Pages:
Author

Topic: Christianity is Poison - page 28. (Read 52590 times)

Activity: 798
Merit: 722
April 23, 2017, 10:58:41 AM
legendary
Activity: 3906
Merit: 1373
April 23, 2017, 10:57:43 AM

Not all religion is bad. Only the religions that do not uphold morality and Jesus salvation are bad.

Cool
legendary
Activity: 2702
Merit: 1468
April 21, 2017, 05:53:59 PM

You ignore the fact that the Catholic Church isn't really Christian.
Cool

Wow.   That is a low point even for a religious fanatic like you.  I guess that is the result of home schooling.

FYI, all Catholics are Christians.  Not all Christians are Catholic.

April 23, 2017, 10:56:45 AM
legendary
April 23, 2017, 10:56:33 AM
Christ really exist because I have s personal experience with him,but I cannot see him physically but through his teachings and inspiration from the holy spirit and when I prau he always answer but every body have his or her own opinion on whether Christian city is the true religion because such people have not encounter him

Really, always?

Ask him to post here.

I think you don't even know what God is.

If you know it, define it for us.  Not what you think it did or does, but what it is.

You have studied the Bible. You can see all the definitions of God listed there. You also know that in essence, God is undefinable. Therefore, God is defined as something that is undefinable in addition to all the ways that the Bible defines Him.

Cool

Waffle waffle waffle.

More trash talk with no essence.

A simple selfie will do.

Actually, my response is right on target with regard to the post I responded to. See the pink highlighted areas above. So it is you who are ignorant and off topic, as usual. Is that all you are? Ignorance and off topic?

Cool

Off topic? 

This is your new way of trying to move the discussion when you cannot prove your point. 

It is typical cloak and dagger.

Selfie please?

Are you talking atheism? Where is your atheism talk in this post of yours, so someone can reply on topic? What? There isn't any? I guess you are trying to be off topic, as usual.

What? You ARE on topic? Oh, I get it. By showing yourself in an off-topic manner, you are essentially saying that you are not an atheist after all. So, you are on topic by replying in an off-topic manner.

Why didn't you come right out and say it? Why didn't you say that you are not an atheist, rather than going through all these contortions?

Cool
April 23, 2017, 10:50:41 AM
legendary
April 21, 2017, 05:21:46 PM

First of all, if you think the "truth" is to kill gays and people who work on Sabbath, you need to have your head examined.

Second, of all, Christian church burned scientists at the stakes.  Do not forget Giordano Bruno and many like him.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Giordano_Bruno

The truth will set you free.

Science advanced in Christian Europe DESPITE the fact that Europe was predominantly Christian.

BTW, you conveniently forget the fact HOW Europe became Christian.  It was not by choice.  Early Christian church converted Europe by sword and fire.

So stop talking about Christianity and science in the same sentence.  The Catholic church is the most evil institution ever.  Even ISIS does not measure up to the Catholic church.

Christians were killing everybody where ever they went.  They are responsible for genocides in North, Central and South Americas.

As I said before I absolutely do not believe "truth" demands we kill gays and people who work on the Sabbath.

Almost no one believes that not even fundamentalists like the Amish or the ultra-orthodox Jews. You seem hung up on this particular strawman.

Your distain of Christianity is in my opinion blinding your objectivity. Yes sins have been committed in the name of Christianity. Human beings often embrace evil with or without religion. God teaches us how to improve if we listen.

The Catholic church is one of the many human institutions built to honor and serve God. All such institutions are guaranteed to have at best a pale and shallow understanding of God. If you are Catholic you believe the church is the best of these institutions with the most accurate understanding of God.

The Catholic Church is far from perfect. It has many flaws and many crimes have been committed in its name. At the same time it has contributed greatly to human progress.

The claim that science had advanced despite religion completely overlooks the fundamental relationship between God, progress, and freedom. The only reason we have come as far as we have is due to the organizational superstructure provided by the worship of God.

If you are interested in the logic behind this I would refer you to the following posts:

Religion and Progress
The Nature of Freedom
The Beginning of Wisdom

And you are missing my point.  You don't need to overlay Christianity on progress and freedom.  You get progress and freedom despite Christianity.  Believe in unreal entities does not help you solve problems humanity is facing.  A fixed framework based on an outdated world view always hinders progress.  Religions were always in the business of enslaving not freedom.

Look in the historical context what this religion has done.  How can you say with a straight face religions contributed to progress?  You guys were killing people left and right, people who had progressive ideas or scientific breakthroughs.

Slavery, racial and gender inequality was a major thing in Christianity, until recently when the church had to give in.  Look how Amish communities treat women, how they treat children, how 'progressive' their communities are.  Christian communities few hundred years ago were more conservative and backwards than Amish communities of today.

Think of what you are saying.  Christianity was never about progress or freedom.  Quite the opposite.  We have a fucking proof in the living Amish and Mennonite communities, as well as in the thousands of people killed to STOP progress and enslave people on EVERY continent.

You can sell your religion propaganda in your church basement, but in an open forum it will be challenged with FACTS.
Activity: 294
Merit: 250
April 23, 2017, 10:45:46 AM
Christ really exist because I have s personal experience with him,but I cannot see him physically but through his teachings and inspiration from the holy spirit and when I prau he always answer but every body have his or her own opinion on whether Christian city is the true religion because such people have not encounter him

Really, always?

Ask him to post here.

If you know it, define it for us.  Not what you think it did or does, but what it is.

You have studied the Bible. You can see all the definitions of God listed there. You also know that in essence, God is undefinable. Therefore, God is defined as something that is undefinable in addition to all the ways that the Bible defines Him.

Cool

Waffle waffle waffle.

A simple selfie will do.

Actually, my response is right on target with regard to the post I responded to. See the pink highlighted areas above. So it is you who are ignorant and off topic, as usual. Is that all you are? Ignorance and off topic?

Cool

Off topic? 

This is your new way of trying to move the discussion when you cannot prove your point. 

It is typical cloak and dagger.

Selfie please?
April 23, 2017, 10:41:53 AM

Really, always?

Ask him to post here.

Cool

Waffle waffle waffle.

A simple selfie will do.

You can't argue with a troll who doesn't care about truth, reality, etc... all he'll to do is call you names, and attempt to discredit you personally rather than your argument (aka ad-hominem)...
legendary
April 23, 2017, 10:19:11 AM

Really, always?

Ask him to post here.

Cool

Waffle waffle waffle.

A simple selfie will do.

Cool
legendary
April 21, 2017, 10:44:16 AM
Activity: 294
April 22, 2017, 10:55:18 PM

Really, always?

Ask him to post here.

Cool

Waffle waffle waffle.

A simple selfie will do.
legendary
April 22, 2017, 02:34:58 PM

Really, always?

Ask him to post here.

Cool
legendary
April 21, 2017, 07:31:04 AM
legendary
April 22, 2017, 02:32:44 PM

Really, always?

Ask him to post here.

Activity: 343
April 22, 2017, 01:35:42 PM
legendary
April 20, 2017, 10:01:45 PM
Activity: 924
Merit: 502
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
April 22, 2017, 01:26:44 PM
religion will teach you how to be a better person, we can't compare all religion where are good it's back to your self. where you faith believe in Buddhism, Islam, Christianity, Hinduism, Catholicism, atheists, Unreligious. so i never think Christianity is Poison or other religion is Poison, in my view all religion is same.
Yes,we couldnot blame christianity or any other religion.Religion teaches the moral ethics which a human should follow.Only atheists preach such hatred towards religions.
Religion has always preached quality moral principles for a person. It was
and remains a stronghold of the human spirit and good, despite the fact
that recently they want to discredit religion by all means. a

If you look at the teachings itself, i think we can all agree that Christianity should make this world a better place for it's followers. The thing here is that a lot of different people can have varying understanding about it's teachings and it can lead sometimes its followers to a different path. Take for example the crusades. It's been tainted with a lot of personal vendettas that led to a very violent history
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1055
April 22, 2017, 12:24:58 PM

Religions played a crucial role in organizing and controlling early societies that formed during and after the agricultural revolution.

Today, religions are being replaced by a secular legal framework that is independent of any particular religion and is far superior to any fixed religious dogma. Progressive values are accepted more easily in a secular system than under a fixed religious regime. Recent example was the acceptance of homosexual marriages.

Religions today play ever diminishing role in controlling of societies in western democracies.  As a result their membership is in a constant decline.

They do occasionally fill the political void as experienced in Africa and the Middle East.

Religions are inflexible because of their holy books.  The dogma is preached as the only way forward.  So they don't allow any new ideas to come in and change the dogma.  Religions are forced to change by the ever growing outside pressures forcing them to accept the change. But they are inherently inflexible.  And in an extreme case of Islam completely fixed.

The less dogma is preached or used the more progressive the religion is.  That is why the secular world view is the most progressive system because it is not fixed, there is no rigid dogma to hinder the progress.

Religion specifically monotheism still plays this crucial role in today's society. This is the oversight that blinds today's progressivism aka leftism.

Progressivism is the blossoming of the aloe, the sudden squandering of the vital force which has accumulated in the long years when it was contented to be healthy and did not aspire after a vain display. The aloe is glorious for a single season. It progresses as it never progressed before. It admires its own excellence, looks back with pity on its earlier and humbler condition, which it attributes only to the unjust restraints in which it was held. It conceives that it has discovered the true secret of being ‘beautiful for ever,’ and in the midst of the discovery it dies.

Froude wrote the obituary long ago. Progressivism dies in a riot of song, sex, color, violence and greed. Most of what you wrote above is accurate. The secular world view is the most 'progressive' system. It is not fixed or grounded in any moral superstructure. It is a worldview without a foundation where ultimately anything goes. This worldview is the true poison for it is unsustainable, unhealthy and ultimately self destructive.

Quote from: A.W. Tozer
Whatever other factors may be present in an act of wrongdoing, folly is one that is never absent. To do a wrong act a man must for the moment think wrong; he must exercise bad judgment.

Sin, I repeat, in addition to anything else it may be, is always an act of wrong judgment. To commit a sin a man must for the moment believe that things are different from what they really are; he must confound values; he must see the moral universe out of focus; he must accept a lie as truth and see truth as a lie; he must ignore the signs on the highway and drive with his eyes shut; he must act as if he had no soul and was not accountable for his moral choices.

Sin is never a thing to be proud of. No act is wise that ignores remote consequences, and sin always does. Sin sees only today, or at most tomorrow; never the day after tomorrow, next month or next year. Death and judgment are pushed aside as if they did not exist...

Sin is basically an act of moral folly, and the greater the folly the greater the fool.
Activity: 812
Merit: 317
April 22, 2017, 09:47:24 AM
religion will teach you how to be a better person, we can't compare all religion where are good it's back to your self. where you faith believe in Buddhism, Islam, Christianity, Hinduism, Catholicism, atheists, Unreligious. so i never think Christianity is Poison or other religion is Poison, in my view all religion is same.
Yes,we couldnot blame christianity or any other religion.Religion teaches the moral ethics which a human should follow.Only atheists preach such hatred towards religions.
Religion has always preached quality moral principles for a person. It was
and remains a stronghold of the human spirit and good, despite the fact
that recently they want to discredit religion by all means. a
Pages:
Jump to: