautifully when explaining isolated phenomena in relation to other isolated phenomena."

Thanks.

Smiley

Here's what you need to remember, though -- evolution is both regarded and explained in terms of isolated phenomena in the scientific community, and it never tries to extend beyond the scope of isolated phenomena.  This basically that means that in an empirical context evolution is more-or-less correct.  If we recognize the scope of evolutionary theory, we can utilize its benefits (and there are many) at the same time that we can also understand there must exist broader, more comprehensive explanations. 

What!?

The scope of all life on earth is an isolated phenomena. It doesn't extend to any of the far stars. What does that have to do with evolution being correct?

Isaac Asimov was a clever science fiction writer. Much of his sci-fi writing could keep the reader almost spellbound, wondering how in the world an outcome like this could have happened... until there was explanation. Much of his sci-fi had science in it... real scientific observations and discoveries. In the isolated phenomena of Isaac Asimov sci-fi, the stories were correct. In the world of reality they are not.

The scope and benefits of evolution ideals has to do with methods to subvert people for political reasons, by those who would control everything. Are there benefits in testing and learning methods for controlling masses of people through deception? Obviously some people think that there are, or evolution would have died long ago as the sci-fi that it is.

The point? Evolution is correct within the isolated phenomena of itself. In the reality of real life in the world, it is not.

Smiley
Activity: 546
Merit: 500
November 15, 2014, 04:28:11 AM
This appears to be an appropriate place to mention this article from NEXUS magazine:

Evidence for Creation by Outside Intervention

Like domesticated plants and animals, humans stand well outside the classic Darwinian paradigm. Darwin himself made the observation that humans were surprisingly like domesticated animals.
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1020
November 15, 2014, 04:07:58 AM

The problem is that it's wrong.  Positivism has been known to be a logical impossibility for thousands of years.  It persists, however, because it happens to work quite beautifully when explaining isolated phenomena in relation to other isolated phenomena.  Accordingly, the scientific method is founded upon the assumption of a Positivistic Universe.  We just need to remember to disregard it before diving into metaphysics. 

Wow! I couldn't have said the reason for the idea of Evolution being wrong any better than this. Especially, "It persists, however, because it happens to work quite beautifully when explaining isolated phenomena in relation to other isolated phenomena."

Thanks.

Smiley

Here's what you need to remember, though -- evolution is both regarded and explained in terms of isolated phenomena in the scientific community, and it never tries to extend beyond the scope of isolated phenomena.  This basically that means that in an empirical context evolution is more-or-less correct.  If we recognize the scope of evolutionary theory, we can utilize its benefits (and there are many) at the same time that we can also understand there must exist broader, more comprehensive explanations. 
Pages:
Jump to: